peppersagooddog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
LadyChic wrote:snarkygal

you fascist

who are you to decide what someone submits and doesnt submit

Dont try to stifle someones flow.

If we need a Mona Lisa monitor, we will call you






hmmm. well how about READING THE smurfing RULES B4 SUBMITTIMG? This isn't a FLOW it's smurfing LAME. WHY would someone enter a contest with out reading the rules first? You people LIKE making us sift through useless DREG just to find valid entries. IF you don't know what you are talking about then Sometimes, trees fall up already.


*unspaced to not circimvent woot filters*
*most likey get banned for TELLING THE TRUTH anyway.*

enin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin

sometimes the best way to quit is to just quit
stop making excuses
rip off the bandage with one clean motion
and get on with it

redghia69


quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
klswoot wrote:This little guy needs more votes. Please!


I agree -- he belongs in the fog.... finally voting.


shiftypixel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shiftypixel
2thFairy wrote:But that just makes him dead.. not a quitter. Nice picture though!



That's where the funny comes in.

jonomc


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
bjdezek wrote:it's too bad this isn't getting more looks, i think it's a sharp image on the green T

i'd buy one




Thanks!

yadude


quality posts: 0 Private Messages yadude

*giggles* backed

phreekonature


quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
6walnuts wrote:will the words :i cant quit without u be on the shirt?



No words. Look at the shirt comp

sxty8goats


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sxty8goats
Re: WWJQ?



Wouldnt' "When Would Jeabus Quit?" make more sense than "What would Jeabus Quit?"

EyeTeeGuy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages EyeTeeGuy
Re: Plan B



This shirt is ahead by more than 100 votes...love it, grats, in for 1.

mjc613


quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
mrmylesguy wrote:No one will ever see that wacky fart joke or anime concept art you came up with at school. Maybe you ran out of ink or lost the iron-on template. Well that doesn't mean you can't talk about what you could have done with your life.



Mr Myles, this is so darn clever, but you did not put it or your Pong design on a t-shirt template. Unless everyone at Woot is extremely busy, they will be rejected.
PLEASE resub on a t-shirt template ASAP.



dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: KTHNXBAI!!!1



Aberrantic you're going to have to be a little more specific as to why this shirt is not artfully executed. If you mean there are no frills then you have arrived at the point of this design. It's minimal enough to show only what needs to be shown, to me that's what made it work.

minimalism, gestalt, Bauhaus, all valid "art" movements no matter how big a game they talked were still relevant and artful.

dfdk


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dfdk
Re: Letter to the Boss



*giggles* tee-hees!... Thanks panda... I had been partially sure it would have been rejected, what with the insult at the end, or some similar reason... XD.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

LadyChic wrote:online begging is so 2005



In her own thread?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: my boss



Oh man that's really sweet, I'm guessing you used 3d studio max? I'm a maya user myself, I was thinking of doing some 3d inspired shirts as well.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: I Just Don't Give a Dam



I haven't commented on this yet so I figured it'd be a good idea. I like that you centered the beaver and not the whole image. It really focuses on him and he's so cute, it's perfect. ^_^

The dam looks a little strange to me, like it's about ready to topple, but there's nothing wrong with it. Of course, what I imagine an unfinished dam to look like isn't *obviously* unfinished. This is a better answer. ^_^ Congratulations on the top 10 badge you're going to get on shirtderbystats this week!

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mrmylesguy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmylesguy

I never liked this game anyway

mrmylesguy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmylesguy
Re: Pong Lost Friend



Fine go ahead and beat me. I never liked this game anyway.

mrmylesguy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmylesguy
mjc613 wrote:Mr Myles, this is so darn clever, but you did not put it or your Pong design on a t-shirt template. Unless everyone at Woot is extremely busy, they will be rejected.
PLEASE resub on a t-shirt template ASAP.



OK I'm downloading the template now. I didn't see that before. Thanks! I guess everyone will have to re-vote for me once i get the new one up.

keyser520


quality posts: 0 Private Messages keyser520
tamaleman33 wrote:because without the explanation it doesnt even give any indication that a shark is involved...



That's what the shirt comp was for... there's a huge shark in the background, and the text even says "when sharks try to quit the habit".

I thought people were fans of LESS text on shirts not more... in this case, I suppose I was wrong. Yet, there are a LOT of shirts in this derby that don't make sense without an explanation, so why was THIS one rejected?

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Quit the rat race- UPDATED



This is a focus on the rat who quit the rat race. Folks thought the last one was too busy, so it's simplified, placing the focus on the central rat. hope you all like it!

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
Re: Quit the rat race- UPDATED



I like this version much better. Just too late for an entry.
great job though.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Irenicmad wrote:I really hope this one wins. And why exactly do you have beef with russian stuff?



I think a lot of people have a beef with the russian stuff because every text theme, we seem to get an "In Soviet Russia, Graffiti Defaces You" or "In Soviet Russia, Holiday Makes Up You" or whatever. Woot has a design entirely in cyrillic already, and all the entries look pretty much the same: red shirt, yellow text with "cyrillic flair", hammer and sickle. It's boring. If I wanted that, I'd buy a russian flag and wear it.

Also, there's the Patriot Club who feel that anything promoting anything but America is anti American. Russia used to be our enemy, and people who weren't even born back then sure do have a grudge against them!

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

AdderXYU wrote:I think a lot of people have a beef with the russian stuff because every text theme, we seem to get an "In Soviet Russia, Graffiti Defaces You" or "In Soviet Russia, Holiday Makes Up You" or whatever. Woot has a design entirely in cyrillic already, and all the entries look pretty much the same: red shirt, yellow text with "cyrillic flair", hammer and sickle. It's boring. If I wanted that, I'd buy a russian flag and wear it.

Also, there's the Patriot Club who feel that anything promoting anything but America is anti American. Russia used to be our enemy, and people who weren't even born back then sure do have a grudge against them!




Yeah, I don't get this "In Soviet Russia Stuff". Yakov Smirnoff did it in the 80's and for some reason it's funny again. But Yakov actually had clever lines, most of the one's you see on the Internet now don't make sense. BTW, has anyone seen Yakov lately? I wonder if that guy's still alive...

amach06


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amach06
EyeTeeGuy wrote:This shirt is ahead by more than 100 votes...love it, grats, in for 1.



I hope your right. I want!

Well there is always next year....

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

intaglio wrote:ha, take comfort in knowing the pharaoh knows how you feel. great minds, eh?



Keep at it, 'tag. sooner or later....

tgentry


quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: El Prospector Cansado



Thanks again for all the really nice comments.

burnmatoaka


quality posts: 0 Private Messages burnmatoaka
Re: Quitting Takes Effort



Yip. That seems to be about the right proportions.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

wooterer wrote:What does it say on the bottom?



Literally, "Leave the bad habit." But I don't think you were looking for literal. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
superspryte wrote:I haven't commented on this yet so I figured it'd be a good idea. I like that you centered the beaver and not the whole image. It really focuses on him and he's so cute, it's perfect. ^_^

The dam looks a little strange to me, like it's about ready to topple, but there's nothing wrong with it. Of course, what I imagine an unfinished dam to look like isn't *obviously* unfinished. This is a better answer. ^_^ Congratulations on the top 10 badge you're going to get on shirtderbystats this week!


I'll actually have to jump up one more spot for a badge by the end of the week's voting... At this point, this would be wonderful! Thank you for your critique too! I really appreciate the fact that even though you had voted, you came back to give feedback, and that's just awesome. Thanks again.

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:I have to disagree with you.. they pretty much rolled over.... smurfers.... As for everyone hating them for being "the best" it wasnt so long ago that the patriots were the joke of the NFL for 20+ years.. they are due... I can remember when the cowboys were good.. or the dolphins.. or San Fran... remember those days?



Such a low-scoring disappointing game. I was rooting for the Giants anyway. Pastor's son said he wanted the team who scored first to win. We all ended up rooting for the Giants. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

herman16


quality posts: 0 Private Messages herman16
Re: I Just Don't Give a Dam



not a fan. the play on words is cute in relation to the theme, but the image itself (and therefore, the actual wearable shirt) isn't clever or particularly well-executed. I've liked a lot of the artist's previous designs, but this one looks way more like what I normally see at the bottom of the derby submissions.

rook543


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rook543
Re: I Yield, Sir!



Great Shirt! I'm voting for it...

It's too bad you didn't get it on sooner. I think you would have been in the top 4...but there is still time, so you may still get there.

Ashleyrah


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ashleyrah

[quote]Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9496]El Prospector Cansado
My friends that used to say "Another woot shirt, eh?" have started to say "another tgentry shirt, eh?"

Keep 'em comin!

nycanuck


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
Re: Voodon't!



In the hotness - keep 'em coming!

Anthony3419


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: El Prospector Cansado



Awsome GMV


artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: my boss



Ahaha, nice. Not my type, but I did enjoy a good laugh. Thanks!

mrmylesguy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmylesguy
mrmylesguy wrote:OK I'm downloading the template now. I didn't see that before. Thanks! I guess everyone will have to re-vote for me once i get the new one up.



Never mind. I don't have time. In the spirit of the theme, I'll take no further action to upload a corrected version with the t-shirt template. So vote for this. If it wins I'll send in a t-shirt template.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
herman16 wrote:not a fan. the play on words is cute in relation to the theme, but the image itself (and therefore, the actual wearable shirt) isn't clever or particularly well-executed. I've liked a lot of the artist's previous designs, but this one looks way more like what I normally see at the bottom of the derby submissions.



I appreciate you like my other designs but I really wanted to go cuter with it only because I was worried it would get misconstrued if I went realistic or less cartoonish. I thank you for being honest about the design.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
jbedwar1 wrote:I like this version much better. Just too late for an entry.
great job though.



So true. I've been very busy, so revision was really late. However, I have been stockpiling an impressive collection of cartoon animals for future contests. Each one will love on somewhere...

Thanks!

sokowa


quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
dekonstruct wrote:Aberrantic you're going to have to be a little more specific as to why this shirt is not artfully executed. If you mean there are no frills then you have arrived at the point of this design. It's minimal enough to show only what needs to be shown, to me that's what made it work.

minimalism, gestalt, Bauhaus, all valid "art" movements no matter how big a game they talked were still relevant and artful.



Exactly. I think this is great! It makes you fill in the details on your own.