quality posts: 0 Private Messages Costulessfromme

In for one! Couldnt pass it up!
Thanks woot for another great shirt!

atcibulas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atcibulas

in for one

metanoia29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metanoia29
coupdetat wrote:Actually it matches with the far corner of the box perfectly...better hit those books...

One out of three. Sorry, but I have more dignity in the shirts I wear than being 33% correct in perspective.

Such a simple design... how hard could it have been to drop those other two edges down a little? Oh wait... it would have been really easy. Laziness = not on my shirt.

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire

Hrm. Cute, but I'm not a fan of royal blue and red as a combo. :<

diypdx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diypdx
mikop168 wrote:Being of Chinese origin and currently single, am I required by law to buy this?

Depends on your state.

myoshimi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myoshimi

I'm kind of on the fence about this one. It's kind of cute in a "desperate" way. Who really wants to advertise that, right?? Nice idea, but poor execution!

Ozalloc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ozalloc

I like the color.... but not the heart

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar

a litttle bit too corny

Colddevil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Colddevil

Definitely thought it was a weighted companion cube.

rchan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rchan

Great color, horrible message

jubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubie

It's so cute!

angelagunn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages angelagunn
CBThib307 wrote:How do these shirts run, cause this was my first Woot shirt so I just got a medium.

A little narrow; American Apparel's cut tends toward the long and lean.

(And I'm in for one; would have liked a dustier blue and agree that the text is perhaps redundant, but I'm charmed anyway.)

electronuts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages electronuts
metanoia29 wrote:One out of three. Sorry, but I have more dignity in the shirts I wear than being 33% correct in perspective.

Such a simple design... how hard could it have been to drop those other two edges down a little? Oh wait... it would have been really easy. Laziness = not on my shirt.

Actually, if you were to look at an actual carton you would see that the lines would not match up due to the way that the carton is folded. You see, in 3 dimensions the paper has thickness that prevents the lines from the folds (flap of the carton) from intersecting exactly with the corners. The sketch here represents this phenomenon perfectly. You will understand this more when you get to 3D graphics in your studies. Until then, good luck and I hope you score higher than 33%. That is not a high standard to shoot for.

The shirt is a fun design. Don’t know if I will buy yet. I agree that the heart may be a little feminine for me to pull off. Great one for all the ladies and my Chinese friends.

coupdetat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coupdetat

my high standards lost out to my urge to woot.

Darchonus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Darchonus
electronuts wrote:The shirt is a fun design. Don’t know if I will buy yet. I agree that the heart may be a little feminine for me to pull off. Great one for all the ladies and my Chinese friends.

If this were black, I would buy it.

melloMaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melloMaster
mikop168 wrote:Being of Chinese origin and currently single, am I required by law to buy this?

Yes.

vipersrt10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vipersrt10
metanoia29 wrote:Hasn't anyone else noticed that the lines that form the edges of the carton on the "inside" don't match up with the shape of the carton on the outside? Terrible design flaw, one that I would be ashamed of wearing since I attend a design school.

Thats the way everything looks with x-ray vision.

pfnichols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfnichols

funny... i actually think the words kill it.
the heart inside the box sans text is much better and only the semi-intelligent people you meet will get the joke. Thus, if someone does ask you out... you know they've cleared your predetermined IQ bar.
Come on people... let's raise the bar a little!

nice color, though.

pfnichols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfnichols
metanoia29 wrote:Hasn't anyone else noticed that the lines that form the edges of the carton on the "inside" don't match up with the shape of the carton on the outside? Terrible design flaw, one that I would be ashamed of wearing since I attend a design school.

WOW... are you serious?
they're not supposed to match up... whenever there's a circle like that it's implying a zoom action of sort. hence the lines are slight above the corners. nice one.
some design school you go too.
ask them for a class on creativity (and buy the books).

numbsinner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numbsinner

Sweetness, got it for my boyfriend.

fablefire

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fablefire
pfnichols wrote:funny... i actually think the words kill it.
the heart inside the box sans text is much better and only the semi-intelligent people you meet will get the joke. Thus, if someone does ask you out... you know they've cleared your predetermined IQ bar.
Come on people... let's raise the bar a little!

nice color, though.

Haha... I like that take on it. With the words it's asking just any Joe or Joelie to take you out.

AlaskanSoccer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlaskanSoccer

Woot needs to sell more shirts that can be likened to good songs by good bands from 10 years ago. This one is athe first recognizable one. If You Want To Destroy My Chainmail, despite your insistings woot scholars, I liken to Weezer. However, it had no text, so i didnt buy it. This however, having the name of a realy good song by Franz Ferdinand (the band, not the politician whose assasination started world war 1), is something I can get behind.

leafhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leafhead
HarryBeanbag wrote:I can't shake the song "Take me out" by Franz Ferdinand after seeing this shirt.

same snort!

metanoia29

electronuts wrote:Actually, if you were to look at an actual carton you would see that the lines would not match up due to the way that the carton is folded. You see, in 3 dimensions the paper has thickness that prevents the lines from the folds (flap of the carton) from intersecting exactly with the corners. The sketch here represents this phenomenon perfectly. You will understand this more when you get to 3D graphics in your studies. Until then, good luck and I hope you score higher than 33%. That is not a high standard to shoot for.

Hmm... the Chinese food cartons must be rather thick where you are then.

metanoia29

pfnichols wrote:WOW... are you serious?
they're not supposed to match up... whenever there's a circle like that it's implying a zoom action of sort. hence the lines are slight above the corners. nice one.
some design school you go too.
ask them for a class on creativity (and buy the books).

The only thing I see being implied his is your retardation.

Seriously, how is it implied that it is "zoomed in"? It's simply a cut away. In fact, the line thickness on the outside of the box is more than the inside, which would imply that the inside shot was "zoomed out" if you'd care to say so.

This guy can be as creative as he wants, but his creation still has to follow 2-point perspective. That's just how the world works, buddy.

cluelessblues

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cluelessblues

Hmm... this joke was used on some Joe Boxer pajamas back in the day. They used a more Chinese calligraphy looking font, and no heart.

karrock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karrock

Olliphaunts, Mordor, and Gandalf! this is perfect!! But yeah, black would have been nice.

allgoodshirts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allgoodshirts
coupdetat wrote:my high standards lost out to my urge to woot.

That makes sense...couldn't figure out how you said you weren't going to buy it but then had a banner in your sig.

Also, the heart totally kills this one and it doesn't have to. Couldn't they have had the heart "peeking" out of the inside of the box or integrated it with the design of the box better?

zjd103

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zjd103

what an unbelievably emo shirt...I'm contemplating buying it as I listen to dashboard and cry about my ex-girlfriend...seriously

Toyfare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toyfare

Thanks for all the kind and somewhat critical words. From my experience (read as none), you can't please everyone. I appreciate everyone who decided to snag one, even if you had some sort of huge internal battle with yourself. I also want to thank Woot! for giving me a chance. It's not every day someone with a Biology degree gets a shirt printed with their design on it. Enough of that! Bring on the comments, good and bad.

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

A curious design. Is this the beginning of a line of shirts with different foods on them? Maybe a sandwich with the caption "Hold me" ? Blah, next.

kellyfran61

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellyfran61

Cute shirt Son! I bought three of them.

joshualowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshualowe
metanoia29 wrote:The only thing I see being implied his is your retardation.

Seriously, how is it implied that it is "zoomed in"? It's simply a cut away. In fact, the line thickness on the outside of the box is more than the inside, which would imply that the inside shot was "zoomed out" if you'd care to say so.

This guy can be as creative as he wants, but his creation still has to follow 2-point perspective. That's just how the world works, buddy.

I completely agree with you. My first thought on seeing this shirt was that the lines in the heart circle are wrong.

woot count: 16 | sellout.woot: 4 | shirt.woot: 5 | total: 26
latest: 11-05-07: The Cake is a Liar Shirt.woot

mikebuchanan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikebuchanan

new to woot and im diggin this one...

jayzhou99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jayzhou99

snort! i hope it is a chinese girl

Referral linking/advertising/scams not permitted.

YOBRATS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YOBRATS

I knew I was getting it...but decided it was too girly for me. Call it an early Christmas present, Margeret!

bxredkilla973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bxredkilla973

is it just me or does that look to desperate to wear??? ha ha ha

dabluekey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dabluekey

iDig!
It's a fun shirt. Just hope there is not much added lead or MSG in there...

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

2nd chance sales begin the day after originally offered, for an extra $5. Available shirts are from current and prior week, plus the 20 highest sellers of the remainders.
Also see Day of Reckoning FAQ, and Wikipedia w00t.shirts (last updated on Nov 12)

Current Week:
4141 = Take Me Out
4133 = Floating Squishy
4132 = USA 2145 (Derby 15 Third Place)
4131 = Touring With The Big G (Derby 15 Runner-Up)
Prior Week:
4129 = Ain't No Party Like A Boston Party (Derby 15 Winner)
4127 = Yokohama
4122 = For The Birds
4119 = Wave Function
4115 = Wagoneer
4114 = Sugar BSOD (Derby 14 Third Place)
4113 = The Cake is a Liar (Derby 14 Runner-Up)
RSVP -- Reckoning Survivors Very Purchaseable:
01 Say No To Scurvy (Derby 14 Winner)
02 Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения!
03 Candy Corn Cannibalism (Derby 13 Runner-Up)
04 Cool Breeze (Derby 7 Winner)
05 Camisa de los Muertos
06 Close Encounters of the 2-D Kind (Derby 12 Winner)
07 Pumpkin and Ghost (Derby 13 Winner)
08 Zombie Season (Derby 6 Winner)
09 Chicago Skyline (Derby 10 Runner-up)
10 GI Metro
11 Decomposition (Derby 7 Third Place)
12 Dramatic Jackalope (Derby 11 Winner)
13 Urban Meltdown (Derby 10 Winner)
14 Capture of the Puffaluffs (Derby 11 Runner-up)
15 Uh-Oh
16 BreakfasTopo (Derby 4 Winner)
17 Nobody’s Perfect
18 Late Halloween Night (Derby 13 Third Place)
19 Pirate Penguin (Derby 8 Winner)
20 Circumlocution
SPECIAL EXEMPTION - available until further notice:
shirt.w00t! Launch

RIP -- Reckoned Into Perpetuity:
Sucka -- ApeLad -- Autumn Breeze (Derby 9 Third Place) -- Backyard Brawl -- Follow The Leader (Derby 12 Runner-Up) -- Die or Treat -- Unatomy -- Ghosts -- Sun Decay (Derby 12 Third Place) -- Fire Swallower -- Hot Wings -- Avocado Man -- Escape of the Puffaluffs (Derby 11 Third Place) -- Four Out Of Five Monsters Agree -- Vaejovis Spinigeris -- Sk8scape -- Sore Thumbs -- Go Rock Beat Paper(Derby 6 Third Place) -- Concrete Cityscape (Derby 10 Third Place) -- Thumb War -- Man-Boy -- Bird-Powered Robot -- Lady of Spain, Matadore You -- The Rustic -- Chimpanzee Robusto -- Sea Chimp -- Suicidal Maple Leaf (Derby 9 Winner) -- RTFO -- Summer To Fall (Derby 9 Runner-up) -- Oh Well -- Panda Polo (Derby 6 Runner-up) -- Bushidō (Derby 8 Runner-up) -- Pencildelic -- More Skulls -- Stop Digital Piracy (Derby 8 Third Place) -- Perched Among Blossoms -- Brain Freeze -- Bats! -- Jellyfishalicious (Derby 5 Winner) -- Mental Notes (Derby 7 Runner-up) -- Loved By The Sea -- Sewer Monster -- Deer By Numbers -- L'Homme à L'Intérieur du Chat --Snake Bouquet -- Skatetown -- Reality Isn't For Everyone (Derby 3 Winner) -- The Organic Light Beam (Derby 5 Runner-up) -- Son of Kabuki -- Sunset Tree (Derby 5 Third Place) -- Day Off -- Ka-Boom -- Green Space -- Stereo From Above -- Unhappy Meeting (Derby 2 Co-winner) -- Rat Rod -- Duct Tape Man -- See-Sawlitude --Threat Level: Doctorow -- Snowmen In Heat (Derby 2 Co-winner) -- Driving To Work -- If You Want To Destroy My Chainmail -- Pirate Trip -- Hello Squidbucket! -- Nerdy Laundry -- American Samurai -- Cube One (Derby 1 Winner) -- Too Hungry -- Scales & Bubbles -- Sci-Fi Weenie Roast -- Robot Service -- The Must-See Comedy Shirt of the Summer -- Word Problem -- This Here’s My Unicorn-Huntin’ Gun

blackbenz5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackbenz5

i dont get it

Woot this