b182gmu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b182gmu

That's just so many levels of wrong... but that's what makes me love it! Go cowboys!

sxty8goats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sxty8goats
jpolson wrote:Great idea, I love it. It made me think of God's Final Message to His Creation. Which is, of course, we apologize for the inconvenience.

I prefer the final message from the intelligent beings..

So long and thanks for all the fish.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: I Yield, Sir!

I wish this had gotten in earlier, still I voted, and I voted hard.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
mjc613 wrote:Do they still have the Great American Smokeoff? This would be great for then.

A very good idea! That should be my market!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
tiger32kw wrote:I despise the pats so... I'll take 3 please.

Go Colts

I agree!! GO COLTS.

bjdezek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjdezek
Re: And the winning Numbers are...

it's too bad this isn't getting more looks, i think it's a sharp image on the green T

i'd buy one

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
dekonstruct wrote:... still I voted, and I voted hard.

what does that mean, "I voted hard"?

bjdezek

Re: VICTORY!

hey man, for the record i completely disagree with this being rejected. i'm not overly thrilled with the composition, but it is NOT off topic. hell, i was even working on a Rubik's design Day 1 but couldn't make it look right....the only problem i can see is that is probably should have not been completed, and implied that someone got sick of working on it and QUIT....

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
Re: Know When to Fold

I LOVE the design work on this shirt, but I'm not sold on the idea behind it. It's a bad hand of cards. So what? Am I missing the point?

bjdezek

Leahbh wrote:I agree!! GO COLTS.

Thanks for all the great feedback, I agree...I just think it's a fun little shirt that EVERYONE outside of Boston can support

Mod Edit: Fixed your link

seedless1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seedless1

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9722

come on....we all wubble math, right?

yugidean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yugidean
Re: Quit While You are Ahead

How can this shirt not have more votes than this????????????

I am so not in tune with the sensibilities of the majority of woot voters. I haven't bought a winning shirt in what feels like months...

Beano before, and there'll be no gas!

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr
Re: 18-1

i wouldn't really buy this shirt, that being said..

i don't even follow sports (went to the movies instead of seeing the superbowl) and even i am glad the patriots lost.

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff

Let me know when your team wins 18 straight in one season.

The Pats let me down...

Jamesdouglastx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jamesdouglastx

reminds me so much of my childhood ... and of Robin Hood (the Kevin Costner one)

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

phreekonature wrote:Very cool. Get's my vote. Have a Super Tuesday

Thanks! You have a good Tuesday too! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Busted Tees jumped on this one too, they already have their own version of it up today:

tgentry

Staff

Josephus wrote:what does that mean, "I voted hard"?

It could mean one of two things, but I don't want to get probation so I won't elaborate. But thanks Dekonstruct for the hard vote.

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Joe was not a quitter

So dead STUFFED kittens is bad, gets you rejected, but a gross dead slug is ok? No offense to the design, but it is FAR more graphic and disgusting then the stuffed kittens were. I understand the woot gods might have thought they were real kittens, and didn't pay attention to the subtle stitching, but there is obviously no attempt to imply this slug isn't real, it has the equivalent of oozing blood, and yet doesn't get rejected. Go figure that one out.

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
Re: Good Enough Degree

That's a Chris Rock line...

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: I Yield, Sir!

My boyfriend wants this shirt so hardcore. As steadily as it's rising, there's still a chance!

Keep dreamin', tgent! It's really good for you.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
bjdezek wrote:Thanks for all the great feedback, I agree...I just think it's a fun little shirt that EVERYONE outside of Boston can support

Except for people whose lives don't revolve around what sports team wins or loses?

tgentry

Staff

ansharp wrote:My boyfriend wants this shirt so hardcore. As steadily as it's rising, there's still a chance!

Keep dreamin', tgent! It's really good for you.

Ha, thanks! Yeah there's still a chance but it's very slim. I'm thinking of breaking down and getting a cafepress or zuzzle or whatever they're called shirt place since I have a dozen or more designs that never went anywhere. If/when this one doesn't get printed, after 30 days I might be able to put it up there.

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
female wrote:I LOVE the design work on this shirt, but I'm not sold on the idea behind it. It's a bad hand of cards. So what? Am I missing the point?

Thanks for the LOVE. The idea is that, because it is a horrible hand, there is very little doubt that the one holding the hand should fold. When we are given a bad hand in life, sometimes we need to throw in our cards and wait for the next deal. You have to know how to fold. However you also need to know when to take the cards you have and hold them with all you can! That is my attempt at being profound.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Quitting Time

You made a veggie meme... Wow. Good job.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

jasontehman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasontehman
redghia69 wrote:-- people talking as straight-faced as ever about the amazing feat it was.... Billy was there in person, straight out of the 70's.

*giggles* tee-hees!, I can imagine.

chrhardy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrhardy

still won more games than any team has ever won
red sox training camp starts in under two weeks
have fun envying the greatest city in world for another season

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: best way to quit

I really like the design and look of this shirt. Way to go! Could you explain how it is referring to quitter. Thanks. It looks good though!

6walnuts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 6walnuts
klswoot wrote:I was tempted to keep those colors, but it really made the 'wreath of words' look like a Christmas wreath and I didn't want that effect. Thank you for your vote! Glad you were finally able to find the derby entries. Once you're off the shirt.woot main page, it can be tough to find the entries.

It is a wonderful design. Any chance you can come up with a different shirt color? The gray is a bit boring.

6walnuts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 6walnuts
Re: Quittles

any explanation?

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
DigitalDonkey wrote:probably too complicated for the 8th grade mindset around here but truly epic

gmv

Thanks, but do you mean around Woot or the interwebs in general? I'm still trying to figure out MySpace. What's up with that? I am to understand you visit other people's Geo-cities style "webpage" and then throw... er, fruit at them?

klswoot

6walnuts wrote:It is a wonderful design. Any chance you can come up with a different shirt color? The gray is a bit boring.

I tried this on a couple different backgrounds and the gray won out. I had submitted 5 designs this week on various colors. I'll play around with more color next derby. Thanks!

klswoot

Re: Voodon't!

This little guy needs more votes. Please!

klswoot

tgentry wrote:Ha, thanks! Yeah there's still a chance but it's very slim. I'm thinking of breaking down and getting a cafepress or zuzzle or whatever they're called shirt place since I have a dozen or more designs that never went anywhere. If/when this one doesn't get printed, after 30 days I might be able to put it up there.

TG- I hope the fencers' time in the hotness isn't competing against your Prospector entry. I really want that one! At first, I thought you were crazy to submit another design when you already had one in the fog, but the cardboard fighters are doing really well. I just hope it doesn't affect the Prospector's chances. It's my favorite of the fogged entries. (The fencers aren't my favorite TGentry design....and you know that I'm a huge fan of your work.)

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer

oops

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
Re: KICK THE HABIT

What does it say on the bottom?

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
klswoot wrote:This little guy needs more votes. Please!

I concur!!

CartoonPanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CartoonPanda
Re: Letter to the Boss

I was trying to think of a way to put a resignation letter onto a t-shirt for this theme, but it could'nt have been done better then this, definitely gmv.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

See, I get the whole "if you don't like the Patriots, you think it's funny they didn't have a perfect season" mentality...but I don't see how this shirt really fits the theme. You can argue they "quit being the best", but it's not like they rolled over and quit. They tried and failed. Isn't there a difference?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

tgentry

Staff

klswoot wrote:TG- I hope the fencers' time in the hotness isn't competing against your Prospector entry. I really want that one! At first, I thought you were crazy to submit another design when you already had one in the fog, but the cardboard fighters are doing really well. I just hope it doesn't affect the Prospector's chances. It's my favorite of the fogged entries. (The fencers aren't my favorite TGentry design....and you know that I'm a huge fan of your work.)

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I have a soft spot for the prospector. Honestly it would sting a bit if I couldn't see it get printed. The cardboard fencers was a quick idea I had to get out. I didn't think it would actually get the votes that it has. As for how it affects the prospector, I don't really know. I don't even know how it's been in the fog for so long, I almost never see it in the hotness. I guess we'll see what happens, there's still almost two full days of voting left.