Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet
eyeslikesugar wrote:I dunno, it was Comic-Con he saw the three at. I went to Wizard World expecting to see Woot shirts, and sure enough, I saw 6. I don't think three woot spottings at a geeky convention warrants lotto kind of luck, but it's still fun. =)

Now if he/she had spotted three just walking around the streets of his/her town, I'd say yeah... they're a lucky shirt.wooter =D

I find it most interesting that of all the Comic-Con sightings posts, none of us seemed to spot each other or even had the same shirt sightings!

I appear to be melting.

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

You know in my area, its not a matter of shirt sightings, its a matter of finding someone that even KNOWS about shirt.woot. I have found one other person on these forums from NH. But that is it.

I look though. All the time, and so far no sightings. Maybe I need to get out more?

Damn I just pictured a world where people were judged by their number of shirt sightings which inherently meant that person was out in "the" spots, all the time. Being awesome.

:/

shirt.woot!..... Known for its psychologically altering influences on your brain. On or off the computer.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

I forgot to post my sunday Comic-Con sightings, which I think was only 2.

And since it was a few weeks back, I have completely forgotten what I wore on Sunday. I know it was a Woot shirt, I just can't remember which one. Maybe Rampage Wear? Or Skullngry, but I'm pretty sure it was Rampage Wear. I love me some asphalt.

I spotted Tycoon of Ice on a guy walking across the street to the Gaslamp district (I was walking back to the convention center).

The second one is funny and earlier than that one, which was Anatomy Test on a girl. She was looking at something at a booth. I then went somewhere, then ended up walking to the Gaslamp and ended up seeing her a 2nd time (coming from the Gaslamp, passing on the crosswalk). Since it was the same person/shirt, just a different location it just seemed hilarious.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
thejakeyl88 wrote:You know in my area, its not a matter of shirt sightings, its a matter of finding someone that even KNOWS about shirt.woot. I have found one other person on these forums from NH. But that is it.

I look though. All the time, and so far no sightings. Maybe I need to get out more?

Damn I just pictured a world where people were judged by their number of shirt sightings which inherently meant that person was out in "the" spots, all the time. Being awesome.

shirt.woot!..... Known for its psychologically altering influences on your brain. On or off the computer.

I've had almost 10 sightings in the last few months (not counting the woot party weekend). Does that mean I'm awesome? :D

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
ansharp wrote:I've had almost 10 sightings in the last few months (not counting the woot party weekend). Does that mean I'm awesome? :D

It most certainly does! =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
thejakeyl88 wrote:You know in my area, its not a matter of shirt sightings, its a matter of finding someone that even KNOWS about shirt.woot. I have found one other person on these forums from NH. But that is it.

I feel your pain. The only people I know who know about shirt.woot are the ones I told about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

araneola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages araneola

Totally from the Granite State. You'd have to venture close to the Massachusetts state line to catch me or anyone that I've bought shirts for, though. I have yet to catch a woot shirt in the wild, but I'm keeping my eyes open. I'm most certainly going to scare someone by yelling WOOT! at them one of these days ;)

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

I am looking forward to counting the woot shirts at gencon in a week. I have yet to see one "in the wild" as it were.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Hopefully I'll see some at Dragon*Con later this month. I spotted a Threadless shirt there last year before I even knew what Threadless was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

mouser882

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mouser882

I work at a public library (in Columbia,MD, if any of these are you!), and I've had three woot shirt sightings while working at the Circulation desk. Of course, every time I see someone in a woot shirt, it's one of the few days I'm not wearing one of mine!

I saw Monkey Play first on an middle-aged man but was too nervous to say anything, and he checked out with someone else anyway.
I saw a girl walking around and then leaving wearing another shirt that I just don't remember right now .

Last, I saw a guy who was I think in the Linux-users group that uses our meeting room, wearing (iirc) Ain't no party like a boston party. This guy did come up to me and ask a question, and I blurted out that I recognized his shirt from woot and lamented not wearing one myself. So once I was embarrassed fully I answered his question and sheepishly pretended it had never happened since he didn't respond quite as excitedly as I had.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
mouser882 wrote:I work at a public library...

mouser, the librarian. Too funny!

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
araneola wrote:Totally from the Granite State. You'd have to venture close to the Massachusetts state line to catch me or anyone that I've bought shirts for, though. I have yet to catch a woot shirt in the wild, but I'm keeping my eyes open. I'm most certainly going to scare someone by yelling WOOT! at them one of these days ;)

I'm not too far from the mass border, I'm always around the Somersworth, Dover, Portsmouth area. Don't stray from here too often! I knew thats why I wasn't having sightings around here. I swear I'm going to set a day aside to just drive around other places I haven't been in search of woot shirts.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

Nokarot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nokarot

I was spotted at the CVS in the Ballston Commons Mall (Arlington VA) tonight. I was wearing the white woot birthday shirt, and some business-person-guy was having a very loud debate with some person over the phone, and managed to say "nice shirt, woot shirt" as he walked past me. Would have shouted woot if he hadn't been on the phone.

goldnndrkness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness

Saw avocado man on some guy who came into the in n out i worked at today :b

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

goldnndrkness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness

*giggles* again! at my job, someone came in wearing Oh Burned!!!

:b

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
goldnndrkness wrote:*giggles* again! at my job, someone came in wearing Oh Burned!!!

:b

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! Awesome!! That soo rocks!

AttilaTheMom

I wore my awesome new sea wolves to a party, and a girl there said "i saw that one on woot recently". However I got distracted as we were playing a game of sardines and I forgot to ask her if she has woots.

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa

Saw Strike! at the Cardinals game on August 6th, by the ticket booths. Didn't get a chance to shout at him, because we were both in a giant crowd of people.

And then the Cardinals lost to the Dodgers.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Spotted: One Skullngry shirt at the Wilco/Andrew Bird show at Tanglewood.

boredterry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boredterry

I got sighted today in NYC. (Chinatown, Masonic Monkey)

Kodama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kodama

Saw Death Drinks a Mai Tai at the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival where I was on the parking crew. I was talking to boss man though so didn't want to shout out at him

sunflowergirl17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunflowergirl17

Last night I spotted the Home Improvement shirt at the Dave Matthews Band concert in Oklahoma City. As I was gleefully taking the guy's picture (my first woot shirt sighting) the person sitting next to him was giving me an odd look, clearly he does not yet know the awesomeness of shirt.woot.

jkump150

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkump150

As I was passing through Ashland, PA on Monday, I stopped at at local diner since I was starving. This is a place that I may pass through every 10 years. A guy there was wearing 'Tuesday is gonna be rough' and the shirt looked pretty cool.

I told him that I liked his Woot shirt and then the poor guy had to explain to his family what Woot was.

mtn3pitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtn3pitt

Ditto to both of these. I haven't had anyone come up to me about one of my shirts and I practically live off a rotation of Woot shirts (outside of work, stupid business casual dress code). I also haven't come across anyone in my travels wearing a Woot Shirt other than those who I already know.

- mtn3pitt -

xfloormattx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xfloormattx

I was at Cedar Point the first weekend of August, where I came across a mother & father duo both sporting When Life Gives You Lemons (I couldn't see what the baby was wearing, but it was a green shirt as well) and someone noticed me on line for the top thrill dragster wearing Circuit-ilatory System

zachman123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zachman123

Aside from my friends, I actually saw one at Cedar Point in line, but the guy got on the ride before I could say anything. It was the one about toast.

mhpatel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhpatel

saw a guy wearing Lady out of Water while in Westwood here in Los Angeles, CA. Almost wore the same shirt that day too but ended up going with Koinnibalism. Didn't talk to him though, I was on the phone and he was with a friend.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

I was at our local mall (Champaign-Urbana, IL) in Yankee Candle today with a friend, smelling the candles, when a cute girl wearing The Shredder walked in. I promptly turned from my friend, to the girl and said: "Ohmygod! WOOT SHIRT!!" She looked down at her shirt and said, "Yeah, Woot.com" I told her that yeah, I knew and I try to enter the weekly derbies to win, and about how many Woot shirts I had. Keep in mind, I've seen lots of Woot shirts in the wild, but they were at conventions or the shirt.woot party, where I had expected to see them. I told her this information, and she thought that the party sounded like fun; she was probably humoring me as I was most likely scaring her. =) Wished I thought to take a picture!! Dang! Made my day tho =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
eyeslikesugar wrote:I was at our local mall (Champaign-Urbana, IL) in Yankee Candle today with a friend, smelling the candles, when a cute girl wearing The Shredder walked in. I promptly turned from my friend, to the girl and said: "Ohmygod! WOOT SHIRT!!" She looked down at her shirt and said, "Yeah, Woot.com" I told her that yeah, I knew and I try to enter the weekly derbies to win, and about how many Woot shirts I had. Keep in mind, I've seen lots of Woot shirts in the wild, but they were at conventions or the shirt.woot party, where I had expected to see them. I told her this information, and she thought that the party sounded like fun; she was probably humoring me as I was most likely scaring her. =) Wished I thought to take a picture!! Dang! Made my day tho =)

ELS! This one made me laugh. I pictured the girl talking with you in the store...acting interested...and then promptly seeking a security guard as soon as she left the store.

I enjoyed the way you wrote up your encounter!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eyeslikesugar wrote:I was at our local mall (Champaign-Urbana, IL) in Yankee Candle today with a friend, smelling the candles, when a cute girl wearing The Shredder walked in. I promptly turned from my friend, to the girl and said: "Ohmygod! WOOT SHIRT!!" She looked down at her shirt and said, "Yeah, Woot.com" I told her that yeah, I knew and I try to enter the weekly derbies to win, and about how many Woot shirts I had. Keep in mind, I've seen lots of Woot shirts in the wild, but they were at conventions or the shirt.woot party, where I had expected to see them. I told her this information, and she thought that the party sounded like fun; she was probably humoring me as I was most likely scaring her. =) Wished I thought to take a picture!! Dang! Made my day tho =)

FOMA! People who wear skull shirts don't shop at yankee candle

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
AdderXYU wrote:FOMA! People who wear skull shirts don't shop at yankee candle

Not necessarily true. I wear skull shirts, and I also enjoy burning things. It's unlikely I would frequent a candle shop, but not completely outside the realm of possibility.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I got called out by a Starbuck's barrista, when I was wearing rodentia gothic by Cho. I was walking back from the restroom and he yelled, "Hey, that's a WOOT shirt! I love woot".

Pretty funny.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
shan24 wrote:Those are the ones I can remember...sorry if I left anyone out! I was wearing Vandalized Turtle and my husband was wearing Treacherous Waters...davebug was wearing Sputnik and Joel was wearing Pencildelic.

Sniff... no pocket fishman...

I'm surprised nobody was wearing the woot flying monkey shirt (with the silver WOOT on the back). Or was that there but no pic was found?

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
SkekTek wrote:Sniff... no pocket fishman...

I'm surprised nobody was wearing the woot flying monkey shirt (with the silver WOOT on the back). Or was that there but no pic was found?

I was wearing it under my Suburban Blitzkrieg. (You can see the teal around the edges in that picture of me.) Multiple woot shirts FTW!

juliehoch5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliehoch5

I'm a student at University of Florida and I saw Ain't No Party during RA training. Everyone had commented on how funny all of my shirts were all week, but when I saw that shirt I had to tell everyone that the shirt he had is one that I want but isn't sold anymore.

AttilaTheMom

Gencon was pretty much failure for woot shirt sightings. I wore one every day, but only saw one person wearing sniffing glue, and we were going opposite directions on the escalators.

personnemaime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime

I saw Dead Man's Chest while walking down the boardwalk at VA Beach today. It was around 11th street I think. I was going to say something but then I chickened out.

ladyathena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyathena
thejakeyl88 wrote:I'm not too far from the mass border, I'm always around the Somersworth, Dover, Portsmouth area. Don't stray from here too often! I knew thats why I wasn't having sightings around here. I swear I'm going to set a day aside to just drive around other places I haven't been in search of woot shirts.

I'm in Somersworth/Dover/Portsmouth all the time... however, I am still awaiting my first woot shirt... should be getting it soon. And I am wondering if I possibly know you... my BF and one of his roommates buy woot shirts often and theyre also in the same areas as me...

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

I keep traveling through boston. back and forth across boston. still no shirt.woot sightings.

I'm disappointed. I can see them all the time on me or the girls or my husband, but that doesn't quite count.

None spotted at the beach near my house, on the Cape, nor in the grocery stores loved by senior citizens in CT ;) My Nana would've loved one of Cho's Lemons shirts, though, wish I had known before it got reckoned.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

juliehoch5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliehoch5

My second sighting in a week! During check in today a girl was wearing Irony (which is one I own too.) I talked to her for like 10 minutes about how great shirt.woot is and which shirts we both had.