Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Not sure if on TV counts, but this morning on The Today Show I saw "The Cake Is A Liar" at a grilled cheese event.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Andy47240 wrote:Not sure if on TV counts, but this morning on The Today Show I saw "The Cake Is A Liar" at a grilled cheese event.

Neat sighting Andy. I think GeekFactor will laugh when she hears that!

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

I was only at comic-con for a few hours on friday but I saw two.

I wore: Blue Vectorfunk
I saw:

The madness of miss stereo and Fat unicorn. Both times the person wearing them were very fast in a different direction, so no acknowledgement was made.

Saturday I'll wear the Carmen Sandiego shirt.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Andy47240 wrote:Not sure if on TV counts, but this morning on The Today Show I saw "The Cake Is A Liar" at a grilled cheese event.

I think TV sightings should count as double!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Wow, very cool! Thanks Andy

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

Today (Saturday) at Comic-con I spotted in order of appearance...
Alpha Battle
Unfriendly Locals
Suburban Blitzkrieg
Swim, Little Nessie!
1988: The Human Genome Project
Say No To Scurvy

The say no to scurvy guy was the only one I even spoke with. Not that I didn't want to, just you tend to not stop people in huge crowds when they are walking the opposite direction.

shan24

Wow I have never seen so many Woot shirts at one time in such a small space! I've only had one sighting before, that was tgentry's Suburban Blitzkrieg at the 4th of July parade in St. Louis. But last night at the Woot party I saw at least 3 of them, I think tgentry should get some kinda prize for having the most-worn shirt! (or if more showed up later, whoever designed the most-worn shirt should get something!) Anyway here is a quick list of the shirts I saw last night. Sadly, no Anatomy Test

Those are the ones I can remember...sorry if I left anyone out! I was wearing Vandalized Turtle and my husband was wearing Treacherous Waters...davebug was wearing Sputnik and Joel was wearing Pencildelic.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
shan24 wrote:Wow I have never seen so many Woot shirts at one time in such a small space!

Hey Shan! It was very nice to meet you. You were one of the few people non woot-staff I recognized on sight. It was a blast, and I hope you had fun too! =D We all stayed until they kicked us out, and the screaming woot monkey was lost. Good times!!

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

shan24

eyeslikesugar wrote:Hey Shan! It was very nice to meet you. You were one of the few people non woot-staff I recognized on sight. It was a blast, and I hope you had fun too! =D We all stayed until they kicked us out, and the screaming woot monkey was lost. Good times!!

It was nice to meet you too! And blahmcblah as well! I recognized you too, from the drawing in your signature. How many people stayed until it was over? And whatever happened with the Analog Derby? We kinda scooted out early, around 10:30 (had to get home to the kids and all) but it was fun.

We should prolly move this mover to the shirt.woot party thread

Awww, sorry about the monkey. Did he go on the roof? over the fence maybe? My husband said he almost landed it on the roof once.

klswoot

Sounds like you and ELS had a good time. Quite a woot sighting for you Shan! Surprised that there's no scurvy or boston party shirt in your list. I would have thought those popular.

shan24

klswoot wrote:Sounds like you and ELS had a good time. Quite a woot sighting for you Shan! Surprised that there's no scurvy or boston party shirt in your list. I would have thought those popular.

Same here but it's possible someone came in wearing one after I left.

centexman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages centexman

This gentleman came into our bakery. Just a customer... hadn't seen him before or since... but he allowed me to take his picture! Forgive my shabby handling of the iPhone for the pic, but you can see what it is.

klswoot

shan24 wrote:Same here but it's possible someone came in wearing one after I left.

And...no Zombie Hunting Season? Would have expected at least one of those!

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
centexman wrote:This gentleman came into our bakery. Just a customer... hadn't seen him before or since... but he allowed me to take his picture! Forgive my shabby handling of the iPhone for the pic, but you can see what it is.

Don't worry, it's a beautiful picture. Where's your bakery at?

rawknmxpx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rawknmxpx

So here's a great story...

I got sighted wearing walking thru the forest at costco by the entire crew working the fancy sausage sample tent... we talked for a few minutes about all things woot... turns out the one guy got the exact same bag as me from random shirt #4... I was stoked to finally meet people who knew about shirt.woot...

what makes the story great is I later saw them in the parking lot packing up to go home when the super cute girl asked if I wanted some sausage... of course I do... She gave me two huge boxes of some pretty freakin' awesome sausage that i had no idea what to do with. I figured it out..

So... if your name is Helen and you work for the more-awesome costco sausage people and happen to reading this, you were super cute and i was being super shy. Please PM me so I can buy you and your coworkers a round or 4 of beers and then stagger drunk to a computer and check woot!

Nokarot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nokarot

My 3rd woot sighting..

Saw elephantbetq (or however you spell it) at the Regal Cinema in the Ballston Commons Mall (Arlington VA) today. I was working in Box Office and started up a short conversation with this guy- my first shirt.woot conversation, as opposed to the normal "hey, cool shirt", "umm thanks" conversations that I usually have.

goldfishinapicklejar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldfishinapicklejar
shan24 wrote:

I <3 whoever wore that one. Even though the green tree one is my absolute favorite favorite favorite.

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

I wonder, has anyone ever heard of any woot sightings where two people are wearing the SAME woot shirt? Now that would be incredible, and a damn good story.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

klswoot

thejakeyl88 wrote:I wonder, has anyone ever heard of any woot sightings where two people are wearing the SAME woot shirt? Now that would be incredible, and a damn good story.

Actually someone did post a story about this. If I recall correctly, he was eating at a restaurant and a guy at another table was also wearing a woot shirt. Both were wearing TG's Suburban Blitzkrieg. He might have even included a picture somewhere in this thread as well.

But, that's the only one that I recall hearing.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

I saw someone wearing my Strike! shirt in a HalfPrice bookstore in Ohio or Pennsylvania or something. That was a pretty awesome experience.

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980

Only saw one Comic-Con sighting. A dude wearing IT in line for Starbucks outside the exhibit floor. I was wearing Spring-a-TRON, so that would have been Saturday.

It was exciting.

I wore Youbetchücan! on Friday for pictures with Jim Butcher and Marti Noxon, and I don't remember what I wore on Sunday. Wish I'd wore a shirt.woot for walking around downtown Monday, I would be less sunburned. (Apparently you can still get sunburned even if it's not hot.)

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
shan24 wrote:It was nice to meet you too! And blahmcblah as well! I recognized you too, from the drawing in your signature. How many people stayed until it was over? And whatever happened with the Analog Derby? We kinda scooted out early, around 10:30 (had to get home to the kids and all) but it was fun.

We should prolly move this mover to the shirt.woot party thread

Awww, sorry about the monkey. Did he go on the roof? over the fence maybe? My husband said he almost landed it on the roof once.

aw shoot, no wonder I couldn't find you after els said you were there. I was having everyone doodle on my analog shirt entry. Best souvenir shirt ever.

linky to my pics. way too many to post. http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/AttilaTheMom/shirt%20woot%20party/

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

Tizight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tizight

Some guy at the gas station recognized my shirt.

johncreillyphile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johncreillyphile

http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/videos.jhtml?videoId=177933

Iceberg, A Head! On The Colbert Report (0:55 seconds in)

eyeslikesugar

johncreillyphile wrote:http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/videos.jhtml?videoId=177933

Iceberg, A Head! On The Colbert Report (0:55 seconds in)

Holy carp! Awesome!

I took the liberty of screen capturing it -- maybe if I actually paid attention to the show when my guy watches it, I would have noticed. =/

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

eyeslikesugar wrote:Holy carp! Awesome!

I took the liberty of screen capping it -- maybe if I actually payed attention to the show when my guy watches it, I would have noticed. =/

Hahahaa... very nice, and bonus points for having your shirt 'exposed' to by a flasher. Well done Soothed! Now we just have to track down that gentleman (the guy in your shirt, not the flasher).

klswoot

Geekfactor and SBR are TV stars...well...at least their shirts are! Congratulations you two!

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

Cool sighting at the geeky blog Geekadelphia -- a doubleshot (Aaarrrgyle and Cassette Taps) from a video shoot for CBS Evening News!

Here's one of the pics, check out the story and video, too. That's Woot user EricSmithRocks there on the right, who I've had a successful trade with (and now I remember how I started checking out that blog in the first place!)

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
rawknmxpx wrote:So here's a great story...

I got sighted wearing walking thru the forest at costco by the entire crew working the fancy sausage sample tent... we talked for a few minutes about all things woot... turns out the one guy got the exact same bag as me from random shirt #4... I was stoked to finally meet people who knew about shirt.woot...

what makes the story great is I later saw them in the parking lot packing up to go home when the super cute girl asked if I wanted some sausage... of course I do... She gave me two huge boxes of some pretty freakin' awesome sausage that i had no idea what to do with. I figured it out..

So... if your name is Helen and you work for the more-awesome costco sausage people and happen to reading this, you were super cute and i was being super shy. Please PM me so I can buy you and your coworkers a round or 4 of beers and then stagger drunk to a computer and check woot!

Craigslist.com Presents a new section: Shirt.Woot's Missed Connections

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet
thejakeyl88 wrote:I wonder, has anyone ever heard of any woot sightings where two people are wearing the SAME woot shirt? Now that would be incredible, and a damn good story.

Toadlet wrote:I'll update this post with any new Comic-Con spottings.
I Wore:
  • Thursday: Angry Day
I Spotted:
  • Thursday: Mister Bobo - Masonic Dyna-Monkey, Angry Day ("Nice shirt!"), and Maple Leaf

Not much of a story, but a true one.

I appear to be melting.

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

This story was on the front page of one of the local newspapers today. Jose Luis Rojano is wearing Touring With The Big G.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080731-9999-1n31taco.html

Click for larger

I appear to be melting.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

I went with my husband to meet up with a couple of his coworkers for a few drinks Friday night. Lo and behold, one of the guys was wearing Freebird. I exposed my shirt.woot geekiness that night, but fortunately that was all I exposed.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Another sighting today. Passed a blonde guy wearing "Yeti and Robot" near the corner of 23rd and 8th in Chelsea this afternoon. I had on "Raaaarr", but neither of us commented.

NicksVideo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NicksVideo

Went to a filming of 'My Family's Got Guts!' yesterday at Universal and saw a member of the crew wearing a "Where Are My Toys" shirt.

Also saw someone wearing the Zombeer shirt at Halloween Horror Nights auditions last month.

haggis335

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haggis335

Yesterday during the Park Ave Fest in Rochester NY I saw Now Let Me Get This Straight. I was looking for my friends and walking in a very crowded section of the street so I didn't get a chance to say anything before they were gone.

I was wearing Ain't No Party Like A Boston Party.

aerisique

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerisique

Second sighting: All is Calm on a teenage boy in my class. I wasn't actually wearing a Woot shirt today though, so I didn't try to make conversation.

cmfrans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmfrans

Other then a few of us at my work, and my friends who have them (we all talk, and we all woot) I did actually see a random stranger walk past me at a recent Dropkick Murphy's show wearing the Suburban Blitzkrieg shirt.

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
Toadlet wrote:Not much of a story, but a true one.

Three in one day has gotta be lucky, I mean we should get someone good at math to figure these odds out ;) I bet you could have won at least 1,000 dollars if this were the lottery and not shirt.woot! sightings!

Only 2 people have had the same shirts on during a sighting, which makes that pretty damn rare as well, which was one of your three. I think you just had your luckiest shirt.woot! day ever.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

eyeslikesugar

thejakeyl88 wrote:Three in one day has gotta be lucky, I mean we should get someone good at math to figure these odds out ;) I bet you could have won at least 1,000 dollars if this were the lottery and not shirt.woot! sightings!

Only 2 people have had the same shirts on during a sighting, which makes that pretty damn rare as well, which was one of your three. I think you just had your luckiest shirt.woot! day ever.

I dunno, it was Comic-Con he saw the three at. I went to Wizard World expecting to see Woot shirts, and sure enough, I saw 6. I don't think three woot spottings at a geeky convention warrants lotto kind of luck, but it's still fun. =)

Now if he/she had spotted three just walking around the streets of his/her town, I'd say yeah... they're a lucky shirt.wooter =D

OmniSilence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OmniSilence

My first sighting happened on Friday evening. I was exiting 520 onto 148th and someone crossed right in front of me towards Fred Meyers! (this is all going down in WA - you think everyone would wear woot shirts judging by how WA loves to woot) He had on Lost In Transition.