klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb

Ran into They Call Me Tim on the 16Ltd on the way to Colorado Mills yesterday. Couldn't help but notice; that bus was crowded.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
fossa4 wrote:Ive seen six or seven in the Portland, Oregon area. Mostly at Winco and Target stores

rb shirts?

that was fun while it lasted!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Saw co-worker (a known wooter to me) wearing jasneko's "To Air" a few days ago. Saturday evening, saw a guy at the DuClaw in the Arundel Mills Mall in Hanover, MD, wearing that ramyb shirt that looks like a clown wig on a coat tree. Did not approach said gent as I probably wouldn't have had much to say: "Sooo, I see you're wearing a woot shirt. Too bad I think that's such a yucky design."

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
yankeebird wrote:Saw co-worker (a known wooter to me) wearing jasneko's "To Air" a few days ago.

Hey hey, I think this is the first time I've heard of a random shirt sighting out there for one of my shirts... woohoo!:D Thanks for posting Yankeebird!! Side note: To Air is definitely about to be reckoned today, d'oh.

Vote!

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Saw this girl come into the store where I work tonight and she was wearing the "Gardening at Night" shirt. It looked great, was kinda jealous that I didn't pick one up.

ezekiel1827

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ezekiel1827

I was at work when this guy asked for some play sand. Helped him get it and as we were walking back inside completly interupped him and said "Shirt Woot!!". He was wearing 5...sec rule. Took me awhile before I noticed. Also some guy in computer dep has plenty of woot shirts at ASU. Angelo State not Arizona State. Yet to approach him.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
jasneko wrote:Hey hey, I think this is the first time I've heard of a random shirt sighting out there for one of my shirts... woohoo!:D Thanks for posting Yankeebird!! Side note: To Air is definitely about to be reckoned today, d'oh.

Glad that made you happy! It looked really good too.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

Tucson mall today, "It Came Out of Nowhere" in the food court, and "Nevermore" at the GameStop. Incidentally (and predictably) it took me several minutes to even register that Nevermore was, in fact, Nevermore, since it just looked like a gray shirt. Had I not conversed briefly with the wearer about Plants vs. Zombies DS, I would probably not have noticed. Hut-tah!

KGUN9 news the other night interviewed someone wearing "The Epic Begins" during a piece about The Daily Show filming here last week-ish. Here's the clip, about 1 minute in.

Saw someone in the neighborhood local convenience store with a couple different woot shirts, mostly Ramy designs, don't remember which ones. seems like the University of Arizona campus is no longer the oasis of woot in town. :P

stebo7mk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stebo7mk

Yes!! I've had a few Woot sightings. When the Borders in my city (Tucson) closed down I went in a few times & each time the cashier had on a woot shirt and recognized mine. Last night at a Flogging Molly concert I stood in line behind a few guys and one of them had on a woot shirt (They call me Tim) and recognized the one I was wearing. (famous gingers)

cat thing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cat thing

I saw a guy wearing Monster Hunter at the lilac festival at Arnold Arboretum in Boston yesterday

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

I've seen a few around NYC over the last couple of weeks, now that the weather's getting warmer. At least half a dozen at last month's MoCCA festival, though the only one I remember off-hand was Omnitarian's "Black & White & Read All Over", because it's such a great shirt I had to call out & compliment the wearer.

Also spotted "The Last Cupcake" on someone last Thursday evening on 8th ave and about 38th St. And my most-oft seen shirt in the wild, "The Epic Begins", made another appearance Saturday morning in Chelsea near 7th Ave & 26th St.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

My art intern showed up to work today wearing The Binge :D. He'd gotten as a gift some time back and loves it ^^. Hi 5, TJost!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

I have rarely worn my own designs yet, but this weekend I wore 'Books - no electricity needed'. The cashier at a pet store pointed at it and said 'hey, I have that shirt!'.
@_@
After a silence where I probably looked pretty goofy (opened mouthed and googley eyed,) I eventually told her I was the designer and had a delighted conversation about it (she seemed equally surprised and delighted!). I've always wondered if I might see someone in one of my designs... this wasn't quite that, but it sure did make my afternoon!:D

Vote!

endangeredomega

Another sighting last night; one of the students in a writing class at the Museum of Comic & Cartoon Art was sporting "It Came Out of Nowhere".

aliminx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliminx

I held the door for a guy on the way into my eye doctor, and he was wearing the Nevermore shirt. It happens to be the one shirt I've wanted and never ordered, and seeing it in person sealed the deal. I was all excited when I saw it, "OOO, I like your shirt! Woot, right?!" And, then he was all excited and was all, "YES!" I wanted to highfive him, but I thought it might be awkward.

I went ahead and bought Nevermore today during this Woot-Off, because I've lusted over it far too long.

holly2978

quality posts: 1 Private Messages holly2978

I walked into an Applebees a few weeks ago wearing my nude cupcake, and the hostess about peed! She loved it and said how she keeps meaning to buy it...Neptune Beach, FL

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

This isn't a sighting, but still kinda funny... was at the farmers market this morning wearing Kitty Gratis... had someone walk up to me and ask if I really had free kittens available... I guess she's looking for a cat... lol

>insert funny quote here<

renouxa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renouxa

I find that the graduate school community at the University of Michigan is a hot bed of Wooters. I see students I don't know wearing Woot shirts probably at least a couple times a month.
Not to mention a post-doc in my lab asking me if I knew about woot shirts (I was incidentally wearing "Science Needs Your Brain" -my favorite shirt working in a neuroscience lab); and then proceeding to tell me about buying his 2-year-old daughter the random kids pack and getting "The Binge"! He was worried about putting it on his kid, but I assured him it was funny and still in good taste. She has a decade to figure out why it's funny.

baadteddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baadteddy
Nightmry wrote:I was the Sighting!! I was at the gym today (wearing Appathetic in the Face of Certain Annihilation) and this woman (who I had never seen before) came up to me and asked me if it was a Woot shirt. We bonded over our addiction to Woot and I even got to tell her how to order sold-out shirts (Swim, Little Nessie). It was too cool.

what was the advice she gave?

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
renouxa wrote:... and then proceeding to tell me about buying his 2-year-old daughter the random kids pack and getting "The Binge"! He was worried about putting it on his kid, but I assured him it was funny and still in good taste. She has a decade to figure out why it's funny.

Besides, crazier randoms have been sent out before ... I recall that there was a little uproar from someone who received P*rn Stars in their kids randoms.

mrsbigeddi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrsbigeddi

I saw 'Metrognome' today. When I asked the guy where he got the shirt, he wouldn't tell me. He got a little smirk on his face when I told him that I have one too.

renouxa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renouxa
Narfcake wrote:Besides, crazier randoms have been sent out before ... I recall that there was a little uproar from someone who received P*rn Stars in their kids randoms.

Nnnyeah that's definitely worse than Cookie Monster crashed out on cookies. P-Stars is perhaps slightly less self-evident, but more weird to slap on a small child.

I think I'll send him the link and suggest he count his lucky...stars?

Pun unintended, then discovered, and embraced.

endangeredomega

Two sightings in one evening yesterday, here in NYC. On Broadway & 10th, at about half-past six, saw someone crossing the street wearing "A Novel Idea." Proceeded to note a guy around 7pm at No Idea Bar (20th St between Park & Madison) sporting "Blocks Away".

endangeredomega

In what may be my most unsettling sighting yet, I came across a Woot shirt whilst scrolling through a free amateur tea site (research for a story project, I swear!)

Spotted some bloke in a j/o video wearing Mr. Bobo Masonic Dyna-Monkey. My first thought: "Wow, I certainly hope he doesn't irrevocably stain a Woot classic ..."

I'll be attending Wizard's Big Apple Con this weekend, and plan to keep note of any sightings. Any other shirt-wooters planning to be there?

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

APSketches Let's Get Kraken made an appearance at the Bruins v Lightning game this afternoon:

endangeredomega

As cons go, Wizard Big Apple was a bit of a dud -- for Woot shirt sightings as well as most everything else. Nonetheless, I picked out perhaps half a dozen of the "usual suspects" over the weekend:

Saturday: I Heart Math, Honey Wait, The Cheese is Liederkranz, Visibility Cloak, & It Came Out of Nowhere.

Sunday: No One Left to Play With & The Binge

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox

Slightly delayed (just found this thread!) but I played poker against someone wearing "a simple question of weight ratios" back in March during a visit to Vegas. (Not only did he have good taste in shirts, he took a couple of pots off me...)

lunadust12

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunadust12

franlkin mills mall philadelphia, just saw A Royal Shame in the food court.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer
renouxa wrote:I find that the graduate school community at the University of Michigan is a hot bed of Wooters. I see students I don't know wearing Woot shirts probably at least a couple times a month.

Same goes for the grad school (and some undergrads) at Boston University. I've stopped keeping track of my sightings because they're so frequent. Yet I still keep secretly hoping someone will post about seeing me.

holly2978

quality posts: 1 Private Messages holly2978

Last night, I saw The Cheese is Liederkranz at a kangaroo gas station in Neptune Beach Florida

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Yesterday a young woman came in wearing the "Don't call me Robin" shirt. And today I saw a kid wearing "Squeeze."

Both looked pretty dang cool.

aliebowi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliebowi
renouxa wrote:I find that the graduate school community at the University of Michigan is a hot bed of Wooters. I see students I don't know wearing Woot shirts probably at least a couple times a month.

I walked past someone just last week on the University of Michigan campus wearing In Harmony, I'd bet money they were a physics or engineering grad student

ndevries1981

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndevries1981

Was getting ready to host the second night of my improv troupe's (www.offbookimprov.com) 2 night lineup at a theatre in NJ when I saw someone in an Experimental Mine Set shirt, someone in The Original Blue Hedgehog shirt, someone in an It's A Trap shirt, and unrelated but cool, a Trogdor shirt. Everyone was from a different group.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
aliebowi wrote:I walked past someone just last week on the University of Michigan campus wearing In Harmony, I'd bet money they were a physics or engineering grad student

Yay! First random sighting I've heard about my shirt!

cameronwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cameronwilliams

I wore my The Cheese is Liederkranz were we destroy my fiancée's snowboard for a contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X3_i1h_oEY

And on an entirely related note, if anyone wants to vote for me, that would be most appreciated.

http://on.fb.me/j4P9FU

endangeredomega

Saw a guy wearing "Spicy Italian Meatball" just after half-six this evening, on the corner of 23rd St and 6th Avenue. (NYC)

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

I saw a kid wearing Knock, Knock in the store I work at the other day. I work at a thrift store, so I also saw somebody buy a How a Pencil Sharpener Works shirt a little bit ago. I was jealous because I would have bought it.

Now I'm always on the lookout for Woot shirts coming through the thrift store.

endangeredomega

About 10pm tonight, on the 4th floor at Pearl Studios (NYC). Guy near the elevators wearing "Rain-Bo"

ksapp82

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksapp82
KaylaJ wrote:APSketches Let's Get Kraken made an appearance at the Bruins v Lightning game this afternoon:

That is awesome...I haven't seen any random people in South Carolina, but people have pointed out my shirts and asked if it is a woot shirt.

woot.com = 11 woots
shirt.woot = 31 woots
sellout.woot = 3 woots
kids.woot = 4 woots
home.woot = 2 woot
Shirt Trades/Sold = 7/9

jagendorf

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jagendorf

I saw someone wearing Hotcakes at Culver's in St. Peters, MO while I was relaxing eating some delicious food tonight. I was wearing Angry Day at the time. Twas my first Woot Sighting!

Bilyum it up all day long!