SilverFear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SilverFear

I'll be in Texas this weekend at the Red Sox vs Rangers games wearing my Finding Technocolor, Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom, and hopefully i'll get Game Time in the mail soon enough to bring. Look for me!!!

I'll be on the lookout for other wooters, as i've never had a sighting yet

Woot x3 - Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player (White), Audiovox BU-1 Vehicle Security Back Up Alarm, Pinnacle “Woot” TV PCTV HD Pro Stick
Shirt.Woot x10 - Uh-Oh, Finding Technicolor, Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom, Game Time, Random (3 shirts), Random (3 shirts), Random (3 shirts), Random (3 shirts), To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci, Birth of the Moon
Wine.Woot x1 - Wellington Vineyards Quartet

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
SilverFear wrote:I'll be in Texas this weekend at the Red Sox vs Rangers games wearing my Finding Technocolor, Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom, and hopefully i'll get Game Time in the mail soon enough to bring. Look for me!!!

I have had very few Woot sightings in the DFW area. Good luck to you! Have fun at the game, and check out the new Cowboys stadium. (It's hard to miss!)

Go Boys!!!

2thFairy

SilverFear wrote:I'll be in Texas this weekend at the Red Sox vs Rangers games wearing my Finding Technocolor, Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom, and hopefully i'll get Game Time in the mail soon enough to bring. Look for me!!!

Also, you should pm AGrant311 about meeting somewhere. AGrant311 is trying to organize an informal gathering somewhere in DFW.

*DFW = Dallas/Fort Worth, which also includes Arlington, where the Rangers play.

notyoupfft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages notyoupfft

:D I saw a guy in one of my classes today wearing eHalcyon's Stop Motion. I "woot shirt"ed him after class and we had a nice conversation.

Update: Today I got spotted wearing human genome project and had a nice lunch conversation with my spotter!

SilverFear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SilverFear
2thFairy wrote:Also, you should pm AGrant311 about meeting somewhere. AGrant311 is trying to organize an informal gathering somewhere in DFW.

*DFW = Dallas/Fort Worth, which also includes Arlington, where the Rangers play.

unfortunately the game on sunday is at 3:05 (2:05 local time?)...and i won't have a car =( but other than that, i definitely would! I was sad to miss out on the party in St. Louis!

Woot x3 - Microsoft Zune 30GB Digital Media Player (White), Audiovox BU-1 Vehicle Security Back Up Alarm, Pinnacle “Woot” TV PCTV HD Pro Stick
Shirt.Woot x10 - Uh-Oh, Finding Technicolor, Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom, Game Time, Random (3 shirts), Random (3 shirts), Random (3 shirts), Random (3 shirts), To the Top in the Style of Da Vinci, Birth of the Moon
Wine.Woot x1 - Wellington Vineyards Quartet

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

I saw a guy wearing Koinnabalism yesterday evening in Dupont Circle of DC. I was wearing a Screaming Monkey tee, but he walked right past me without even looking in my direction.

Cellophane, Ms. Cellophane... llo.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

*Might* have seen a guy wearing 'The Early Worm Gets the Bird' today at the 42nd St subway station. Only glimpsed him through the window of the C train, so couldn't be certain if it was this shirt, or the similar-looking threadless one.

Sepolevne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sepolevne

I was in Washington DC at the National Air and Space Museum a couple months back and I saw a guy wearing the Sputnik shirt (which I can't remember the name of). It was funny because I was sitting there with my dad wearing Now Let Me Get This Straight and when he came up and said something about it my dad was very confused. And when I was walking down that street with all the flags in Philadelphia earlier that weekend I saw a girl wearing Fat Unicorn, but I didn't want to look like a wierdo, so I didn't say anything.

I'll be at the Great Lakes Brew Fest in Racine, WI in a couple weekends and I'm planning on either wearing Now Let Me Get This Straight or Zombeer. I can't decide. I've worn Now Let Me Get This Straight to several beer fests and everytime I get a ton of compliments. So whoever made the shirt, your shirt is very popular with drunks.

lmarchae

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lmarchae

I've seen about 3 people in the last few days wearing woot shirts (it's amazing how many more people are on campus during the year than during the summer) and my bf was finally spotted for the first time (I still haven't been though):
-He was spotted in a restaurant near campus wearing F5 Refreshes You-guy wasn't wearing a woot shirt, but at least he can claim he's seen someone and my bf has now been spotted.
-First guy was wearing Uranium: 92 Protons of Boom-we walked by him but I didn't acknowledge the woot-awesomeness
-Second guy was wearing I Am Taller Than Most Things-I said "woot!" as he walked by, but he didn't notice. He wasn't a very tall guy and I'm kinda regretting not getting the shirt because I'm kinda vertically challenged (so it would be funny to see it on me). The shirt looks really good in the wild.
-Third guy was wearing FInding Technicolor, which is the second time I've seen it in the wild. I think it might have been the same guy from a few months ago, but I'm not sure.

A couple of friends and I are planning on wearing our F5 Refreshes You shirts on Tuesday (Due to a PO Box fiasco, I received my shirt a week ago but I have no key to the box until today-it's been driving me nuts because it's my first new woot shirt in 2 1/2 months ). This would include 2 of us in 3 classes together (should be fun!).

"Lightspeed's too slow. We'll have to go straight to...LUDICROUS SPEED!!!"

Individual items: | w: 11 | sh.w: 37 | so.w: 1 | wi.w: 6 |

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

Okay, this is my first legitimate IN THE WILD sighting. Like, all others have been at conventions of some kind (or the Star Trek Experience). Today I was in Target and there was a guy at checkout wearing Shell Competition. I was wearing Vandalized Turtle, but I was kinda just passing through so I didn't say anything. He may have noticed I was also wearing a Woot shirt as I looked twice, but no verbal acknowledgement was made.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

Our family's first spotting! Or, being spotted...

Despite days spent going back and forth across Boston, traveling around New England, months at the beach, and hours spent in the local maulls, my daughters and I have never seen a shirt.woot in the wild.

My husband wore his Owl shirt to work for Casual Friday and instantly was spotted by a co-worker, who apparently is a big shirt.woot fan. Sadly the coworker wasn't wearing a shirt.woot shirt. maybe next Friday!

Still awaiting my own chance... (and I wear/have a lot more shirt.woots than he does)

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman

I saw my first confirmed sightings today. I was out at the Boise farmer's market registering voters and saw Oooo Shiney!. Then a few minutes later, I saw Fat Unicorn. I yelled out "Hey, Woot Shirt!" to both wearers. Both kindly acknowledged my yelling at them and then walked away from me. Seeing woot shirts in the wild made my day. And that's a little sad.

2thFairy

I saw someone wearing Fat Unicorn last night at a grocery store in Coppell, TX.

My husband just shook his head at me when I got excited about seeing a Woot shirt.. I suppose it is kind of weird that we get such a thrill out of it!

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
theghotiman wrote:I saw my first confirmed sightings today. I was out at the Boise farmer's market registering voters and saw Oooo Shiney!. Then a few minutes later, I saw Fat Unicorn. I yelled out "Hey, Woot Shirt!" to both wearers. Both kindly acknowledged my yelling at them and then walked away from me. Seeing woot shirts in the wild made my day. And that's a little sad.

It's never sad... at least I keep telling myself that.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo

Saw one yesterday at a local church . It was Strike! I was disappointed not to be wearing one, but I excitedly said to the guy "Thats a woot shirt!" He said "Yes, yes it is"

At least i'm not just yelling WOOT! at people anymore.

ThatOneRedhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThatOneRedhead

My fiance got sighted at a St. Louis mall wearing Voices In My Head. The guy started pointing and saying 'Woot shirt! Woot Shirt!' from about ten feet away. It was pretty cool.

(I was wearing one of the dailies, but didn't get any recognition. Oh well.)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Sighted- a student in my colleague's lab came in sporting a random shirt purchase: I claim this land for France. Looked much better than I thought! Applause to geekfactor!!! Too bad I didn't actually get a picture- I was cameraless.

schof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schof

The first day of graduate school, I saw "The Cake Is a Liar". Two days later, I was spotted wearing "It's Going Out Faster Than It Is Coming In"

gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07

woooot had my first shirt sighting today!!! The shirt was stop motion, and someone was wearing it in my CIS class. I was pretty excited but I didn't say anything since I wasn't wearing one, maybe next time

zach99998

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zach99998

In July, I flew to Louisiana for my brother's birthday, and to my extreme surprise, one of his friends was wearing the same shirt I was wearing that day...FINDING TECHNICOLOR. It was amazing, I couldn't get over it.

Also spotted a woot shirt on a guy working in Midtown Atlanta.

ansharp

Two more to add to the list:
Last Friday I saw a guy wearing Zombie Season in Logan Circle of DC. I was on a bus, and he was on the street, so I, of course, couldn't say anything.

Yesterday, while on the Georgetown University shuttle, I found myself face-to-face with a guy wearing Independence = Independents. I was wearing Rood en Wit, and he looked right at it and didn't say anything, so I followed suit and kept my mouth shut.

Nuggit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nuggit

I work dishroom at a summer camp. Yeah, summer season's ended now, but at the very last camp, I saw one of the counselors wearing a "Now let me get this straight" shirt.

This was my very first sighting (other than wooter friends) so I got pretty excited... As he walked by my mouth went :0 and I pointed at the lime and coconut on his shirt and yelled Woot! He looked at me and it took him a second to register, but then he grinned and I offered a high five and he jogged back and gave me a good slap.

I felt like a geek.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Spotted a guy wearing Unfriendly Locals this morning at 34th and 8th (NYC.) I had on Owl, but didn't say anything as I had somewhere else to be.

ansharp

I saw a guy wearing Love of Money today in Chinatown of DC. Didn't say anything as I was wearing Edgar's teefury shirt and was also distracted by a bus jam.

deaddude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deaddude

Mister Bobo, Masonic Dyna-Monkey spotted at the Southern Comfort Music Experience in Albany, NY today.

fepres22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fepres22

saw a guy wearing a say no to scurvy yesterday at my college's dc. gotta say tho, the shirt looks cuter on us girls :P

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
Nuggit wrote:I work dishroom at a summer camp. Yeah, summer season's ended now, but at the very last camp, I saw one of the counselors wearing a "Now let me get this straight" shirt.

This was my very first sighting (other than wooter friends) so I got pretty excited... As he walked by my mouth went :0 and I pointed at the lime and coconut on his shirt and yelled Woot! He looked at me and it took him a second to register, but then he grinned and I offered a high five and he jogged back and gave me a good slap.

I felt like a geek.

Nice story and I approve this message!

drVox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drVox

I was just at the Holyoke Mall yesterday, and I saw this guy wearing F5 Refreshes You...I had never seen a woot shirt irl before, so I had to keep myself from saying hi :D

JoeDeeDee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeDeeDee

I had my very first woot shirt sighting today (finally!) I was walking my kids to school and thought I saw a dad dropping his daughter off wearing F5 Refreshes You. So I waited a bit until he got closer, then said "I thought that was a woot shirt!" He said that most people don't get it. After pointing out that I was also wearing a woot shirt (Anatomy Test), I mentioned that this was my first shirt sighting "in the wild". He seemed surprised.

Not very exciting, but I was happy to have finally seen one!

personnemaime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime

I've been seeing woot shirts like crazy lately! I was riding with someone around campus and I saw a girl walk by wearing Yubetchucan last Wednesday. Then on Saturday I went to UVA with a friend and I saw a guy wearing Sputnik. I didn't say anything to either of them though.
Then, the most exciting one, I THINK (not totally sure) I saw noisdois himself wearing Jimmy, is That You? back on campus on Saturday afternoon. My friend and I were walking back from dinner and I saw someone wearing it and I was like "nice woot shirt!" The guy was like "thanks!" then the I think the girl with him said "he made it!" which I interpreted to mean that he designed it and therefore that he was noisdois. Noisdois, if that was you, nice meeting you!

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro
personnemaime wrote:I've been seeing woot shirts like crazy lately! I was riding with someone around campus and I saw a girl walk by wearing Yubetchucan last Wednesday. Then on Saturday I went to UVA with a friend and I saw a guy wearing Sputnik. I didn't say anything to either of them though.
Then, the most exciting one, I THINK (not totally sure) I saw noisdois himself wearing Jimmy, is That You? back on campus on Saturday afternoon. My friend and I were walking back from dinner and I saw someone wearing it and I was like "nice woot shirt!" The guy was like "thanks!" then the I think the girl with him said "he made it!" which I interpreted to mean that he designed it and therefore that he was noisdois. Noisdois, if that was you, nice meeting you!

That's an awesome spotting if it was him!
I wish I would see just one except for my husband. I see those all the time.

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

fepres22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fepres22

saw more today! i saw an I claim this land for france wearer and then later on i spotted a 1986: the legend is born. i was sporting one of my new woot shirts as well, irony: the opposite of wrinkly :D

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

I am pretty sure I saw Sun Decay over on Tanga.

Gotta love those geeky hats. Wonder if woot proper will ever have those puppies!

2thFairy

auggie24 wrote:I am pretty sure I saw Sun Decay over on Tanga.

Gotta love those geeky hats. Wonder if woot proper will ever have those puppies!

that's frightening

araneola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages araneola

Ah, my first woot sighting in the wild!

I was at my first SPOC meeting, wearing Against the Sky, and a girl says "Nice Shirt". I look up and she's wearing Circuit-ulatory System. So of course I get really excited and yell WOOT SHIRT to the entire room. It was quite the experience

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
auggie24 wrote:I am pretty sure I saw Sun Decay over on Tanga.

I must applaud your recognition of a shirt with only 10% of the design showing!

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
MHBoston wrote:I must applaud your recognition of a shirt with only 10% of the design showing!

Not too hard, pretty distinctive design. Sun Decay was a shirt I stayed away from, only to get in a random batch. It is my second favorite random besides Bats!, of which I hated on the day it was released...

KidCam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KidCam

saw some kid in my high school wearing home improvement
i was wearing energy harvester at the time
woulda said hi, but i was in a rush =/

dcors

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcors
theghotiman wrote:I saw my first confirmed sightings today. I was out at the Boise farmer's market registering voters and saw Oooo Shiney!. Then a few minutes later, I saw Fat Unicorn. I yelled out "Hey, Woot Shirt!" to both wearers. Both kindly acknowledged my yelling at them and then walked away from me. Seeing woot shirts in the wild made my day. And that's a little sad.

That was me wearing the fat unicorn I was so happy that someone recognized it, but my husband was not so thrilled, he says that I need to join a support group since I keep so many of them. Although he wears his curious turtle all the time llo - thanks for the smile that day

JonSnow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JonSnow

I was in portland the other day and I saw a guy wearing the robot catching the butterfly one.