bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
Re: Surf Australia

very clever take on the tears in shirt idea.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
JadenKale wrote:ZOMG F.lava Flav!!! L O L

My husband told me to do one like this! I figured we'd see one! Nicely done!

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
Re: L'ego

That is great and I hope you don't rejected.
Now you just need a hard hat to sell along with it to complete the outfit!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Chest Cat

It's ceiling cat! :-)

http://www.srhuston.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/rocceilingcat.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

Re: Pez Head

lawl...too much funny stuff this derby ^^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: I Heart Mr Potato Head

Looks like it would be a good shirt.woot daily. Have you considered submitting directly to woot? Always easier than slogging it out through the derby.

Check out my blog:Here!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Superhero Revealed

Nice shirt tearing Andy! Well done.

annabellee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabellee
Re: The Man Behind the Curtain

I like the idea, I just don't like the colors together.

JadenKale

quality posts: 180 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Behold the technology!

This was marked as rejected earlier.... *confused*

Zorro22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zorro22
Re: Zorro Strikes Again

Snap! Someone took my character! :D

We must not fear daylight just because it almost always illuminates a miserable world. - René Magritte

SailorButterfly

Re: Sorry, I'm smokin'

Oops..gonna need to be on a shirt template. Might want to slap the design on one and get it resubmitted before you risk losing many votes...

Zorro22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zorro22

Beautiful! Could be on Threadless! Love the illustrative style.

We must not fear daylight just because it almost always illuminates a miserable world. - René Magritte

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie

Is Lego a trademarked image? I hope not because I genuinely like this idea. Great job!

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
derekfilley wrote:Very cool idea and great execution. Sweet!

You folks are gonna make me cry Not good for a dude.

Thanks so much... I love this design more than anything else I've done so far. Whether or not it wins, matters not in a way, since I'm just so freaking happy right now that people like him.

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Re: Sorry, I'm smokin'

It will get rejected anyway, gradients and/or halftones

jbenge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbenge
JadenKale wrote:This was marked as rejected earlier.... *confused*

I resubmitted with further explanation

brizad77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizad77
derekfilley wrote:I'll ask them to go as low as possible of course. If the shirt's tucked in, it won't matter if it's not right on the edge.

love it...but not sure i want to tuck a t-shirt in :P

also...i fear the dreaded R word...i hope not.

brizad77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizad77

pls delete

2005vette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2005vette
Re: Evil Heart

Any Comments?

bighanz9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bighanz9
maksterx wrote:i dont get this, whats the reference here

It's from Star Wars. The Imperial Navy folk have blocks like this that signify their rank.

braverun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages braverun
Re: Home is Where the Heart Is.

So this is my favorite shirt up so far. I want to buy it, and then wear it.
I really like the execution and colors of this design. Thanks for making something amazing!

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
bfassburg wrote:very clever take on the tears in shirt idea.

Thank you. There some great designs out there already...ugh.

benchmademan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benchmademan

Man, I love both of your designs. You've got my vote for both. hope they get into the fog.

derekorr11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekorr11

i smell a rejection

AlvinPing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlvinPing
Andy47240 wrote:I think what sells this shirt for me is the believable water spill on the shirt.

Ditto. Very nice job skektek!

• Alvin

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
SailorButterfly wrote:hmmm...the lighter looks good, but I don't know if they'll consider it on theme or not. Not up to me, though.

From Wikipedia:

"Trompe-l'œil is an art technique involving extremely realistic imagery in order to create the optical illusion that the depicted objects really exist, instead of actually being a two-dimensional painting."

That's what I'm going for. If it's rejected, then it's because I didn't pull it off. :^)

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie
Re: 3x heart

I don't understand how this fits the theme, other than there's a heart in the same spot where it is in the body. Can someone explain it to me? I don't mean to be overly critical.

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
ruesifus wrote:RobGlenn, This shirt is alredy in existance. Love your site btw.
http://www.glarkware.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=1824

Oof.

Pair that with JetPack already being in existence, and you're not doing so hot, Rob

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
bluchez wrote:I could be wrong, but I think the halftone dots are too small for their printing capabilities, in both entries. Good luck!

This theme sort of begs the question of what the limits are, really. Nobody from Woot has ever addressed the 300dpi requirement and how that translates to the printing process. I've looked at shirts I've bought from Woot and inks do "bleed" a bit - that shouldn't harm the design much. It may even soften the graphic and make it look more realistic.

The question is really whether a 1x1 or 2x2 pixel sized object clogs the screen or not.

AlvinPing

derekfilley wrote:Looks like it would be a good shirt.woot daily. Have you considered submitting directly to woot? Always easier than slogging it out through the derby.

Agreed... the art on this is fantastic. It'd be a shame to see it get lost amidst the sea of entries in the derby.

btw, what shirt color is this?

• Alvin

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque
Re: 3x heart

But is it "two sizes, too small"???

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: The muppet shawl

wow this is good

KenSPT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KenSPT

I love it, you've got my vote, but I've gotta' believe it's gonna' be rejected cause it has the Pez logo.

AlvinPing

gargrazz wrote:I've looked at shirts I've bought from Woot and inks do "bleed" a bit - that shouldn't harm the design much. It may even soften the graphic and make it look more realistic. The question is really whether a 1x1 or 2x2 pixel sized object clogs the screen or not.

The problem with small dots is that they, if placed far enough from each other, wont allow the ink to pass through. Placed too close, they'll bleed together and the area will be filled with much more ink than intended. I figured this out trying to make out what happened with my shirt.

• Alvin

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff
klswoot wrote:Could my first pucker shirt purchase also have a coffee theme. That would be perfect. Hope you get the votes! Great Pucker entry!

no lips?

Turbotuff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turbotuff

I like it, hope it doesn't get rejecto

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
AlvinPing wrote:Agreed... the art on this is fantastic. It'd be a shame to see it get lost amidst the sea of entries in the derby.

btw, what shirt color is this?

I agree that the art is fantastic but I would love to see both - dailies and derbies. I love having something great to root for each week.

amach06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amach06
brizad77 wrote:love it...but not sure i want to tuck a t-shirt in :P

also...i fear the dreaded R word...i hope not.

Great idea, but i never tuck in my t's.

Well there is always next year....

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Turbotuff wrote:no lips?

look closer. I thought it was still too obvious. Thanks all for the encouraging votes. I'm surprised there aren't any other coffee ring entries.

and have a super weekend, everybody!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Coeur de la Mer

A porthole looking towards Atlantis.

100% hand drawn with a mouse.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2