bluejester

quality posts: 568 Private Messages bluejester
innussiq wrote:Saw The Hungry Igloo shirt at midnight release of Harry Potter on thursday and it led me here. Sad I can't buy it, but this looks like an interesting place.

Where was that at? An AMC highlands ranch 24? Because I work near there and saw a guy on that day wearing that exact shirt.

Also saw a dude wearing Robbie Lee's "Sunset" shirt just a few hours prior. Shirt.woot shirt sitings seem rare for me, twice in one day was totally awesome.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bluejester wrote:Also saw a dude wearing Robbie Lee's "Sunset" shirt just a few hours prior. Shirt.woot shirt sitings seem rare for me, twice in one day was totally awesome.

You know, as much as I like the design of "sunset", I haven't brought myself to wearing mine, yet...that cream just....yeah.

move along

osters5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osters5

my friend was wearing one a few weeks ago, i didn't know she had it and I didn't tell her about woot, she was just wearing it on her own

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

It Came Out of Nowhere. About 6pm, on the South end of Union Sq. Park, NYC.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

One of our programmers spotted Imposter on the cover of Linux Journal.

evod88kc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages evod88kc

I was walking down the street the other day and saw a guy wearing Self-Expression!

neonlime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neonlime

Went to the beach to hang out and my friend's new boyfriend was wearing a Woot Exclamation Point shirt.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal
tgentry wrote:One of our programmers spotted Imposter on the cover of Linux Journal.

You know that guy thought long & hard about what he was going to wear for the cover shoot...and he picked a woot shirt! Wow!

bluejester

goneferal wrote:You know that guy thought long & hard about what he was going to wear for the cover shoot...and he picked a woot shirt! Wow!

I agree! That's pretty cool that of all the things that this guy could have worn, he looked in his closet and nabbed a woot shirt.

chibi0ftrance

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chibi0ftrance

Did anyone else see Yahoo! use a Woot shirt (Natural Pride) as an optical illusion? Someone might have mentioned it already =P

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/840-this-illusion-is-just-a-matter-of-perspective

Toadlet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Toadlet

Comic-Con's back! Time for some serious shirt spotting. I'll update this post throughout the weekend.

Prior years: 2008, 2009, 2010

I Wore:

• Wednesday: Honey Wait!!
  • Thursday: Awkward Silence
  • Friday: Skullngry
  • Saturday: Sliced Bread
  • Sunday: Alice Painting Caterpillar

I Saw:

• Wednesday: Cloak of Visibility, Pie(rate) Chart, Poison, A Clue?, Honey Wait!! (high five!), Faster Higher Stronger Aimier, It Came Out Of Nowhere
  • Thursday: Poison, Grilled Cheese, Meh, The Epic Begins, Poker Game, A Cold Sneeze, Imposter, UpgraDead, A simple question of weight ratios, The cake is a liar
  • Friday: 60’s Space Girls, School, Mr. Lincoln, It Came Out Of Nowhere, Scissors Paper Rock, The cake is a liar, In the Library With the Wrench, Intermission, Two Fish Who Are Red And Blue, Shirt Of Continued Employment, Meh
  • Saturday: Fat Unicorn, Epic Battle, Ring Bearer, Poker Game, Villainous Victorian Velociraptor, The Epic Begins, Rock Paper Scissor Hold, Ninja on a bicycle, It Came Out Of Nowhere, Poison
  • Sunday: School, Fresh Cake, Chucknorium, Exclamation Print (green), Onward Robots!, Revenge of the Damsels, It Came Out Of Nowhere, If I Only Had a Brain, Evil bike is evil, Gummistone Park, When Asteroids Strike, Rock Paper Scissor Hold, Death Served Till Noon, 1985 B.C., Actual Cats HOOOO, Poison, Coexist, Hugasaurus Rex

Phew! That's all of 'em, did you spot me? I'm pre-registered for SDCC 2012, so you can look forward to another one of these posts next year.

I appear to be melting.

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake

In my 3 mile walk this morning, I saw:
- Acquired taste, (3x) Cheese, Pull up you fools, Imposter, Honey wait, and It's a trap.

I'm currently wearing Need More Land. Amist downtown SD, it's fitting.

10:50am edit - on the convention floor:
- School, It came out of nowhere, Forbidden future, Angry day, Fat unicorn, and Unstealthiest ninja.

1:30pm edit - from the convention floor, Ralphs, the parking lot at Petco Park, and back to the convention:
- Add (2x) Cheese, Concerts will never be the same , The cake is a liar, Shelf life, 60's space girls, and In harmony.
- And I've since changed into Unstealthiest Ninja. If there's anyone who could use a bath now, it's me from having walked another 3 1/2 miles.

woolysockofdoom

quality posts: 16 Private Messages woolysockofdoom

Yesterday at Comic-Con I wore Pandemonium, and I ran into someone else wearing it too. Today, however, I am wearing a Dinosaur Comics shirt, which might be blasphmey.

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj

I get sighted all the time. I do live in a town with five colleges & universities, though. I love it when people actually "get" them. My favorite was the Stonehenge Leap Day shirt which got recognized on the last Leap Day. I really hate trying to explain "The Cheese is a Liederkranz."

A friend went to a Weird Al concert last week and spotted quite a few w00t shirts. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm going to Mayhem Fest on Aug. 6...which of my sixty or so w00t shirts will I choose...? This girl LOVES her w00t shirts! Check it out if you're there...you'll spot the w00t shirt and you can't miss the bright, red hair. Right side of stage, row D...or in the Rockstar Lounge. W00ters tend to be very lucky, I've noticed ;)

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

Narfcake

The rest of yesterday:
- Apathy coalition, Ding dong! the witch is dead, The Epic Begins, Nobody walks into mardor, Squeeze, Pandamonium, Four ponies of the apocalypse, Spring ATRON, My kryptonite
------

In the past hour:
- It came out of nowhere, (2x) The epic beings, (2x) School, Cheese, Four ponies of the apocalypse, and T.K.O.

My shirt of the morning ... Donut Panic.

-----
From then to the end of the Cartoon Voices I panel:
- Bearloons, Captain polly hates crackers, and Ninja on bike. I was wearing a non-Woot shirt, a circa 1995 Animaniacs "grins" (plum version), Changes #36-301-007 (IIRC).

-----
5:50pm edit:
- (2x) Gozerhead, A rose by any other page, Princess and the menagerie, and I'm wearing Illustrated ratings guide.
-----
7:00pm edit:
Mission abort @ Mythbusters (waaaaaaaaaaaaayy too long of a line). Add'l sightings:
- You weren't invited, Cake is a liar, Cheese, It came out of nowhere, Forbidden future, Four ponies of the apocalypse, Shelf life, and She is reported to have said that before.

One thing I've noticed ... ZERO sightings of any Wences' designs thus so far. I guess I'll work one in tomorrow somewhere in between Release the cuddlin', Misfortune, and Stink less!

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

My 2nd Woot sighting tonight. Like any good nerd I was at Border's closing sale and some guy had on Coughee. I only saw him once considering it was a mad house and not like I'd go up to him and say Woot!, but it was neat to see. Kinda weird too considering I was wearing a Threadless shirt and not Woot.

bluejester

Saw a "Poison" shirt on a friend's facebook wall. Apparently her beau bought it for her as a random gift.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

That's a lot of woot shirt sightings Toadlet and Narfcake. Are you sure you didn't accidentally wander into the woot warehouse by mistake?
This may seem sad but I got excited each time Narfcake mentioned seeing people wearing Shelf Life in the wild. It's cool to think people I haven't met are wearing something I designed. That plus I still haven't seen mine yet. Shirt delivery to Australia can not be rushed.

Narfcake

PixelPants wrote:That's a lot of woot shirt sightings Toadlet and Narfcake. Are you sure you didn't accidentally wander into the woot warehouse by mistake?
This may seem sad but I got excited each time Narfcake mentioned seeing people wearing Shelf Life in the wild. It's cool to think people I haven't met are wearing something I designed. That plus I still haven't seen mine yet. Shirt delivery to Australia can not be rushed.

Haha ... well, SDCC is no shirt.woot warehouse, but a geek/nerd warehouse - yeah.

I'm just heading in myself on the trolley. Shirt of the morning, Stink Less!

10:45am edit: just hanging around the back of 6A, waiting for Cartoon Voices II. Two sightings so far, Shelf life and It came out of nowhere.

Narfcake

Cartoon Voices II panel ... Poker Game and Spicy Italian Meatball.

2:15pm edit:
- I've since changed into Release the Cuddlin', (Six for six, DoOomcat!), and spotted School, (5x) The epic begins, Computer mice, @-@, A rare occurrence, One flight per customer, Sunset, Aztec sunset, Who needs gravity, The binge, Natural instinct, Zu Chongzhi's estimate, By your powers combined, Coexist, Sissy fight, Trigonometree, Reflections on pi, Wrestling match, The black hole, and Another sleepless day.

I'm still surprised by the lack of representation for Wences.

3:50pm edit: It came out of nowhere, The epic begins, Poison, Acquired taste, and I've been wearing Misfortune. And I'm done. 15 years ... I've got my fill of SDCC. Too chaotic these nowadays, too expensive ($175 next year), and it's too "Hollywood". Sorry. No más.

Toadlet

Thanks for sharing your sightings, Narfcake. You saw a bunch that I didn't. It looks like our Comic-Con paths never crossed though. Too bad it won't happen next year. It was ridiculously hard to get a 2012 pass so I wasn't sure that I could go next year, and I actually want to.

I appear to be melting.

Narfcake

Toadlet wrote:Thanks for sharing your sightings, Narfcake. You saw a bunch that I didn't. It looks like our Comic-Con paths never crossed though.

Ditto that you saw quite a few I didn't. And for those wondering, the multiple sightings of a single shirt aren't the same person. For the 5x sighting of The Epic Begins, four of those sightings was walking opposite to a massive line and the 5th was further down, so unless someone managed to replicate themselves, they were definitely worn by multiple individuals.

The thing is, with 130k+ folks in attendance, it's very easy NOT to run into anyone. That's not to say that a smaller crowd would increase those odds significantly, though nine years ago, I did cross paths with this guy 11 times over the four days. That was funny.

Too bad it won't happen next year. It was ridiculously hard to get a 2012 pass so I wasn't sure that I could go next year, and I actually [i]want to[i].

On the trolley, folks were saying that it was a 3-4 hour wait in the morning to get 2012 passes.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

I'm still waiting to see one of my own Woot designs in the wild, but I did see a TeeFury shirt I did in person at the movies last night. I personally thanked the guy for putting money in my pocket.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
thatrobert wrote:I'm still waiting to see one of my own Woot designs in the wild, but I did see a TeeFury shirt I did in person at the movies last night. I personally thanked the guy for putting money in my pocket.

I'm usually a little surprised when someone comments on my shirt. I think having the creator spot me would...well. 'Freak out' seems a bit extreme, but it would definitely imbalance my day, despite thinking it would be totally cool as well.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

thatrobert

Mavyn wrote:I'm usually a little surprised when someone comments on my shirt. I think having the creator spot me would...well. 'Freak out' seems a bit extreme, but it would definitely imbalance my day, despite thinking it would be totally cool as well.

Yeah, I wouldn't say his response was necessarily welcoming. He might have been a little freaked. I probably convinced him to buy his shirts from Walmart from now on -- just to be safe.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

"It's a Trap" - about quarter to six-ish, @ 13th and Broadway (outside Forbidden Planet).

Toadlet

Narfcake wrote:And for those wondering, the multiple sightings of a single shirt aren't the same person. For the 5x sighting of The Epic Begins, four of those sightings was walking opposite to a massive line and the 5th was further down, so unless someone managed to replicate themselves, they were definitely worn by multiple individuals.

On the trolley, folks were saying that it was a 3-4 hour wait in the morning to get 2012 passes.

I actually had many multiple sightings, especially of The Epic Begins... But since I wasn't sure if it was the same person, I decided not to list the re-occurances.

Yeah, I think the wait depended on where you were in the line and on what day. If you managed to squeeze in the line early enough without camping out overnight (6am maybe?), 3-4 hours sounds right. If you count getting line at 1am Sunday like I felt I had to, then 7 hours... And only the first 2000? or so each day had any real chance of getting the full 4 day + preview night pass due to the daily limits imposed. Ridiculous.

I appear to be melting.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
PixelPants wrote:This may seem sad but I got excited each time Narfcake mentioned seeing people wearing Shelf Life in the wild. It's cool to think people I haven't met are wearing something I designed. That plus I still haven't seen mine yet. Shirt delivery to Australia can not be rushed.

Hardly sad....I got ridiculously excited when I saw In Harmony on his list.

awksauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awksauce

I've actually only seen two Woot shirts during my 4 month knowledge of their existence. The fisrt was The Cake is a Liar worn by a man who passed by me on the sidewalk and Death Served Till Noon on a toddler in a stroller. Pretty cool seeing Woots in person for sure.

ozgrl12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozgrl12

i was in cape may w/the 'rents and passed robbie's tofu shirt while i was wearing draxxx's sleepy hollow design.

also saw the choice was not hard and someone who knew the right thing to stand for on the boardwalk.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Saw Meh, Instruments of Ctrl, and Cloak of Visibility (first shirt I've seen on a kid before) at the Atlanta airport, all while wearing the amazing Pocketless Universe.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb

I was taking tickets at the Denver County Fair on Saturday. @-@ came in. I merely noted that I hadn't gotten one in a random package.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

I was walking around a mall near Charleston, SC today and I saw someone wearing the shirt I did with Walmazan, In the Library with the Wrench.

Obviously, I was very excited. I think it's the third woot shirt I've ever seen in the wild--made extra special because it was my own.

I went up to him and introduced myself. He was very nice and excited to meet me, as were his friends. They took some pictures of me with him, and I wish I was in the right frame of mind to have them take a picture of me and him using my phone.

So if you're out there Chris--would you mind posting those pics? :D

marchchcic7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marchchcic7

Had my first sighting today! While wearing Four Classmates and sitting in the front of a store people watching, a little kid, anywhere from 4-6, walked by wearing Acquired Taste (which I also have). If I was outside, I would have said something. Alas, I just stared at him as he walked by. We did make eye contact. That counts, right?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 130 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Saw a guy wearing "Release the Cuddlin’" at a japanese food resturant in Austin yesterday. I was wearing Ouroboros but was with a friend. =D Still pretty neat.

Also saw a guy wearing "Fat Unicorn" at a random gas pump a few weeks ago.

starksfam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starksfam

The guy who sold me olives at the Farmers Market this weekend was wearing "You Can't Catch Me." Pretty remarkable considering it's only been available for 9 days... [must have paid for shipping ]

Narfcake

starksfam wrote:The guy who sold me olives at the Farmers Market this weekend was wearing "You Can't Catch Me." Pretty remarkable considering it's only been available for 9 days... [must have paid for shipping ]

Mine came on Friday (one week), so it was doable via SnailPost.

cat thing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cat thing

Last night (evening I guess), I saw a guy wearing Scissors, Paper, Rock at the A.C. Moore in Woburn. I wasn't wearing a Woot shirt, so I didn't say anything...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I saw "I’m not prickley on the inside…" today on the Amazon campus as well as CMDixon's "Some Assembly Required" (which didn't print here, but still...). Last week I saw Suburban Blitzkrieg and a couple of others that have slipped my mind.

Also I just spotted "If I Only Had a Brain" on the front page of Yahoo on a story about a boy born on 9/11.

thatrobert

tgentry wrote:I saw "I’m not prickley on the inside…" today on the Amazon campus as well as CMDixon's "Some Assembly Required" (which didn't print here, but still...). Last week I saw Suburban Blitzkrieg and a couple of others that have slipped my mind.

Also I just spotted "If I Only Had a Brain" on the front page of Yahoo on a story about a boy born on 9/11.

Just came here to post the same thing about "If I Only Had a Brain". Here's the image: