Pretty sweet.

Igei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Igei
Re: Annexing February

Yeah this is pretty awesome.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Giraffe Leap Years Calendar

I want a Polo shirt where instead of an embroidered guy-on-a-horse, there's the giraffe with the tongue sticking out. So cute! hehe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

moonligh7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonligh7
Re: Portal Leap Year

um...i play the hell out of this game and love the hell out of this game. bogus quote.

sycamor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sycamor

You have no units on line 4!

hermanbaggins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hermanbaggins

for the win!

gorillapimp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gorillapimp
Re: Just because.....

c'mon people, put it in the fog!

nyadolla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyadolla
janaknowles wrote:That's not hopscotch...that's leap frog...

You are right, that's what I meant, but how do I change the title now to LeapFrog MMVIII?

Mbenji

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mbenji
Re: Annexing February

quite clever.

Take my money

Lighter

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Lighter
Re: Leap Year Aliteration - Polo Style

I really wish this was one of the allowed shirt colors. I'm starting to get bored with the existing choices!

shan24

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shan24
nyadolla wrote:You are right, that's what I meant, but how do I change the title now to LeapFrog MMVIII?

Unfortunately you can't just change the title, without resubmitting it and having to start from scratch again with the votes. I don't know if it's worth all that.

trippregan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trippregan
mjc613 wrote:I see no alliteration, although it is mentioned in the title.

Indeed, you're all correct, sort of...

I did submit this in haste and it now shows!

Instead of alliteration [which I also misspelled!] I think I meant allegory, or def. personification...

Regardless, it's a late submit that I didn't think would get noticed at all, but I thought I'd throw something together anyway. It's not even my style, and I much prefer Derbies that ban the use of text, so... perhaps this is why!

Master the Cap•A•Cooz and you've mastered life

cheer4vols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols
sycamor wrote:You have no units on line 4!

oh quit being so darn nit-picky

trippregan

Lighter wrote:I really wish this was one of the allowed shirt colors. I'm starting to get bored with the existing choices!

Huh? Is asphalt no longer allowed?

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
trippregan wrote:Huh? Is asphalt no longer allowed?

Sure, asphalt is still one of the most popular choices as well. That's not asphalt...your comp makes it look more of a teal/navy.

And yes, woot does need more shirt color choices. Or maybe replace a few of the lesser used ones. This is off topic, but Threadless just upped their color choices now that they have their own brand tee...I'm interested in how it feels/fits compared to AA.

nyadolla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nyadolla
shan24 wrote:Unfortunately you can't just change the title, without resubmitting it and having to start from scratch again with the votes. I don't know if it's worth all that.

Ok, thanks. By the way, I liked your post it t-shirt. Was too late to purchase on the day it went on sale..

jrooey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrooey

Hey everyone, unfortunately I missed the submission deadline by minutes but would still appreciate your input as it will be constructive towards my next entry.

I must not know how to format despite following the formatting guide so I'm just going to put the link here. Thanks in advance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12625713@N04/2279333743/

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
parkermc wrote:This is a great design! I would buy this today, if I could. That being said, the asphalt shirt color worries me with the brown lemmings. I'm thinking of 'Taking Flight' (in similar colors) and 'Full of Ink' (dark purple on asphalt). They are both extremely nice shirts that I'm proud to wear, but the designs are awfully difficult to make out on the asphalt. Some folks are even dying/bleaching the shirts for that reason. The extensive detailing on this design makes me think some of it will get lost in the depths of the sea of asphalt, especially the divers, swimmers, and shadows.

To sum up: I love it. I'd buy it, even on asphalt (and I already own 8 asphalt shirts). I really, REALLY wish Shirt.Woot would offer AA's silver shirt as a design option along with a few other, lighter colors (that are not cream).

You're right Parker....I didn't think about the color issues either on the lemmings print. I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as the dark brown on my Taking Flight shirt. Hopefully the colors are light enough that they contrast with the dark gray...but the asphalt tee really does look darker than the woot template.

That being said, I'd like to see it in the fog and I'm soooo curious how many more votes it needs. I think it has the momentum to be in the fog by this afternoon/evening.

RobertStumbaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
lauralm wrote:i think this is very elegant. the composition is really nice. i like how the design is laid out on the shirt, and the colors are cool. definately a cool shirt.

Thanks for the encouragement. I like the design too but I think I need to make my shirts more flashy to attract more attention and possibly get printed.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB
Re: Aztec Stonemasons hated leap day

Vote!

This is one of the few that are actually WEARABLE.

Who wants a shirt with "Feb 29th" on it? Can't wear that without looking like a fool past Leap Day.

This shirt can be worn well past the Leap Day nonsense... it's an excellent, WEARABLE design... Unlike the shirts residing in the fog right now.

shan24

nyadolla wrote:Ok, thanks. By the way, I liked your post it t-shirt. Was too late to purchase on the day it went on sale..

Thanks!

moerahim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moerahim

Thankx. This is what happens when i procrastinate.

wabwab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wabwab

Awe, poor little bugger.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
ViolaineGray wrote:Wow, I really love this one. I hope it gets more of a bump in the coming days. Good luck from a Biochem major. ;)

Thanks! Can more folks vote for this so I can crack the top 10? Pleeeeeease??!?!

worthlesloth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages worthlesloth
moonligh7 wrote:um...i play the hell out of this game and love the hell out of this game. bogus quote.

agreed, game still being played, maybe not if you are a huge mod nerd, but..

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
GravityJMB wrote:Vote!

This is one of the few that are actually WEARABLE.

Who wants a shirt with "Feb 29th" on it? Can't wear that without looking like a fool past Leap Day.

This shirt can be worn well past the Leap Day nonsense... it's an excellent, WEARABLE design... Unlike the shirts residing in the fog right now.

Thank You!

I made the design in this way for just the reason you say- so that it can be worn at any time and still look good. well, maybe not to your wedding. ;^)

and please don't stop voting for it just because those accursed lemmings have run right over it- it can still get up there, and into third place, if people keep voting for it!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
AdderXYU wrote:I'd say more experience than age. It's incredibly timeless if you know ANYTHING about music, and is actually all the funnier now that hair metal is out of vogue.

I agree with you on experience as well (I'm a musician, btw), but lean heavier on the age factor with this particular discussion.

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Hoppy Leap Year!

Thanks for the recent votes everyone!

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69

Hey, look at that! They're still climbing, and are poised to make the leap -- into the fog. Go lemmings! Everyone vote!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I'm rooting for this one to come in 3rd (or 2nd for that matter). I'd rather see this one get printed than my Stonehenge shirt, it's a lot more fun and the artist obviously put a lot of care into it. Best of luck.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

VOTE for the lemmings! It's awesome to see such a late entry climb the ranks. =) Red, You don't mind if I added a vote button to my sig, do you?

Love this shirt.

P.S. I love VWs.. and karmann's are no exception. My first car was an 89 VW Cabriolet convertible, and was even in a local VW car show. The Karmanns stole the show, however. ;)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
tgentry wrote:I'm rooting for this one to come in 3rd (or 2nd for that matter). I'd rather see this one get printed than my Stonehenge shirt, it's a lot more fun and the artist obviously put a lot of care into it. Best of luck.

TGentry- You're a class act. That's a very nice sentiment coming from another artist who's competing for a top 3 spot. Just wanted to point that out...

momentum1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momentum1
SailorButterfly wrote:Yeah, sorry...I made the suggestion right before Joel started rejecting the shirts that didn't specifically say the date or Leap Year/Day on them. ^^; Glad you didn't listen to me. l o l

*giggles* thanks though for your suggestion. I would rather not have the date in there either but..gotta stay with the theme. I guess I did ok for my first shirt.
the voting in this one seems to be a little flawed if you ask me but oh well maybe next time. If I ever mass produce this shirt myself I will be sure to get a hold of you and get one to you somehow. *giggles*.

momentum1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages momentum1

damn giggles ...everytime you type ( h a h a ) it automatically does that.
sorry guys.

trippregan

artulo wrote:Sure, asphalt is still one of the most popular choices as well. That's not asphalt...your comp makes it look more of a teal/navy.

And yes, woot does need more shirt color choices. Or maybe replace a few of the lesser used ones. This is off topic, but Threadless just upped their color choices now that they have their own brand tee...I'm interested in how it feels/fits compared to AA.

Hmm, I'm not sure my computer is doing anything at this point, I used THE WOOT template... but I know what you mean.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
tgentry wrote:I'm rooting for this one to come in 3rd (or 2nd for that matter). I'd rather see this one get printed than my Stonehenge shirt, it's a lot more fun and the artist obviously put a lot of care into it. Best of luck.

tgentry, that means a lot coming from you. IMO yours wins for concept fitting the theme. I don’t begrudge you a single vote.

p.s. I was so looking forward to buying the prospector shirt. ...shocked and saddened.

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
redghia69 wrote:tgentry, that means a lot coming from you. IMO yours wins for concept fitting the theme. I don’t begrudge you a single vote.

p.s. I was so looking forward to buying the prospector shirt. ...shocked and saddened.

Yeah how did that happen? I was a fixin to buy that shirt.

atlinden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atlinden
Re: Til leap year gives her one day more.

I really like this shirt and I really like your shirts that are this style KLS. I think it is a good thing to have a style that people can recognize. Think about famous artist in history and tell me that they don't have a style that is their own that makes their work easy to pick out of a crowd. But I will say this about the shirt. I do like the placement but i feel that the image on the shirt makes it look like the design might be a bit too big. I fell like a shirt with the design placed near the shoulder or one of the corners should spill over too much into the center of the shirt. Maybe if the streams coming off the main design did more that would be fine but it seems to me that the main portions of the design is too big for that maybe its because of the text. I also feel that the text over complicates the image a bit but it also works well the way you did it. Just thought I would try and throw some constructive but friendly criticism into the forum. I will say I think this is a very good looking drawing though I just thing parts of it don't quit seem to transfer over to the shirt. But I really like shirts with placements like this one, centered shirts are boring. But good job and good luck on this and your future entries.

reing7299

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reing7299

Any one remember that Lemmings game that came out back ing like '92? i love this shirt it reminds me of that sooo much (plus i've been playing lemmings addictivly for the last month).

shan24

reing7299 wrote:Any one remember that Lemmings game that came out back ing like '92? i love this shirt it reminds me of that sooo much (plus i've been playing lemmings addictivly for the last month).

I love Lemmings the game! I just found it online again recently too.