fablefire


quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
bluchez wrote:sorry, nm, no point. I hope you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us didn't.



Well I enjoyed it anyway.

geekfactor12


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
superspryte wrote:We saw this the first time he posted in the derby thread. It didn't look the same then and still doesn't now. ^_~



For me, they're too similar. Both rely on the same arrangement of letters. Both sets of letters are in the same style. Both contain illustrations that support the main phrase.

Given that there are 1000 different ways to do a text shirt, the similarities are too much for me. Woot might be cool with it, but I wouldn't vote for it. (No offense, I'm not contesting that there's still a lot of time and creativity invested- just saying that it would have been better if applied to something more original.)

burtonrider404


quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Normal



ugly...

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: Some puckers never quit.



thanks for the kind words so far. I'm glad you all sort of understand/tolerate my odd compulsion.

And I thank you for your kind votes and words of encouragement as well.

Have a super day, folks!

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Kwame the Quitter


hee-hee!!!! I'm in detroit too : )


female


quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
Re: Plan B



*giggles*, I love it! Definitely will buy when it goes on sale. Not sure if resorting to Plan B is quitting though, just changing tack. I'd like to think I haven't quit altogether even though I'm on plan D already.

danman2005


quality posts: 0 Private Messages danman2005
jbedwar1 wrote:hah... love it .... funny and it does happen oh so often



Well thanks and I agree, it does happen all the time. And then you get depressed and want to go punch something fluffy.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

burtonrider404 wrote:yeah that's reasonable.



Thanks. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

female


quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
Re: KTHNXBAI!!!1



Great design, love the color too. Hope you make the fog.

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
KENPARS0NS wrote:Thanks...

Yeah, I was a little concerned about that too... Remember the holiday derby where all shirts that didn't say "DAY" were rejected... That was fun (sarcasm)

But I liked the idea and thought it would be more wearable than including "Quit While You're Ahead" on the shirt...

We'll see...


Looks like you are safe for now

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

geekfactor12 wrote:For me, they're too similar. Both rely on the same arrangement of letters. Both sets of letters are in the same style. Both contain illustrations that support the main phrase.

Given that there are 1000 different ways to do a text shirt, the similarities are too much for me. Woot might be cool with it, but I wouldn't vote for it. (No offense, I'm not contesting that there's still a lot of time and creativity invested- just saying that it would have been better if applied to something more original.)


That's fair, and those are reasonable arguments. Thank you for that, since this derby has been getting a little ugly in places. ^_^

I do think it's more similar now that it's been colorized. Personally I was a fan of the monochromatic thing, but this looks cool too.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

female


quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
Re: The Game of LIFE



Nice design, but a shirt about suicide by razor is pretty harsh. Not sure I could wear it.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

narkus wrote:hee-hee!!!! I'm in detroit too : )


I'm in East Lansing (grew up in Detroit Metro area) and I'm tired of seeing stuff about him everywhere. He's dumb, we got it already.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

cheer4vols


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols

Ohh poker shirts get me every time... I love it!

quijibo666


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quijibo666
superspryte wrote:It's a big deal when there's people like me who have to wait for their puters to load everything once there's been 400 submissions. If you're going to leave it up to get rejected, could you at least be kind and hit the red "X" once it does?



...While on the topic of clogging things... Is there any way we can get an earth mover to plow through these forums??? I think superspryte will agree with me that there are people on here with way too much time on their hands having way too many ridiculous conversations on way too many topics that way to many people could care less about. Am I right superspryte? You have to have seen this!

I do so love to hear people's thoughts on sushi, tea, and smiley face etiquette, but could stand a little less forum diarrhea. Take a page from me and superspryte's book on forum awesomeness - BE NICE, BE SMART, BE QUIET!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Voodon't!



Derek. i really like this one. I think you don't give yourself enough credit about your drawing skills. I think this one was done very well. I like his "plumpness".

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: El Prospector Cansado



I love that you were able to pull off the design without the use of text. You did a great job on this one.

Gumiho


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Re: Greetings from Rio



This is why you should never send your employees to business retreats in Rio. They'll never return. The weather is fine; glad you're not here.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

quijibo666 wrote:...While on the topic of clogging things... Is there any way we can get an earth mover to plow through these forums??? I think superspryte will agree with me that there are people on here with way too much time on their hands having way too many ridiculous conversations on way too many topics that way to many people could care less about. Am I right superspryte? You have to have seen this!

I do so love to hear people's thoughts on sushi, tea, and smiley face etiquette, but could stand a little less forum diarrhea. Take a page from me and superspryte's book on forum awesomeness - BE NICE, BE SMART, BE QUIET!


Hey, don't pick on me...and don't bring me into this...

The mods already have to read the rest of the threads and everything else. Unless it breaks one of the woot cardinal rules (don't insult people, evade filters, etc) they probably won't be messing around with it. Always worth an ask though. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

snarkygal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
quijibo666 wrote:...While on the topic of clogging things... Is there any way we can get an earth mover to plow through these forums??? I think superspryte will agree with me that there are people on here with way too much time on their hands having way too many ridiculous conversations on way too many topics that way to many people could care less about. Am I right superspryte? You have to have seen this!

I do so love to hear people's thoughts on sushi, tea, and smiley face etiquette, but could stand a little less forum diarrhea. Take a page from me and superspryte's book on forum awesomeness - BE NICE, BE SMART, BE QUIET!



You're kidding, right?????

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
superspryte wrote:That's fair, and those are reasonable arguments. Thank you for that, since this derby has been getting a little ugly in places. ^_^

I do think it's more similar now that it's been colorized. Personally I was a fan of the monochromatic thing, but this looks cool too.



Personally, given the volume of coloring i used on mine, i feel like it pulls even further away from the other design. As for similarities.. although i hadnt seen this design before someone pointed it out to me, i have seen other similar techniques recently, tho not on a shirt. I'm sure i could spell out the differences in style and content, i wont, cause its not really worth the time.. i could also go through some of the other text shirts on the site and pull up similar shirts with similar phrases, graphic styles and content, but again.. not worth my time. if woot has a problem with it - so be it, i'll post it somewhere in 60 days.. but if anyone feels the need to tattle. at least let me know

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Hey Fable- Happy to see you with an early entry into the fog. A little sad to see that you had to add the clock and wings to make it 'fly' with the voters. I miss the cute details I'm used to seeing on a Fable entry, but you definitely deserve to be in the fog.

Hope you can sustain the momentum through next week! GMV!

cycletronic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cycletronic
Re: Quit buying lame shirts



I can understand rejecting this because it's a lame shirt, but off topic? Man, before long, only one shirt per derby will be ON topic.

Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Patchitect wrote:Personally, given the volume of coloring i used on mine, i feel like it pulls even further away from the other design. As for similarities.. although i hadnt seen this design before someone pointed it out to me, i have seen other similar techniques recently, tho not on a shirt. I'm sure i could spell out the differences in style and content, i wont, cause its not really worth the time.. i could also go through some of the other text shirts on the site and pull up similar shirts with similar phrases, graphic styles and content, but again.. not worth my time. if woot has a problem with it - so be it, i'll post it somewhere in 60 days.. but if anyone feels the need to tattle. at least let me know



Agreed. Now that you colored it in and added blue, it gives a lot more originality to the design. Hopefully you don't get rejected, I'm behind you 100% with this one

cheer4vols


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols

HA! I am the worst at spelling. I put pretty much everything I type into a word document to run a spell check... This shirt is so for me!

snarkygal


quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
cycletronic wrote:I can understand rejecting this because it's a lame shirt, but off topic? Man, before long, only one shirt per derby will be ON topic.




I can't think of a shirt that was more ON topic

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:Personally, given the volume of coloring i used on mine, i feel like it pulls even further away from the other design. As for similarities.. although i hadnt seen this design before someone pointed it out to me, i have seen other similar techniques recently, tho not on a shirt. I'm sure i could spell out the differences in style and content, i wont, cause its not really worth the time.. i could also go through some of the other text shirts on the site and pull up similar shirts with similar phrases, graphic styles and content, but again.. not worth my time. if woot has a problem with it - so be it, i'll post it somewhere in 60 days.. but if anyone feels the need to tattle. at least let me know


I don't think it's all that similar, really, at least not enough to be rejected.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

cheer4vols


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols

I like this too, but being a girl I would like it in a different color

Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Alternate Function 4



alt+f4... the solution for EVERYTHING IN WINDOWS!!!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Slackers Unite!


This one I could wear.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

parkermc


quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
Re: Stay In School



ROFL!

Bryan818


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
Re: I Don't Wanna Play No More



drama drama drama

Please check it out

female


quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
klswoot wrote:I love that you were able to pull off the design without the use of text. You did a great job on this one.



And no wings either! Are you sure you're in the right contest, Tgentry? ;)

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
superspryte wrote:I don't think it's all that similar, really, at least not enough to be rejected.



I think it should be fine. The style of the DBH one isn't copyrighted...just the content. So, from a distance, they may look similar, but Patch clearly has made this entry his own. It's a text shirt...only better.

tehpwnerer


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tehpwnerer
Re: Some puckers never quit.



Wow...Go puckers! Some day you will win Kenny. I have faith in the pucker. I actually am not that crazy about pucker designs, but if you ever win I'm gonna buy one. They get better every time!

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
parkermc wrote:ROFL!



I Just can't be serious for a "Quiters" Derby.
-Andy



superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

SailorButterfly wrote:I've been seeing these around and wanting to ask, so I give up...

what's with the puckers? >.<



You won't get an answer for that. It's been tried.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Andy47240 wrote:I Just can't be serious for a "Quiters" Derby.
-Andy



You spelled y'all funny in your button. :-P

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
fablefire wrote:This is hilarious, and well done. It was a jab at the Edgar voting base. Please. Vote for entries based on the QUALITY. Don't vote for it because of the name. You SHOULD feel foolish if you're only voting based on the name.

Bravo sir or madame.

EDIT: Forgot to add... Kudos to you Edgar for taking this so well. Too bad people aren't taking a page from your book.



What I don't understand is that there are a ton of designers for whom people are doing just that. Every.single.week. So why choose the Edgar fanbase to target this to?

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
superspryte wrote:You spelled y'all funny in your button. :-P



Ah! Another reason to stay in school.