jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc

not that i think this is a winner, but have you seen the thumbnail gradients on previous winners and current foggers?

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
Re: L'Épouse beater

I don't understand why you keep removing and resubmitting this if the only thing you change is the title. If you just want to keep it on top for people to see you are wasting your time. People actually do look through the whole derby and vote for entries they like, even if they are mixed into the pack. If you are just messing around, then do whatever you want, but it probably won't get your shirt made because people won't take you seriously when you decide you want to be taken seriously.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
un1ty wrote:Somehow when I saw the title of this... I was thinking back to Soul Glow from Coming to America with Eddie Murphy...
Can't forget the oil stain from their heads on the couch.... and ... Sexual Chocolate.

What can I say, I like my mysticism a little tongue-in-cheek

soothedbyrainfall.net

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
snarkygal wrote:um, sure, ok, yeah, keep telling yourself that

And yes, I WAS just messing around with the design. I hadn't expected to even do a 4th one this week. Stop being so sure you know what I'm thinking.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

sorry, i didn't mean that, but i don't know how to delete my message

surflunesta

quality posts: 1 Private Messages surflunesta
Re: Ripped and Repaired - CLick For Full Detail

I like it Sayah....you got my vote. Not to mention I miss REAL punk music and the slamdancing that went along with it

bfassburg

Re: BIG HEAD PARADE!

It is cute. Wish you hadn't had to repost since that hurts your chances. With my huge head this will look really funny.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus
bfassburg wrote:It is cute. Wish you hadn't had to repost since that hurts your chances. With my huge head this will look really funny.

Thanks for the kind comment, but the difference between 45 votes and 25 votes isn't much. I am just glad people are able to get a chuckle out of my design. I like it a lot, and hope others do too.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
LadyChic wrote:I couldnt figure out why you made a brown frog on here- now i get it.

cute

*giggles*! No little frogs...just little tiny designers helping put the patch on your shirt. I guess in the small detail they might look like frogs.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

simply.lame.

I once ate a cricket.

CartoonPanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CartoonPanda
connieneese wrote:I wish this was up a little higher.

Thats definitely doable! I'm going to wait and see what the general opinion is, but if thats what is wanted, I'll resub.

kinsisbuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kinsisbuff

I am sure Bill Belichick would want one as an improvement to what he normally wears to press conferences.

I wonder if he has a woot account.

jpers36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpers36
byrbwr wrote:this is the craziest, saddest derby i have ever seen. designs that mean something--that are beautiful and creative are being passed up in favor for a coffee-stained t-shirt, or a fake hoodie shirt, or this worthless shirt that lets people know where your internal organs are (i guess in case they didn't happen to bring their x-ray machine with them and were curious).

shirt.woot will never be threadless, nor will it ever be a site that can be taken seriously, as long as people continue to vote for this crap. and that's what it is--crap. you can argue all you want, but these designs are sad. i'd really dislike to actually meet the people who vote for these in real life because they are surely morons. and don't tell me you graduated from college or have a 100k a year job--a moron is a moron. and if you voted for this, that's what you are.

Y'know, not every T-shirt needs to be beautiful. Sometimes, the goal of a t-shirt design is to be clever, eye-catching, enticing, to make a statement, or even to simply be informative. Since the current derby focus is trompe-l'œil, an art form which by its very nature values cleverness as much as it does beauty, cut the artists and voters a little slack. Calling people "morons" because of their voting preferences in an online T-shirt contest doesn't help the case for your own intelligence any.

bfassburg

Re: America

Pointing out the mediocrity of this shirt is needless and the fact that it breaks multiples rules (celebrity likeness, gradients, off-topic, could to lawsuit for using his likeness without permission, etc.) is no more effective than hitting "report this".

cookofthesea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookofthesea
Re: Monkey on my Back

this is cute! the monkey looks a little different than "typical" monkeys but thats okay!

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10291

cookofthesea

Re: BIG HEAD PARADE!

you never know, didn't woot once take some shirts that THEY liked but didn't win and put them up for sale?

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Gators2001 wrote:well this suxs

the only two shirts I cared to buy in a long time got rejected...

My wife and I spent all weekend moving to a new apartment, and I haven't had internet for a while.

I just saw that my shirt has been rejected, and honestly, I'm somewhat dissapointed that woot has consistently chosen my fogged designs to clarify their derby rules (often going against 20+ weeks of precedent) Oh well.

I won't re-submit this week. I've had my fill of whiny comments for a while and I'm not particularly eager to satiate them by reposting.

Example:"...not sure why you think the rules don't apply to you when it comes to these things, but you frequently skirt the rules and it's pretty unfair to everyone else who abides by them."

I mean dang, brotha. What exactly is causing all the latent hostility toward yours truly? Did you not get enough hugs as a child? Did I somehow manage to slight you in some way (real or imagined) at some point in our communal derby careers? Calm down son, it's just a friendly competition.

Additionally it's really difficult to regain momentum after a rejection (even an early one) Just look at Fablefire's 'Neverland', or my 'Voodon't' from last week. If you're in the fog and you get rejected, you're pretty much out of the running for the week.

Check out my blog:Here!

cookofthesea

Re: bolo-rama

thats pretty good!

Master Of Stuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Master Of Stuff

I can see why it was rejected for the derby(rules are rules), but i'm still hoping for an editors pick. This design will definitely sell, without a doubt.

The other shirts either lack effort or have the words usually associated with the picture thus making it inappropriate in certain places.

A nice, universal shirt would be appreciated, and chest cat is just that.

<sig></sig>

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
superspryte wrote:We told him that and he said it looked weird.

yep yep! ^_^

It's ok... I'd love to have this one... both would be nice to be honest.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
narkus wrote:i love rodents : ) hope you make the fog!

cookofthesea wrote:this is soooo cute! gmv

heartluce wrote:I really like this artulo. Very cute and I love the idea.

lanikei wrote:oh, how desperately i want this shirt.... love the fuzzlets, some of the more convincing linework i've seen that really captures the feel of rodent mischief.

Thank you to everyone who voted!! I'd really like to see it pull off a stunning come from behind victory.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Escape!

Thanks so much everyone! I tried to make him as bright as possible, it's a real contrast from the mice shirt, that blend in well. From the looks of things, I'm going to redo the design as just the fish and use all six colors in that, submitted as a daily hopeful.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
sebing wrote:this is cute! GMV!

Thanks! I can easily see this being a worm's worst nightmare.

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus
cookofthesea wrote:you never know, didn't woot once take some shirts that THEY liked but didn't win and put them up for sale?

Yes, 'Best of 2007', I had one in it and was truly honored.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
artulo wrote:Thanks so much everyone! I tried to make him as bright as possible, it's a real contrast from the mice shirt, that blend in well. From the looks of things, I'm going to redo the design as just the fish and use all six colors in that, submitted as a daily hopeful.

Artulo- I don't believe Woot will select a daily based on a design that appeared in a derby.. So, if you still have the little red 'x' next to your entry, I'd remove it and submit as a daily. (The Woot staff have a rule not to print daily shirts that have appeared in a derby.) But, if you remove it during the first 24 hours, maybe you can still submit it. Just a thought.

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT
Re: Couldn't afford a hoodie (resub)

Would I buy this shirt? No, however insulting it and the people who like it is wrong. Obviously if it's in the Fog people enjoy it, good for them, who really cares?

If you don't like it, don't buy it ... it's the awesome thing about commerce.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
KenSPT wrote:Would I buy this shirt? No, however insulting it and the people who like it is wrong. Obviously if it's in the Fog people enjoy it, good for them, who really cares?

If you don't like it, don't buy it ... it's the awesome thing about commerce.

your my favorite person ever...

Please check it out

waacodemon

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10044]Where's the party Dude?
[img=100x100]http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/highgrassfarm/Wheres_the_party_Dude_-4mn807-d.jpfg[/itmg][/wurl]

Wittle teeny foo-foo is this

I once ate a cricket.

waacodemon

waacodemon wrote:w t f is this

I once ate a cricket.

waacodemon

Re: Falling Apart (Redux)

I like it, good luck catchin up with everyone else! *giggles* tee-hees!

I once ate a cricket.

aafrantz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aafrantz
Re: Cold Hearted (resub)

this is a great concept, i like how the drawing is still a bit messy..adds a retro effect to the entire shirt..love it

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Falling Apart

The idea is really cool, and it's executed well, but what veins and arteries are you going for? Just in general, or are those supposed to be the aorta and the vena cava?

sayah

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sayah
surflunesta wrote:I like it Sayah....you got my vote. Not to mention I miss REAL punk music and the slamdancing that went along with it

i was backstage at a Social Distortion concert last week...the mosh pit is alive but severely sanitized. People actually helping other people up....outrageous.

changitoman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages changitoman

Thanks. That was kind of the style I was going for. I'm glad someone noticed and appreciated it.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

dhonch wrote:Nice Catch! A crane perched on a box full of fish. Origami (paper folded into 3D objects). This is resub with red color instead of cream. Thought red makes it more eyecatching.

Oops. Looks like someone had an accident. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

gallowsrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallowsrose
Re: Where's the party Dude?

I believe that would be a bong.

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
cookofthesea wrote:thats pretty good!

thanks for the kind words. yours is very good... and sick, i love it.

janaknowles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janaknowles
2thFairy wrote:I *know* I have seen this before. I'm racking my brains trying to remember. At least I'm not the only one thinking it.

me too...i swear ive seen this...i thought it was here maybe in antoher derby...but i'm not sure.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

unchaotic wrote:Actually there's a lot more than just this one piece you speak of. Many artists have done things like this, including a simple drawing of a hammer that says it's not a hammer. There was an entire art exhibit in Australia titled "This is not Art".

So no, it's not "based on that painting with the pipe".

I said nothing of the sort. You may wish the direct your comment to jtrowe. ^_^

EDIT: Spoke too soon. That's what I get for trying to catch up. >_<;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mxmvlcty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxmvlcty

I want this shirt!!