+ Add a Comment

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
DeathBot1406 wrote:Yeah it was Andy!!! It was a very magical happening!!

Wow, that's beautiful! I've had several sightings over the last few weeks, but yours trumps them all.

DeathBot1406

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeathBot1406
ansharp wrote:Wow, that's beautiful! I've had several sightings over the last few weeks, but yours trumps them all.

I wanted to have a sighting so bad! i was always curious how I would handle my first sighting, like would i just shy away and not say anything or would I go nuts. Well now I know my reaction so I apologize in advance to anyone I freak out on if they should be wearing a woot shirt!!!

bloczyns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloczyns

We saw Strike! at Disney's Animal Kingdom today!

rosebudflowerpower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rosebudflowerpower
auggie24 wrote:I haven't been spotted or done any spotting myself, but...

I bought Know When to Fold for my father-in-law who enjoys going out to bar poker places here in the Twin Cities. The last time he wore it (this week or last), another player leaned over and said 'I know where you got that!'

To which the F-i-L replied 'Huh?'

'Shirt.Woot!' The other guy replied. The F-i-L then replied that I bought it for him, and the other guy launched into a mini-tutorial on what s.w is. My F-i-L was impressed, and I think he appreciates the shirt a little more now that he knows there are not that many floating around out there of it.

Now only if I could get off of the nightshift, and onto normal schedule, I might see more. There's gotta be some of you out here in the Cities.

i am! i have seen a few shirts at the u, and one guy in my material science class wore a woot shirt at least once a week.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

i still haven't seen one nor been seen, bummer

beazilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beazilla

Saw someone in the low 70's in Manhattan with a Tummy Ache

coachferrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coachferrell

Saw Irony at the June 4th Mariners game.
Saw Alpha Battle on a random person in downtown Seattle.

i wanted to yell "WOOT" at both of them, but decided not to.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
beazilla wrote:Saw someone in the low 70's in Manhattan with a Tummy Ache

Did you offer them a Rolaids? ;)

Greggor88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Greggor88

I've seen someone wearing:

1984: The legend was born
Fat Unicorn
The cake is a liar
Ice Tycoon

and a couple more that I can't remember off the top of my head. My family and friends are big fans of woot shirts, though the sightings I've mentioned above are not of family or friends. All sighted on a college campus ;)

O RLY?

flailsquared

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flailsquared

I saw a guy wearing Unhappy Meeting waiting for the bus at Georgia Tech not too long ago. I wear the 5 or so that I have around campus all the time, but so far I haven't noticed anyone recognizing them as woot!.

afb264

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afb264

So, as I was getting onto the A train today at the Broadway-Nassau stop in NYC, I saw two guys get off. One was wearing Amateur Night (dogs playing poker) and the other was wearing Uh Oh (the helicopter one). The one day I don't wear a woot shirt, seriously.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
afb264 wrote:So, as I was getting onto the A train today at the Broadway-Nassau stop in NYC, I saw two guys get off. One was wearing Amateur Night (dogs playing poker) and the other was wearing Uh Oh (the helicopter one). The one day I don't wear a woot shirt, seriously.

Still have yet to 'be sighted' or 'to sight', but my brother was at the airport (Cleveland, Chicago or John Wayne...can't remember which) and the TSA guy recognized his Zombie Garden shirt. He told him that's why he was selected for the random search. So beware.....your shirt.woot shirt could be a liability. J/j

klswoot

DeathBot1406 wrote:My First Woot sighting and it was a doozie!!

At Dinner eating a yummy Indian feast I casually turn around to see a gentleman wearing “suburban blitzkrieg” I uncontrollably screamed “Wooooot!” across the moderately busy restaurant. Disappointed he did not hear my obnoxious woot call I decided to step it up a notch and go over to his table!!! He was waiting for his meal with his girlfriend by his side and me, a crazed random stranger, barging into their range of sight interrupting their conversation only to say “Woooot” again!! The funny part to all this was not me acting like a complete lunatic in public (it’s a normal thing as my wife knows because she didn’t flinch when she saw me making a scene in the restaurant) was he and I were both wearing “SUBURBAN BLIZTKREIG” He smiled and his girlfriend looked confused so I made her take a picture of us on my cell phone! They were both great sports and hospitable to a psycho on Friday the 13th!! I went back to my table where my wife sat eating all the nan smiling!! My first woot sighting and it was the exact woot shirt I was wearing!!! PERFECT!!!

Have to ditto Andy's remark. It would have been so fun to be at the table NEXT to you two!

KidCam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KidCam
DeathBot1406 wrote:My First Woot sighting and it was a doozie!!

At Dinner eating a yummy Indian feast I casually turn around to see a gentleman wearing “suburban blitzkrieg” I uncontrollably screamed “Wooooot!” across the moderately busy restaurant. Disappointed he did not hear my obnoxious woot call I decided to step it up a notch and go over to his table!!! He was waiting for his meal with his girlfriend by his side and me, a crazed random stranger, barging into their range of sight interrupting their conversation only to say “Woooot” again!! The funny part to all this was not me acting like a complete lunatic in public (it’s a normal thing as my wife knows because she didn’t flinch when she saw me making a scene in the restaurant) was he and I were both wearing “SUBURBAN BLIZTKREIG” He smiled and his girlfriend looked confused so I made her take a picture of us on my cell phone! They were both great sports and hospitable to a psycho on Friday the 13th!! I went back to my table where my wife sat eating all the nan smiling!! My first woot sighting and it was the exact woot shirt I was wearing!!! PERFECT!!!

llo, where do you live?
cause if you live in the same state as me, and i walk somewhere, and hear a person scream "WOOT!"...i would know to walk the other way
after a photo op of course

trishlyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trishlyn

Thursday my mom was wearing "Perpetual Emotion" on Brady Street in Milwaukee (It was her mothers day present) she called me and said "Someone just pointed at my chest and yelped out "Woot! at me!" Since she sounded like she still thought she had it goin' on I was tempted to tell her that they were admiring her knockers (*giggles*, get it?) but I said it's a woot thing and if she wants more awesome t-shirts she should get used to it!

DeathBot1406

KidCam wrote:llo, where do you live?
cause if you live in the same state as me, and i walk somewhere, and hear a person scream "WOOT!"...i would know to walk the other way
after a photo op of course

Ohhh yea I meant to say where i hail from! the sighting happened in New Haven CT (YALE)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

I was about to post that I saw I'm from the streets at our local supermarket just outside of Philly in South Jersey, except when I looked at the woot shirt, it wasn't the same. Instead of the white ring, it was a red cross-stitch around the outside, and didn't have the text. What's the chance that there are two pigeon crossstitch shirts out there? I didn't htink so.

amcatanzaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amcatanzaro
SkekTek wrote:I was about to post that I saw I'm from the streets at our local supermarket just outside of Philly in South Jersey, except when I looked at the woot shirt, it wasn't the same. Instead of the white ring, it was a red cross-stitch around the outside, and didn't have the text. What's the chance that there are two pigeon crossstitch shirts out there? I didn't htink so.

Maybe it's just a misprint. There seem to be a lot of those these days.

I wasn't going to stay up. Drat! Foiled again!

Travel in style! Travel in a Woot shirt!

KidCam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KidCam
DeathBot1406 wrote:Ohhh yea I meant to say where i hail from! the sighting happened in New Haven CT (YALE)

SAFE!
*pumps fist*

daftvillain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daftvillain

No sighting so far from me, but I catch a lot of people staring at my chest, which makes me feel relatively womanly.

dobiehut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dobiehut

We spied The Madness of Miss Stereo while attending the American Craft Beer Festival on June 21 in Boston.
A long and humorous conversation ensued.

caspianta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caspianta

i was just in China for two weeks and i spotted a young man wearing the OK thumbs up shirt in Shanghai. i myself was wearing my Dragontine and Pascal's shirt while there! my local guide in Shanghai really like the dragon one!

and i just remembered to mention that i saw two guys in an IHOP in springdale, OH wearing woot shirts. one was cho's lemons and the other was, you guessed it, cho's polar bear and penguins.

Fish293

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fish293

I ran into one of my freinds at work wearing a Lime in the Coconut shirt he got off woot.

our manager then came over to talk to us, and it took her about 5 minutes to figure out what the shirt was referencing -_____-

mlwarren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlwarren

Today is my birthday and my husband took me to The rock and roll hall of fame in cleveland were my purse was stolen out of the stroller, then later turned in with all my money taken! We then went to the Cleveland Zoo were I had my 1st woot sighting a double one! I saw a young couple both wearing Zomber, I did not say anything although I wanted to, but wasn't having that great of a day and did not want to look like a fool.

rlexm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlexm

I saw someone wearing the exact same shirt as me at the Vallejo Pirate Festival - My fiance got a picture.

There were a ton of awesome costumes there, but the only woot shirt I saw was that one. BTW I'm the one that is not about to get punched by the Pirate husband.

That's a pretty damn awesome shirt.

-R. Lex-M

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
coachferrell wrote:Saw Irony at the June 4th Mariners game.
Saw Alpha Battle on a random person in downtown Seattle.

i wanted to yell "WOOT" at both of them, but decided not to.

I wouldn't mind being Wooted at. I'm in Seattle three days a week in the International District, and I get all kinds of comments when I'm just wearing normal t-shirts...a good old fashioned Woot! would be preferred. Of course, now that it's warming up, I can leave the jacket in the cubicle and perhaps my Woot shirts will be seen.

Gonna wear Sublimican Republic tomorrow...just in case you do see one.

TurboGraphx16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurboGraphx16

I was wearing Elelphabetq today and looked in the mirror. I spotted myself. I was psyched. I tried to start up a conversation with myself, but sadly I didn't reply back. I'm an a-hole.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

Today at Wizard World Chicago I saw six Woot shirts! =D

Zombie Garden, Let Me Get This Straight, Sniffing Glue, I Saw Something Weird, The Best Thing Since, and Mr. Toast!

I took pictures of all of them, and will post them tomorrow with identities anonymous, of course. I'm probably known as the crazy shirt lady as I took pics of those, plus five Threadless, one Jinx, and a cool lolcat/Obama one. Hi and sorry if I scared you taking your pic. =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

klswoot

Enjoyed seeing the picture of two people spotted wearing the same woot shirt.

ELS- You sighted a bunch again.

Still have yet to make a woot sighting. But from the recent posts, it seems like the woot shirts are out in full force!

dragonladysculptor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dragonladysculptor

I just found out about this site today - I saw a guy hosting a garage sale wearing Dragonly Love. As someone who sculpts dragons (yes cute ones !) I told him I loved his shirt and he told me where he got it. Unfortuneately it's sold out ! Sob.

tool7f

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tool7f

Ha ha I totally just saw a dude in my apartment complex wearing Home Improvement at the same time I was wearing Sigh of Relief! It was a double sighting!

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
dragonladysculptor wrote:I just found out about this site today - I saw a guy hosting a garage sale wearing Dragonly Love. As someone who sculpts dragons (yes cute ones !) I told him I loved his shirt and he told me where he got it. Unfortuneately it's sold out ! Sob.

Check out the shirt trades thread and request your size. Chances are someone has it and may be willing to sell it. As for your size, these shirts *may* run small. Generally safe to request one size up to fit.

winnie71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winnie71
DeathBot1406 wrote:Ohhh yea I meant to say where i hail from! the sighting happened in New Haven CT (YALE)

My bf and I live in Stratford, CT and are in woot shirts most days. Had 'em on in New Haven, at Toad's Place last nite, in fact.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

Here are the pics regarding this post

Zombie Garden

Mr. Toast

The Best Thing Since

I Saw Something Weird

Sniffing Glue

Let Me Get This Straight

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

spudmanson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spudmanson

I was walking up to unlock the office one day, while wearing my brand new grilled cheese shirt, and there was a courier there wearing the technicolor shirt!

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica

Someone walked in where I was working with "Go Rock, Beat Paper" shirt and mid making his sub (where I worked) I started talking to him about Woot. It was awesome. I wish I was wearing one of the Woot shirts under my work shirt. That's the only one I've had so far aside from my friend at school.

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

pcoleman17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pcoleman17

Was at work the other day. I work at a movie theater and one of the girls in line had on Suburban Blitzkrieg. Didn't say anything to her though.

I also had someone see me wearing "Let me Get This Straight" at Sheetz. They just shouted woot at me as I was leaving.

Mrfloyd5933

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mrfloyd5933

I saw the zombie Hunting one @ an MC Chris concert in Sioux Falls South Dakota.

DeathBot1406

winnie71 wrote:My bf and I live in Stratford, CT and are in woot shirts most days. Had 'em on in New Haven, at Toad's Place last nite, in fact.

Excellent!!!!!!!! I just know we will meet up some day!!!!!!!!!! Deerhoof is playing in danbury on the 16th i am sure I will be sporting a woot shirt!

ohh yes my band is playing in orange this wednesday night and I am going to be sporting "YAY TACO!" for when we do our taco deeeener song!!!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
eyeslikesugar wrote:

I would love to see what is on the wall behind this guy. Looks very interesting.