quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: peace

not too shabby!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
SailorButterfly wrote:Beautiful. GMV

And thank you very much for it. I'm glad you like it.

Discobiscuits

KillaKelly wrote:Why did it get rejected!
? it had like 100 votes!

Can you read?

klswoot

Re: Designers at Work

How your designs really get on your shirt. Don't forget the little guys!

danniexx1oo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danniexx1oo
Re: OR They?

VOTE!!!

danniexx1oo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danniexx1oo
Re: Plug n Play

VOTE!!!

klswoot

Re: Designers at Work

Forgot to mention that the little guy on the side used a ladder of stick pins on which to climb and the other three 'designers' have rappelled via a safety pin and thread.

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: YUM sugar infused food stuffs (resub)

*giggles*. i like this one better.

frogboyjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogboyjb
Re: monster adventure

This was a tough assignment, but at least these monsters get a free trip out of the city on my hot air.

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
Re: Time for Happy Hour (resub)

That bartender has no face! What kind of bar is this? In a bar full of no-ones, you can be someone in this ready for happy hour shirt! This shirt says "I don't have a job, but I'd like girls who see me from a distance to think I do." Seriously though, my wife didn't like the embroidered mustang on the last version so I am redoing it before I lose too many more votes. Thanks for voting and please vote again if you liked it before (either time)!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

phreekonature

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phreekonature
Re: Big Hole

Cool tshirt! I especially like the little bone nub - shades of Looney Tunes

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
mandraque wrote:sorry to be blunt, but, this shirt is more than a little lacking. People should vote for more creative and though out designs that really deserve to be in the fog.

i take no offence,
A: im a little more proud of my other design...
B: ive also gotten mad at things in the fog, but the people like what they like...
hey i thought it was a cute idea so i ran with it...
almost everyweek theres a shirt i dont beleive should be in the fog... but its my opinion. some peoples trash is other peoples treasure!

Please check it out

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: Pulling the (ham)strings

Ok you wonderful Wooters! I beg for votes! =D

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

Bryan818

Re: Soul Glow

BEAUTIFUL! jeez 3 for 3 this derby! another one where are u finding the time the inspiration.... your quality of work seems like it gets better with every peice

Please check it out

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: Couldn't afford a hoodie (resub)

come on people. this shirt is terrible. there's no hood, a dotted line for a pouch....it's going to look awful printed, not too mention stupid if you wear it. how can you vote for this? Enough already with the garbage 5 minute designs!

HotIceCream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotIceCream
Re: Post Valentines Day

i really like this. not sure about the light blue shirt, though.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
geekfactor12 wrote:Why is that so hard to believe? The Z symbol is a trademark associated with the character Zorro. Much in the same way that companies have logos. You can use the letter all you want, but it can't be in the style that is already copyrighted. Plus, this isn't a parody since Zorro actually does that.

not to mention the multiple "Z" shirts you can buy already.
And let us not forget the description of this derby which includes the following text at the end:

Finally, we still reserve the right to reject anything we deem afoul of our rules. You don't like our decisions, go start your own t-shirt competition and you can reject any designs we submit, OK?

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Re: Open Your Mind . . . .

This straight out just creeps me out.

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
KillaKelly wrote:Why did it get rejected!
? it had like 100 votes!

Just in case you dont know to see rejection reasons....... here is the reason:

Rejected because: Man..the execution is much better, but this shirt already exists

you can either just put your mouse pointer on top of the "rejected" shirt and wait for the text to pop up to see the reason, or you can click on the rejected image to take you to the main page for that shirt and look just underneath the large picture. Hope this helps you in the future.

bfassburg

Re: Pulling the (ham)strings

Kind reminds me of that alien in Men in Black (2?) in a good way. You have my vote.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Also, I'd say the effect, "realistic" or not, is pretty clear. There are two different schools of trompe l'oeil in play here... the Tux Shirt school (as listed in the derby description) and the "trying (often in vain) to make my design look like it's supposed to be more than meets the eye" school. Jaden's is in the first school, and while I don't really like many of these at all, hers is far and away not my least favorite of that sort.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Discobiscuits wrote:Pretty good, but I feel that the design is far too big.

cute take on the similar idea I had... I am a little worried, after looking at the larger version, that it'll still be fairly pixelated.

Bryan818

brizz wrote:come on people. this shirt is terrible. there's no hood, a dotted line for a pouch....it's going to look awful printed, not too mention stupid if you wear it. how can you vote for this? Enough already with the garbage 5 minute designs!

harsh

Please check it out

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
unchaotic wrote:I think this should be resubmitted as a non-derby shirt. I really think they would print it, and I'd Want One!

I'd Want One of these for sure...

Discobiscuits

Re: Pocket FishMan

GL in the fog, I think you're going to take this derby as #1.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: Monsters and Things Climbing Your Shirt; Ahh!

Hey Edgar! Can you please post a larger picture of the design?

Thanks a brazillian!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Monsters and Things Climbing Your Shirt; Ahh!

This is SOOOO demented! Nice!

dchang17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchang17
Re: What really goes on in there

I e-mailed them about it (that's what I should do, right?), but I don't know if they'll look at it/respond. Just hope.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
bfassburg wrote:Kind reminds me of that alien in Men in Black (2?) in a good way. You have my vote.

hahaha yeah! I see what you mean.
Thanks for your vote. =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

sagekoala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sagekoala

that would be kind of cool ... printed on the back

lecrazyfox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lecrazyfox
Re: Heart Clock

Thanks very much for the nice comments, I worked hard on this one and layering turned out to be a nightmare to have the colors not overlap. Does anyone have a tip about working with inkscape and separating out colors?

as for the dark colors I thought they would be more realistic against a dark colored shirt. I didn't think the printing might pose a problem. Thanks again for the support though!

brizz

phreekonature wrote:Cool tshirt! I especially like the little bone nub - shades of Looney Tunes

actually...shades of shirt that already exists: which is rob's specialty!

brizz

Bryan818 wrote:harsh

the truth often is.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Hopey wrote:Just curious -- why wasn't it rejected for not being an original idea when this exists? Isn't a tattoo art, or is it only art if the ink is on paper or fabric? From your comment it sounds like it could be submitted again as long as the comp pic is better and the placement slightly changed.

That's silly. It's not a design that is for sale elsewhere.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

bfassburg

Re: Time for Happy Hour (resub)

Woo-Hoo!!! pre-rejection place = 20th. 1st resub = placed negative infinity. 2nd resub (my choice) = 100th place. I'm back!

archikins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages archikins
Re: i burp - bib shirt!

Know someone who's a big baby?!! ...give them an iburp bib tshirt ! Royalblue shirt - 2 colors.

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Bush Baby

For the Record, this is not Live Traced. I mean, I tried it that way, and it looked awful. So, I did it by hand and any awfulness is my own fault.

Thanks for looking.

VOTE!