drVox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drVox

hello out there to the guy at the Big E in the parade who was wearing Angry Day!

if you're reading this, I was the girl wearing Game Time who yelled "WOOT SHIRT!" at you. :D

MostBestestBuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy

I've only had 1 sighting, and that was when I was in Ithaca, NY (Mr.Toast). I complimented the guy on his shirt even though I have a strict no talking to strangers policy
I am in WA now and I guess I don't get out enough cause no sightings. I have to report a suspected inverse sighting though, I took my lil' bro to UW and a girl saw me and seriously smiled, my bro asked me if I knew her, I didn't. I suspect she knew my shirt (Angry Day)

winnie71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winnie71
drVox wrote:hello out there to the guy at the Big E in the parade who was wearing Angry Day!

if you're reading this, I was the girl wearing Game Time who yelled "WOOT SHIRT!" at you. :D

I was just about to put on my Angry Day for the Bloomsburg Fair. Was planning to go to the Big E this week, too-will have to pick a different woot shirt for there, since Angry Day has already been spotted

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

I saw Strike! the other day on the VCU campus. The guy was carrying his bike inside so I didn't say anything.

fepres22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fepres22

yay Western Mass wooters! :D

theghotiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theghotiman
dcors wrote:That was me wearing the fat unicorn I was so happy that someone recognized it, but my husband was not so thrilled, he says that I need to join a support group since I keep so many of them. Although he wears his curious turtle all the time llo - thanks for the smile that day

Now this is cool. I am glad that yelling "woot shirt" to strangers doesn't make them angry, but instead makes them smile. Now that I have confirmation that people like it, I'm going to keep doing it.

By the way, support groups are for those who want to change their lifestyle. Woot shirts aren't nearly bad enough to start one of those.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

I think I saw M.C. Escher: Space Planner for Hire at Urbana, IL a few minutes ago! We drove by him and I screamed "Woot shirt!" So we went around again to make sure it was the shirt, but still couldn't tell. As we were only a block away from home, we parked, and went out to greet the guy and make sure. He was gone, I think he hid.

Oh Well! :D It was still neat for me.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
eyeslikesugar wrote:I think I saw M.C. Escher: Space Planner for Hire at Urbana, IL a few minutes ago! We drove by him and I screamed "Woot shirt!" So we went around again to make sure it was the shirt, but still couldn't tell. As we were only a block away from home, we parked, and went out to greet the guy and make sure. He was gone, I think he hid.

Oh Well! :D It was still neat for me.

I believe that kind of behavior is also called stalking

....but I do admire your commitment to confirming the sighting!

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
MHBoston wrote:I believe that kind of behavior is also called stalking

....but I do admire your commitment to confirming the sighting!

l ol I enjoy seeing Woot shirts in the wild

But it was predicted earlier today that I'd receive the first Woot-related restraining order l ol.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
eyeslikesugar wrote:l ol I enjoy seeing Woot shirts in the wild

But it was predicted earlier today that I'd receive the first Woot-related restraining order l ol.

Haa! You know what they say when everyone around you starts telling you you have a problem...
but I find myself looking at people's T's allllll the time now. Someone's gonna tell me to stop staring at them at any time now.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 28 | k.w ~ 1 |

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
MHBoston wrote:Haa! You know what they say when everyone around you starts telling you you have a problem...
but I find myself looking at people's T's allllll the time now. Someone's gonna tell me to stop staring at them at any time now.

This is a conversation that happened in Chinatown today:

Boyfriend: Did you see that girl?!
Me: No, I was looking at the guy's shirt.
Boyfriend: You and shirts, man. You're missing the forest for the trees.

If I had been on my A game, I would have responded "Don't you mean the tees?" Alas, llo.

dave5104

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dave5104

I just started as a freshman at Stanford, and I've already seen one guy with two woot shirts.

Complex Simplicity: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=4895
Circuit-ulatory System: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=6032

If you're that person... *waves* :P I haven't said anything yet, but perhaps you saw me wearing Ain't No Party Like a Boston Party and F5 Refreshes You.

Zeusandhera

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Zeusandhera
Sepolevne wrote:I've worn Now Let Me Get This Straight to several beer fests and everytime I get a ton of compliments. So whoever made the shirt, your shirt is very popular with drunks.

For better or worse, this is true. I hear that a lot actually. Thanks for advertising it in some good markets though!

theghotiman

Second confirmed sighting!! I saw Autumn Breeze yesterday at the BSU Rec Center. I would have said something, but I was upstairs finishing my workout and didn't want to bother you.

ripforeverjoey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ripforeverjoey

While wearing my No Pun Intended shirt, I spotted a girl wearing Finding Technicolor on the third floor of the Education building at the University of New Orleans. We had a very brief conversation about how many shirt.woots we each had, I believe she had more. If you are out there, kudos on the out wooting me. Oh yeah, and Hi, my name is Stephen, we did not properly introduce ourselves as I had a class I was already kind of late for.

lynlynlora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynlynlora

walking out of a tiny used bookstore I saw a guy wearing "Road Closed". Very exiting, I told him I loved his shirt, and I had a whole collection of my own. His responses was "Woot!" I would have been wearing my new When Life Gives You Lemons shirt, but it was the day of the Boise State-Oregon Game, so I was wearing my team colors. Lemons, unfortunately, is Oregon's colors, so wearing it that day was out of the question.

Jimmy... Is That You?, F5 Refreshes You!, At Last We Meet..., When Life Gives You Lemons, What Kitty?, 1986: The Legend Was Born, New Kid In Town, Fat Unicorn, The Cake is a Liar, Plan B, Eight Fists of Death, Rampage Wear, Easy Optimism, Tuesday's Gonna Be Rough, The Epic Begins, One more gargleblaster!, The Original Blue Hedgehog, Sun Wukong, The Monkey King, Navy Seals, Running Wild, I'm Sorry, Winning the Race, Read a Book, How We Roll

...and very proud of it.

Kodama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kodama

Saw two today, on the set of the movie Taking Woodstock. Doctor Wow was on a set guy, and Global Warming Isn't So Bad was on a fellow extra. But I am shy and I didn't say anything. Perhaps next time I'll make a move.

theghotiman

lynlynlora wrote:walking out of a tiny used bookstore I saw a guy wearing "Road Closed". Very exiting, I told him I loved his shirt, and I had a whole collection of my own. His responses was "Woot!" I would have been wearing my new When Life Gives You Lemons shirt, but it was the day of the Boise State-Oregon Game, so I was wearing my team colors. Lemons, unfortunately, is Oregon's colors, so wearing it that day was out of the question.

YAY Go Broncos! I'm at BSU, but I've only seen one woot shirt on campus.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Had a few sightings at Anime Weekend Atlanta over the weekend.

Friday:

1. Счастливый Пятидесятый День рождения! on a guy running a panel I went to

(sorry it's so hard to see)

2. M.C. Escher: Space Planner for Hire on a guy in the elevator

Saturday (didn't get pics of these, I saw them on people walking by):

1. Curious Little Turtle
2. Oh Burned!!!
3. The Cake is a Liar (actually saw this twice, on two different people)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

InitialSam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InitialSam

we were on a trip to portland...At soe crazy warehouse bicycle party. Saw a dude with the Green Horse eating the rainbow shirt. I belted out "woot shirt!" in a drunken stuper. This guy then proceeded to be teh creepiest person i ever met...thought he was going to steal my organs.

approach woot shirtees with caution.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
InitialSam wrote:we were on a trip to portland...At soe crazy warehouse bicycle party. Saw a dude with the Green Horse eating the rainbow shirt. I belted out "woot shirt!" in a drunken stuper. This guy then proceeded to be teh creepiest person i ever met...thought he was going to steal my organs.

approach woot shirtees with caution.

This was one of the funniest posts in quite awhile! Wonder if the 'organ-stealing creep' reads the forum pages.

hasdgfas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas

I was in my Computer Science class at MSU today and as we were leaving, I saw someone wearing, I think it was Friendly Forest. Didn't get a chance to say anything though, because by the time I saw it, I had already grabbed the exam practice problems and left.

lynlynlora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynlynlora
theghotiman wrote:YAY Go Broncos! I'm at BSU, but I've only seen one woot shirt on campus.

awesome! My brother in law goes there... well, actually, he's staff now, he just got his masters. he works in the physics department. But it probably wasn't him you saw, he just got his first woot shirts with the last batch of randoms. I'm not going to school at the moment, so it's also unlikely that it was me. ah well. Go Broncos!

Jimmy... Is That You?, F5 Refreshes You!, At Last We Meet..., When Life Gives You Lemons, What Kitty?, 1986: The Legend Was Born, New Kid In Town, Fat Unicorn, The Cake is a Liar, Plan B, Eight Fists of Death, Rampage Wear, Easy Optimism, Tuesday's Gonna Be Rough, The Epic Begins, One more gargleblaster!, The Original Blue Hedgehog, Sun Wukong, The Monkey King, Navy Seals, Running Wild, I'm Sorry, Winning the Race, Read a Book, How We Roll

...and very proud of it.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Today, Saturday, September 26, at the Sweet Tomato in Addison, Texas, saw a guy wearing The Television Will Not Be Revolutionized. I was wearing Swim, Little Nessie. Actually talked to him. He said he didn't really read the forums and stuff, so I told him about our DFW Shirt.Woot gathering on October 26. His wife (girlfriend?) said she had the grilled cheese sandwhich shirt and she would wear that.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
AGrant311 wrote:Today, Saturday, September 26, at the Sweet Tomato in Addison, Texas, saw a guy wearing The Television Will Not Be Revolutionized. I was wearing Swim, Little Nessie. Actually talked to him. He said he didn't really read the forums and stuff, so I told him about our DFW Shirt.Woot gathering on October 26. His wife (girlfriend?) said she had the grilled cheese sandwhich shirt and she would wear that.

Is the Sweet Tomato as good as it is supposed to be?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

I still have yet to see my first 'woot shirt in the wild" but I am trying! Tomorrow's a big art festival around here.. I'll keep my eyes out for a woot shirt.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
2thFairy wrote:Is the Sweet Tomato as good as it is supposed to be?

if it's like the Sweet Tomato in Oregon, it's great if you have a salad craving. Get a giant salad piled high with tasty salad goodies. Their pasta is a waste of stomach space. Their soups are hit and miss. The blueberry muffins are killlller.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
fablefire wrote:if it's like the Sweet Tomato in Oregon, it's great if you have a salad craving. Get a giant salad piled high with tasty salad goodies. Their pasta is a waste of stomach space. Their soups are hit and miss. The blueberry muffins are killlller.

Cool.. They are building one close to me, so I will keep all of this in mind if/when I go.

rosebudflowerpower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosebudflowerpower

on friday i saw a guy wearing f5 refreshes you at the u of mn-twin cities. i was wearing hungry bento. i didn't say anything tho. i've seen alot of other shirts around campus too, i just can't remember them all.

butonbandit11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butonbandit11

I've had two sightings recently. At work the other night a customer wearing "New Kid in Town" buying a gallon of paint" I was at the self checkout and said "Hey, I like your shirt" Hope your project comes out well.

And then again at the Michigan Renaissance Festival yesterday a woman walked by wearing "Oh, Burned!" I was wearing "Fall" which didn't print as beautifully as the original design but is still worth having. I'll have to post pictures if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny

Woo Hoo! I had my first Woot shirt sighting in the wild today! YEAH! I was pretty bummed last week when I spotted a Threadless shirt on someone but had yet to see a Woot shirt. Today a guy in my Calc class walked in with (W)right Angle on! I even said something when he came and sat behind me...probably would not have if he hadn't sat so close. We chatted for a minute and I should be seeing more Woot shirts on him since he said he had around ten. I had on Stuffed Dragon (recently got through a trade).

I hope at some point a person will spot me. I wear t-shirts five days a week at least (student and the government doesn't make me dress up for my job with them) and since I didn't have t-shirts before joining Woot all my t-shirts pretty much are Woot shirts.

aisidoro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aisidoro

i saw a kid in the Providence College cafeteria wearing (W)right Angle. Second woot sighting on campus in 2 years.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Yes! Finally!
While checking out of the hotel/house on Martha's Vineyard, MA this morning, I saw a guy wearing Rocky Raccoon, aka Midnight Rider by our talented Mr Cho!

Being a hardcore Wooter, I actually did point and yell out WOOT SHIRT!!!!
The entire family stopped and looked at me and I once again yelled WOOT SHIRT!
Luckily for me, the guy was a wooter and so were his kids!
I had on a woot shirt too, Cool Breeze.
We took a picture and talked about the frustration of having a derby favorite not make it and the joy of having a derby favorite get a second chance.

It almost made up for 5 days of rain on a 7 day vacation. Almost.
Heck, it made up for at least two days of rain!

I also receive positive comments on Cool Breeze and Zombie Garden from random strangers this week.

MV woot guy, if you see this and want the picture, just PM me and tell me where we were, and I'll send it to you!
(In case you don't post, PM is the send message under my screen name, you find the answer by checking the Private Message under the shirt.woot! on the top of the page.)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

I did better I than I'd hoped at the local Oktoberfest last saturday.

First I spotted a guy in The Early Worm Gets The Bird. After I had confirmed the woot shirt with him I was able to employ my contingency plan- I was wearing F5 Refreshes You as an undershirt. Pulling my polo up in front of a stranger is creepy in retrospect but he seemed to approve of my shirt selection. :P

Later I was surprised to see a guy wearing Friends Are Forever under a sweatshirt- you could see just enough for a wooter to identify it but I opted not to bug him.

lmarchae

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lmarchae

-I saw Hungry Bento on a guy a few weeks back-it looked really neat!
-The funniest spot that I've been a part of was last Thursday. We were explaining what woot was (and subsequently shirt.woot) when a guy walked by wearing Circuit-ulatory System. My bf pointed as he passed by and said "and that's where that guy got his shirt". The guy stopped, turned around, and said "Yep, woot". It was a really nice coincidence.
-My bf and a friend were spotted at the Cold Stone near campus by one of the employees there on Monday. I wasn't wearing a woot shirt unfortunately so I have still yet to be spotted.

"Lightspeed's too slow. We'll have to go straight to...LUDICROUS SPEED!!!"

Individual items: | w: 11 | sh.w: 37 | so.w: 1 | wi.w: 6 |

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating

I saw someone wearing The Cake is a Liar on campus today.

sariavo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sariavo

Saw 'Now Let me Get This Straight' at Murphy's Pub in Champaign on Friday night.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420

Went to lunch at Sweet Melissa's in Laramie, Wyo last week and besides my own Woot shirt (Wormhole Republic) there were two other folks in the restaurant wearing Woot shirts (Angry Day & The Cake is a Liar). Three days later I'm in the Student Union of the University of Wyoming and I see Angry Day (on a different guy) and When Life Gives You Lemons. In Laramie in the last few months I've also seen Who Says Global Warming is Bad, Plan B and Irony. Little Laramie seems to be a Woot mecca of sorts.

Carpe shirtem!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

I saw a guy skateboarding with a bag of groceries and wearing Madness of Miss Stereo in DC. I was in a car, so I didn't say anything, but I give him mad props for skateboarding with groceries.

schof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schof

Two more woot sightings on KSU campus. One wearing Tin Man I said "woot!", he laughed. The second wearing Strike! who ignored my "woot!" or didn't hear me. :/