rws402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rws402
Re: Leap Years don't matter when you're dead.

are these marshmallows?
I'm not sure I understand it, but then again, English isn't my first language.

Seismogenic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seismogenic
Re: Four More Years!

February 29th may not be eligible for the summer Olympics, but he's always in time for presidential primaries and caucuses, and hasn't yet grown tired of running (and losing). If elected, he plans to promote equal rights for all, including the right for each and every day to be on the calendar each and every year.

And since it looks like I did not quite make the preview image big enough for the text to be entirely legible...
The text at the top reads, "No day left behind."

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
Patchitect wrote:naw - its never my intention to offend or even attack... but apparently folks tend to misinterpret a lot around here.. must be contagious.. it certainly seems infectious..

maybe a good vaccine is needed...

You forgot delicious.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
Weaselon wrote:Clever. But Yellow on Green?

Kind of John Deere-esque, no? I tried a variety of colors, and as a male engineer, I have no idea what schemes look good to most. My wife approved of these colors, though, so they're probably better than my original pink on yellow.

AdderXYU wrote:If I've learned anything, it's that the best way to spend at least a little time in the fog is to have a shirt with a gimmick. Optical illusions, Mad fold-ins, really anything that could make someone do a double take, it will be voted for in droves. I'm shocked the "3D shirt" on DBH that looks like a water-soaked ink stain wasn't submitted here.

Exactly, we need to learn from the votes; this is the voice of our potential customer. Personally, I enjoy cleverness as much as great art, and I'm glad others do too. We're here to buy and make c.ool t-shirts, not art for art's sake, though that may coincide with what people want to wear. I know you're speaking tongue-in-cheek Adder, but us submitters should recognize that this about one's skill in creating as broad appeal as possible, not about telling people that their taste is wrong. Btw, great work on "Annexing"; you gmv.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
Re: Annexing February

Fantastic idea. Hits the derby theme right on without a printed word. I'd like to see this on a real leap year calendar; you could do a whole stick figure calendar theme with the holiday squares being decorated by workers.

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Giraffe Leap Years Calendar

WAIT!!! ISN'T A GIRAFFE'S TONGUE BLACK/BLUE???????? NOT RED???????

kuchiewoochie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kuchiewoochie

kuchiewoochie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kuchiewoochie
Re: leap year

too webby. but good idea.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
haxrox wrote:Fantastic idea. Hits the derby theme right on without a printed word. I'd like to see this on a real leap year calendar; you could do a whole stick figure calendar theme with the holiday squares being decorated by workers.

reverse psychology... i like you, sneaky mcgee.

ZMacsai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZMacsai
KENPARS0NS wrote:Because I'm an dumb-ass who forgot to re-save his JPEG before posting... The first row on the final EPS file that was uploaded reads:

1582 - 1584 - 1588 - 1592 - 1596

how could both 1582 and 1584 have been leap years... its only 2 years apart.

omnipotent32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omnipotent32
Re: Giraffe Leap Years Calendar

Pretty Cute. Outside of it being cute, is there a reason for the giraffes? Rat's would have made more sense (but admittedely harder to make cute)

Woot!
12/9/07 Viore HDTV Wizard Portable HDTV Tuner
Woot.Shirt!
12/9/07 "Unfriendly Locals" , 2/15/07 "Anatomy Test", "Sliced Bread", "Herd? What Herd?", "The Cake is a Liar", "Swimm Little Nessie!", "Angry Day" and "TAG"

Gumiho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gumiho
Patchitect wrote:Very nice.. i hadnt thought about that relationship before.. but yeah, leap years would fall on the same zodiacs...

EDIT.. and i'm a Rat, btw

I started the design, and then halfway through the process, I panicked and had to make a color coded chart to assure myself that they did always fall on the ame ones. It's pretty cool for the rats, dragons, and monkeys; a little less for those other 9 years. I'm a rat too. It's our year.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
sayah wrote:If woot consumers were 9 year olders, this would be a hands down winner.
good job!

You know Sayah, there have been cute entries that have won here time and time again (Fablefire's entries come to mind) and I like her entries (so do many others if she's still selling her Scurvy shirt). I also like Edgar's entries which have a wonderful simplicity to his designs and he's got a great following. I honestly don't care for your attempt to rip on my design nor do I care for the lame attempt at sarcasm. If you insist on being negative, take it elsewhere. I don't have time for negativity like that.

sh4ne

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sh4ne
Re: Portal Leap Year

*giggles* tee-hees! i dont think woot allows portal references. clever idea, though!

=)

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Aztec Stonemasons hated leap day

I love this! Excellent design, totally wearable.

I want one!

JadenKale

komiks wrote:I read them as "Eap! Eap! Eap!" at first. The L is like, detached from the rest of the word.

When you arch the text, it will warp the letters a bit. The L can only bend one way to get across the leaping idea. I tried it a few different ways, This has the letter spacing much closer than normal just to keep it from looking so detached like it did with the original leading.

spiderdyne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiderdyne
Re: Why Leap Year Exists (resub)

How do I make a signature that shows the thumbnail of my design on it?

Babbaganusch??!Dolphins

Mbenji

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mbenji

Funny as hell.

Take my money

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
JadenKale wrote:You know Sayah, there have been cute entries that have won here time and time again (Fablefire's entries come to mind) and I like her entries (so do many others if she's still selling her Scurvy shirt). I also like Edgar's entries which have a wonderful simplicity to his designs and he's got a great following. I honestly don't care for your attempt to rip on my design nor do I care for the lame attempt at sarcasm. If you insist on being negative, take it elsewhere. I don't have time for negativity like that.

You sir, are no fablefire.

Draakan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draakan
sh4ne wrote:*giggles* tee-hees! i dont think woot allows portal references. clever idea, though!

Well it is my first shot at designing a shirt, so I thought I would give it a go.

zak1ap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zak1ap
spiderdyne wrote:Hey gang, I'm fairly new to this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The apostrophe should be at the beginning of the word "cause" instead of after ninja.

greenrobots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenrobots
Re: Til leap year gives her one day more.

This shirt (and all the others like it) make me think that I could put some words in a circle with some swirly crap radiating from it and all of you people would vote for it. And for the record, I bought a nearly identical shirt on final clearance at Old Navy for 99 cents 2 years ago and never wore it.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Februarium- The Bissextile Element

A new element has just been discovered! It has a half life of four years, is found in high quantities in frogs, kangaroos, and rabbits. It is Februarium! With an atomic weight of 365.25, it is the heaviest yet bounciest element yet discovered. Surprisingly, noone has done a design like this yet!

tiaerman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiaerman

..... is awesome!!! very nice color choice!! I love this shirt. My girlfriend only saw "year" at first, but i only saw "leap".. lolol.. we are always opposite on everything.. its really wierd. anyway, great job!!!! GMV!

There are 10 types of people: those who know binary, and those who don't.

sublimelyhowl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sublimelyhowl
Re: Til leap year gives her one day more.

Kls, I love this shirt, but the text seems a bit forced. The colors, however, are perfect, and I for one would love to see a similar design in another derby without the text.

AdderXYU

Re: Februarium- The Bissextile Element

You've hit gold twice now, skekky

tiaerman

Re: Do the Math

I have to have this shirt!! If they don't print this im going to be very very very sad. I'm such a math nerd... Very very very well done!! Good luck.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AdderXYU wrote:You've hit gold twice now, skekky

Too bad it may be late to the party- but I woke up and had the idea. Had to make it happen before I went back to bed. Glad U like it!

tiaerman

mjc613 wrote:I'm female.

meaningless post?? Im confused.. lolol... sigfigs = bah humbug

Also, I figured out a way around the "*giggles tee-hees*" thing that woot does. It was driving me crazy... lolol

AdderXYU

SkekTek wrote:Too bad it may be late to the party- but I woke up and had the idea. Had to make it happen before I went back to bed. Glad U like it!

the sad truth is that this derby, by definition, will not get a purchase out of me, and the sadder truth is that I don't know if this is a fog entry. It's still total gold, though, whether it does well or not. It's only fair you know, especially as unforgiving as I was on Imaginary Day

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926

As boring as it is to wear a clearly-leap-year-themed shirt, there's got to be a more obvious way of getting the theme across than this. Three little pandas and one big panda does not mean leap year to anyone, touching paragraph of explanation or not.

You that are voting for it and just doing so because you want to wear a cute panda shirt, and you know it.

sayah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
Patchitect wrote:oh.. there was a rock? and if the point was to see if folks would recognize a fairly well known character and treat it appropriately.. then well done!

so well known that no one has noted a reference.

way to hop on the band wagon lemming.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: The Last Leap Year

Ban plz, kthx.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Take the Leap on Feb. 29

Something old.
Something new.
Something borrowed.
Something blue.

Leap day (Feb. 29) is supposedly the day that women may propose to men for marriage. This tradition is believed to have begun in 5th century Ireland as per an agreement made between St. Bridget and St. Patrick.)

The 3 people in the design are adapted in a sketch style drawing from an 1888 leap year marriage comic. Sisters or cousins competing for the same man's attention on Leap Day.

"Take the Leap" is written below the design and the numbers 2 29 adorn either side of the lower scroll.

The roses are from my own photographs and were also drawn in a sketch style to give the look of a freehand illustration which I thought looked nice with the antique feel of the overall design.

Thank you for your votes.

techslave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techslave
Re: Born on leap year

Can not see Graphic-check your file type!

JadenKale

sayah wrote:You sir, are no fablefire.

I'm also not a sir. So I kindly ask you again to stop harassing me.

SailorButterfly

Re: The Day That Gets Away

How is it that this is less on topic than a shirt with 28 small warriors worshiping 1 big one? -_-'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SailorButterfly

rws402 wrote:are these marshmallows?
I'm not sure I understand it, but then again, English isn't my first language.

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be ghosts...

SailorButterfly

Re: Born on leap year

It's bigger than the first submission, but I still don't get it... >.<

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot