apocello42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages apocello42

One of the guys in the IGN Live Assassins Creed 3 trailer launch is wearing a woot shirt.
Video Link: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/05/ign-live-presents-the-debut-of-assassins-creed-iii-part-1 (Skip to the middle)

Shirt: http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4785354

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
ignorant wrote:

On episode #8 of Game On on the TWiT network, Veronica Belmont was wearing A Lot Of This Going Around

Nice shot. Looks like a scene from the exorcist.

Nothing follows.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

As promised, I kept track of the woot shirts I saw people wearing at TotalCon, a board game/RPG convention here in Massachusetts. It wasn't quite as much of a shirt-woot-rich environment as I expected, but I did see at least one every day!

Thursday 2/23/12
I wore: Do Not Pass Go
I saw: He'll Probably Be Okay - which will now go down in my personal history as The First Woot Shirt I Ever Saw Someone Other Than Myself Wearing

Friday 2/24/12
I wore: In the Library With the Wrench - I got a lot of comments on this one; people seemed to really dig it. One guy even said "Hey, you're wearing a woot shirt!" He was wearing a Settlers of Catan shirt at the time, but said that he has several woot shirts and his favorite is "The Binge".
I saw: Click or Treat - I had another conversation about woot shirts with the guy who was wearing it, too.

Saturday 2/25/12
I wore: They Call Me... Tim - I had run out of board-game-related shirts by this point, but I figured this would serve just as well to show my geek cred.
I saw: The Binge - Finally! In spite of this being the most popular woot shirt, I've never seen anyone wearing it before. I spotted it on a guy at the hotel's breakfast buffet, which I thought was kind of apropos. And it wasn't the same person who told me on Friday that it was his favorite woot shirt, so I now know firsthand that at least two people own it.
Life Choices - This one really stands out in person! I spotted it from pretty far away, so I didn't get a chance to say anything to the woman who was wearing it.

Also on Saturday, I made it to the semi-finals of the regional qualifiers for the national Settlers of Catan tournament! That was way better than I was expecting to do, and even though I knew I'd get crushed in the semi-finals (and did), it was still really exciting! Err... what was that I said about geek cred? *gigglesnorts, pushes glasses up nose*

Sunday:
I saw: Odd Bear Out - I happened to spot this in the hallway, worn by the guy who was sporting "Click or Treat" on Friday. He was a big guy, too - more proof that burly men can totally pull off woot shirts with adorable animals on them!

Sadly, my boyfriend got a really bad case of food poisoning on Saturday night, so we didn't end up doing anything at the con on Sunday (although a friend who was there with us did win the Stone Age tournament they were holding!). I don't remember what shirt I wore, but I don't think I bothered dipping into my shirt.woot stash just to go back and forth from the hotel room to the car. I might have missed out on a woot shirt or two that day, but it was cool to spot as many as I did over the rest of the weekend!

BTW, for anyone who lives in southern New England (and not necessarily even that close - I know people came from Maine and Albany, and probably further away too) and enjoys board games or RPGs, I highly recommend TotalCon! It's relatively cheap and TONS of fun.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox

Spotted Super Effective at the VancouFur convention over the weekend... (I wore Warpigs, The Cheese is a Liederkranz and Clockwork Crow - all three were commented on positively throughout the weekend.)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Spotted The Umbrellas and the Foxfall hoodie on Monday!

I'm just hanging out, really.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

I saw the Binge about 3 months ago before I even knew about shirt woot. It was so funny!

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke

i work in retail so i see a lot of random people in a days time. my funniest woot shirt story does not involve a woot shirt at all. one night a couple of guys came through and i said to one of them "i own that shirt, too" and he said "it's a woot shirt" and i had to burst his bubble. it was actually one from threadless called 'time fades'.

i have seen two woot shirts in my store, although i did not strike up any woot related conversations with their wearers. quite some time ago i saw 'revenge of the damsels' and one day last week a couple of one of my coworkers friends came in to visit her and one of them was wearing 'lucky park'.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Saw only 2 Woot shirts on my fortnight in the Bay area. Both royal blue, but neither was "The Binge".

2 weeks ago went out for sushi lunch in Sunnyvale and saw a guy wearing "Fresh Ideas". Also spotted "Misfortune" on the rack at a Goodwill in Campbell this past Tuesday.

modernchaot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages modernchaot

I saw one or two in public. One time a Fry's Electronics employee even said to me "Nice Woot shirt" and then had the pleasure to explain to an older lady what Woot is. Also I saw them from time to time on DudeLikeHella and KatersOneSeven on YouTube...

I make YouTube videos: youtube.com/lufthansa7478

I also have shirts to trade, so PM me... I dare you to!

rogue8402

I was watching season one of The Big Bang Theory again and noticed that Leonard was wearing Global Thermonuclear War:

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

In the last few weeks in San Antonio I've seen Ghost Writer, The Binge and Cell Division. I also saw Aztec Sunset at Disney World in December.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
missmelis wrote:Thursday 2/23/12
I wore: Do Not Pass Go

Friday 2/24/12
I wore: In the Library With the Wrench

Thanks for the support

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
rogue8402 wrote:I was watching season one of The Big Bang Theory again and noticed that Leonard was wearing Global Thermonuclear War:

That would be impossible unless someone has a time machine.

move along

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:That would be impossible unless someone has a time machine.

(I thought that last night when I read it and didn't feel like digging)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

missmelis

kevlar51 wrote:Thanks for the support

No problem - those shirts rule! If I saw another board game-themed print from you and Walmazan, I might even have to give in and buy it on Anvil! (I know you tried with "Ukraine is Strong", so I totally understand if you guys are burned out on the concept.)

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

missmelis

Once again, I'm posting this belatedly, but I have another sighting. I was at a They Might Be Giants/Jonathan Coulton show in Providence, RI last Friday and spotted someone wearing Minor Modifications.

I was wearing Ironic Bunny, which is one of my favorites. Although, I would probably refer to half of the woot shirts I own as "my favorites", so that doesn't narrow it down that much!

rogue8402

Mavyn wrote:

(I thought that last night when I read it and didn't feel like digging)

Nice!

That's so wierd... check out the episode The Luminous Fish Effect, from the point when Leonard is walking up the stairs with Sheldon's mother and see what you think of it. He's wearing a jacket with it but I totally thought it was that shirt.

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1

Saw "Winning the Race" on Saturday...

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe

Spotted a Bantha-phant at Disneyworld either yesterday or today, it all blurs together after a while . . .

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

I saw We're More Than Famous at the hospital today. It looked really good, made me wish I'd bought it... one day too late.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

A Walmazan has been discovered in the land of nature films

Not by me of course.

Yes, It's safe to click.

Edit: link is broken now.

Nothing follows.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I saw a guy wearing The Cheese is a Liederkranz behind me in line at Lowes this weekend. I would have said something but I felt bad for holding up the line buying a washing machine.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow

Does George Takei posting The Three Classical States of Matter on his facebook page count?

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko

Saw someone wearing Going to a Cheesier Place at the bridge tournament in Memphis. Looked really good across the room - made me think I should have bought it.

missmelis

Earlier this week, at an author event in Harvard Square, I spotted someone wearing The Birthplace of Inspiration. The print on that shirt looks great in person... seeing it in real life made me regret my decision not to get it for my bf, which I had thought about for a while before it was reckoned.

After a full year of wooting in which I never saw a single woot shirt in the wild, I now feel like I'm seeing them everywhere. Okay, 3 discrete locations does not technically add up to "everywhere", but still... the woot shirts seem to be coming out of the woodwork around me this month!

Fujiko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fujiko
missmelis wrote:... the woot shirts seem to be coming out of the woodwork around me this month!

So... out of the wootwork?

Saw All Hands on Deck today. I have a copy too - great shirt.

bluejester

quality posts: 559 Private Messages bluejester

Warmer weather means we will be seeing more shirts in the wild. Leastways that's my guess.

missmelis

Fujiko wrote:So... out of the wootwork?

Indeed! +1 for that pun...

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

I saw That Is The Question at the Whole Foods in Winston-Salem yesterday. My husband was wearing a woot shirt, but had it covered up by a sweatshirt, so it wasn't visible.

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag

i saw my first wild woot this weekend! at academy in san antonio, i saw a guy wearing In the Library with the Wrench, one of my absolute all time favorite shirts (and one that i missed out on because i came to woot too late...sad face). i said something to him about it, and we talked about woot for like 10 minutes. it was awesome. it felt like we were part of some secret club or something.

we are the wooters...world beware.

and i didn't see any other woot shirts there, but i wore my Aquired Taste to a gun show on saturday and got a lot of comments.

haxrfun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haxrfun

I (think I) saw a Caffeine Powerup today. I live in a rural area and never saw one here, but on spring break in San Antonio: ding! I also happened to be wearing Epic Fail at the time. I'll probably will see more as I'm heading to Seattle in July. (If it doesn't rain the entire time.)

black

quality posts: 0 Private Messages black

I saw some one on campus (UH) where the nude cupcake shirt Houston, TX.

pamwillden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pamwillden

I just found this thread. I didn't even know it existed. I posted this on the shirts thread, but I'll post it here:

Just in case no one else noticed...uniCONE has been on the news! It started with this kid's thank you letter to a meteorologist that went viral. Here's the story:

Local Students thank you note goes viral

THEN...the kid was interviewed on KVUE and he wore this shirt! Check it out!

Author of best thank you note ever!

As soon as I saw the kid in the shirt, I thought "huh..that looks like a woot! shirt". So I came here to make sure it was it, and it was!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

I was watching Nadia G's Bitchin' Kitchen (episode labeled Underground Nadventures)tonight after I got home. The last "underground subculture" they were making fun of was "The Gamer" and lo-and behold, there was a shirt.woot tee:

tjost's The Binge

starksre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages starksre

saw "thats how i roll" in linear algebra this morning. the color was such much bolder then shown online it looked great! you go ochopika!

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth

Spotted "The Cheese is a Liederkranz" on the guy who does the meankitty channel on YouTube, if anyone remembers him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEk1xDsifAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

kestrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kestrad

A panel speaker at Anime Boston today was wearing a "The Binge" shirt.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I saw "Grilled Cheese" today, on a barista at Unicorn in Evanston. I was all "hello there, barista, I am pointing out that you are wearing a shirt.woot shirt!" and he was all "good eye! you know your shirts!" and then I was like "I'm a volmod there--yeah, I'm a pretty big deal on the internets" and then he was like "woah, you are so cool! you must get a lot of free shirts!" and then I so went "hahaha! yeah I get PAID in shirts like a BAU555! My house is built out of shirt bricks because I am so shirt rich from my shirt volmodding!" and he was like all "wow, that's so awesome I should be your friend" and then I was all "uh, hahaha no not really, for serious I get nothing, why am I so bad at jokes?" and then I like totally took my bag o' beans and scurried the hells away because why am I allowed out in public?
So there was that.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
goldenthorn wrote:I saw "Grilled Cheese" today, on a barista at Unicorn in Evanston. I was all "hello there, barista, I am pointing out that you are wearing a shirt.woot shirt!" and he was all "good eye! you know your shirts!" and then I was like "I'm a volmod there--yeah, I'm a pretty big deal on the internets" and then he was like "woah, you are so cool! you must get a lot of free shirts!" and then I so went "hahaha! yeah I get PAID in shirts like a BAU555! My house is built out of shirt bricks because I am so shirt rich from my shirt volmodding!" and he was like all "wow, that's so awesome I should be your friend" and then I was all "uh, hahaha no not really, for serious I get nothing, why am I so bad at jokes?" and then I like totally took my bag o' beans and scurried the hells away because why am I allowed out in public?
So there was that.

Goldenthorn, I love your posts. They make me laugh, like, totally!

07/11/14

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05

This isn't exactly a "sighting" but I thought it fit here:

Weekend before last I was out on base at Ft. Bragg, NC for a music/atheist festival called Rock Beyond Belief. I wore Schrodinger's Equation, and 7 different people stopped me and told me that they owned the shirt as well. Considering the festival had about 5-6000 attendees, 8 people who owned the same Woot shirt seems statistically significant.