klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
aidenb wrote:I wore Aarrrgyle to the Anti-Flag show at First Avenue tonight. As I was ordering a drink I heard someone say "Aaarrrgyle!", turned around, and there was a girl sporting Angry Day!

A dual-sighting. Love that!

personnemaime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages personnemaime

A guy was wearing Close Encounters of the 2D Kind yesterday in one of my classes (at James Madison University).

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

I was spotted today at the library! l ol! I've worn woot shirts to concerts, major-city hospitals, etc. and today was the first time any stranger (I have woot friends) noticed. Someone saw me wearing Kawai at the library and said: "Woot!" I clapped and agreed. She asked me about "the group of geeks" I was with l ol =D If you see this: Hi! You should join us at the next meeting you know, if you want. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

klswoot

YAY! ELS! First stranger woot encounter. That's neat. We are currently on an island with only 200 people in the colder months. It's just starting to get more tourist traffic now. I gave one of my Koi shirts to the woman who runs the local market. I thought she'd be a good publicity person for the design. She had it on two days ago and we walked into the store. I was wearing it and my 3 yr old had the WS on. We all laughed because we wore it on the same day. I did manage to sell one to another person in the market that day. That was fun. But, still no woot 'stranger' sightings for me. I think when it starts to warm up, I'll see some on the tourists this year!

Kawai turned out cute, didn't it?

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm

The host of the soundtrack channel news podcast is a fan of woot shirts and wears them frequently on his show. Its on itunes and i think youtube too....

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
tallworm wrote:The host of the soundtrack channel news podcast is a fan of woot shirts and wears them frequently on his show. Its on itunes and i think youtube too....

Visual proof is always bonus!
-Andy

tallworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tallworm

First in person sighting...saw Angry Day at the griffith observatory in LA today.

jebarringer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jebarringer

Was riding the bus to MSU campus today when an undergrad guy wearing "Reality isn't for everyone" got on. I immediately recognized it, and regretted not wearing one of my own woot shirts today.

Temperance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Temperance

I saw someone wearing The Cake is a Liar while I was wearing my Anatomy Test tee. She was running to class, probably late, so I wasn't able to do anything but simply point each other out.

Actually.... it's strange to me that I haven't seen more Woot tees considering I live about a 5 minute drive from the warehouse in Carrollton ( I drive past it every day to school, actually). Sometimes I feel tempted to just not let them ship it, and offer to drive over there to get my shirt immediately... too bad :]

eyeslikesugar

Temperance wrote:I live about a 5 minute drive from the warehouse in Carrollton ( I drive past it every day to school, actually). Sometimes I feel tempted to just not let them ship it, and offer to drive over there to get my shirt immediately... too bad :]

I totally would!! just call them up, "um yeah.. I'll be passing by, and I wondered if it was cool if I just go ahead that shirt I ordered last night; now seems like a better time than two weeks from now. kthx!"
I envy you.. you should apply for a job.. I wonder if discounts are offered. =D

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
Temperance wrote:I saw someone wearing The Cake is a Liar while I was wearing my Anatomy Test tee. She was running to class, probably late, so I wasn't able to do anything but simply point each other out.

Actually.... it's strange to me that I haven't seen more Woot tees considering I live about a 5 minute drive from the warehouse in Carrollton ( I drive past it every day to school, actually). Sometimes I feel tempted to just not let them ship it, and offer to drive over there to get my shirt immediately... too bad :]

Oooh thanks for sporting Anatomy Test! yippee

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16

I so want to see people in a Woot shirt, I think when I finally see one I'm gonna' have a big grin ...

eyeslikesugar

TurboGraphx16 wrote:I so want to see people in a Woot shirt, I think when I finally see one I'm gonna' have a big grin ...

My boyfriend spotted a guy in Zombie Garden (I have that one!) on campus yesterday. He went up to him and said: "Woot!" apparently, the guy looked at him like he was crazy. l ol! Exercise caution when approaching Wooters. =D

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
eyeslikesugar wrote:My boyfriend spotted a guy in Zombie Garden (I have that one!) on campus yesterday. He went up to him and said: "Woot!" apparently, the guy looked at him like he was crazy. l ol! Exercise caution when approaching Wooters. =D

I don't think I'd ever approach them and yell "Woot", but I's be entertained.

klswoot

eyeslikesugar wrote:My boyfriend spotted a guy in Zombie Garden (I have that one!) on campus yesterday. He went up to him and said: "Woot!" apparently, the guy looked at him like he was crazy. l ol! Exercise caution when approaching Wooters. =D

I wondered about this ELS! Some shirts are probably given as gifts, or purchased through a friend's link on another site, so the recipient might not be familiar with the shirt.woot site. Your boyfriend may have taken that particular person by surprise.

You seen several in the past week, no?

eyeslikesugar

klswoot wrote:I wondered about this ELS! Some shirts are probably given as gifts, or purchased through a friend's link on another site, so the recipient might not be familiar with the shirt.woot site. Your boyfriend may have taken that particular person by surprise.

You seen several in the past week, no?

Not really.. he's seen one, and I've been spotted in one. So yeah a lot of Woot activity for normal as of late, but I have yet to see a stranger in a Woot shirt. =( Yeah.. we figured as much, he either got one as a gift or was outside-linked to Zombie Garden. Either way, awesome shirt and I'm glad non-wooters appreciate it, too! =D One of the better surprises I've found out recently is that a designer (a winning designer!) lives in my town, not only that but works down the street from me! =D I won't give them away as I'm sure a few people know where I live, and I am big on keeping a person's privacy.. but still, it's cool to know. =D

psbrett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psbrett

Finally spotted a couple. Both were the Sputnik shirt here at Georgia Tech. I also have one.

I do think I'll be yelling 'Woot!' or 'shirt.Woot!' at people.

Temperance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Temperance
shan24 wrote:Oooh thanks for sporting Anatomy Test! yippee

I love it to death; I wear it at least once a week, and have never had a time where I have not gotten a comment on it. Working at a hospital, and going to medical classes helps people appreciate it even more... I've referred more than a couple people for them to buy their own, actually

Caiters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caiters

Weird, I haven't seen a single shirt woot until today and yesterday. I saw someone wearing the monster brushing his teeth shirt, and he said he got it from one of the random shirt woot days *giggles*. The other one I saw somebody riding by on a bike wearing the city one that looks like it's being bent inwards, I think it's an older one.

www.c8-bit.com

shan24

Temperance wrote:I love it to death; I wear it at least once a week, and have never had a time where I have not gotten a comment on it. Working at a hospital, and going to medical classes helps people appreciate it even more... I've referred more than a couple people for them to buy their own, actually

Thank you so much, you are awesome!!

boredterry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boredterry

Ain't No Party Like A Boston Party -- Consumerist

I guess this would be like a semi-sighting. :P

eyeslikesugar

boredterry wrote:Ain't No Party Like A Boston Party -- Consumerist

I guess this would be like a semi-sighting. :P

NICE spotting!! =D

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica

I was working today and someone walked in with the "Go Rock, Beat Paper" shirt on and we immediately started talking about Woot *giggles*. I usually wear a WootShirt under my shirt for work too...

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

klswoot

emerica wrote:I was working today and someone walked in with the "Go Rock, Beat Paper" shirt on and we immediately started talking about Woot *giggles*. I usually wear a WootShirt under my shirt for work too...

Don't know that shirt. Must have been one of woot's early designs. I've heard people talk about the rock and paper one. I'll have to look it up in the past links.

shan24

klswoot wrote:Don't know that shirt. Must have been one of woot's early designs. I've heard people talk about the rock and paper one. I'll have to look it up in the past links.

Oh that one was a classic. Too bad Adder wasn't here for that. Actually I mean I'm glad he wasn't here for that. You missed all the controversy! Was it too "simple"? Was the T really a cross? on and on and on. All for what? a shirt! A shirt, people! I'm sure you can't think of any other controversies around here to compare it to...ha ha...here is the friends link. The derby was called Fake Me Out to the Ballgame where you had to make up your own team and design the shirt. If I remember right this is where Zombie Season came from, Tag, Panda Polo, and Calvinball.

jdmfanatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdmfanatic

I forget what the name is called but it's the shirt that has 3 1/2 stars filled out of 5. I think it was like, "nobody is perfect"?

Anyways, I saw my friend's boyfriend wearing it the other day and he saw me wearing my "Autumn Breeze" shirt. We paused for a second and were both like, "WOOT!"

Total geek moment but it was pretty awesome. If only our girlfriends understood...

LBISurfer2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LBISurfer2

So I had to post this... I was at Coachella music festival in Indio CA this weekend, wearing the 3D lion shirt right (weird one with the lion in 3D glasses and the blue blurb), during the day 2 people asked if they could photograph it, which I thought was kinda funny, but then at night, I was in close to the same state of mind as the lion, namely I had my ls3D glasses on, and stepped out of the 'johnny on the spot' crapper right into a dude wearing the same shirt.... he just looked at me shrugged his soldiers and said 'Woot?' to which I firmly replied Woot. then I ran away cause it was kinda weird, but still, I thought it was crazy... long weekend everyone goodnight!

BTW Coachella was the greatest festival ever, it was a magical playground full of life and sweet tunes... and Prince is one hell of a performer

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
shan24 wrote:Oh that one was a classic. Too bad Adder wasn't here for that. Actually I mean I'm glad he wasn't here for that. You missed all the controversy! Was it too "simple"? Was the T really a cross? on and on and on. All for what? a shirt! A shirt, people! I'm sure you can't think of any other controversies around here to compare it to...ha ha...here is the friends link. The derby was called Fake Me Out to the Ballgame where you had to make up your own team and design the shirt. If I remember right this is where Zombie Season came from, Tag, Panda Polo, and Calvinball.

I actually was "technically" around for that, though I didn't bite the shirt bullet for a few derbies yet. And you might be surprised to hear "Go Rock" tempted me... it's a clever joke, but in the long run text-only has a damn hard time of winning my money. I was more tempted by Panda Polo, and probably would have wooted if i'd had a better picture of what creme looked like... breakfastopo was a no-brainer purchase, but panda polo would have required pictures first.

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
shan24 wrote:The derby was called Fake Me Out to the Ballgame where you had to make up your own team and design the shirt. If I remember right this is where Zombie Season came from, Tag, Panda Polo, and Calvinball.

That derby produced:

1. Zombie Season
2. Panda Polo
3. Go Rock, Beat Paper
(4.) Calvinball (<-- Derek has it for sale personally)
(x.) Tag (which won 1st in the big do-over derby)

... and then followed shamefully by Skatetown the Monday following.

RHCPFunk2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RHCPFunk2

*giggles* I wouldn't normally laugh at a thread like this, but I'm wearing my "Uh Oh" completely out of coincidence today. I'd be surprised if someone hasn't spotted me wearing one of my many woot shirts yet.

FallenStar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FallenStar

I saw Sputnik on campus a week or two ago at dinner. I made a minor scene and stared at the guy wanting to say something to him throughout dinner. He either knew what I was looking at or was mildly disturbed.

I had my GI Metro on and someone stopped me as I was walking by to compliment me on it (she didn't let on to whether or not she knew what it was from).

goldnndrkness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goldnndrkness
RHCPFunk2 wrote:*giggles* I wouldn't normally laugh at a thread like this, but I'm wearing my "Uh Oh" completely out of coincidence today. I'd be surprised if someone hasn't spotted me wearing one of my many woot shirts yet.

im wearing uh oh too. its one of my favorites

Have these shirts in WS and are willing to sell? PM please!

Cassette Taps
Best thing since
Alice Paining Caterpillar

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane

I just recently started wooting and realized that a guy on campus has the "Tag" shirt... I'm kinda slow. Although, I have just about quintupled the number of woot shirts on campus (I know at least 5 genome shirts were delivered here, along with 1 scurvy, another on the way,a little nessie on the way, a zombie hunter, and many more to come, I'm sure)!

mhpatel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhpatel

I spotted Anatomy Test at a bar in the UCLA area a little while ago. But I was in no condition to strike up a conversation with a stranger.

I have seven Woot Shirts so far (soon to be eight, just bought Rampage Wear before the reckoning) and I wear the carp out of them, but I have yet to be accosted by stranger wanting to bond over a shared love of Woot Shirts. You'd think I would run into more shirt.woot fans considering I work near the UCLA campus but go figure.

Although I do see my girlfriend (scurvy & paradisaea), her brother (all is calm) and my ex-roomate (sputnik) wearing them. But it's not the same.

ladderphobia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladderphobia

This boy in my English class wore an Angry Day shirt a couple of weeks ago. I think I literally squealed with delight when I saw him. He says it was just sitting in his closet and he doesn't remember how it got it though, so not a true wooter.

But I have turned a few friends on to Woot and saw them sporting Camisa de los Muertos.

GolgiBody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GolgiBody

I go to UC Davis in California and been a woot member for only a month or two, and owner of two shirts. I've already seen a lot of other woot shirts on people on campus, when I started recognizing old shirts and such (after browsing the history of shirts). When I go "shirt woot?", they always look confused for a fraction of a second, then their faces break out in a huge grin and go "you too?!". It's like an immediate common connection. Pretty awesome. I can't wait until the next time I run into someone with a woot shirt. Here are the shirts I have seen on people:

Spring-ATRON
Anatomy Test
Skullflower
Cartons of Death (in Cal Poly)
Dramatic Jackalope (in Cal Poly)
Patriot Wings
Eating Healthy
Entrance Ramp for the Soul Expressway

Maybe it's because I'm on campus for long hours everyday. But it's worth it!

thespaniardsteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thespaniardsteve

Yeah, I go to Purdue, a big engineering school, so its surprising I haven't seen more shirt.woots around.. I did see a kid wearing Aaarrrgyle, the other day though.

-Spaniard

baseball4life189

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baseball4life189

[quote="goingfordistance"]Well, I go to school out here near LA and I was walking across campus. I looked up and I saw the shirt under a zip-up sweatshirt. I totally would have said something, but I was kind of shocked at first, not having seen a woot! shirt before in person, so by the time I realized it, I would have had to run back to catch her. I'll have to be on the look out to spot the shirt again.[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, was this near uc riverside? I bought this shirt for my gf and she wears it out a lot since she loves it.

I've also seen sore thumbs once on campus.. I wish I picked up that shirt when I had the chance.

goingfordistance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goingfordistance
baseball4life189 wrote:Just out of curiosity, was this near uc riverside? I bought this shirt for my gf and she wears it out a lot since she loves it.

I've also seen sore thumbs once on campus.. I wish I picked up that shirt when I had the chance.

No...it was at the Claremont Colleges. But, if I head over to Riverside, I'll keep an eye out!

Do you have a Caution Octopus shirt? Men's small, perhaps?

Shiba Ogami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiba Ogami
ladderphobia wrote:
But I have turned a few friends on to Woot and saw them sporting Camisa de los Muertos.

Yay!