Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
klswoot wrote:Is this for Josephus' shirt? It's under his design....but I don't understand the comment.

Maybe it was meant for another shirt.



It seems to be about my shirt image, though i really don't understand it. I found these stone masks and thought they looked really nifty, and since they came from one of the big Aztec Museums in Mexico, and are Aztec, along with the statue, they seemed appropriate and fit with the mood I was trying to evoke- kind of, the foggy history of the Aztecs, and what exactly had to happen when leap year came around, with the Stonemasons having to go around to every single SunStone, chipping it apart, adding the extra day along the outside. Then, getting to work on making the replacement for the next year, since it wouldn't have that extra day.` Those Stonemasons were angry folk, no doubt about it. Dark spirited. Foggy.
let's get them to be more foggy, by voting them into the fog, where they will fit right in, with their anger, amid the clouds of war, etc. Votes, they just need all the votes that remain. I need the votes. My poor children need the votes.

;^)
Harrison Ford needs the votes too.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Take the Leap on Feb. 29



hstrawser wrote:I really like the blue on blue coloring. A really clever design!



Thank you so much. At first I had the roses in a sage green (similar to the leaves), but it made them look like heads of lettuce. So, I quickly changed to blue on blue. I thought about using rose or pink, but I thought it would look 'too girly'. It's still a feminine design, but I can see men wearing the light blue and pulling off the design. Especially because the dapper fellow in the center is the focus of the design.

Thanks again!

Aberrantic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
brizz wrote:well i disagree completely on it's wearability, or that anyone will get it without explanation. this isn't a dig on tgentry at all...you'll note in my sig i own three of his shirts! This one is a miss though imho....drab and guaranteed to generate too many huh? inquiries from people who see it.



I guess I just don't feel it's all that drab. Sure, the colours aren't terribly bright, but they can't all be psychedelic frogs (although I like that one, too. What can I say? I'm a hippie.)

Iambusyeating


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
superspryte wrote:As long as it doesn't change the *design* of the shirt it shouldn't matter. Just send it. ^_^

EDIT: As I kept reading I saw that you did. tee hee ^_^;



Thanks for your advice... I've been hyperventilating over this all day.

Aberrantic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
Re: Leap Day Serpent



This is so neat. Because I was looking for it, I could see the 0229, but if I hadn't known, I wouldn't have seen it at all, so it's totally wearable year-round, which is good, because it's an awesome shirt. GMV!

runn4life09


quality posts: 0 Private Messages runn4life09
Re: Join The Awesome Party



+1... i dont know where to vote at...

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Patchitect wrote:no - her chop isnt a lame ass scrawl... What i'm afraid of is someones John Hancock emblazoned over a perfectly good design to satisfy thier ego or something. In that same post to rouge angel i said that hers is incorporated into the work, which is something i can appreciate. Anytime something is Thoughtfully considered, i can appreciate it..



Oh.. I understand now.

klawrence


quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
runn4life09 wrote:+1... i dont know where to vote at...



You can't until you buy something.

klawrence


quality posts: 1 Private Messages klawrence
Re: 365.25x4=?



This looks cool, but it makes me feel dumb because I don't get it.

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
tgentry wrote:DUD! This design is made of fail! I'd wubble to be the guy that did it. Or his family!

I'm gonna have nightmares about this baby. thanks a lot. ;^)

zornzorn33


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zornzorn33
Re: HAPPY 2000TH BIRTHDAY (resub)



reference
http://www.bibletime.com/tool/spec/roman/
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/server/show/conWebDoc.349

redghia69


quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Just because.....


This is a little late, but I thought it would be fun to post anyhow. Feel free to click the "I'd want one" button!
And here's an extra little detail:


Please don't forget to check out the frog and his friends!

cwilco01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwilco01

I Absolutely adore this shirt Go Lemmings! GO!!

wooterer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
mendaliv wrote:Why would you wear this to China when the character for the day of the week isn't in Simplified Chinese?

I'd just have gone with 2月29日 and saved the confusion, plus gotten the Japanese speakers in on it too.



I guess I should have called it "for your next trip to Hong Kong"...

But I still think it looks cool.

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

...

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
mendaliv wrote:Why would you wear this to China when the character for the day of the week isn't in Simplified Chinese?

I'd just have gone with 2月29日 and saved the confusion, plus gotten the Japanese speakers in on it too.



attention to detail is not one of wooterer's strong points *giggles* tee-hees!

brizz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz

..

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Just because.....



Incredibly well done! Adorable and a great idea as well. I'm jealous of the way you were able to make the little creatures come to life, and hope that I can get there!

cwilco01


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwilco01

Its awesome even if it is a quick design!! I dig it. I wubble pants too....

heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Just because.....



Great drawing skillz. I love your zodiac animal shirt too.

bcunningham14


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcunningham14

Does no one else find that completely hilarious?!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
chemprincess5 wrote:YAY!!! Finally, a chemistry shirt Good luck!



Thanks! Glad chemists like it! I need the science contingent vote BAD!

Aberrantic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
Re: Leap Year in the Sky With Diamonds



I really like the colours in this and the way you made it seem as if there are more than 6 colours, although I have to say I'm kinda surprised the powers that be haven't rejected this for only having to do with leaping and not the calendar event, as so many others have fallen prey to that. Still, I hope they continue to overlook it and it makes it back into the fog. GMV

Aberrantic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
Re: World End Giraffe Leap Years Calendar



*giggles*, I like this version better than the original... although I do hope the Earth makes it farther than 2012

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
zornzorn33 wrote:reference
http://www.bibletime.com/tool/spec/roman/
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/server/show/conWebDoc.349



These links indicate that the pattern of a leap day occurring every four years started in 8 A.D., but that leap years were invented previous to that year (they were just on a bad schedule). 8 A.D. is not the first leap year, it's just the first one where they started doing it every four years.

jbenge


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbenge
zornzorn33 wrote:OK let's settle this. On average, a birth occurs 267 days after ovulation (that would be 6/11/2011). The ovum must be fertilized within a day and sperm remain "potent" for about 2 days. You would need to abstain from 6/9/11 to 6/12/11. This does not mean a birth cannot be premature or late. So you need to decide what to do with those who are born on 2/29/12 anyway.

After presenting the age paradox for people born on 2/29, my 6 year old son insists that no one can possibly be born on 2/29.



I was sorta goin for the whole 9 month/3 trimester deal thing...but you make a valid point. Perhaps it should be Leap Year Birthday Awareness Month!

Alas, I just don't see that many people abstaining for the entire month.

Do what you can for the kids people and remember...friends know when to say when.

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
brizz wrote:Capital L A M E

I would NEVER buy a shirt with gratuitous signatures inserted like that. it's the height of pretension.



Oh, I bet you would...

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
brizz wrote:it's till insufferably pretentious, and i would never vote for or buy a design with that element in it.



Just so you guys know....somehow the comments about Rogue's signature chop is appearing in the thread for my entry. Probably got off-track somewhere. So, the artist may not see the comments for her entry.

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
brizz wrote:Capital L A M E

I would NEVER buy a shirt with gratuitous signatures inserted like that. it's the height of pretension.



This is meant under the serpent entry...it's showing in my loopy swirly one ... might want to redirect your comments to the correct entry.

cookofthesea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookofthesea
Re: The Winner By TKO



hahah I like this one

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10291

cookofthesea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookofthesea
Re: Just because.....



Mine heart-strings have been plucked! hahaha

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10291

cookofthesea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookofthesea
Re: Leap Day Serpent



pretty creative, good job

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10291

karnacle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages karnacle
Re: The Winner By TKO



NICE! I love the idea, raise the image a little and I can see this as a 1st place baby. WOOOOOO!

cookofthesea


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookofthesea
Re: Leap Year for Dummies



this is funny but you may want to resub with a different name, I know in the past if you take the actual logo/name, some have been rejected. great idea though, just fyi

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=10291

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: The Winner By TKO



Not that I'm a big fan of the other one, but the concept here seems very much inspired by the December 32nd shirt.

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: The Winner By TKO



Very Funny!



Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: 365.25x4=?



Please, Please, Please explain??? I wubble it when I'm out of the loop.



superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

klswoot wrote:This is meant under the serpent entry...it's showing in my loopy swirly one ... might want to redirect your comments to the correct entry.


They probably don't care if she sees it or not, to be honest. o_O

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: 365.25x4=?


I have a feeling it has something to do with not leaping and getting your legs cut off because of it.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

redghia69


quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Just because.....


What fun to step away for a while and come back to such nice comments -- and votes to go with them! Thanks everyone.
How far can it go?