ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

First woot sighting in the wild!! I saw someone wearing "I'm A Humanitarian" in Monument Square, Portland, Maine a couple weeks ago.

He was walking with his wife/girlfriend and was carrying a bunch of shopping bags. He looked pretty grumpy about it.... ah, tourists. I didn't say anything because it took my brain too long to process that I'd actually seen a wild woot shirt on a stranger.

Also, my mother told me she met a Woot enthusiast in a shop in Gaithersburg, Maryland. My mom was wearing one of my shirts, and a random lady stopped and said "Ochopika is one of my favorite woot artists!". I almost died of ego-inflation when my mom told me about this.

geminitriplets

quality posts: 3 Private Messages geminitriplets

I know everyone in my town that wears Woot shirts... I'm the mailman!

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe

Not exactly in the wild, but I was very pleased to see my 8 year old come downstairs this morning decked out in Acquired Taste for school picture day. Last year's picture was Laundry Day.

This makes me extra-happy because my husband used to pick on me for suggesting the kids wear certain things or, I don't know, comb their hair before picture day. So I totally backed off, and now he's all, "Uh, are you going to let him wear that zombie shirt?"

YES. YES I AM.

wepnar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wepnar

I saw a guy wearing "Aww and Order" at the San Gennaro Festival in Little Italy, New York City last weekend. I was actually wearing a Captain KYSO shirt that day but I didn't have time to say anything to the guy before he was lost in the crowd.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Was driving my grandmother around downtown Chicago when, zoning out at a stoplight, I watched a dude wandering around all confused on Columbus Dr. He was wearing DianaSprinkle's Schrodinger's Cat shirt. He looked pretty lost. *Sniffs dismissively and waves hand all flip-flip-flip snooty-like* Quite likely a tourist or from the suburbs.

Also saw a guy wearing Existential Whale in Wicker Park the other week. I smiled and exclaimed "hey, cool shirt.woot shirt" at him but he had headphones on and walked on by as if I wasn't even part of his Reality. I retaliated by diminishing his validity of Being by refusing to acknowledge his existence in my Reality.

'Til now.

... damn it.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
goldenthorn wrote:

Also saw a guy wearing Existential Whale in Wicker Park the other week. I smiled and exclaimed "hey, cool shirt.woot shirt" at him but he had headphones on and walked on by as if I wasn't even part of his Reality. I retaliated by diminishing his validity of Being by refusing to acknowledge his existence in my Reality.

'Til now.

... damn it.

Don't worry. It's a Thursday. Nothing counts on Thursdays.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Don't worry. It's a Thursday. Nothing counts on Thursdays.

Unfortunately, I checked and it turns out that pants still count on Thursdays.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Saw a guy at the "Sci-Fi Dine In Theater" @ Disney Werd wearing Casual Friday
I was sporting this:
so I didn't say anything.

move along

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

A while back, I was leaving an outdoor concert at night and ran into a woman wearing Family Breakfast. I said, "Woot shirt! Not sure if you can tell, but I'm wearing Nevermore!" She responded, "It just looks like a dark gray shirt, but I believe you!"

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

Two times Curiosity in two days - last night at Ikea Covina was Collin's cats, and today outside Caltech was Fishbiscuit's Martian rover.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Yesterday at Six Flags New England I ran into someone wearing The Binge. I was wearing Hold Still Guys. He looked at my shirt, I looked at his. I would have said something, if not for the fact that we were waiting in the me's room while I was holding my dirty-diaper-irritated toddler.

Awkward situation for a "hey, nice woot shirt."

chiobio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chiobio

One of my classmates was wearing an Ochopika shirt the other day. Apparently, it is her sister who buys shirts at Woot as she asked me, days later, where I got my awesome shirts from. I was a little confused for a moment, lol.

tippypaws

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tippypaws

Last week I saw "5 Second Rule" at the Honda Dealership. I didn't realize it was a Woot shirt at the first until I saw it on the new Woot Plus sale today.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

Mike Brown was fired today as the head coach of the Lakers. He then apparently went to CFA where he took a picture with someone wearing a familiar looking shirt.

cmillard1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cmillard1

Saw a "Motivation" tonight and I believe it was a long-sleeve edition.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit

Brother-in-law dragged me to the shooting range. Was wearing my Xenophile when I saw some girl in the aisle next to me wearing Curiosity

We smiled at each other and proceeded to shoot things...

tahtah63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tahtah63

I work at PVD airport. Today I saw a guy wearing a woot shirt. I think the name of the shirt is "Beware, migrating birds"
Its a bird flying with a bowling ball.

littleedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littleedge
tahtah63 wrote:I work at PVD airport. Today I saw a guy wearing a woot shirt. I think the name of the shirt is "Beware, migrating birds"
Its a bird flying with a bowling ball.

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/a-simple-question-of-weight-ratios
It wasn't this one, was it? That's a Monty Python reference and I'd be disappoint if you didn't see that (if it was this shirt indeed).

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

I saw Let's Get Sauced for sale at Goodwill.

I went ahead and bought it even though it's a 3XL. I'll add it to my Shirts For Bolivia stash.

ETA: Just realized when I looked up the shirt page, that one of my 7 Parade Float's was on that shirt.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

I saw Procrastination University this afternoon at Walmart. We went just to walk off our heavy meal before it got crazy. Saw some folks sitting in line for some big ticket items, but it was actually a good time to just walk around.

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

HA! Not only did I see a shirt on a total stranger, but it just happened to be the same shirt I was wearing! At the panera bread in Tyson's Corner mall, shirt in question is the awesome Consider Yourself Warned. Is that a Dear Princess Celestia…

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

At the Walt Disney World Marathon expo I saw Boots Boot's "Think of the Children" tee. I gave him some good props for a fine selection. And at the race, a child was wearing SShhhhh!
And in Disney World park..."Know your moons." 8)

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

My first woot shirt sighting on a complete stranger where I totally talked to him! I was out last night at a bar with some friends and towards the end of the night I saw "Metrognome"!

I looked at the guy and said "Metro...gnome...hah! Woot shirt." Just as awkwardly as I had imagined I would (hey it was a long night). He and his friend said they were huge shirt.woot fans! I had to tell them, "oh, that's sooo awesome...umm I made a few shirts for them... the one with the cat making bread...and some others..I'm Ochopika in woot land." They seemed kind of surprised that I was a real person. They didn't even believe me at first...but then I convinced them by saying that it would be a pretty dumb thing to fake...why not pretend to be a more famous artist? Anyways, it was pretty excellent.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

A new patient just came in wearing a patrickspens' Fractal Tree hoodie! I pointed it out as "aww, yeah! That's a woot hoodie!" and we totally bonded (i.e., I excitedly chittered while the patient nodded and smiled) over woot talk. I really wanted to pull up my scrub top and show off my own deadfrog "in addition to your radishes..." tee that I'm wearing today, but I figured that might be a tad unprofessional and creepy. Sigh, social conventions.
Anyway, the guy doesn't venture into the forums so I didn't get to bask in any awe or envy over my glorious all-powerful wootish volmoddery. I was all "yeah, I'm a volmod on woot. I'm kind of a big deal on the internet," and he was all "oh, yeah? Uhh... that's nice." Ugh. WHERE IS MY DAMNED ADORATION, PEOPLE? VOLMOD GOLDENTHORN NEEDS HER INTERNET-BASED VALIDATION.

Mavyn

goldenthorn wrote:A new patient just came in wearing a patrickspens' Fractal Tree hoodie! I pointed it out as "aww, yeah! That's a woot hoodie!" and we totally bonded (i.e., I excitedly chittered while the patient nodded and smiled) over woot talk. I really wanted to pull up my scrub top and show off my own deadfrog "in addition to your radishes..." tee that I'm wearing today, but I figured that might be a tad unprofessional and creepy. Sigh, social conventions.
Anyway, the guy doesn't venture into the forums so I didn't get to bask in any awe or envy over my glorious all-powerful wootish volmoddery. I was all "yeah, I'm a volmod on woot. I'm kind of a big deal on the internet," and he was all "oh, yeah? Uhh... that's nice." Ugh. WHERE IS MY DAMNED ADORATION, PEOPLE? VOLMOD GOLDENTHORN NEEDS HER INTERNET-BASED VALIDATION.

/bows and nods

/repeats

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:/bows and nods

/repeats

Aww, yeaaaah! You always know how to kowtow it juuuust right, you darling Mavyn lady. I annoint thee first and highest blessed in the radiant presence of my Grand And Fulsome Volmodding Godhood, aka I TOTES JUST INTERNET FIST-BUMPED YOU, WHAT-WHAT!!!

/basking

Mavyn

goldenthorn wrote:Aww, yeaaaah! You always know how to kowtow it juuuust right, you darling Mavyn lady. I annoint thee first and highest blessed in the radiant presence of my Grand And Fulsome Volmodding Godhood, aka I TOTES JUST INTERNET FIST-BUMPED YOU, WHAT-WHAT!!!

/basking

Yay! Party time!

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
goldenthorn wrote:A new patient just came in wearing a patrickspens' Fractal Tree hoodie!...

Woo, yay for sightings!

It's been pretty dry with in-the-wild sightings here in SoCal. Closest of something recognizable was a few weeks ago near USC when someone was crossing the street wearing Pocket Monster; I'm not sure if it was of Furious or Turtley origins.

For out-of-body sightings, there were the two Wences shirts I picked up at one Goodwill last Thursday and a third Wences shirt at a different Goodwill the same evening. That was unprecedented - both in that it was the 5th copy of My Morning Sidekick that I've ran across on a thrift store rack (purchased three of, left the other two) and two copies of Fresh Cake in a single day.

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

Went to my first rave ever, and saw a guy wearing Acquired Taste !

nowimgone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nowimgone

There were a lot of them At PAX East. I saw about 20 then I lost count.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I'd like to say sorry to the man last week at Tom Thumb that I kinda freaked out when I pointed to your Celestial Playground shirt and shouted "WOOT SHIRT". I just got a little excited.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

This week's Nostalgia Critic ("Top 11 South Park Episodes") has one of his internet fans wearing Online Debate Team.

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753

Not a shirt, but on an episode of America's Worst Tattoos on TLC, a tattoo of Donut Panic! was featured recently.

aliebowi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliebowi

Saw several woot shirts over the past few weeks in Ann Arbor:

- It Came Out of Nowhere on a girl parking her car.
- Raising the Flag on a small child at the downtown 4th of july parade.
- A Rooster Development on a dude at the laundromat.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

My second sighting in the wild. I saw a teenager wearing Nidhogg while tromping around Muir Woods. Did not approach. My first sighting was Family Portrait on a fellow Dad a couple years ago at an event at my son's school, which is notable as I live in the sticks. We are now good friends.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

A couple of weeks ago we went to watch the fireworks in Colonial Williamsburg, and it was a surreal experience actually sighting my own shirt out in the wild. I saw group of three--two women with two dogs and a man--all three wearing The Reason for the Season on Duke of Gloucester Street--but it was so crowded and they walked by so quickly that I didn't get a chance to say anything...

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
goldenthorn wrote:A new patient just came in wearing a patrickspens' Fractal Tree hoodie! I pointed it out as "aww, yeah! That's a woot hoodie!" and we totally bonded (i.e., I excitedly chittered while the patient nodded and smiled) over woot talk. I really wanted to pull up my scrub top and show off my own deadfrog "in addition to your radishes..." tee that I'm wearing today, but I figured that might be a tad unprofessional and creepy. Sigh, social conventions.

Goldenthorn = Awesome

Sorry I'm not interneteloquent enough to give you your props properly.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
rglee129 wrote:Goldenthorn = Awesome

Sorry I'm not interneteloquent enough to give you your props properly.

You are also over 4 months late, ahahahaha

If you feel you lack skill with words, perhaps you should just draw her a robot? ;)

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

aliebowi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliebowi

More Michigan sightings over the weekend:

- Walmazan's Recurring Dreams at a roller derby bout in Kalamazoo
- When Cowboys Roamed the Earth at a beer/whiskey/bbq-fest in Ferndale

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Guy on my softball team last night showed up wearing apelad's Know Your Bones. I was pretty excited to actually meet someone else who wears woot shirts outside my immediate family. He did not quite share my level of excitement...