kentuckygirl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kentuckygirl

Heh. Too bad this won't arrive until WELL AFTER Chanukah....else I'd buy it. I'm too cheap to pay the extra $5 for shipping.

outunderstars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages outunderstars
bluewave12 wrote:I don't know if I'd wear this, but it is L-O-L funny! My friend just sent me a link today that may help people... or not.

http://lolcatz.wordpress.com/

welcome to 2006.

jlange

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlange
Ozzie2191 wrote:The religeous overtones aside, I'm not Jewish, so someone who is could you answer this: how early from the holiday is this? Considering shirt.woot's record, it's tomorrow.

You would be correct...hanukkah begins tomorrow night at sundown (acutally, since its past midnight, that'd be TODAY).

I'm just amused that woot used "sufganiyot" in the description. Awesome. For the goyim out there, sufganiyot are just jelly doughnuts, but for hanukkah.

opprobrium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opprobrium
Ozzie2191 wrote:The religeous overtones aside, I'm not Jewish, so someone who is could you answer this: how early from the holiday is this? Considering shirt.woot's record, it's tomorrow.

Yeah, it's Dec 4 after sundown. But! There are 8 nights, so with the shipping option you'll get it before it ends.

I'm down for one for my mom.

geoffreysteinman

quality posts: 7 Private Messages geoffreysteinman

yes, tomorrow at sundown.

bluewave12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bluewave12
outunderstars wrote:welcome to 2006.

Hey, I didn't say I've never seen them before - just never the website. Obviously some people may not have seen it before so I also welcome them to 2006!

alexraiber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexraiber
outunderstars wrote:Who cares when the shirt won't even arrive until January?

Thats exactly what I thought when i came up too. hohoho

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire

Lawlcats??? Oh noes... Cute though. *waits for I can haz candycane shirt*

aercires

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aercires
robalesi wrote:Here's one Roman Catholic that is purchasing and will wear this shirt.

mmhmm, and here's another! ;)

RheaJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RheaJ

In for 1. Since the holiday goes for 8 days, it MIGHT just arrive in time.But I'm not counting on it.

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar

Um wow, i wonder how the picture will turn out, since the last picture that was vectorized sort of similar to this turned out so-so. funny though

csmorgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmorgan

Its cute, it's cuddley, its the right color, but I just don't think I can wear a shirt with a dreidel on it...

FirstWoot:BFG 5700LE 256MB OverclockedAGPVideoCard
FavoriteWoot:CuisinartGrindandBrewThermal 10-Cup CoffeeMaker
RazerMouseQty:6
Friends:Leakfrog,BlackWootCapeMonkey,Powersquid

Packy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Packy

Hrm... I love LOLCATS and icanhascheezburger, but this one doesn't talk to me. Oh well, someone had to be the pioneer!

Wooter since 2005

ZX3Junglist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZX3Junglist
csm11 wrote:If I were Jewish, I'd be in for one.

all the more reason!! buy one and wear it to her fam'ry events

My god, just buy 3 and go to sleep already!!

goingfordistance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goingfordistance

The shirt is so-so but the description is hilarious!

Do you have a Caution Octopus shirt? Men's small, perhaps?

dnbdb13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnbdb13

im jewish and this is a definite not gonna buy for me.

lolcats are kinda funny in small doses maybe once or twice a month, but wearing an internet meme outside of the internet. yikes.

shirt.woot purchases:
3892 - urban meltdown
4119 - wave finction
4311 - sigh of relief
4631 - alice painting caterpillar

annierose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annierose

I love the description. The shirt, no. The description, yes. So, if I were to buy it as a Chanukah gift, it would arrive for which night? Oy! maybe you should have offered it two weeks ago?

archiestone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages archiestone

Oy vey.

startdrowning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages startdrowning

I wouldn't of minded the lean with it rock with it lolcat. That one gets me everytime.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya

It seems that every time I really like a shirt, there are a lot of whiners. This shirt is awesome. More lolcats. Can we have a lolcat derby theme?

alboneus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alboneus

j00 gotta be kidding me, Woot. lolcats? Really? Is this what it's come down to? Booo...

Before free market economy, we eat potato each night for dinner. Now we have much money. We eat two potato each night for dinner. And on happy days, we eat salted pork from can.

Jason W

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jason W

Cheezburgers iz not kosher

No, you can't have a cheezburger

(picture of observant Jew)
Not yours

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters

Hehe this is hilarious but I wouldn't wear it.

www.c8-bit.com

mdonders

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdonders

<-- jewish

must have.

PeterBB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PeterBB

As someone who appreciates both lolcats and Judaism, this is still a terrible shirt.

sethga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sethga

lolcats and chanukah, two good things. In for me plus another one of my tribe friends

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

This might be the first woot shirt which has ever disgusted me. Not because of religion melding with idiotic internet memes, though that is fairly tasteless, but more the sheer lack of artfulness in this shirt.

Some people will call any shirt "the worst woot shirt evahr" and be wrong, but I will go out on a limb and say that if this is NOT the worst shirt woot has ever put out, it's the worst shirt since Sk8scape, and will probably be the worst shirt they'll put out til spring.

zikzak

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zikzak
bluewave12 wrote:Hey, I didn't say I've never seen them before - just never the website. Obviously some people may not have seen it before so I also welcome them to 2006!

There is no "the website." There's like 10 of them. icanhascheezburger.com seems to be lolcat central these days.

Personally I enjoy the self-referential absurdist humor of this meme.

herman16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages herman16

not my favorite lolcat, not my favorite hohoho!-catted phrase.

and even though most of the lolcat pictures are of cruddy quality, I think this shirt would have been classier if the quality of the pictures was really good, really artistic. then the words would have stood out in contrast.

loving the color though.

Stark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Stark
japanesegorilla wrote:Can someone tell me why my comments have a tendency to disappear? The replies to my posts will remain but my posts themselves vanish...

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=487406&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=39

RoombaSlave

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RoombaSlave

Laughed out loud while the wife is sleeping. That means it's worth the $10. Too funny.

russian1917

quality posts: 0 Private Messages russian1917

I'll be the envy of every kibbutznik!

razerz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razerz
alboneus wrote:j00 gotta be kidding me, Woot. lolcats? Really? Is this what it's come down to? Booo...

Hearhear, enough with the same jokes that keep being regurgitated.
If they picked a design like this, then even i could probably make something that would win.

ackmondual

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ackmondual

condition: Unorthodox
product(s): 1 Royal Blue Woot Tee (4323)

the first Woot-cat-style t-shirt! Never thought I'd finally see the day! Altho I don't believe that's a Jewish cat.

marriage is the price men pay for sex
sex is the price women pay for marriage

Razor88888

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Razor88888

http://icanhascheezburger.com/ !!!!11!!!111111!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
razerz wrote:Hearhear, enough with the same jokes that keep being regurgitated.
If they picked a design like this, then even i could probably make something that would win.

The worst of it is that it was picked BY WOOT.

That means that woot, not even the questionably tasteful derby pirate-videogame contingent, decided this mess would be worth printing.

Lolcats are horrible examples of everything wrong with internet "culture." Nonjokes repeated ad infinitum, terrible spelling and grammar being praised and respected, let alone accepted, and any joe schmo having a shot at having his unfunny crap seen by millions.

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

Smells like gefilte fish

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo

me almost gets some kat shrt, but me me liked not grammer wrong shirts nohow yawl.
teeach not good talking righting things.
so yes, me no get one.
aight?

PS> All your base are belong to us

Footnotes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engrish

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs

I don't know if I would wear it but I bought one with speedy shipping.

If this sells fast, maybe we'll see some kosher wine!

Superllama7

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Superllama7

*vomits* I think I'll go over to the regular woot and see if I can get a keyboard to replace the one I just soiled...