DeathBot1406

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeathBot1406

these lame shirts are not "big business slams" but redundant terms that big business thanks you all for doing. Theses shirts are consumer slams.wearing a logo that you recognize and think is witty slam is asinine. Big business thanks you for you being a rebel. Well done.

DMCer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DMCer

I think everyone, should vote for this design!!

http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/1209

The designer's made countless shirts on Woot!, and every vote here helps this shirt become a reality.

audient

quality posts: 2 Private Messages audient

Been lurking for weeks. Almost bought Cassetts Taps. Bought my first shirt woot today.

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11

I can't believe that this one is still available for purchase at 9:30 a.m. EST - in for 1

Pamelasue1009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pamelasue1009
msj11 wrote:I can't believe that this one is still available for purchase at 9:30 a.m. EST - in for 1

I agree with you....if it came in second place....why aren't all those people who voted for it, buying it?

Personally, I would like to see the 4th place winner of last week go up for sale...

tighty righty, lefty loosey.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

whoha4242 wrote:I'm thinking Squander is Compaq.

Upgrade is Apple. (magazine ads etc)

http://lowendmac.com/newsrev/mnr07/dr0817/mac-ad.jpg

Yeah, it's definitely Apple; I could tell from first glance, though I have no idea how.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superstargoddess

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superstargoddess

This was second and it still isn't sold out... hmm... interesting.

I am looking to buy "Life Choices", any size, send me a message!

So fuhqued up.

Esoteric1081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Esoteric1081

Does the creator of this shirt have a conspiracy theory?
No wait, I bet the creator is a Mac user.

sheila01801

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheila01801

Weird... I liked the "Five Bucks" shirt but not this one. Maybe because its red... I used to work at Target and now I HATE red and khaki

1. 11-26-07 "Crappy Shirt"
  2. 04-11-08 Love of Money Shirt
  3. 05-27-08 Random Shirt
  4. 06-03-08 Nike Sport Kit Carrying Case for MP3 Players (2 for Tues)
  5. 6-13-08 It's going out faster than coming in shirt.
  6. 7-21-08 Happy Birthday, Shirt Woot tee.
  7. 7-30-08 Mighty Kite Mini Kite
  8. 8-30-08 Hungry Bento
  9. 9-02-08 Random Woot Tee (Perpetual Emotion)
  10. 10-03-08 Donut Panic! shirt
  11. 10-16-08 Random Shirt
  12. 10-23-08 Screaming Money (orange cape)

Fgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fgo

Im in, first woot for me. Stick it to the man.

allgoodshirts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allgoodshirts

The "I Want One" button is bouncing. Now's the time to get this shirt if you want it for $10.

geswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geswoot

Noam Chomsky would be proud.

Westmont

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Westmont

They didn't print enough. How sad.

andylei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andylei

Anyone find consuming an anti-consumerism shirt ironic?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
StevieT wrote:I don't understand why this theme has to be negative and against consumerism. The reason anyone is on this site is because of consumerism. Everything woot does if for sale...... why is the american dollar negitive, a strong economy as we are experiencing is a good thing. Praise this, because if and when it all goes into the red, you will be wishing you could waste $10.00 on a dumb T-Shirt

Perhaps I'm just not very economically-conscious, but wouldn't the American dollar dropping below the Canadian one imply a weakening, not strong, economy?

amazingrace4u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amazingrace4u

aww man i really like this one! i haven't been looking at the shirts lately because rarely do i like any but i really like this one.

woot, put it up again??

miotu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miotu

Woot, you've got to be careful when you print stuff like this; the golden arch symbol itself is copyrighted. God forbid anyone get you on this.

gemchick82

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gemchick82
sheila01801 wrote:Weird... I liked the "Five Bucks" shirt but not this one. Maybe because its red... I used to work at Target and now I HATE red and khaki

Yeah, the really scary thing is when you show up at target, see yourself on the video surveillance, and realize damn it I'm wearing red and khaki.

I did that for a couple months after I stopped working there.

Ok and maybe its just me, but I had Upgrade as Microsoft.

Arguendo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arguendo
AdderXYU wrote:Perhaps I'm just not very economically-conscious, but wouldn't the American dollar dropping below the Canadian one imply a weakening, not strong, economy?

Not sure why everyone always seems so obsessed with that. I would look at GDP growth, if anything, to measure the economy and we seem... well, weakening, but still...

In any event, the US can have both a strong and weakening economy -- if it were already weak, we wouldn't have much of anywhere to go. I think the primary poster's point was that the US economy is relatively "strong" depending upon how you measure it (GDP per capita? standard of living? ...) which I think is valid if you compare it with other countries (... and the world is bigger than Canada and Europe).

Also, for those of you worried, and to bolster the one poster lamenting the attack on consumerism -- you know one of the key methods in strengthening the economy? Consume, consume, consume (and also produce, produce, produce, which is necessitated by the desire to consume and facilitated by the need for something to consume).

derwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derwin

If it makes a difference, I just bought a original L "Nobody's Perfect" shirt.woot! That's quite possibly the best (or in top 5) shirt.woot's of all time.

Wizardtom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Wizardtom

I was so glad to have my USA 2145 show up the day before Thanksgiving. It was the perfect and suitingly ironic way of celebrating freedom from imposing regime as we continue to slowly slip back into a social state: My only regret, not having THIS one to wear on Black Friday!

I have 30 shirts.woots and I really need some pants.woot, could use more belts.woot, definitely have to replace my approach shoes.woot.com.

I want to legally enter a McDonalds or gas station in any only woot apparel...

Cherrypicker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Cherrypicker

2nd chance sales begin the day after originally offered, for an extra $5. Available shirts are from current and prior week, plus the 20 highest sellers of the remainders.
Also see Day of Reckoning FAQ, and Wikipedia w00t.shirts (last updated on Nov 12)

Current Week:
4283 = Dissipate (Derby 17 Runner-Up)
Prior Week:
4284 = Now That's Just Overpriced (Derby 17 Winner)
4282 = Try Me
4275 = Cassette Taps
4270 = The Thing That Scoots
4266 = Entrance Ramp for the Soul Expressway
4265 = The Creative Thought Process (Derby 16 Third Place)
4260 = Diversity (Derby 16 Runner-Up)
MRI -- Monday Reckoning Imminent:
4222 = Survival Tracking Guide (Derby 16 Winner)
4200 = Plump Horse
4146 = Shrimp Buffet!
4141 = Take Me Out
4133 = Floating Squishy
4132 = USA 2145 (Derby 15 Third Place)
4131 = Touring With The Big G (Derby 15 Runner-Up)
RSVP -- Reckoning Survivors Very Purchaseable:
01 Say No To Scurvy (Derby 14 Winner)
02 Ain't No Party Like A Boston Party (Derby 15 Winner)
03 Cool Breeze (Derby 7 Winner)
04 Candy Corn Cannibalism (Derby 13 Runner-Up)
05 Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения!
06 Camisa de los Muertos
07 The Cake is a Liar (Derby 14 Runner-Up)
08 Close Encounters of the 2-D Kind (Derby 12 Winner)
09 Zombie Season (Derby 6 Winner)
10 Wave Function
11 GI Metro
12 Pumpkin and Ghost (Derby 13 Winner)
13 Chicago Skyline (Derby 10 Runner-up)
14 Sugar BSOD (Derby 14 Third Place)
15 Decomposition (Derby 7 Third Place)
16 Dramatic Jackalope (Derby 11 Winner)
17 Capture of the Puffaluffs (Derby 11 Runner-up)
19 Urban Meltdown (Derby 10 Winner)
18 Nobody’s Perfect
20 Uh-Oh
SPECIAL EXEMPTION - available until further notice:
shirt.w00t! Launch

RIP -- Reckoned Into Perpetuity:
BreakfasTopo (Derby 4 Winner) -- Late Halloween Night (Derby 13 Third Place) -- Pirate Penguin (Derby 8 Winner) -- Circumlocution -- Yokohama -- Wagoneer -- For The Birds -- Sucka -- ApeLad -- Autumn Breeze (Derby 9 Third Place) -- Backyard Brawl -- Follow The Leader (Derby 12 Runner-Up) -- Die or Treat -- Unatomy -- Ghosts -- Sun Decay (Derby 12 Third Place) -- Fire Swallower -- Hot Wings -- Avocado Man -- Escape of the Puffaluffs (Derby 11 Third Place) -- Four Out Of Five Monsters Agree -- Vaejovis Spinigeris -- Sk8scape -- Sore Thumbs -- Go Rock Beat Paper(Derby 6 Third Place) -- Concrete Cityscape (Derby 10 Third Place) -- Thumb War -- Man-Boy -- Bird-Powered Robot -- Lady of Spain, Matadore You -- The Rustic -- Chimpanzee Robusto -- Sea Chimp -- Suicidal Maple Leaf (Derby 9 Winner) -- RTFO -- Summer To Fall (Derby 9 Runner-up) -- Oh Well -- Panda Polo (Derby 6 Runner-up) -- Bushidō (Derby 8 Runner-up) -- Pencildelic -- More Skulls -- Stop Digital Piracy (Derby 8 Third Place) -- Perched Among Blossoms -- Brain Freeze -- Bats! -- Jellyfishalicious (Derby 5 Winner) -- Mental Notes (Derby 7 Runner-up) -- Loved By The Sea -- Sewer Monster -- Deer By Numbers -- L'Homme à L'Intérieur du Chat --Snake Bouquet -- Skatetown -- Reality Isn't For Everyone (Derby 3 Winner) -- The Organic Light Beam (Derby 5 Runner-up) -- Son of Kabuki -- Sunset Tree (Derby 5 Third Place) -- Day Off -- Ka-Boom -- Green Space -- Stereo From Above -- Unhappy Meeting (Derby 2 Co-winner) -- Rat Rod -- Duct Tape Man -- See-Sawlitude --Threat Level: Doctorow -- Snowmen In Heat (Derby 2 Co-winner) -- Driving To Work -- If You Want To Destroy My Chainmail -- Pirate Trip -- Hello Squidbucket! -- Nerdy Laundry -- American Samurai -- Cube One (Derby 1 Winner) -- Too Hungry -- Scales & Bubbles -- Sci-Fi Weenie Roast -- Robot Service -- The Must-See Comedy Shirt of the Summer -- Word Problem -- This Here’s My Unicorn-Huntin’ Gun

natemc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natemc

anyone think that maybe there wasn't that many voters in this derby and thats why they aren't selling out quickly because not many people wanted them despite winning. Kind of like major political elections, low voter turnout.

this was my least favorite derby by far, only liked a couple entries which didn't win and I still probably wouldn't have bought them if they had won.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert

Got my Dissipate shirt. Came out great. Love the "IBM" especially -- it seems to be a sparkly ink -- I don't know if that is something that Woot did on purpose or a side effect of the screen printing.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I'm fairly unabashed about how I feel about this shirt, but it really does look excellent printed. Congrats, Robert

janoc7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages janoc7

thatrobert, thanks for posting a picture, that's exactly what I was looking for. Think I'll buy one now.

(Based on your picture and another woot shirt I received, I've noticed the designs look noticeably larger than they are in the original illustrations, relative to the size of the shirt as a whole (they basically take up more chest space) ...I'll try to remember that next time I consider buying one.)

thatrobert

janoc7 wrote:thatrobert, thanks for posting a picture, that's exactly what I was looking for. Think I'll buy one now.

(Based on your picture and another woot shirt I received, I've noticed the designs look noticeably larger than they are in the original illustrations, relative to the size of the shirt as a whole (they basically take up more chest space) ...I'll try to remember that next time I consider buying one.)

Good to hear it. Better hurry up and buy if you haven't already. It doesn't look very likely it'll make it past the 1st week reckoning next Monday...

BobatKarps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobatKarps

I bought this shirt on 11/24, and it supposedly got to the Smartpost Sortation Center on the 25th. No movement since then. I have an inquiry in at service.woot to see if this is a Smartpost glitch or if they never sent it out. Love Woot, hate Smartpost, too cheap for Overnight!

zemke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zemke

I have the exact same situation. My order is still listed as arriving at the Dallas "Sortation Center" on 11/25 with no further updates.

I've also ordered 2 subsequent shirts and both of them left Dallas last week. I have two inquiries (sent yesterday morning and this morning) into service.woot without a response.

Dan

dmpower

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmpower
BobatKarps wrote:I bought this shirt on 11/24, and it supposedly got to the Smartpost Sortation Center on the 25th. No movement since then. I have an inquiry in at service.woot to see if this is a Smartpost glitch or if they never sent it out. Love Woot, hate Smartpost, too cheap for Overnight!

Mine is the same.It hadn't moved since Nov 25th, but it was delivered today by USPS. It may show up any day now.
Good Luck

fluffykins112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fluffykins112
attackingmoose wrote:Consume - Coca Cola
Dissipate - Disney
More - McDonalds
Buy - IBM

Upgrade, waste and squander? Got me.

Any insight?

I've been wondering the same thing.someone posted that upgrade=apple and squander=Compaq. i still don't know waste.

jubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubie

My shirt came today.

I was on the tracking page for so long but it hasn't updated for so long but today it came and it caught me off guard.

thatrobert

fluffykins112 wrote:I've been wondering the same thing.someone posted that upgrade=apple and squander=Compaq. i still don't know waste.

Yahoo.

m1x4h

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m1x4h

hopefully today

polybius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polybius

On my Lunch break today there were still zero updates on the tracking for this shirt so I decided to send service@woot.com an email but put the following disclaimer at the bottom:

"I suspect the package will magically warp into my mailbox simply because I wrote this e-mail."

I was right!, it was there in my mailbox waiting when I got home.

incomprehensibly passive

coachkoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coachkoz

Received mine today as well. Looks good, but I'll order up a size next time. Medium seems to run a little smaller than the guide says. That or I must be finally be seeing positive results from the gym!

• We are Virginia Tech!

m1x4h

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m1x4h

still nothing

Radar237

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Radar237
zemke wrote:I have the exact same situation. My order is still listed as arriving at the Dallas "Sortation Center" on 11/25 with no further updates.

I've also ordered 2 subsequent shirts and both of them left Dallas last week. I have two inquiries (sent yesterday morning and this morning) into service.woot without a response.

Dan

BobatKarps wrote:I bought this shirt on 11/24, and it supposedly got to the Smartpost Sortation Center on the 25th. No movement since then. I have an inquiry in at service.woot to see if this is a Smartpost glitch or if they never sent it out. Love Woot, hate Smartpost, too cheap for Overnight!

I am glad I am not the only one with the same exact problem, anyone else? Did you guys end up getting your shirts yet?

jubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubie
Radar237 wrote:I am glad I am not the only one with the same exact problem, anyone else? Did you guys end up getting your shirts yet?

Yup, I got mine. That tracking page ended up to be useless. The page still haven't updated since I've gotten my shirt.

Just keep checking your mailbox - maybe you'll get it today!
Or maybe it really did get lost - inquire then.

TheWorkGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheWorkGuy

Got MY Three today, even though the Tracking information I got 11 Days ago still only says: "November 25, 2007 12:20 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX"

Hope that helps some of you that are still waiting on yours.

TWG