ochopika

quality posts: 27 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

tgentry wrote:I saw a guy wearing The Cheese is a Liederkranz behind me in line at Lowes this weekend. I would have said something but I felt bad for holding up the line buying a washing machine.

I think he would have been thrilled to meet such a big Woot star such as yourself! I'm not trying for brownie points, just sayin' I'd be super psyched if I randomly met another woot artist in person. Actually I hope I don't cuz I would probably be so spastic with happiness that I'd scare them away.

On another topic... this isn't a woot sighting but it's a cute story about a woot shirt so I guess it can go here. I wore "Toucan Sheds his Tint" to work today. I work at a preschool and one of the two-year-olds looked at it and said "There's..there's a bird on your shirt, teacher! Oh no the color is coming off its..its nose!" It was the cutest thing ever.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

So I'll be at C2E2 this weekend. I plan on making totally-not-awkward "conversation" with people wearing woot shirts by pointing at them and shouting "hey, woot shirt! Cool!" and then they'll either ignore me and keep walking on or they'll just stare at the weird pointing gal because they didn't hear me or understand me and also I'm pretty scary.

Anyway, I'll be there Friday in I-don't-yet-know-probably-my-Garrus-shirt-because-he-is-my-spacekitty-dinosaur-boyfriend-even-though-it-would-be-a-bit-on-the-nose-for-a-nerd-convention-doncha-think? and all day Saturday in my 8-bit tuxedo shirt (because I'm classy like that), so if anyone happens to go, say "hi!" if you see me.

I WILL REPORT BACK WITH THE EXCITING RESULTS.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
goldenthorn wrote:... also I'm pretty scary.

It's that extra 11/16 of an inch, isn't it?

/hides

Edit to correct what was obviously a heinous typo.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:It's that extra 3/16 of an inch, isn't it?

/hides

Umm, excuse you, it's 11/16ths of an inch and I'll thank you to remember it, madame! Harrumph.

Mavyn

goldenthorn wrote:Umm, excuse you, it's 11/16ths of an inch and I'll thank you to remember it, madame! Harrumph.

:D

A friend of mine used to say he was 6 foot 17 inches.

(and, to be fair, I was accurate...most people don't question demarking a half inch. It's the added 3/16th between a half and 11/16ths that stands above the rest)

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:
(and, to be fair, I was accurate...most people don't question demarking a half inch. It's the added 3/16th between a half and 11/16ths that stands above the rest)

Common vernacular habitries explained? Accuracy acknowledged? Friendliness and good humour displayed? "Harrumph," I said, and "harrumph" I continue to say! GOOD DAY, MADAME.

Mavyn

goldenthorn wrote:Common vernacular habitries explained? Accuracy acknowledged? Friendliness and good humour displayed? "Harrumph," I said, and "harrumph" I continue to say! GOOD DAY, MADAME.

Harrumph!

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2

My first Woot sighting! I saw "He'll Probably be Okay" at Ikea today, on a woman who was shopping with a friend so I didn't say anything. I was wearing "Read", but I don't know if she noticed.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I saw quite a few woot shirts at the con today, like Hoot or Die!, Acquired Taste, The Binge, It Came Out of Nowhere, Pirate Exercise, Poison, 8-Bit Tux (not on me--mine's tomorrow), Dr. Adorable Love Potion, @-@, aaaaaand... I don't remember the others. Brain tired. More seeing doing done and posted tomorrow? More seeing doing done and posted tomorrow, indeed.

Sigh, after the first few people at whom I pointed and smiled and looked all friendly and exclaimed "hey! Shirt.woot shirt! Cool!" completely and utterly ignored me like I was invisible or dead and a ghost and I just don't know it yet directed by M.Night Shyamalan... well, I just gave up saying anything after that.

dasknave

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dasknave

I've had two sightings. One was at Disneyland CA of the Cheese Turtles fighting the Shredder shortly after Christmas 2010.

The second happened today as I was parking my bike at work. Someone came up to the bike racks to get their own bike and was wearing ICooN. I merely commented that it was a shame it finally got reckoned and made my way in. Not sure if the guy worked here or was just a patient. (I work in a hospital so it's entirely possible.)

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

I've seen two wild shirt.woot shirts in nyc after never seeing them besides at conventions or my college campus!

One was Epic Fail, but that was downtown so I wasn't surprised. I didn't say anything since he was half a block away and with a friend.

The other was as I was parking my car, on the sidewalk someone walking by was wearing Red Revenge. I hopped out and excitedly pointed it out, hopefully not looking too much like an over excited creeper. I couldn't help myself, it was surprising to see such a shirt in the bronx, where there aren't many internet savvy/graphic tee wearing folk.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Spotted Pie-rate chart on today's sun toasts flesh up Parents blog entry:

http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/post/21725116962/birthday-week-celebrations-pt-ii

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
endangeredomega wrote:Spotted Pie-rate chart on today's sun toasts flesh up Parents blog entry:

http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/post/21725116962/birthday-week-celebrations-pt-ii

I think "Brittany" just wants an excuse to eat more cake.

move along

endangeredomega

j5 wrote:I think "Brittany" just wants an excuse to eat more cake.

And thanks to the new blanks, she could eat all the cake she likes and still stay the same size. Nifty, that!

msklzannie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie

I finally had my first in-the-wild shirt.woot sighting today. (I figure seeing them on my own brother who introduced me to woot or people I've given shirts to don't count.) I stopped at Walmart and saw an older gentleman wearing 1971 - Floppy Diskette. I told him I had worn the same shirt yesterday, and he said, "Oh, you must visit woot."

I wasn't wearing a shirt.woot shirt because I had just attended a "Life Celebration" (aka funeral).

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1

I saw a green shirt with the Woot! logo on it a few days ago...if that counts.

jagendorf

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jagendorf

I saw the shirt Leonardo today in class. I think the guy wears woot shirts on a regular basis, but I can't always see his shirt. I'm always trying to get a look at the front of his shirt at the end of class which seems a little weird.

Bilyum it up all day long!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
jagendorf wrote:I'm always trying to get a look at the front of his shirt at the end of class which seems a little weird.

This might be much weirder if your classmate were female!

I had an unusual woot encounter several weeks ago: it was the week that "Free Hugs" was debuted and disappeared within the span of a week. The day after it was removed, I was getting off an elevator and a woman who was wearing it was getting on. I did a double-take, because it was so new - she must have had it overnighted - and shouted at her, "Hey, did you notice that it got pulled down?" while gesturing at my chest. She had this confused look on her face and then it cleared, her eyes got big, and she said, "REALLY?!? Why?" And I said, "Copyright, maybe printed at another site first, not sure!" She says, "Woah!" And then the elevator doors closed.

I was impressed at the amount of information we managed to communicate in about 20 seconds!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko

Shirt sighting on Community last night. Abed was wearing "Eats Shoots and Leaves" during his first scene of the show.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
SirGecko wrote:Shirt sighting on Community last night. Abed was wearing "Eats Shoots and Leaves" during his first scene of the show.

that wasn't my shirt. that was a shirt which appears to be someone has spilled ink on it.

endangeredomega

Spotted a scant handful of Woot shirts at this weekend's MoCCA-Fest Art Festival here in NYC. Currently too drained + exhausted to look up names/titles.

sunaness

Passed by someone wearing Ninja Blade today at Hunter College in nyc. I was surprised since the shirt is relatively new!

thebowlingjew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thebowlingjew

I saw "Hey! Listen!" at the Shop 'N Save in Crestwood, MO last night.

Me: "Love the shirt!"

Him: ::grumble grumble grumble::

Me:

kalira

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kalira

After years of no sightings except for spotting "The Binge" in an enormous crowd at a folk festival a year and a half ago, I have not one but TWO sightings within twelve hours of each other. (cue gasps of amazement)

First, I spotted "Watch the Doctor" on one of the actresses in the musical I'm backstage manager for. She hasn't recognized any of my shirts, though I wear woot! shirts to every rehearsal (random FYI: I was wearing "Curiosity" when I noticed her shirt), so I don't think she keeps up to date constantly. We talked about them for a minute or so, and she apparently has a couple more, including a "Bandolier of Carrots" she likes to wear while feeding her guinea pigs (best comment I heard all night).

Second sighting happened this morning when I was trolling YouTube for something to distract me from the loud people in the office next door. Cory Williams (of "Mean Kitty" fame) has a video up on his channel where he's wearing "The Cheese is a Liederkranz." No word on whether he's a shirt.woot! afficionado, but that one was hanging out right on the thumbnail image for the video. (Looking at the comments, it appears someone has, within the last day, actually commented on the fact that he's got a woot! shirt on -- it's not me, but it IS cool that other people are out there noticing these things too.)

lxjones5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lxjones5

Saw a gentleman wearing The Cake Is A Liar while visiting the National Zoo in DC this Spring. He seemed as plesantly surprised by my recognizing it as I was of seeing a woot! shirt in the wild.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Had my first sighting last night while waiting in line for the Avengers. Saw someone wearing doomcat's Unstealthiest Ninja. I was wearing Farewell to Arms.

Exciting stuff!

endangeredomega

Saw a gentleman wearing "Four Seasons in One Day" at Times Sq AMC yesterday. Didn't have a Woot of my own on, as I was part of a group decked out in Avengers cosplay gear. :"/

starksre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages starksre

Saw a guy wearing cell division in math and saw brains walking back from it. good day!

SirGecko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirGecko
midgerock wrote:that wasn't my shirt. that was a shirt which appears to be someone has spilled ink on it.

Oops, I guess I really just wanted it to be that shirt cause I love it so much. My bad.

endangeredomega

The exceptionally helpful young lady who rang up my purchases at Forbidden Planet here in NYC last Thursday was sporting "Knightly Knerd".

sunaness

Found this picture of someone wearing The Rat Is Our Patron while surfing this DIY crafting blog, the way it's just casually in the shot made me happy. Shirt.woot is spreading :D

wanderbug2

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wanderbug2

I saw a woman in "1971-Floppy Diskette" leaving the post office yesterday. The design really looks great on the shirt, too.

Funny, so far I've only seen other women in woot shirts-and only when I'm somehow also connected to a woot shirt myself. I wasn't wearing one, but I was at the post office to mail a couple of woot shirts to a friend so was carrying two.

endangeredomega

Spotted what appeared to be cmdixon2's "Collision" on Thurs afternoon, quarter-to-five-ish, near Broadway and 8th. Saw it only in passing and didn't get a close look, so it could have simply been a different design with a similar colour-scheme.

endangeredomega

Second television sighting of "Death Served Before Noon", this time on one of the chefs on Bravo's "Around the World in 80 Plates".

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1

Just saw Elephicanswim at the bar, which is amazing cause it's rare and I also own it.

endangeredomega

Spotted Octospelled on a bearded gentleman at Trader Joe's in Chelsea, around half-past nine on Sunday morning.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Saw Relative Dimensions on a dude at the grocery store this past morning. I was wearing Not Paying Attention. He and his girlfriend noticed my shirt as I approached and smile-nodded at me while I, in my soaked post-workout stupor, stared blankly at these rando's smiling at me at 9.30am on a Sunday. Then I realized what shirt the guy had on and what shirt I had on, so I grinned back quite wildly and croaked "yay, shirt.woot!" Thus we passed in the night: two greatships and a listing, leaking fishing trawler.

macmankev

quality posts: 6 Private Messages macmankev

I geeked out when I saw one of my favorite shirts, A Novel Idea in the last episode of Wil Wheaton's Table Top.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
macmankev wrote:I geeked out when I saw one of my favorite shirts, A Novel Idea in the last episode of Wil Wheaton's Table Top.

Thats awesome! Bonus my wife and I love Eureka too. Glad you enjoy the shirt as well, I loved making it

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
endangeredomega wrote:Spotted Pie-rate chart on today's Surely They Fear Upheavel Parents blog entry:

I love Es-Tee-Eff-Ewe Parents! That site is one of my favoritests.