mugsymorgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mugsymorgan

Bring this shirt back! I didn't get the chance to buy it!

Alex Morgan

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
sigaru wrote:yeah, so maybe i'll buy it tomorrow. 'cause at 7:00 this morning [eastern], it was sold out already.

or maybe not. i need to save money, and it's not my favorite shirt ever....

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski

from the looks of SDS "devil went down to georgia" is def in 4th. not waffling in and out tied for third like it was all day wednesday. on thursday people came out en masse to say that they like kung fu and little bunny foofoo better.

personally, "devil" was my favorite by far, and i am way surprised that "the lime in the coconut" smoked all the other entries so handily. oh well.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
jeezpf wrote:I'm really sad this isn't on the bright blue that was shown in the derby. I think that made it pop even more. I still bought one because I think it is awesome... but it would have been better on the bright blue!

The shirt was designed on navy in the derby...the shirt templates provided by woot for the derby show the navy as lighter than it really is. There is no shirt color that would really look like this:

The next blue would be royal, which would be really bright. Example:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

SailorButterfly

lanceyoder wrote:come on woot! it's march 14...i expected something with pi on it! maybe next year

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are always derby winners, regardless of the date. Gonna be a few more years before March 14 lands on a daily day, so unless they have a PI derby theme the week before March 14, I wouldn't expect much from woot. l o l

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
slitch1 wrote:Really?? I am in the same boat. I like this shirt (although the first thing I thought was lighter shirt color would be better, with a beachy shirt like this) and thought 2am wasnt tooo bad. Damn ....

yep... that's how we're able to sell some of the winning shirts as well as dailies. So if you want the coconut shirt, you can come back after midnight tomorrow and buy it with this link http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=4962
The other thing to watch is the Reckoning which warns buyers on Fridays to buy their shirts before the official weekly reckoning on Mondays. This allows them to rotate out shirts that aren't doing well or for some reason are just not selling well.

pentachris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pentachris

Am I the only one who thinks this song is clearly about freebasing cocaine? Chemical lime is a strong alkali, the coconut representing cocaine, and together they will give you a bellyache (well, they'll do that among other things...)

It's always seemed so obvious to me, yet I've never seen it printed anywhere or found anyone else who thought the same thing.

BTW - I'm bummed I missed the initial run. I might have to spend the extra $5 on this one later.

I fight authority - authority always wins.

robrbecker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robrbecker

Man that was a quick sellout. I want one for my wife who loves that song!

techy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techy

Faith and Begorrah, I can't belive I missed this one. I guess I'll get it tomorrow then :/

Objuan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Objuan

AHHHH I want one!!! Come on mann!! You need to sell more of these shirts!

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
pentachris wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this song is clearly about freebasing cocaine? Chemical lime is a strong alkali, the coconut representing cocaine, and together they will give you a bellyache (well, they'll do that among other things...)

It's always seemed so obvious to me, yet I've never seen it printed anywhere or found anyone else who thought the same thing.

BTW - I'm bummed I missed the initial run. I might have to spend the extra $5 on this one later.

oh hum... i've never thought about it. i'll buy it though.

stunngun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stunngun

Bah, needs a 'mix it all up' picture.

moparchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moparchris

Everybody's talkin at me......
I can't hear a woot they're sayin......

marccarroll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marccarroll

Now, let me get this straight,.. I didn't get one???? shameful

KeichanMew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KeichanMew

*pouts* I wanted one SO BAD!!! but it was sold out before I had the chance... Awesome shirt though, love the simplicity! Anyone who doesn't get it is lame cause that song is hilarious.

O(^.^)>--;--@ ~Katy~ @--;--<(^.^)O

I'm alright in bed but I'm better with a pen.

jesusXchrist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesusXchrist

*giggles*! i remember this! PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUT, LIME IN THE COCONUT, LIME IN THE COCONUT!

snoxxn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snoxxn

I kinda feel bad for women/girls buying this shirt. There are enough mother's being called "Biggie Smalls" already, and this shirt won't help matters.

lvuch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lvuch

harry nilsson song- coconut

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
snoxxn wrote:I kinda feel bad for women/girls buying this shirt. There are enough mother's being called "Biggie Smalls" already, and this shirt won't help matters.

I have no idea what that means.

geekgalconsulting

quality posts: 2 Private Messages geekgalconsulting

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I LOVE this shirt.. I can't believe I missed it!!!!

Anyone want to sell me theirs????

"Put the lime in the coke u nut"

Work like you don't need the money,
Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you've never been hurt.

SailorButterfly

geekgalconsulting wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I LOVE this shirt.. I can't believe I missed it!!!!

Anyone want to sell me theirs????

"Put the lime in the coke u nut"

You can buy it for $15 tomorrow using this link:

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=4962

(I just realized there was no Sad Rat this time...weird...)

brnscofrnld

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brnscofrnld

Might have to get this one tomorrow when it becomes available.

christipoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christipoo

Dammit! I really wanted one of these! I checked in at 1 a.m. Pacific Time and they were already sold out! If anyone got one and decides they no longer want it, lets talk....

rjreed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjreed

Oh, man. I need a reprise. An hour and a half and it's gone.

razzles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razzles

this shirt is so AWESOME!!!
offer it again pleaaasseeeee!!!!!!!!

niyana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niyana

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE offer this shirt again!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

niyana wrote:PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE offer this shirt again!

Just like every day, you can get this shirt tomorrow. The link for this one is here.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

Caligumby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caligumby
JadenKale wrote:you don't know that til the votes come in and they post all three shirts.

Second place was Kung Fu
Third Place was Bunny FooFoo

4th place with 538 give or take a few votes was Devil went down to Georgia..

frzlfry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frzlfry

I MUST have this shirt. I MUST! Anybody wanna sell theirs?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Caligumby wrote:Second place was Kung Fu
Third Place was Bunny FooFoo

4th place with 538 give or take a few votes was Devil went down to Georgia..

Woot hasn't posted the scores yet so those are only guesses.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

CherTJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CherTJ

Yay! I just got the shirt for $15....this is a must have for me, since it is my theme song, and everyone knows it. Bummer, that I fell asleep early last night though.

chiieddy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chiieddy

Thank you to all the posters who posted the second chance link. The minute I saw this shirt, I knew both myself and my husband HAD to have one. I described the shirt to him over a beer last night, "It's a picture of a lime. A picture of a coconut. An arrow" He laughed (and laughed and laughed). This song is a huge in joke for us.

I definitely encourage people to order through the second chance link. The more orders Woot gets, the faster the second run will go to press. :-)

indyhouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indyhouse

Why is it so hard to find the link to buy shirts the day after? I want one of these but I'm done searching for how to. Help!

--
Indyhouse

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

indyhouse wrote:Why is it so hard to find the link to buy shirts the day after? I want one of these but I'm done searching for how to. Help!

To make it easier, the link has been posted in this forum here, here, here, here and here for you. It is also linked in parentheses on the main page the day the shirt is being sold, where it lists what it is above the I Want One button.

tinxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinxster
superspryte wrote:Woot hasn't posted the scores yet so those are only guesses.

Shirtderbystats.com is usually in the ballpark, but this time they were way off...

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

tinxster wrote:Shirtderbystats.com is usually in the ballpark, but this time they were way off...

Shirtderbystats is usually way off and has been recently updated by cwarrington to hopefully be more accurate.

Jeremy1026

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jeremy1026

What is the link to buy this shirt after the fact?

jmblya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmblya

I missed out on this on Friday, but bought it yesterday. Love the song, love the shirt. But then, I go for simple, centered, reasonably-sized designs*. Guess I'm just a simpleton.

*Not that I don't appreciate huge, extremely detailed, and/or off-center designs as art, because I do. They're just not what I like to wear on a shirt.

"Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...

mhelman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhelman
superspryte wrote:To make it easier, the link has been posted in this forum here, here, here, here and here for you. It is also linked in parentheses on the main page the day the shirt is being sold, where it lists what it is above the I Want One button.

Thanks for the lesson, I could never figure out how you found the link to buy it the day afterwards... I always just read through the discussion thread in hopes that it would be posted here (because it usually is)

albie1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages albie1977

HA! I like your sense of humor, superspryte! To everyone who posted the link to buy this shirt, thank you. My wife LOVES this song and I know she'll be very happy to see this shirt! Thank you all again.

Nemo me impune lacessit