+ Add a Comment

Anthony3419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Anthony3419
Re: Gears Illusion......Can you see it spin?

Here is a larger version.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
bluchez wrote:still shows for sale for me? who knows. gl finding time for your next idea.

Whoever prints it, it is a cool shirt.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: I Heart Mr Potato Head

I find it incredible that this only has 20 votes. Jimiyo, I know you can't post for awhile yet but you should be aware that this really is a great design and obviously highly undervoted. The woot voting crowd is a really fickle bunch and it really is a shame gems like this get washed into the sea of mediocrity.

artulo

AlvinPing wrote:

btw, what shirt color is this?

Good question, I'm sure he'll answer when he can. Looks kinda asphalty to me but a little light.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
artulo wrote:Good question, I'm sure he'll answer when he can. Looks kinda asphalty to me but a little light.

looks like heather grey to me

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
bRnDn wrote:hmm...
grants magic powers you say...
This shirt will be MINE!!!

dekonstruct wrote:Hilarious! GMV

Thank you both!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: L'ego

I doff my cap in deference to thee sir!

Check out my blog:Here!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Discobiscuits wrote:just some white stick figures bailing out of a shirt with parachutes.

i thought they were poop. seriously *giggles* tee-hees!

and the flap doesn't fit the square at all....it's a triangle!

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r

Remember folks, the only way to get into the narwhal'd super secret society is by voting! Here are a few great members now!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
geekfactor12 wrote:Because I was curious, here's Bryan's entry:

Based on that, I'd say that this shirt and your shirt have almost nothing in common.

I can't imagine he was accusing me of anything. That would have been pretty silly. Thanks for doing the legwork GF12 ;-)

jwink wrote:Your composite only shows part of the gun, but your detailed image posed in this thread shows the whole gun which is it? I think you're better to go withe the image of the full gun and let the user tuck it in as needed.

The idea is to make it look like you have a nintendo zapper 85 peeking up from your pants. I posted the entire gun in the detail to show that I am not limited to the exact placment shown in the shirt pictures, more or less of the gun can be shown should this shirt win, and should woot (or voters) request it. Seeing as woot shirts do tend to be rather long, you may have a very good point about printing more of the gun. If it looks like I'm on the road to victory later this week i'll ping woot and see what they think.

deceptiveanomaly wrote:Just curious as to what the coolest tat ever is if the gun is second coolest.

You'll know it when you see it ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Stomach Demon

I've been living with that guy all week! Maybe if I vote for him he will move on.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

eatmorecoconuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatmorecoconuts
Re: Pocket FishMan

I wubble fish, but I would so buy this shirt in a heartbeat!

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: The Man Behind the Curtain

On the contrary I love the color combo... then again I kinda like ugly colors together.

>insert funny quote here<

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: YOU CAN’T TRICK THE TRICKSTER

This would be perfect if the top half of the tape were a shade of red to imply transparency... good idea though.

>insert funny quote here<

artulo

snarkygal wrote:looks like heather grey to me

oic, forgot about that one, heh. thanks.

amanda0730

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanda0730

I also think they look like chunks of poop. Especially that one closest to the bottom.

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
derekfilley wrote:You'll know it when you see it ;-)

not accusing you of anything except come on the tittle is exactly the same as my entry that had a zapper on it... i almost feel like i deserve some sort of credit... jk

packin heat is a common phrase its cool

Please check it out

amanda0730

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanda0730
Andy47240 wrote:That smell is not rejection...it is the sweet aroma of VICTORY!

*sniff*

nope, definitely rejection. The superman logo is def copyrighted or trademarked.

Andy47240

amanda0730 wrote:*sniff*

nope, definitely rejection. The superman logo is def copyrighted or trademarked.

Well it's probably the smell of ink from the rejector stamp, but I hope not! It's not a direct use of a logo, just a hint of it. You can't really make out a logo, you just assume it is what you think it is. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
-Andy

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=9785]GO! GO! GO! ... Oh, $

Huh? How is this in the fog? I guess name recognition goes a long way.

brizz

derekfilley wrote:The idea is to make it look like you have a nintendo zapper 85 peeking up from your pants. I posted the entire gun in the detail to show that I am not limited to the exact placment shown in the shirt pictures, more or less of the gun can be shown should this shirt win, and should woot (or voters) request it. Seeing as woot shirts do tend to be rather long, you may have a very good point about printing more of the gun. If it looks like I'm on the road to victory later this week i'll ping woot and see what they think.

i'm not sure i care for this strategy. so you can move it wherever you like later? having the entire gun low on the shirt ruins the effect you are going for by showing it cut off at the bottom. that's two different designs if you ask me. And not a very good precedent.

Submit what you expect printed, not what you wish they could with the promise of changing it later.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Discobiscuits wrote:just some white stick figures bailing out of a shirt with parachutes.

Until just now, I thought they were playing football. Er, shouldn't there be straps if it's a parachute?

techminion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techminion
Re: Operation

This shirt idea is awesome!

bfassburg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfassburg
eyeslikesugar wrote:You do realize that everything on ED is sarcastic and never to be taken srsly.. right?

Somethings are too overboard to be funny, even if meant sarcastically. I have learned this through experience and watching Freddie Got Fingered and old episodes of the Tom Green show. But it is good to know that they aren't serious (if this is really true -- they say really bad things).

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
geekfactor12 wrote:Until just now, I thought they were playing football. Er, shouldn't there be straps if it's a parachute?

Come on dawg, they BE STICK FIGURES!!! *giggles*

Playing football, that's pretty good. Poop makes sense, but football? XD

RobertStumbaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
Re: Win Me a Prize!

kikass idea!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
techminion wrote:This shirt idea is awesome!

So awesome threadless is nearly sold out

Andy47240

Winner!

snarkygal

Discobiscuits wrote:Come on dawg, they BE STICK FIGURES!!! *giggles*

Playing football, that's pretty good. Poop makes sense, but football? XD

Well, if they are parachutes, what happened to the last guy...huh? Dude, this shirt makes no sense and a triangle shapped flap? No, Nope, Negative, Uh Uh, Nein, Lo and Nyet!

snarkygal

snarkygal wrote:Well, if they are parachutes, what happened to the last guy...huh? Dude, this shirt makes no sense and a triangle shaped flap? No, Nope, Negative, Uh Uh, Nein, Lo!

Discobiscuits

snarkygal wrote:Well, if they are parachutes, what happened to the last guy...huh? Dude, this shirt makes no sense and a triangle shapped flap? No, Nope, Negative, Uh Uh, Nein, Lo!

Could the fourth fold be under the bottom right one? I think so.

And if you couldn't figure out what happened to the last guy, I can only feel so bad for you. Read the smurfing title and quit touching on my design please (no pun intended)...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I'm throwing all my weekly derby energy behind this entry! Fantastic!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Poor Worm

My first submission for this derby. Worms eye view of a bunch of robins ;)
Just in case anyone is curious, I made this one first in 3d and then rendered out to 2d

snarkygal

Discobiscuits wrote:Could the fourth fold be under the bottom right one? I think so.

And if you couldn't figure out what happened to the last guy, I can only feel so bad for you. Read the smurfing title and quit touching on my design please (no pun intended)...

hey dude, that's what the comment section is here for

brizz

Discobiscuits wrote:Could the fourth fold be under the bottom right one? I think so.

you do realize it is going to get axed for using gradients in the detail and shirt comp, right? you might as well pull it now and resub.

Andy47240

tgentry wrote:I'm throwing all my weekly derby energy behind this entry! Fantastic!

I have no pull with anyone, not even in my own home, but I am pushing this design. To the top Baby!

brizz

and there'd be a visible crease ; )

bjdezek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjdezek
Re: Monsters and Things Climbing Your Shirt; Ahh!

i wouldn't buy a lot, but i'd buy this.

soothedbyrainfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall

Glad you guys/gals like it! I thought it was a fun idea

soothedbyrainfall.net

Discobiscuits

brizz wrote:and there'd be a visible crease ; )

Yep. Shadows ftw, aye? Would have to be a gradient typically, and I wouldn't wanna touch that. I'm sure someone could easily sketch it up in there, but bleh. Just enjoy the shirt for now I guess -_-

Or scenario 2. They cut a perfect triangle and then continued to cut which led the fold to be triangular shaped... :o The possibilities (and laziness!!!) :D