thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
jamahu wrote:I went to a Caedmon's Call concert last Friday and their guitarist was wearing I'm Gonna Let It Shine. I couldn't get a good picture with my camera, but I found an ok one on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/octolilly/2308604078/

Awesome! Is Andrew Osenga part of Caedmon's now?

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

KenSPT wrote:Not to be a big pr!ck, but that shirt still looks like nothing but a red box ...

Whoa guy, let it go already.

jamahu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jamahu
thatrobert wrote:Awesome! Is Andrew Osenga part of Caedmon's now?

Yeah, I figured I wouldn't do too much name-dropping in my post, but that is Andrew Osenga, and he is part of Caedmon's now.

Nightmry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nightmry

I was the Sighting!! I was at the gym today (wearing Appathetic in the Face of Certain Annihilation) and this woman (who I had never seen before) came up to me and asked me if it was a Woot shirt. We bonded over our addiction to Woot and I even got to tell her how to order sold-out shirts (Swim, Little Nessie). It was too cool.

Amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Amach06
Nightmry wrote:I was the Sighting!! I was at the gym today (wearing Appathetic in the Face of Certain Annihilation) and this woman (who I had never seen before) came up to me and asked me if it was a Woot shirt. We bonded over our addiction to Woot and I even got to tell her how to order sold-out shirts (Swim, Little Nessie). It was too cool.

that wuz teh funneh, thats awsome. I think i am at the point where all of my t-shirts are woot shirts. Its bad. I am waiting for someone to see me, or me to see someone. One of these days....

Well there is always next year....

fablefire

quality posts: 18 Private Messages fablefire
klswoot wrote:Yes. But now it's a recognizable 'red box'. Soothed...pretty cool that it's been seen in public by another wooter. I do wish the 3D effect was more pronounced, but the candle turned out great! I wore mine the other day.

I saw your koi shirt today! Sighting at Portland Community College, Sylvania campus. I was all like "hey, is that a woot shirt?" and she was all like "yes it is!" and we were all like "woah" and then I was all like "I'm wearing my Scurvy today" and she was all like "aww I like that one" and I'm all like "thanks, me too" and then she was like "what's your favorite shirt in the derby this week?" and I was like "mine" and she said "oh you design? which one" and I was like "yeah, the devil went down to georgia one" and then she said "I don't remember that one" and I was like " T-T (on the inside)" and she was like "I like the one with two fish in a bowl" and we said some stuff...

The koi printed beautifully. =D

smooth906

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smooth906

Hey, you're from Portland? My wife teaches at Sylvania sometimes (she is an ESL intructor, but right now all her classes are at Rock Creek) and she likes my 'Say No to Scurvy' shirt. :D I always like your stuff.

Sad to say I haven't seen any Woot shirts 'in the wild' other than a friend who I know also shops at Woot... maybe when it gets a bit warmer, though!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
fablefire wrote:I saw your koi shirt today! Sighting at Portland Community College, Sylvania campus. I was all like "hey, is that a woot shirt?" and she was all like "yes it is!" and we were all like "woah" and then I was all like "I'm wearing my Scurvy today" and she was all like "aww I like that one" and I'm all like "thanks, me too" and then she was like "what's your favorite shirt in the derby this week?" and I was like "mine" and she said "oh you design? which one" and I was like "yeah, the devil went down to georgia one" and then she said "I don't remember that one" and I was like " T-T (on the inside)" and she was like "I like the one with two fish in a bowl" and we said some stuff...

The koi printed beautifully. =D

Fable! This was the greatest post. Wouldn't have had nearly the impact if you hadn't included the quotes and the back and forth banter. I actually felt like the 'fly on the wall'. That's so fun!! I can't wait until I see someone in a woot shirt...especially one of mine. So cool....thanks for posting the sighting!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Stereo From Above by Tony Persons was on Beauty and the Geeks tonight:

Is this the first Woot sighting on tv? :D

lingo654

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lingo654

I did! I was taking my 9 am Anatomy Exam practical and saw someone with the anatomy test t shirt! It was appropriate as we were doing GI. It was about one million times more exciting than my anatomy exam could have ever been.

fablefire

smooth906 wrote:Hey, you're from Portland? My wife teaches at Sylvania sometimes (she is an ESL intructor, but right now all her classes are at Rock Creek) and she likes my 'Say No to Scurvy' shirt. :D I always like your stuff.

Sad to say I haven't seen any Woot shirts 'in the wild' other than a friend who I know also shops at Woot... maybe when it gets a bit warmer, though!

Ja, I get around all over Portland. Had an online class that was based at Rock Creek once. ...and thanks! =D

fablefire

klswoot wrote:Fable! This was the greatest post. Wouldn't have had nearly the impact if you hadn't included the quotes and the back and forth banter. I actually felt like the 'fly on the wall'. That's so fun!! I can't wait until I see someone in a woot shirt...especially one of mine. So cool....thanks for posting the sighting!

Np, it was pretty cool. I had to double-take because I thought, "oh, there's KLS's shirt...

Faith and Begorrah IT'S KLS's SHIRT!" :O

My first woot in the wild sighting.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
fablefire wrote: she said "oh you design? which one" and I was like "yeah, the devil went down to georgia one" and then she said "I don't remember that one" and I was like " T-T (on the inside)" and she was like "I like the one with two fish in a bowl" and we said some stuff...

That's because you didn't put a silhouette of GA on it

fablefire

AdderXYU wrote:That's because you didn't put a silhouette of GA on it

Ohhhh... so that's why. Makes sense.

Well now you can't miss the dead puppy entry.

klswoot

fablefire wrote:Np, it was pretty cool. I had to double-take because I thought, "oh, there's KLS's shirt...

Faith and Begorrah IT'S KLS's SHIRT!" :O

My first woot in the wild sighting.

Okay...I'm still smiling. Thanks for the additional post. Really made my day! Hope I can return the favor with a Scurvy sighting, TCTP or Plan B sighting.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
lingo654 wrote:I did! I was taking my 9 am Anatomy Exam practical and saw someone with the anatomy test t shirt! It was appropriate as we were doing GI. It was about one million times more exciting than my anatomy exam could have ever been.

Awesome totally awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I have yet to see my first sighting but I'm always on the lookout. Especially on TV, I have Beauty and the Geek on Tivo, I will look for the Woot shirt.

MiracleMax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiracleMax
geekfactor12 wrote:Stereo From Above by Tony Persons was on Beauty and the Geeks tonight:

Is this the first Woot sighting on tv? :D

Wait, wait, wait! Are you telling me I missed the beginning of a new B&G?! Bummer! I didn't even know it was starting up again.

But that's pretty cool a Geek is a Wooter.

Amach06

MiracleMax wrote:Wait, wait, wait! Are you telling me I missed the beginning of a new B&G?! Bummer! I didn't even know it was starting up again.

Thats sweet, altho i dont know the show that this was from.

shan24

Amach06 wrote:Thats sweet, altho i dont know the show that this was from.

Beauty and the Geek is a great show...it doesn't get that much exposure but I saw a new one was starting in Entertainment Weekly. It's not a love connection type show or anything, but they pair a beauty up with a geek and they are partners throughout the whole show. The geeks have to do challenges that the beauties would excel at, and vice versa. It's funny to see the beauties trying to build a rocket from a little kit and trying to figure out how to hook up a computer for the first time and successfully print something. The geeks are so out of it, socially speaking, and the beauties are also out of touch with the real world. Kinda interesting to see how most of them really become good friends with people they would never associate with based on looks.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
MiracleMax wrote:Wait, wait, wait! Are you telling me I missed the beginning of a new B&G?! Bummer! I didn't even know it was starting up again.

You kidding? I bet every one of those geeks spent a whole night comparing shirt lists.

"You got stereo from above? That's so cool. I've only bought Pumpkin and Ghost. Old school 4 lyfe"

"Yeah, I wanted that, but I couldn't afford it after purchasing the laser-sighted gaming mouse on main woot. I did pick up Man-Boy though."

"EPIC WIN! I want a Man-Boy almost as much as I want Unhappy Meeting"

"Isn't Unhappy Meeting just a stock photo?"

"You're endowed with the luck of the irish. Your mom is endowed with the luck of the irish. The voters picked it so it must be good. You're as lame as a refurb (rox0rz!)'d brown zune"

MiracleMax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MiracleMax
AdderXYU wrote:You kidding? I bet every one of those geeks spent a whole night comparing shirt lists.

"You got stereo from above? That's so cool. I've only bought Pumpkin and Ghost. Old school 4 lyfe"

"Yeah, I wanted that, but I couldn't afford it after purchasing the laser-sighted gaming mouse on main woot. I did pick up Man-Boy though."

"You're endowed with the luck of the irish. Your mom is endowed with the luck of the irish. The voters picked it so it must be good. You're as lame as a refurb (rox0rz!)'d brown zune"

Good point.

klswoot

shan24 wrote:Beauty and the Geek is a great show...it doesn't get that much exposure but I saw a new one was starting in Entertainment Weekly. It's not a love connection type show or anything, but they pair a beauty up with a geek and they are partners throughout the whole show. The geeks have to do challenges that the beauties would excel at, and vice versa. It's funny to see the beauties trying to build a rocket from a little kit and trying to figure out how to hook up a computer for the first time and successfully print something. The geeks are so out of it, socially speaking, and the beauties are also out of touch with the real world. Kinda interesting to see how most of them really become good friends with people they would never associate with based on looks.

Hey Shan - Is that the show that was created/produced by Ashton Kuchar? Or am I thinking of another show?

shan24

klswoot wrote:Hey Shan - Is that the show that was created/produced by Ashton Kuchar? Or am I thinking of another show?

Yes I think you're right.

Amach06

AdderXYU wrote:You kidding? I bet every one of those geeks spent a whole night comparing shirt lists.

that wuz teh funneh. Good Stuff!

Nightmry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nightmry

I was wearing "Little Nessie" today for the first time and my mom saw it. She said "Is that another shirt from Woot?"

She then said, "It is just a little Loch Ness monster, right? There are no strange messages hidden in the shirt that I don't understand, right?" -- which was in reference to Apethetic in the Face of Anialiation, becasue I had to point out the mushroom cloud and the blown up monkeys, Follow the Leader, and Eating Healthy, which i also had to explain...

My poor uncool mom... says the 30yr old shirt.woot addict

InsideLuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InsideLuke

I haven't seen anyone don't know. I hae some friends on woot now, so we see each other a lot with woot shirts.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Just last month I saw a lady at my vet's office (north of Dallas, TX) with the Starbuck's parody shirt "Fivebucks" on. I was going to say something to her about it, but my two dogs started getting rowdy and I never had the chance.

KidCam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KidCam
fablefire wrote:I am picturing you guys totally freaking out in public over woot shirts, and laughing. You're awesome.

that wuz teh funneh, i was doing the same thing
now im kind of afraid to meet some of these people on the site, in real life
only because i don't want to look to crazy (like the people on the subways) going apesh_t over some t-shirts most people don't even know about
but at the same time, i wanna meet someone from the site (just bump into...no stalkers please) to go apesh_t over the woot shirts with

on a side note, i haven't seen any wooters where im from (New York City), except for my brother (who got me into this site)
but i do see a few threadless-ers
and i haven't seen any jinx-ers either

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

neat, the craigslist for woot shirts.

as for me, nada, no shirt sights

goldnndrkness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness

that wuz teh funneh my third shirt sighting in like 2 months.

some guy was wearing Dramatic Jackalope. and now that i saw it in person makes me wish i had it even more. :/

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

klswoot

goldnndrkness wrote:that wuz teh funneh my third shirt sighting in like 2 months.

some guy was wearing Dramatic Jackalope. and now that i saw it in person makes me wish i had it even more. :/

You have done well seeing the Woot shirts. Still haven't seen any aside from what my family members wear.

goldnndrkness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness
klswoot wrote:You have done well seeing the Woot shirts. Still haven't seen any aside from what my family members wear.

the scary thing is is that i think its the same guy, maybe? (i work at a reastaraunt) that wuz teh funneh i just cant remeber

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

Explodinggreenllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama

Yeah, there's a guy who visits where I volunteer a lot and he's usually always wearing a woot shirt when I see him. So far he's worn Now That's Just Overpriced and the Ain't No Party like a Boston Party. I always feel like saying something to him about it but never do. I do try to wear my woot shirts when I work in hopes he would be the one saying something but so far it's been unsucessful. Hey, what else do you want from a silly 15 year old?

I also saw some random guy wearing Unfriendly Locals at a hockey game....

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream

firegal51

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firegal51

I've had 3 Woot sitings on my campus. The first one was some random guy waiting at the bus stop wearing "When Penguins Bribe Polar Bears". Another was in an info session where someone was wearing "Anatomy Test". There is also a guy in one of my classes who I've seen wearing "Rampage Wear" and I think some other Woot shirt. I didn't say anything to him, but he's in my lab so I might ask him about it. I go to a big school and I am in the engineering buildings all the time, so that probably increases my chances of running into other wooters.

shan24

firegal51 wrote:I've had 3 Woot sitings on my campus. The first one was some random guy waiting at the bus stop wearing "When Penguins Bribe Polar Bears". Another was in an info session where someone was wearing "Anatomy Test". There is also a guy in one of my classes who I've seen wearing "Rampage Wear" and I think some other Woot shirt. I didn't say anything to him, but he's in my lab so I might ask him about it. I go to a big school and I am in the engineering buildings all the time, so that probably increases my chances of running into other wooters.

So awesome, another Anatomy Test sighting!

klswoot

shan24 wrote:So awesome, another Anatomy Test sighting!

Come on Shan....'fess up.... you're paying someone to sport the shirt on college campuses, aren't you? j/k That's okay...I'm sending my 'people' to all the local Koi hotspots.

aceface7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aceface7

i saw someone wearing the leap year calculation one, i forget the name. at UC berkeley.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
fishphotoguy wrote:I've not seen one in person, yet, but I rarely leave the house.

Just spotted "...Scurvy" on an Austin website, Pics from a "Band of Horses" gig a couple weeks ago; http://www.austin360.com/alist/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=75704

go to pic 9 of 46. also note, guy in the background is gonna be chopped into all my vacation snaps from now on.

Ovulating? My Goodness! That guy in the back is hilarious!

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Nightmry wrote:I was the Sighting!! I was at the gym today (wearing Appathetic in the Face of Certain Annihilation) and this woman (who I had never seen before) came up to me and asked me if it was a Woot shirt. We bonded over our addiction to Woot and I even got to tell her how to order sold-out shirts (Swim, Little Nessie). It was too cool.

WOOT!!! Thanks for the plug Nightmry!!! I was really hoping someone would have spotted me this week/end in Minneapolis. I was there with my hubby, the roommate and his parents showing them the MOA. I wore Nessie on Friday and on the way up on Thursday, I wore Spryte's Plan-B and we swung into the mall for a while before settling into the hotel. (BTW, I had some girl come up to me while wearing that and she said that there was far too much truth in that shirt and wanted to know where in the mall I bought it... to which I started to tell her where to get yours and mine )

Nightmry wrote:I was wearing "Little Nessie" today for the first time and my mom saw it. She said "Is that another shirt from Woot?"

She then said, "It is just a little Loch Ness monster, right? There are no strange messages hidden in the shirt that I don't understand, right?" -- which was in reference to Apethetic in the Face of Anialiation, becasue I had to point out the mushroom cloud and the blown up monkeys, Follow the Leader, and Eating Healthy, which i also had to explain...

My poor uncool mom... says the 30yr old shirt.woot addict

ROFLMAO!!! My mom asks that too ever since I had to explain the evolution of Cthulhu and how he came to be from the stories when I first submitted him back in the 'Create your own Holiday' and my joke resub from 'Winter' derbies (and O M G, she wants the winter Cthulhu and won't stop bugging me about it!)

goingfordistance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goingfordistance

Jaden - I saw your Swim, Little Nessie shirt today! It was really unexpected and kind of surreal. I'm so used to seeing it (online) that when I actually saw it on someone I did a double take because I didn't realize the first time. Weird!

I would have stopped to chat with the girl, but she seemed like she didn't want to be disturbed...

Do you have a Caution Octopus shirt? Men's small, perhaps?