+ Add a Comment

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
omgniki wrote:I was at that game, and I saw him, too! =]
He gave me a strange look when I said "woot?" and walked away.

Maybe it was a gift, and he's never heard of woot?

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
omgniki wrote:I was at that game, and I saw him, too! =]
He gave me a strange look when I said "woot?" and walked away.

Heh that guy must have been pretty confused.

omgniki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omgniki

The poor fella probably WAS fairly confused. At least it was a good game? *giggles*.

It seems like there are a ton of wooters in the MD/VA/DC area.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
omgniki wrote:The poor fella probably WAS fairly confused. At least it was a good game? *giggles*.

It seems like there are a ton of wooters in the MD/VA/DC area.

Well I live in Richmond, so if you ever see Mr. Toast walking around it could be me.

ry4nsm1th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ry4nsm1th

I spotted a Say No to Scurvy on campus a few weeks ago.

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

I saw FOUR this weekend at Fanime Con. Considering it's a Japanese animation convention, the geeks were a-plenty.

I can't recall the order, but these are the shirts I spotted:
Man-Boy was being worn by a female staffer. We had a discussion about woot shirts since I actually kinda knew her.
Pumpkin and Ghost was being worn by some guy under an unbuttoned/collared shirt. I did not speak with him because I was too busy getting somewhere else.
1988: The Human Genome Project was technically spotted in Downtown San Jose, I pointed and said "Hey! Woot shirt!" and he acknowledged but not much else. I also saw him later at the Jack in the Box down the street where I spotted...
Plan B which was also being worn by a different guy who was not with the first guy and who acknowledged that they knew it was a woot shirt. Both were con-goers as they had badges, I just happened to catch them outside of the event.

I wore Sputnik and 1986: A Legend is born but no one asked me about them or pointed them out. They were on different days than the ones I spotted.

dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo

[quote postid="2197535" user="TurboGraphx16"]Interesting way to insert a cheap plug for your website on the forums.

Cheap plug? I disagree.

instantkarma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages instantkarma

My friend has the one shirt with the momma dragon giving her baby dragon a knight (I don't know the name of it, I'm sorry) and another one with a vampire that says "sucka!" underneath it. I didn't even know until I saw him a few days ago and went "did you get that from shirt.woot?" and he was like "yeah!". It was pretty sweet...I'll have to try to get a picture of him with it.

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa

I saw a guy in the Porter Square Anna's Taqueria in Cambridge, MA on May 27th, probably around 5PM, wearing Fablefire's 1986 shirt.

My bf was also wearing that shirt that same day, and for a half second I thought this guy was my bf. Luckily, I realized it before I did anything awkward but sadly, I didn't talk to him about the awesomeness of the shirt or woot.

Whoever you are... I have that shirt too. Good choice, man.

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27
instantkarma wrote:My friend has the one shirt with the momma dragon giving her baby dragon a knight (I don't know the name of it, I'm sorry) and another one with a vampire that says "sucka!" underneath it. I didn't even know until I saw him a few days ago and went "did you get that from shirt.woot?" and he was like "yeah!". It was pretty sweet...I'll have to try to get a picture of him with it.

yay dragonly love! it would be neat to see someone other than my immediate family wearing it

maripenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maripenny

I've seen two woot shirts in the last week - my first ones ever!
Saw the Screaming Monkey shirt at the mall on Monday. Said something to her, and she said she got in a Blushing Over Compliments - she said she got about a hundred t-shirts! :O
Last night leaving the Eddie Izzard concert I saw Anatomy Test but I was in a car and couldn't say anything.

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
maripenny wrote:I've seen two woot shirts in the last week - my first ones ever!
Saw the Screaming Monkey shirt at the mall on Monday. Said something to her, and she said she got in a Blushing Over Compliments - she said she got about a hundred t-shirts! :O
Last night leaving the Eddie Izzard concert I saw Anatomy Test but I was in a car and couldn't say anything.

So cool! I went to his website to see where Eddie Izzard was in concert last night and he was here in St. Louis! Someone besides me in St. Louis has an Anatomy Test shirt. Who knew?

Elemental52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elemental52

I was graduating yesterday and was walking around when I spotted this shirt

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Elemental52/IMG_2187.jpg

I found out this guys name was Sam, and this was the only shirt he had bought from woot... and he wore it to my graduating. I still dont know who he was there to see graduate... anyway.. This shirt was found in Lanesville Indiana on 5/31/08 at approx 4:27:31 p.m. EST. I was honored that he wore it to a graduation ceremony.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24

I haven't been spotted or done any spotting myself, but...

I bought Know When to Fold for my father-in-law who enjoys going out to bar poker places here in the Twin Cities. The last time he wore it (this week or last), another player leaned over and said 'I know where you got that!'

To which the F-i-L replied 'Huh?'

'Shirt.Woot!' The other guy replied. The F-i-L then replied that I bought it for him, and the other guy launched into a mini-tutorial on what s.w is. My F-i-L was impressed, and I think he appreciates the shirt a little more now that he knows there are not that many floating around out there of it.

Now only if I could get off of the nightshift, and onto normal schedule, I might see more. There's gotta be some of you out here in the Cities.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

I saw "Nobody's Perfect" in the Dupont Circle area of DC on Saturday night. The guy was with a bunch of people, so I didn't say anything (again... I'm such a male-o). It looked really good on.

LunchMeat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LunchMeat

I used Say No to Scurvy in a self portrait a few weeks back.

mhpatel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhpatel

I am pretty sure I saw The Shredder (skull design by the same guy who did paradisaea) while I was driving in San Diego.

A couple weeks ago I was in Chicago visiting my old roommate and we were talking about the how neither one of has ever spotted woot shirts in the wild. Later that day we are walking through downtown and he is wearing Mental Notes and runs into someone wearing the exact same shirt... and I missed the whole thing because I was looking in some other direction. Needless to say I was disappointed.

phzzt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phzzt

I saw a rather large human being wearing the hungry unicorn one. I seriously busted out laughing when I saw it. No one has recognized my 3D lion one. My friend has a couple shirts too but that's a little too easy.

beazilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beazilla

I saw a senior in my High School wearing Ain't No Party, but I didn't say anything. I also buy a few for my friend, but it doesn't really count when I see her.

jseeba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jseeba

I saw the Shredder (skull) shirt at a farmer's market in Sunnyvale, CA a few weeks back, but didn't get a chance to harass whoever was wearing it.

sparklzk27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparklzk27

I wore woot shirts all weekend hoping to be spotted but no luck

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
LunchMeat wrote:I used Say No to Scurvy in a self portrait a few weeks back.

that is the awesomest self portrait ever.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Um...I'm a Ron Paul supporter and was at the Washington State Republican Party convention wearing my boxing bunny and squirrel (Backyard Brawl?) from the second random woot shirt off...I saw another Ron Paul supporting wearing the one with the Eagle Head with the X in his eye that says "Nothing to see here."

I wish I had thought of that...I would have worn it on day two of the convention when all the McCain supporters walked out...stupid parlimentary shenannigans.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
LunchMeat wrote:I used Say No to Scurvy in a self portrait a few weeks back.

Lunchmeat, I caught this on flickr a week back... we were scanning flickr for good shirts. Must say, one of the best pics

JadenKale

TurboGraphx16 wrote:I think this is a sighting, but I'm not sure.

I've been visiting the website Tuccioholic regularly, and in the "WHO?" section of the site, I think Ken Tuccio is wearing the Lady In The Water shirt.

I might be wrong, cause you can only see 25% of the shirt, but I could swear I saw that shirt on here before.

On a side note, the site's really funny if you've never checked it out.

That is DEFINITELY Zenne's shirt (you tend to remember the ones you go up against most vividly) That's really cool. I can only hope the same for mine one day

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16
JadenKale wrote:That is DEFINITELY Zenne's shirt (you tend to remember the ones you go up against most vividly) That's really cool. I can only hope the same for mine one day

Yeah I thought it might be, but wasn't sure.

I've been reading Ken Tuccio's stuff for a while, he's really hilarious, and when I clicked on the Who? section and saw that I was kind of taken off guard and said, "Is that a Woot shirt?". L-O-L

JadenKale

TurboGraphx16 wrote:Yeah I thought it might be, but wasn't sure.

I've been reading Ken Tuccio's stuff for a while, he's really hilarious, and when I clicked on the Who? section and saw that I was kind of taken off guard and said, "Is that a Woot shirt?". L-O-L

heh, I'm bold enough to run off to his myspace and add him simply because he wore a woot shirt.

drtini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drtini

Before I had heard of Woot, I saw a guy in my dorm with "Ain't No Party" and immediately googled it because I thought it was awesome and was in a class on the American Revolution at the time. My first woot purchase :D.

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet

In sunny SoCal today, we went to Disney's California Adventure to check out the new Midway Mania ride. After going on it three times, my friend Allyson and I walked off to buy some overpriced Disney jewelry while our hubbies rode California Screamin'. She says "didn't you see that guy's shirt? It was a Woot shirt!" No, I didn't,which one? "That guy in the green shirt" she points in his direction. "Just say no to scurvy." I said "I'll be right back" and I go running after him (I'm fifty four years old *laugh*). He was with his family and looked at me like I was nuts when I said "Woot! Can I take a picture of you in your woot shirt?" I told him about this forum and he said "sure".

So, without further ado.....

Oh, yeah, I was wearing the "now let me get this straight" shirt. You knew the people who got it, they smiled.

TurboGraphx16

lisaviolet wrote:In sunny SoCal today, we went to Disney's California Adventure to check out the new Midway Mania ride. After going on it three times, my friend Allyson and I walked off to buy some overpriced Disney jewelry while our hubbies rode California Screamin'. She says "didn't you see that guy's shirt? It was a Woot shirt!" No, I didn't,which one? "That guy in the green shirt" she points in his direction. "Just say no to scurvy." I said "I'll be right back" and I go running after him (I'm fifty four years old *laugh*). He was with his family and looked at me like I was nuts when I said "Woot! Can I take a picture of you in your woot shirt?" I told him about this forum and he said "sure".

So, without further ado.....

Oh, yeah, I was wearing the "now let me get this straight" shirt. You knew the people who got it, they smiled.

Forget the Scurvy shirt, I personally think we're missing the bigger point of this story ... people actually go to Disney's California Adventure.

Who knew?

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Forget the Scurvy shirt, I personally think we're missing the bigger point of this story ... people actually go to Disney's California Adventure.

Who knew?

We really like DCA. And the new ride is SO much fun! Last month they had a lottery for APs for previews of the new ride. We won for Wednesday, my friend won for yesterday, so we went with her and her husband (they live in Anaheim, we live in San Diego). We only went on it four times, our arms were getting sore from shooting targets. I got up to 131,500 points!! First time was 61,100.

Did you know they're planning on doing quite a bit of work there by 2012? Redoing the entrance, , getting rid of Maliboomer, Mulholland Madness, Golden Dreams for instance, and putting in a beer garden! How fun will that be? They're going to take out a lot of what was originally the Bountiful Farm area and putting in a "Cars" land. And a nighttime show over the water.

DH and I like it because it's so relaxing and we LIKE the idea of it not being so crowded. But this is what I've read will be the outcome (new ride wise)

2 E Tickets
2 Cs in Carsland
1 A (trolley)
1 nighttime show

Caligumby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caligumby

I was at the Fresno Zoo the other day on my daughters first birthday and the woman 2 people behind me had the "Say No to Scurvy" shirt on. I asked them how many they have bought in the past and the woman said 3. Her husband has bought at least 20.

This is the opposite for my wife and I as I have only bought a few and she has bought at least 20.

homann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages homann

Saw a guy at my kids' school wearing Grilled Cheese. Maybe that particular shirt isn't surprising since we're in Wisconsin... When I pointed it out to my kids, you would have thought it was a celebrity sighting!

littlejetties

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlejetties

I saw a guy last night at a Wal-Mart in Jacksonville, Fl wearing "factory". I was wearing "lightning bugs". I made a comment, but the guy seemed a little weirded out. So I didn't suggest taking his picture.

WeezTheJuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WeezTheJuice

Not really a sighting, but this one guy that was taking my order at Moe's asked where I got my shirt. I was wearing Madness of Miss Stereo at the time.

DeathBot1406

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeathBot1406

My First Woot sighting and it was a doozie!!

At Dinner eating a yummy Indian feast I casually turn around to see a gentleman wearing “suburban blitzkrieg” I uncontrollably screamed “Wooooot!” across the moderately busy restaurant. Disappointed he did not hear my obnoxious woot call I decided to step it up a notch and go over to his table!!! He was waiting for his meal with his girlfriend by his side and me, a crazed random stranger, barging into their range of sight interrupting their conversation only to say “Woooot” again!! The funny part to all this was not me acting like a complete lunatic in public (it’s a normal thing as my wife knows because she didn’t flinch when she saw me making a scene in the restaurant) was he and I were both wearing “SUBURBAN BLIZTKREIG” He smiled and his girlfriend looked confused so I made her take a picture of us on my cell phone! They were both great sports and hospitable to a psycho on Friday the 13th!! I went back to my table where my wife sat eating all the nan smiling!! My first woot sighting and it was the exact woot shirt I was wearing!!! PERFECT!!!

TurboGraphx16

Well, this one's sort of self-explanatory ...

http://www.tuccioholic.com/folding.htm

... it's pretty funny too.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
DeathBot1406 wrote:My First Woot sighting and it was a doozie!!

At Dinner eating a yummy Indian feast I casually turn around to see a gentleman wearing “suburban blitzkrieg” I uncontrollably screamed “Wooooot!” across the moderately busy restaurant. Disappointed he did not hear my obnoxious woot call I decided to step it up a notch and go over to his table!!! He was waiting for his meal with his girlfriend by his side and me, a crazed random stranger, barging into their range of sight interrupting their conversation only to say “Woooot” again!! The funny part to all this was not me acting like a complete lunatic in public (it’s a normal thing as my wife knows because she didn’t flinch when she saw me making a scene in the restaurant) was he and I were both wearing “SUBURBAN BLIZTKREIG” He smiled and his girlfriend looked confused so I made her take a picture of us on my cell phone! They were both great sports and hospitable to a psycho on Friday the 13th!! I went back to my table where my wife sat eating all the nan smiling!! My first woot sighting and it was the exact woot shirt I was wearing!!! PERFECT!!!

Man that's awesome!

JadenKale

homann wrote:Saw a guy at my kids' school wearing Grilled Cheese. Maybe that particular shirt isn't surprising since we're in Wisconsin... When I pointed it out to my kids, you would have thought it was a celebrity sighting!

You know, just once I want to have a sighting XP... I'm IN Wisconsin... I wear my woot shirts ALL THE TIME (yes, I'm pretty much that male) I swear to God, if I don't have a woot shirt sighting, or am found, at RiverFest coming up the beginning of July... well, I'll cry XP

ok, probably won't cry, but I'd be bummed. So yes, I'm calling out as many MI/MN/WI/IA/IL wooters as are willing to travel to La Crosse for a week long party July 2nd - 6th

DeathBot1406

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeathBot1406

Yeah it was Andy!!! It was a very magical happening!!