iifeisgoodii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iifeisgoodii

HAHHAHAA CAT PICTURES ROCK
hilarious shirt

StrayNostalgia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StrayNostalgia

Out of the hundreds of adorable and clever cat jokes they have floating around out there, this is certainly not one of the better ones.

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss
AdderXYU wrote:The worst of it is that it was picked BY WOOT.

That means that woot, not even the questionably tasteful derby pirate-videogame contingent, decided this mess would be worth printing.

Lolcats are horrible examples of everything wrong with internet "culture." Nonjokes repeated ad infinitum, terrible spelling and grammar being praised and respected, let alone accepted, and any joe schmo having a shot at having his unfunny crap seen by millions.

*whining* Stap making fun of lolcats! Its not fair! *cry*

/irony.

The internet makes you stupid. Thats how the net started out; posting ANY kind of crap made you a ton of money. This shirt *IS* the internet, no matter how much you and I hate it.

I had a stupid page about fortune cookies in 1997, made thousands in ad revenue and OneAndOnly.com partnerships before the .com crash. If I got in earlier by six months I would be retired by now, like this total jerkface in this MMO I know.

This IS the internet. Might Is Right. You just see how MANY people are stupid, rather than seeing a few at a time in real life.

g8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages g8r

“I’m In Ur Festival of Lights Kindln Ur Menorah”
That would have been funnier on the shirt.

First lolcat shirt - I'm almost tempted to buy although I'd never wear it. This cat doesn't make me laugh like some of the others.

zwolf4444

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zwolf4444
StrayNostalgia wrote:Out of the hundreds of adorable and clever cat jokes they have floating around out there, this is certainly not one of the better ones.

Out of the many clever Chanukah T-shirts they could have made, this is also certainly not one of the better ones. As an orthodox jew, I would have bought a woot chanukah t-shirt if had anything but a lolcat on it.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
ackmondual wrote:condition: Unorthodox
product(s): 1 Royal Blue Woot Tee (4323)

the first Woot-cat-style t-shirt! Never thought I'd finally see the day! Altho I don't believe that's a Jewish cat.

Actually, I think the cat is Reform.

First time I bought a t-shirt for both me AND DH. If it doesn't arrive in time to wear for one of the nights of Chanukah/Hanukkah/Hannukah/etc., I wear it Xmas Eve. Or maybe for Kwanzaa.

Just goes to show - one person's worst woot is the woot someone else has been waiting for.

rkyyz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rkyyz

Woot better ask for a presidential pardon or be prepared for extreme punishment. LOLcat = Teddy Bear.

Tweek

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tweek

Did kitty make it out of clay?

Stark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Stark
AdderXYU wrote:The worst of it is that it was picked BY WOOT.

That means that woot, not even the questionably tasteful derby pirate-videogame contingent, decided this mess would be worth printing.

Lolcats are horrible examples of everything wrong with internet "culture." Nonjokes repeated ad infinitum, terrible spelling and grammar being praised and respected, let alone accepted, and any joe schmo having a shot at having his unfunny crap seen by millions.

I don't think it's so bad as this. I mean, the design is lackluster, and it's certainly unoriginal and carries all of the baggage that comes with internet memes, but it's not without its merits. Certainly, a significant portion of Woot!'s market will find it palatable, and so it's not a bad move from a business perspective, especially since running a different T-shirt every day means Woot! can and should explore a creative base. There are a fair number of designs from all sorts of schools of design and thought, and throwing a silly one like this in occasionally probably helps their reputation as business that's open to all ideas, rather than hurting them.

But aside from all of that, this is indicative of just how far the meme has come, and how much longer it has to be en vogue. Soon, it will be everywhere outside of the internet, and not long after that, it will be dead and buried. Just like anything else in life, when your Mom starts sending wearing her LOLcat T-shirt around the house, then it's time to find something else to be cool.

requiem960

quality posts: 1 Private Messages requiem960

Wow, I really hope Woot does some more lolcats. I always post the pics during Woot Offs. But, there's no way I could pull this one off. Oh well, next lolcat shirt that comes along.... I will buy!

recess238

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recess238
Stark wrote:

But aside from all of that, this is indicative of just how far the meme has come, and how much longer it has to be en vogue. Soon, it will be everywhere outside of the internet, and not long after that, it will be dead and buried. Just like anything else in life, when your Mom starts sending wearing her LOLcat T-shirt around the house, then it's time to find something else to be cool.

That's actually what makes it so funny.

vvebsta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vvebsta

thats awesome!! my jewish friend will flip!

annierose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annierose
AnGeLiCbOrIs wrote:I don't know if I would wear it but I bought one with speedy shipping.

If this sells fast, maybe we'll see some kosher wine!

Eh? If I thought that would happen....Decent - no, good - Kosher wine?

Yis-royal-i blue (now that was funny!)...

ok, you talked me into it. It will make a great Purim gift (wait, it's not coming SmartPost. It shouldn't take that long). I'm in...but if I don't get the wine, oh boy will I whine!

Ignofibininious

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ignofibininious

I iz no j00, but i iz on ur w00t, baien dis shurt!

To increase your chanced of getting a Bag O'Crap, hold down the windows key and the E key as you click the "I Want One" button. Think "E" for enternet.

ianmerin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianmerin

got one!

i for one welcome our LOLCAT overlords

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

Bwahahha! Woot.. I love the fact you had the junk to put this thing on a shirt. Hilarious. But, I'd never wear it.

It was a good laugh though.

maxinater

quality posts: 4 Private Messages maxinater

I can has dis shirt.woot?

Seriously, i really like this shirt. I am probably unhealthily obsessed with lolcats.

29 wootz (I was better than everyone else)
Avg. qty: 1.642857
Total of 48 items
Last purchase: Buckyballs 2-for-Tuesday

sandbar67

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sandbar67

I'm Jewish, and I don't want one. LOLcats? C'mon Woot.... really.

vquasarv

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vquasarv

THIS SHIRT IS BLUE

"Cause once you're addicted to wine and champagne,It's gonna drive you insane,
Because the world's not so tame." -The Kinks

Aberrantic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic

As a Jew, I'm gonna be honest: this shirt is amazing. It doesn't matter that Woot has sunk as low as LOLCats, this shirt still represents. However, part of the hilariousness is the atrocious grammar, and my OCD just can't handle it.

RobGlenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobGlenn

I can't believe woot has stooped to selling meme based shirts... oh wait never mind (see self promoting meme based shirt sig).

munchie20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages munchie20

Yes! Finally a Hanukkah present that my brother will enjoy and that I can get a good laugh out of. I'm not too much into LOLcats...but at least I got his Hanukkah present covered. And now I can go to sleep and he'll stop bugging me.

Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate! I just got finished baking my last batch of cookies for my party tomorrow night. =)

Happy Holiday season to the rest of ya'll..

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
vquasarv wrote:THIS SHIRT IS BLUE

Your command of the obvious is astounding, sir.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

amaiman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amaiman

Awesome shirt! In for one, overnight shipping!

haoshufen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haoshufen

Its somewhere in late december. Changes every year and havent checked a calendar recently...

IONredlineRACER

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IONredlineRACER

I got one!

JonnyDanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JonnyDanger

BTW whether you're a Jew or Gentile this shirt is teh awesome. All you haters are anti-Semites. There. I said it.

2/8/08 - Uniden 5.8Ghz 3 Handset Phone with Answering System --- 1/20/08 - 3x Bag O Chirt --- 12/7/07 - 3x Sudoku Wooden Board Game --- 12/5/07 - I Can Has Dreidel? --- 11/25/07 - 3x Bag O Chirt --- 10/9/07 - Bird-Powered Robot --- 10/3/07 - Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения! --- 9/19/07 - Sandisk Sansa e270 6GB Media Player --- 9/17/07 - 2x Bats! --- 7/27/07 - Threat Level: Doctorow --- 7/12/07 - 3x Random Crap --- 6/1/07 - 3x Random Crap --- 6/1/07 - 1x Logitech MX Revolution

w116tjb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages w116tjb

Jewish or not, this is funny. Damn funny. I'm in for one.

killswitchdh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killswitchdh

I got mine!

netanalper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netanalper
Ozzie2191 wrote:The religeous overtones aside, I'm not Jewish, so someone who is could you answer this: how early from the holiday is this? Considering shirt.woot's record, it's tomorrow.

hahaha it IS tomorrow!

pumpernickleme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pumpernickleme

Love shirt, will not buy. Again, not female friendly, IMHO. *sigh* Thumbs up to the lolcat though.

I'm still waiting for Woot to reconsider printing A Matched Pair from the last derby. Please?

I got a Big Orphaned Cetacea once.

metanoia29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages metanoia29
mergedwarrior wrote:Does not fit religion.

Please, more lolcats though.

Me neither but I would still wear it.

lolcats ftw.

Irenicmad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irenicmad

Wow, it's like woot is trying to compete with itself in an ever ongoing effort to make the worst shirt ever possible. So apparently dreidel is some jewish thing? Combined with lolcates.
Do you get a funny shirt? No, you get a what seems a badly photoshopped cat on a horrible color.

jingodemail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jingodemail

awesome shirt. awesome dividing opinions. whatever, i bought two. one for my subgenius ass, and one for my girlfriend's catholic ass.

i overnighted it. getting ready to really bum out the chumps that took offense to 'welcome to america 2145'.

awesome shirt.

imagecaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imagecaster

I'm a seminarian, so I'm definitely in for one. Wish I had it in time for the biblical Hebrew final. The lolcat looks like mine ... the anti-Semite kitty that defiled my Hebrew bible. I have to burn it now, but at least I'll have a TEESHURT.

Over 75 wootilicious purchases so far, including: 1 unmutilated Be the Monkey Woot T-shirt, 12 screaming monkeys and 2 leakfrogs. Ribbit.

geno1510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geno1510

Well here's on Jew that bought it as a late Hanukkah gift. Seriously folks, it's a cat with a dreidel, what's not to like?

recess238

quality posts: 0 Private Messages recess238
Irenicmad wrote:
Do you get a funny shirt? No, you get a what seems a badly photoshopped cat on a horrible color.

badly photoshopped cat = Funny shirt.

You don't have the matching sense of humor for this shirt. That's okay. Just quit complaining so dang much. It's not the end of the world.

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo
jingodemail wrote:
one for my subgenius ass

Odd place to put it, but whatever sinks your battleship.

But I guess it's better than gerbils. Wait... it does have a cat... cats eat gerbils... coincidence? I think not.

And let it be known... dreidel shirt... good... cat shirt... um... fine... I guess.

But Engrish??? Un-good shirt grammar is un-good. Very double plus ungood. Tripple plus ungood. *Double* Sideways 8 ungood (and difficult to do BTW. Ungood. Ungood. Ungood. Un-purchased. Eh? Goes for L33t speak-ification too it does. Hmmm.

All Hail Eris and pass the slack.

1984 was a pretty good year indeed... but I was already old then.

lvytn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvytn

This shirt would arrive after Hanukkah is over. Lame.

ragermeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ragermeister

Fail. Epic fail. Lolcats are generally fail, and this one is just too generic.