CartoonPanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CartoonPanda
tgentry wrote:I used several different references of fencers and cobbled them together into one image. Wish I could say I spent hours hand drawing it and getting proportions right, but it was done on my lunch break. I still see a lot of mistakes and tweaks to make, but I can't really win now anyways so it doesn't matter all that much .

You're probably thinking twice about that now, I just saw how many votes you got. And btw, I should mention that I am severely jealous of how you can make something so awesome on a lunch break. I've notice all of the derby designers that get picked the most usually have two or three designs and are frequently near the top. Whats your secret!?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
SailorButterfly wrote:See, I get the whole "if you don't like the Patriots, you think it's funny they didn't have a perfect season" mentality...but I don't see how this shirt really fits the theme. You can argue they "quit being the best", but it's not like they rolled over and quit. They tried and failed. Isn't there a difference?

Moreover, I'd argue the concept would make a successful shirt for, oh, about 2 days. Past that, the shirt wearer is no less a tool than the pats fans who gloated all season.

Unless you're Tom Brady or Eli Manning, you had nothing to do with who won or lost this weekend. I wish America was even half as passionate about elections as they are about sports games.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

CartoonPanda wrote:You're probably thinking twice about that now, I just saw how many votes you got. And btw, I should mention that I am severely jealous of how you can make something so awesome on a lunch break. I've notice all of the derby designers that get picked the most usually have two or three designs and are frequently near the top. Whats your secret!?

Heh, secret? You got me Panda. Till a month ago I couldn't pay people to vote for my designs.

Even at this pace though I still don't think it would possible for it to catch up. The other fog entries are getting nearly just as many votes. But if voters want to push it through, I'm all for it. I think it's a fun shirt I'd probably wear.

DanStover

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DanStover
Re: El Prospector Cansado

how do i vote for this one?

SicariiGS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SicariiGS
Re: Mona Lisa

People don't paint the way a printer prints.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
DanStover wrote:how do i vote for this one?

Yes. Please vote. But, you have to have purchased something on one of the woot sites (sellout.woot, shirt.woot, woot, or wine.woot) in order to place a vote. Once you've bought something, you can vote on all the derby entries that you like.

shiroRAWR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shiroRAWR
Re: Better on my tummy than in my tummy

MS Paint, *giggles* tee-hees!.

greenrobots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenrobots
Re: Can't Opener

This is the first entry I've seen that I'd actually wear. Well done!

Anj963

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anj963
sinisterpenguin wrote:Monty Python is always a good choice, I think at least. The submitting of entries isn't so bad, but I would definitely take a look at the formats you need to submit in before giving it a try (to make your life easier when and if you want to submit).
I thought that the rabbit would be enough to get the whole, run away, I'm quitting this fight idea across but I guess not.. I thought about adding a knight but realized that getting it in there with the 6 color max we have on the pictures would be hard, so I just sat back and hoped the rabbit could hold up on his own.

i still like it.. wish they would not have rejected it =(

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: iQuit!

Hey, it's happened to the best of us...that darned little white (or black, sometimes even other colors) just up and quits on you for no good reason! What good is it then? Complete PARODY of that company's ad...not like it needs explanation anyway.

cookofthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookofthesea
Re: I Yield, Sir!

Yes, you should definitely yield, you don't want to end up like this!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9709

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10291

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: I Just Don't Give a Dam

Come on Ladies and Gents... there's gotta be some more of you guys that feel like just quitting something and saying you don't give a dam

karenmh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karenmh
Re: KICK THE HABIT

This is so awesome! Love the colors and the style. I really hope it wins because I want to wear it! Great job. =)

hattopic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hattopic

This shirt really isn't my style... but maybe if I died my hair black...

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
Re: Mona Lisa

Are we going to have Mona Lisa entries every week now? Have people NO individual thought? No shame? DAMN you people are lame.

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat

TG, I like your ideas. you are very clever. Don't know if it is a winner. But it takes me back to my childhood well enough. Those years of nailing my brother with cardbord rolls in an attempt to best my big brother. How those times ended with such a beating. Aaaah memories.... I'd buy it.

bolinskyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolinskyman
Re: Quitterbutter Jelly

No shirt composition, and no title. This is going to be rejected..

davidnotgolith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidnotgolith
Re: Quitters

id buy it. no doubt.

Penguins FTW!

bolinskyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolinskyman
bolinskyman wrote:No shirt composition, and no title. This is going to be rejected..

err.. there is a title.

ohgodno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohgodno
snarkygal wrote:Are we going to have Mona Lisa entries every week now? Have people NO individual thought? No shame? DAMN you people are lame.

hey "snarkygal"...slow yerself down there, honey. i know this entry to be a first-time woot visitor; but i'm sure they feel the overwhelming sense of welcome. you should be proud. good for you...maybe you'd like to go kick a wounded baby seal?

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
wooterer wrote:It's not the power button. It's power-off button.

Here is the power button:

I'm curious why or how you make this distinction. Power symbols have generally been made out of some variation of the 1,0 combination for quite some time. This works for rocker switches, which commonly have a 1 for on and a 0 for off. It also applies to push toggle switches, which typically have one of a few slight variations on a 1 inside of a 0.

The symbol with the broken circle typically indicates a "less complete" power-off, or a standby state. Since this is how most of our electronics work, it is a more common symbol, today. If you looked at electronics 10 years ago, you would find the other more often. The symbol with the entire circle is, more accurately, the "power button", then the broken one, although they are often interchanged at this point.

I do not know what shirt.woot history or drama is around the power symbol, and don't care in the least, but to refer to that symbol as the "power-off button" and the other one the "power button" is not only strange, but completely untrue.

I know wikipedia isn't always right, but here, it can be helpful: link

wikipedia wrote:
IEC 5007, the power on (line) symbol, appearing on a button or one end of a toggle switch indicates that the control places the equipment into a fully powered state.
IEC 5008, the power off (circle) symbol on a button or toggle, indicates that using the control will disconnect power to the device.
IEC 5010, the power on-off symbol (line within a circle), is used on buttons that switch a device between on and fully off states.
IEC 5009, the standby symbol (line partially within a broken circle), indicates a sleep mode or low power state. The switch does not fully disconnect the device from its power supply. This may appear on a toggle switch opposite a power on symbol, alone on a pushbutton that places the device into a standby state, or alone on a button that switches between on and standby.

Edit: A little research before you make designs or random statements WILL NOT make people think less of you, give it a try.

hattopic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hattopic

I've actually bought all of your shirts so far, not that I knew they were yours at the time, but this one would be no exception. I think I like it better than the one you have in the fog right now

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
6walnuts wrote:any explanation?

Explain the shirt? "Quittles: Taste the Failure" is a play on the candy, "Skittles: taste the rainbow."

changitoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages changitoman
Re: Make It Official...

This is my first design so go easy on her. It's a little plain but, once again, I am new at this. Tell me what you think!

aafrantz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aafrantz
Re: Make It Official...

this shirt is tight, i hope no one has that license plate yet because seeing this shirt is inspiring me to get that plate..good form

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
yugidean wrote:How can this shirt not have more votes than this????????????

I am so not in tune with the sensibilities of the majority of woot voters. I haven't bought a winning shirt in what feels like months...

*giggles*, ya, I think I'm 2 woot derbies behind on this one. Should have tried the "graffiti" one. Go figure, inspiration strikes 2 weeks too late :P Either way, I was a little surprised when this one popped out of my noggin'. Not usually my style, but very fun none the less.

Timeranger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Timeranger
broomcorn wrote:cool design, but i don't see how this "love is dead" has anything to do with the topic quitters. I guess woot make exceptions to some shirts, and not to others...

To "quit" simply means to stop - but as used here we are meaning rather "to stop when there is still a chance of success". Obviously Love isn't - and never will be - "dead" so if you give up on Love you are giving up when success is still possible. Those who vow they shall never woo again are quitters.

Across the Vault of Time!!

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9746]Make It Official...

I don't get it. People in California quit things?

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Re: Won't Somebody Think Of The Children!?

Slip-sliding away... if this design was a presidential candidate, it would be raiding the supply closet at the delegation HQ for office supplies right now.

changitoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages changitoman
gargrazz wrote:I don't get it. People in California quit things?

No, i just had to make it a license plate from some state. First one that come to mind.

jonners710

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonners710

Great Design, horrible hand, got my vote and a buy if it wins.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
ohgodno wrote:hey "snarkygal"...slow yerself down there, honey. i know this entry to be a first-time woot visitor; but i'm sure they feel the overwhelming sense of welcome. you should be proud. good for you...maybe you'd like to go kick a wounded baby seal?

funny!!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Timeranger wrote:To "quit" simply means to stop - but as used here we are meaning rather "to stop when there is still a chance of success". Obviously Love isn't - and never will be - "dead" so if you give up on Love you are giving up when success is still possible. Those who vow they shall never woo again are quitters.

uh, so how does 'love is dead' have anything to do with 'quitters'? I'm going to have to agree with broomcorn, and say I don't get the connection.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
CartoonPanda wrote:Awesome! I love this design!

Thanks!

yugidean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yugidean
Re: Better than a 2 week notice

God, I love this.

Beano before, and there'll be no gas!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Oops. Here's what it looks like when it isn't stretched too wide:

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: True Love Never Quits

Another beautiful shirt kls... love the colors!

>insert funny quote here<

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
ohgodno wrote:hey "snarkygal"...slow yerself down there, honey. i know this entry to be a first-time woot visitor; but i'm sure they feel the overwhelming sense of welcome. you should be proud. good for you...maybe you'd like to go kick a wounded baby seal?

oh its just a coincidence that this is the what the THIRD OR FOURTH mona lisa entry?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
AlexIAm wrote:Another beautiful shirt kls... love the colors!

Thanks Alex. Just got beat by the fencers who are slamming through the entries and taking names along the way. No love for "true love". When are we going to see another AlexIAm original in the derby?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
snarkygal wrote:Are we going to have Mona Lisa entries every week now? Have people NO individual thought? No shame? DAMN you people are lame.

gosh, I thought my entry was pretty original. I think I screwed up the colors somewhat, but I don't think it is that unoriginal and lame.

click the image to vote for it. :^)