+ Add a Comment

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

I saw someone wearing Vandalized Turtle on a bus in DC yesterday. When I said "Hey, a woot shirt", he got confused for a second, then said, "Oh, yeah" and smiled. It was too crowded to chat beyond that.

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

I saw a crapload at Anime Expo last weekend. Being that I was staffing 99% of the time, I barely left my area. BUT THE TIMES I DID I SPOTTED WOOT SHIRTS.

I saw not one, but TWO "Say no to Scurvy" shirts. These were on different people and were walking through the concourse of LACC

Aaarrrgyle - On some guy coming up the escalator
Oh Burned!!! - On a girl who responded to my ridiculous "Woot shirt!" point and acknowledge
Strike! - On a guy in the 2nd Karaoke Room
Home Improvement - On a guy in the dealers room
Finding Technicolor - On a guy sitting in the hall outside of the 2nd Karaoke room

When I would point and say "Woot shirt!" the most common response I have had was "Thanks" which is a weird response. None wanted to really talk about it, but I kinda expect that at a place like this.

My friend thought my "Rampage Wear" shirt was pretty cool, then realized it was a Woot Shirt afterwards. The same friend had a friend who recognized my "Turns Out Carmen was in San Diego" shirt. I also got complimented on the carmen shirt at a 7-11, but he just thought it was pretty cool. The Carmen shirt seems to get the most comments, as I've even had some girl at Frys talk to me about it (she wasn't familiar with the games and was kinda asking about it). I also wore Skullngry during the weekend but it got no attention.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich

I saw 2 woot shirts at the City Fest in Downtown Detroit last weekend. First spotting ever.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
JadenKale wrote:YAY! I finally had my first woot shirt sighting!!! At Riverfest, no less I was wearing Animal Hat, walking back from grabbing a drink and this guy and girl and her or his mom, (couldn't figure out which at the moment, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was his) were walking in front of me. He was wearing Cho's Duck Hunt and I stopped him, like the woot freak I am, to take a picture. I only had my cell and I totally flubbed the picture since I was so happy to finally see another wooter XP. I tried to explain nervously that the reason I was being such a freak was because I had designed a couple shirts. They weren't aware of Nessie, but when I said 'Marshmallows' the girl's face lit up and kept saying, "No way!" and waved another female over who asked "O M G are you talking about Woot?" and before I could say it, the first girl told her I was the designer of the Marshmallow shirt. I have a feeling someone's going to buy my shirt soon!! Yeah, that made me all warm and snuggly inside. :D

If you happen to read this, PLEASE POST A PIC!!! Because I was a bumbling fool and canceled my pic

I think I'm going to try and be down there again this weekend :D

***UPDATE*** I found the pic. After sitting down today finding some quiet time, I was fiddling with my cell phone's picture settings for caller ID. I went to set one up for my roommate, and I saw a sideways picture in the mix. Upon further inspection, I found my missing pic!!!!! so here it is for you to see:

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
KittyPryde wrote:I saw a crapload at Anime Expo last weekend. Being that I was staffing 99% of the time, I barely left my area. BUT THE TIMES I DID I SPOTTED WOOT SHIRTS.

I saw not one, but TWO "Say no to Scurvy" shirts. These were on different people and were walking through the concourse of LACC

Aaarrrgyle - On some guy coming up the escalator
Oh Burned!!! - On a girl who responded to my ridiculous "Woot shirt!" point and acknowledge
Strike! - On a guy in the 2nd Karaoke Room
Home Improvement - On a guy in the dealers room
Finding Technicolor - On a guy sitting in the hall outside of the 2nd Karaoke room

When I would point and say "Woot shirt!" the most common response I have had was "Thanks" which is a weird response. None wanted to really talk about it, but I kinda expect that at a place like this.

My friend thought my "Rampage Wear" shirt was pretty cool, then realized it was a Woot Shirt afterwards. The same friend had a friend who recognized my "Turns Out Carmen was in San Diego" shirt. I also got complimented on the carmen shirt at a 7-11, but he just thought it was pretty cool. The Carmen shirt seems to get the most comments, as I've even had some girl at Frys talk to me about it (she wasn't familiar with the games and was kinda asking about it). I also wore Skullngry during the weekend but it got no attention.

Yay for a Marshmallow siting!!!! that's great!

lmarchae

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lmarchae

My bf and a friend of mine have several woot shirts so they don't really count, but my first "in the wild" sighting was when one of the guys that lived down the hall from my bf got the Anatomy Test shirt. Wasn't too into woot at this point so I didn't realize how cool this was. I also spotted Sputnik and Finding Technicolor in June (just found this forum or I would have posted earlier). I freaked out when I saw Sputnik because at that point I was addicted to woot and I was like "that's a shirt.woot shirt!!" (exact words). The guy kinda looked at me like I was crazy (especially since it was like 7:30 in the morning) but we talked about woot shirts for a bit. I've never been called out when wearing one though.

"Lightspeed's too slow. We'll have to go straight to...LUDICROUS SPEED!!!"

Individual items: | w: 11 | sh.w: 37 | so.w: 1 | wi.w: 6 |

Nokarot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nokarot

I saw "I saw something weird" this morning at the Ballston metro station in DC. I said "Hey, woot shirt!" and he smiled, but walked away thinking I was weird. I was wearing Treacherous Waters.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles

I saw "Duct Tape Man" in a Plano, Texas grocery store yesterday. I didn't say anything... mostly because I dislike that shirt.

mishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mishy

I had a dream I had a woot shirt sighting - does that count? llo

g35girl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages g35girl

My first woot.shirt sighting - the Saturday before July 4th weekend. I saw a guy wearing "Global Warming Isn't So Bad" at the Caesar's shopping mall in Las Vegas.

crocofish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crocofish

Not a direct sighting, but I was looking at the Pandora (internet radio) blog, and they had pictures from the new iPhone launch. One of the Pandora employees promoting Pandora on the iPhone is wearing Thrive in this picture.

ansharp

crocofish wrote:Not a direct sighting, but I was looking at the Pandora (internet radio) blog, and they had pictures from the new iPhone launch. One of the Pandora employees promoting Pandora on the iPhone is wearing Thrive in this picture.

Awesome! I love these internet "sightings".

No woot sighting today, but I saw two different people within two blocks of each other wearing Fish Tank, which is a Threadless shirt. It was crazy, especially since it's my 3rd sighting of that shirt.

GreasyBeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GreasyBeast

I wore my 'Oh Burned' to the Revolution March on the 12th, and then my Gettysburg the next day (I've got a pic of me posing in front of the Lincoln memorial, actually :D )

jeezpf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeezpf

Let's see... in Columbia, MO...

I saw someone wearing the Yay Taco shirt at work... and when I pointed to her and said "woot" She didn't get it. Apparently her bf got the shirt for her. Kinda awkward. But on a better note... I was at a nail shop and saw someone wearing Arrrrgyle. When I said "shirt.woot?" they responded with a yeah. Then my friends and I told them how the three of us all had that shirt too.

I've also seen the Summer Derby Lemonade shirt at an Indian restaurant and the black and white Koi Fish shirt ( I can't remember the name) at a local brewery. It's awesome when you can recognize them!

DeathBot1406

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeathBot1406

I saw three woot shirts at a Deerhoof/Fat worm of Erorr show at the Heirloom Arts Theater in Danbury Connecticut this Wednesday. The three shirts were Elephabetq, Fat Unicorn, and Escape of the Puffaluffs. I was way to tired to react in my normal annoying fashion!

FYI I was wearing Avocado Man woot shirt! I love that friggin shirt.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Another sighting - same co-worker who I've spotted in Urban Meltdown was wearing The Legend Was Born today. I'm sporting Koinnibalism for casual Friday, but neither of us have said a word ...

ansharp

I saw someone wearing The Butterfly Effect last night at the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight in Chinatown of DC. I was wearing Enchanted Garden, but I don't think he noticed, and I didn't speak to him because I'm boring.

crocofish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crocofish

At lunch today at Souper Salad in Dallas, I saw someone wearing Irony. It's my first shirt.woot! sighting in the wild.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
ansharp wrote:I saw someone wearing The Butterfly Effect last night at the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight in Chinatown of DC. I was wearing Enchanted Garden, but I don't think he noticed, and I didn't speak to him because I'm boring.

Thanks for sporting the Enchanted Garden shirt. That one feels like it printed so long ago!

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro
endangeredomega wrote:Another sighting - same co-worker who I've spotted in Urban Meltdown was wearing The Legend Was Born today. I'm sporting Koinnibalism for casual Friday, but neither of us have said a word ...

Ah! There must be love in the air!

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

endangeredomega

Highly unlikely, luv. I'm spoken for. :p

As a side-note, Wooters in the NYC area should be advised to look out for a pair of hotties in an array of woot t-shirts during the first week of September. We're planning to paint the town red.

And cranberry ... and olive ... and heather grey ... and navy ... and yellow ...

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

My one and only sighting was many months ago of a guy at the University City, CA McDonald's wearing Say No To Scurvy.

If anyone spots a twenty-something white guy wearing a woot shirt at Comic-Con this week(end), I'd say there's a 1% chance you saw me.

I appear to be melting.

FallenStar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FallenStar

3D Lion was spotted on a guy walking down Boulevard Montparnasse in Paris, France!

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Toadlet wrote:My one and only sighting was many months ago of a guy at the University City, CA McDonald's wearing Say No To Scurvy.

If anyone spots a twenty-something white guy wearing a woot shirt at Comic-Con this week(end), I'd say there's a 1% chance you saw me.

Don't you mean 0.1% chance?

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget

had my first woot shirt sighting today!!!

Well, during band practice today, I looked over and some kid was wearing Chasing Windmills...at first I thought I was just seeing things, but later I went over to him and he was, in fact, wearing a woot shirt. I got pretty excited, but didn't say anything right away (I felt kinda nerdy being so excited over a tshirt)

...However, later i went up to him and said "nice shirt". All he said back was "thanks", and I don't think he noticed that I was also wearing Treacherous Waters, but it was still a really cool experience.

tallmidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallmidget

sry about the double post....

TheKingBoar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheKingBoar

I saw someone wearing Skullngry at a Fred Meyer in Ballard, Washington about a month ago, which was my first woot sighting. Someone spotted me in my "Army in my Pocket" shirt at the Bite of Seattle over the weekend, but by the time I realized they had said something, I was long gone.

Aodhan321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aodhan321

A few days ago while I was at work (as a grocery store cashier), a guy came through my line with a Zombie Garden shirt. There aren't many shirt.wooters in Wisconsin, so this was my first sighting. No one has recognized my shirts, but a lot of people ask where I got my Say No to Scurvy shirt.

hizzeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hizzeh

I keep on secretly wishing to be spotted and a picture taken and put up here. Then I can yell Ovaltina, my goat THATS ME HOLY CRAAP

KittyPryde

Toadlet wrote:My one and only sighting was many months ago of a guy at the University City, CA McDonald's wearing Say No To Scurvy.

I'll keep an eye out. I too shall be wearing teh woot shirts.

klswoot

Hey Kitty- I saw what you did with the hoodie and 'modified' woot shirt. Neat idea!

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal

I saw a guy today wearing Panthera in West Hollywood, CA at the recycling center. He got it in one of the Randoms. Unfortunately, I was NOT wearing one of my Woot shirts, but one I got from Uneetee at the time, but he liked it anyway heeheehee.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

New York City: Last night, walking out of seeing Batman, I saw some guy wearing Iceberg, A Head. Didn't get a chance to say anything to him, though, the crowd was too large, swarming him ahead.

That's the first time I ever saw a total stranger wearing a Woot shirt.

But WE got a lot of looks when all 4 of the women in our family went out to dinner last week, all wearing our matching Butterfly Effect shirts. Lots of people smiled, but, alas, no one asked us where we got them.

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo

At the Greenwood Seafair parade in Seattle one of the Seafair pirates stopped looked at my shirt and said "You shop at Woot!" (I was wearing global warming) He then looked at my boyfriend and said "You do too! " (He was wearing wormhole republic) I've got Arrrgyle at home he said, then wandered back down the parade route.

Usually when i see woot shirts i just say "WOOT! " over and over.

endangeredomega

SydneyB wrote:New York City: Last night, walking out of seeing Batman, I saw some guy wearing Iceberg, A Head. Didn't get a chance to say anything to him, though, the crowd was too large, swarming him ahead.

That's the first time I ever saw a total stranger wearing a Woot shirt.

But WE got a lot of looks when all 4 of the women in our family went out to dinner last week, all wearing our matching Butterfly Effect shirts. Lots of people smiled, but, alas, no one asked us where we got them.

I'm a New Yorker, and I have to say, if I see a whole family in matching outfits, woot or not, I'm rather inclined to make like tonight's turtle and try to blow my bloody head off out of despair for the human race.

So here's to hoping our paths won't cross ...

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman

I think I saw somebody wearing Aaaargyle today. He was driving his scooter and I only caught a glimpse, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

KittyPryde

klswoot wrote:Hey Kitty- I saw what you did with the hoodie and 'modified' woot shirt. Neat idea!

I have 3 of varying sizes and colors of "The television will not be revolutionized" that I plan on either attaching to other hoodies or messenger bags (best option I think). I just wish I were better at sewing.

klswoot

KittyPryde wrote:I have 3 of varying sizes and colors of "The television will not be revolutionized" that I plan on either attaching to other hoodies or messenger bags (best option I think). I just wish I were better at sewing.

Kitty- The messenger bag is another great idea. You can probably find trim that is similar to the bag and then use fabric glue to adhere the trim to the edges of the shirt cutout. That would avoid the need for sewing and make the shirt look more like part of the bag. You might even be able to do something similar with the hoodie by using some sort of flexible trim or ribbon.

mobilebird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mobilebird

YES!! The day after I received my 'At Last We Meet...' one guy in another department where I work was wearing the same shirt. He said he just got it in the mail yesterday too.

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

I'll update this post with any new Comic-Con spottings.

I Wore:

• Wednesday: Tag
  • Thursday: Angry Day
  • Friday: Follow The Leader
  • Saturday: Take It Back
  • Sunday: Quoth The Raven

I Spotted:

• Wednesday:
  • Thursday: Mister Bobo - Masonic Dyna-Monkey, Angry Day ("Nice shirt!"), and Maple Leaf
  • Friday: Say No To Scurvy
  • Saturday: Anatomy Test (while eating dinner at the nearby Horton Plaza mall) and Blue Vectorfunk
  • Sunday:

That's it, it's all over.

I appear to be melting.