soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
mia3mom wrote:I keep traveling through boston. back and forth across boston. still no shirt.woot sightings.

I'm disappointed. I can see them all the time on me or the girls or my husband, but that doesn't quite count.

None spotted at the beach near my house, on the Cape, nor in the grocery stores loved by senior citizens in CT ;) My Nana would've loved one of Cho's Lemons shirts, though, wish I had known before it got reckoned.

I'm in the Boston area too! No one has ever commented on the woot shirts I've worn but I have seen 'wild' woots : on a college kid on the orange line (I didn't even remember what it was called but I recognized it as a woot shirt) and another on some dude near the apple store downtown (Masonic Monkey).

Maybe we should have a regional woot lovers get together or something. That should bring more of us out of the woodwork!

soothedbyrainfall.net

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
soothedbyrainfall wrote:I'm in the Boston area too! No one has ever commented on the woot shirts I've worn but I have seen 'wild' woots : on a college kid on the orange line (I didn't even remember what it was called but I recognized it as a woot shirt) and another on some dude near the apple store downtown (Masonic Monkey).

Maybe we should have a regional woot lovers get together or something. That should bring more of us out of the woodwork!

I'll be honest, I think I've seen the orange line only slightly more than I've seen woots in the wild (though woots definitely trump the times I've seen the blue)

compassstl

quality posts: 30 Private Messages compassstl

I see 'em in St. Louis all the time... I had a cashier at a Dierberg's go nuts over Perpetual Emotion (... blue with Newton's Cradle on it with different faces on it) so I directed him here... llo

Wish I'd known about the big party here for the shirt.woot birthday

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse

I personally wear woot shirts everywhere I go, just in the off chance someone sees me.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
compassstl wrote:I see 'em in St. Louis all the time... I had a cashier at a Dierberg's go nuts over Perpetual Emotion (... blue with Newton's Cradle on it with different faces on it) so I directed him here... llo

Wish I'd known about the big party here for the shirt.woot birthday

I'm in STL and Ive only ever seen one in the wild, at the 4th of July parade downtown. I saw lots at the shirt party but that doesn't count. Hmmm, maybe it's because I'm mostly out in the St. Charles county area. But I'm always looking!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Yesterday near Dupont Circle in DC, I was about to get on a bus when out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like the colors and line work of T4 on a guy getting off the very same bus. By the time it registered, his back was to me. I kept trying to get a glimpse, but he never turned around, so I just boarded the bus. However, as we passed him, I turned around, and, indeed, he was wearing T4. So I think that's sighting number 10 or something for me. Woohoo!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
soothedbyrainfall wrote:I'm in the Boston area too! No one has ever commented on the woot shirts I've worn but I have seen 'wild' woots : on a college kid on the orange line (I didn't even remember what it was called but I recognized it as a woot shirt) and another on some dude near the apple store downtown (Masonic Monkey).

Ohh another New englander?? Been talking about the east coast woot party for a while now

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
Patchitect wrote:Ohh another New englander?? Been talking about the east coast woot party for a while now

Cool! I'm totally in!

soothedbyrainfall.net

dubdubdub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub
AttilaTheMom wrote:Gencon was pretty much failure for woot shirt sightings. I wore one every day, but only saw one person wearing sniffing glue, and we were going opposite directions on the escalators.

Blah. So I typed up this thing about how at GenCon I saw some woot shirts but the WWW ate it... Here is a quick and sloppy version of what I was going to say...

I saw 2 Suburban Blitzkriegs (not counting the one I wore), 1982: Ah hee hee!, some Worm Hole Republics (or the same guy rockin the same shirt multiple days, which is par for some convention goers), Geek Crest, and a few others that I now can't remember...

I was also going to say that I was suprised I didn't see any convo Man-Boys, BreakfasTopo, or Risky Business. I'd have worn them to GenCon if I owned them... And even though Man-Boy only sold 777 copies, it should be at every convention because it is the perfect geek con shirt. Plus is black which is the color of 50% of the shirts worn to GenCon.

I got a "Nice Shirt" from another wooter while wearing my Suburban Blitzkrieg (which was covered half of the day by my volunteer shirt) and I said something woot related to the wearer of the 1982: Ah hee hee!.

There, that is my second attempt at a belated shirt.woot spottings report from GenCon.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
OmniSilence wrote:My first sighting happened on Friday evening. I was exiting 520 onto 148th and someone crossed right in front of me towards Fred Meyers! (this is all going down in WA - you think everyone would wear woot shirts judging by how WA loves to woot) He had on Lost In Transition.

I bet you could see a lot of Woot shirts hanging out around that area at lunch time...with all those Microsquish folks runnin' out to catch some Pho.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs

Someone recognized my "LocoRoco" woot shirt at the Mets game last night.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
dubdubdub wrote:Blah. So I typed up this thing about how at GenCon I saw some woot shirts but the WWW ate it... Here is a quick and sloppy version of what I was going to say...

I saw 2 Suburban Blitzkriegs (not counting the one I wore), 1982: Ah hee hee!, some Worm Hole Republics (or the same guy rockin the same shirt multiple days, which is par for some convention goers), Geek Crest, and a few others that I now can't remember...

I was also going to say that I was suprised I didn't see any convo Man-Boys, BreakfasTopo, or Risky Business. I'd have worn them to GenCon if I owned them... And even though Man-Boy only sold 777 copies, it should be at every convention because it is the perfect geek con shirt. Plus is black which is the color of 50% of the shirts worn to GenCon.

I got a "Nice Shirt" from another wooter while wearing my Suburban Blitzkrieg (which was covered half of the day by my volunteer shirt) and I said something woot related to the wearer of the 1982: Ah hee hee!.

There, that is my second attempt at a belated shirt.woot spottings report from GenCon.

ManBoy was accidentally dried on high heat and is now more snug than is comfortable. I did wear my alice painting caterpiller, death on a unicorn and risky business though.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
AttilaTheMom wrote:ManBoy was accidentally dried on high heat and is now more snug than is comfortable. I did wear my alice painting caterpiller, death on a unicorn and risky business though.

I got ManBoy in a trade, but its print is very off-center, so it's regulated to a sleep shirt. I always cosplay when I go to conventions anyway, so there isn't much time for me to wear street clothes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

OmniSilence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OmniSilence
ambergreen wrote:I bet you could see a lot of Woot shirts hanging out around that area at lunch time...with all those Microsquish folks runnin' out to catch some Pho.

Funny you should mention that - I spotted another one last Friday, I had on Skullnrgy and I passed by Capture of the ... puffalumps? I forget the name, but recognized it as a shirt.woot. Didn't get the chance to say anything though

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko

I'm a lurker, and I'm in the Boston area as well. I might show up at something local - I like my collection.

I've gotten lots of comments, but nobody (other than at work, where there are a few of us) has recognized them as woot shirts.

notyoupfft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notyoupfft

^,^ I got spotted the second day here at uiuc wearing circuitlatory system!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Saw a guy wearing Spring-ATRON R.E.S.U.B. this morning near the corner of 14th street and 3rd ave here in NYC this morning.

Didn't have a woot shirt on myself today, and as usual, made no comment.

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

I actually finally spotted one "in the wild" today of my own city. Too bad it was still at a nerd gathering place, but it was still surprising to see one

While waiting in line at the Hilton's Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas, I saw a kid (roughly 12-15 years old) wearing "Wormhole republic". I pointed and said "Woot shirt!" and his (father?) said something like "Check out her shirt!" and pointed at the woman next to him and it was one of the Star Trek shirts they used to sell at the store there (since it's closing, all the good stuff is now gone). But yeah! In the wild sighting finally!

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro

perhaps we need a flash mob of woot shirts.

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

chichowduckie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chichowduckie

One fellow shirt.wooter lives next to me in college. =P

woot x 2 [monkey x1]
shirt.woot x 19
sellout.woot x 2

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Not a sighting, but I'll put it up anyway.

I was wearing SkekTek's pocket fisherman today.
The guy behind the counter at Dunkin Donuts suddenly started laughing.
It seems he originally thought I actually had a fish in my pocket!

I think it was the same shirt that the barrister in Starbucks recognized.
She said "Threadless?
I said" No, Woot."
She knew us! I think she was sort of surprised I knew us.

I, however, have not yet seen a shirt in the wild.
I don't count people I know.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

I saw someone wearing Pockets of Spring on the Georgetown University Medical campus today. I pointed at his shirt and said, "Woot shirt", and he said, "What?" So I repeated a little louder, and he said, "Oh, yeah." He obviously didn't notice that I was wearing I Claim This Land for France! (buy it today!), so I didn't bother him any longer.

"Huh? Oh yeah" is the most common response that I've gotten in my several sightings. Someday I will say "Woot shirt", and someone will respond "F-in' A! Yeah it's a woot shirt!"

potteread

quality posts: 0 Private Messages potteread

I saw Iceberg, A Head! on the first day back at UCF (Uni. of Central Florida). I was wearing F5 Refreshes You and a friend was wearing Home Improvement.

Second day back I was wearing Animal Hat and same friend was wearing Circuit-ulatory System when we saw another shirt.woot fan wearing Survival Tracking Guide.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
ansharp wrote:
"Huh? Oh yeah" is the most common response that I've gotten in my several sightings. Someday I will say "Woot shirt", and someone will respond "F-in' A! Yeah it's a woot shirt!"

Ha ha ha ha!! I would love for someone to retort that way, too. =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

AdderXYU

eyeslikesugar wrote:Ha ha ha ha!! I would love for someone to retort that way, too. =D

I think it'll really depend on the shirt... I'd wager someone wearing, say, Now Let Me Get This Straight, would be less apt to be all excited about woot than someone with Sea Chimp. The more unique and creative the design, and likely the older as well, the more chance the wearer checks often and will be proud of its origin... the more popular or simple, the more chance the buyer browsed it without keeping track of the origin site.

KittyPryde

So today I went to PAX and it was like... woot shirt heaven, even starting with GETTING OFF THE PLANE IN SEATTLE I saw people.

In order of remembering:
First, two at the airport
Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom
Ain't no party like boston party
Then just in downtown:
Sweet dreams are made of these...
Then actual in the convention center area:
The Shredder
335 Woolloomoo Way
Angry Day
Sunset 3.0
The Cake is a Liar
Close Encounters of the 2-D kind
2 Zombie Gardens
Wormhole republic (my friend was also wearing his, but this was on a complete stranger).
Energy Harvester
When life gives you lemons...
Chicago Skyline
Mister Bobo, Masonic Dyna-Monkey
Aaaaarrgyle
The New Kid in town
Curious Little Turtle
Druid Leap Year

and I really think i did see an Ooooh Shiney!

AdderXYU

KittyPryde wrote:So today I went to PAX and it was like... woot shirt heaven, even starting with GETTING OFF THE PLANE IN SEATTLE I saw people.

In order of remembering:
First, two at the airport
Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom
Ain't no party like boston party
Then just in downtown:
Sweet dreams are made of these...
Then actual in the convention center area:
The Shredder
335 Woolloomoo Way
Angry Day
Sunset 3.0
The Cake is a Liar
Close Encounters of the 2-D kind
2 Zombie Gardens
Wormhole republic (my friend was also wearing his, but this was on a complete stranger).
Energy Harvester
Chicago Skyline
Mister Bobo, Masonic Dyna-Monkey
Aaaaarrgyle
The New Kid in town
Curious Little Turtle
Druid Leap Year

and I really think i did see an Ooooh Shiney!

You saw someone brave enough to sport Sunset 3.0?

Wow. That IS impressive ;)

KittyPryde

AdderXYU wrote:You saw someone brave enough to sport Sunset 3.0?

Wow. That IS impressive ;)

I had to do a doubletake to realize it was that shirt. Surprisingly, no Scurvy... yet. Saturday is always a big day for any 3 day con. I'll try to keep a tally, but I honestly some didn't get written down and I was reminded when trying to get correct shirt titles (like Chicago Skyline). So the conclusion is gaming fans are the biggest percentage of wooters thus far for all the cons I went to this year.

personnemaime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime

I was doing a program with my campus ministry group last night where we go out on the heavily trafficked party areas on Friday night and give out free food to drunk people and I saw a guy (who actually didn't really seem drunk) wearing Me Too Birds Flee a Pander Tree. I was like "Hey, that's a woot shirt!" and we had a little conversation about woot. It was pretty exciting.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Some PAX sightings for Saturday:

Duck Hunt
Alpha Battle
Yay Taco
Finding Technicolor
Chicago Skyline
Spring Rebirth
What Dreams are Made Of
The Cake is a Liar
Urban Meltdown

Oddly enough I've never seen any woot shirts in the wild until today.

TheKingBoar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheKingBoar

I was one of many sporting Alpha Battle today at PAX. I also saw Strike! one of my favorites, several of JadenKale's (perennial favorites), Energy Harvester, F5 Refreshes You!, Dusty Keys, Mister Bobo, Masonic Dyna-Monkey the turtle with the shell and duct tape shirt (I forget the name), plus more others than I can remember.

KittyPryde

I didn't get to make it here yesterday to post what I saw, so this is Saturday and Sunday PAX sightings.

For Saturday:

Strike!
Swim, little Nessie
Oh Burned!
2 separate Technicolor shirts
Sputnik
Energy Harvester
The Cake is a liar
F5
Say no to Scurvy
Lady out of water

Sunday:
Tuesday is going to be rough
Suburban Blitzkrieg
Gettysburg address
Alpha Battle
The Shredder
Plan B
Fly the furry skies

ETA: Forgot to add I also saw "Why can't I fly, friend?"

Remembering back, I think I saw someone with Stuffed dragon and I didn't realize it was a woot shirt, but now that i'm going through names to make sure these are correctly named I do believe it was spotted.

On Friday I wore the Carmen Sandiego shirt and saturday I wore Rampage wear. One guy said to me he liked my rampage wear because he owned it. The guy with F5 chuckled when I pointed at him and said Woot shirt. And it was weird seeing Oh Burned and The Cake is a Liar in the same general area, as there are very few orange woot shirts.

Cycospaz2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Cycospaz2

I had to document my first Shirt.Woot sighting by sending myself a text message so I could remember every detail. I am sick and have no voice so I couldn't yell "WOOT SHIRT" or anything, and I might regret it for a while.

7:01 PM in New York City.
Corner of 3rd Avenue and 16th Street.
Woman wearing Stop Motion with a cell phone or similar object in her hand.
Was walking with another guy, but they were not talking, so it could have just been someone walking behind her.

Once I got to the next corner I jumped up and down, FINALLY spotting a Woot shirt somewhere else in this world.

LeetRantipole

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LeetRantipole

At my community college, somebody had a Spring-ATRON shirt. I was amazed there was one so close to home! I was even wearing mine that day!

lavinastald

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lavinastald

Over the past three days(just got up for monday) at Dragon*Con I have seen 4 woot shirts. Two people didnt seem to know what I was talking about when I pointed them out. The other two had positive reactions.

Lime in Coconut
Cake is a Liar
Angry Day
Ive heard of the 70s

Last 3:
-2/15/2008 Gemini 300 Watt Twin Outlet Power Inverter (Woot!)
Burgandy Olfactory Center: 4.1.07 $1,000,001 Bag O' Crap | 12.25.07 Xmas Bags of Coal!

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

I wore F5 to the Minnesota state fair yesterday and made it a personal mission to spot someone in a Woot shirt. I got lucky, as I was leaving I spotted a guy wearing Strike!.

I ran up, shouted "shirt.woot!" and went in for the high-five, but I think he didn't hear me because he gave a confused look and a enthusiasm-less high five. Hopefully he didn't get the shirt as a gift or something and thought I was some random high-fiving mental patient.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
lavinastald wrote:Over the past three days(just got up for monday) at Dragon*Con I have seen 4 woot shirts. Two people didnt seem to know what I was talking about when I pointed them out. The other two had positive reactions.

Lime in Coconut
Cake is a Liar
Angry Day
Ive heard of the 70s

I was also at Dragon*Con this weekend. Shirts I saw:

*Friday -
Tin: Old Skool (I tried to say something to the guy, but he ignored me as he walked by. I was excited anyway 'cause it was my first woot shirt in the wild sighting.)
Circuit-ulatory System (I yelled out "Woot shirt!" and a girl with the guy poked him and said, "she recognized your shirt!" and then the 3 of us yelled out "Woot!" together. Pure awesome.)

*Saturday -
Energy Harvester (I actually saw this guy several times, but never at good times to try to talk. I did, however, take a picture of him when he wasn't paying attention. Mwhahaha!)
Oh Burned!!! (When I said "woot shirt!" to the girl, she had a positive reply, but I don't remember what it was.)

*Sunday -
Curious Little Turtle (too far away to talk to)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

KittyPryde

KittyPryde wrote:
One guy said to me he liked my rampage wear because he owned it.

Okay, I forgot to add that I actually saw this guy at a bar, though they were in the vicinity because of PAX. So I'm at the airport to go home and he spots me again. We have a small conversation and he was actually wearing Complex Simplicity. I mentioned I also owned the shirt, because I got it in a Random and he was like "Me too!"

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Cycospaz2 wrote:I had to document my first Shirt.Woot sighting by sending myself a text message so I could remember every detail. I am sick and have no voice so I couldn't yell "WOOT SHIRT" or anything, and I might regret it for a while.

7:01 PM in New York City.
Corner of 3rd Avenue and 16th Street.
Woman wearing Stop Motion with a cell phone or similar object in her hand.
Was walking with another guy, but they were not talking, so it could have just been someone walking behind her.

Once I got to the next corner I jumped up and down, FINALLY spotting a Woot shirt somewhere else in this world.

Woohoo!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

hasdgfas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas

Last night, I was eating a late dinner in one of the cafeterias on campus, glanced up, and saw someone wearing Strike. I did a double-take because I didn't recognize it at first, but I looked again and saw it. I didn't get to say anything because he was putting his tray away and I was too far away.
I was wearing Buffalo Sunset at the time too.