RobertStumbaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
mihalis aya wrote:Guilty as charged. The Fonzmoose is creeptastic. Still, I do love the Jimiyo and the Cho...

this shirt is not creepy, the moose man looks like a mild mannered gentle dude.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
RobertStumbaugh wrote:this shirt is not creepy, the moose man looks like a mild mannered gentle dude. google the word "spider" and stare at those pictures for a while, maybe by being creeped out by an actual creepy thing you will be cured of your condition of being creeped out by NOTHING!

I'm scared of lots of things. Spiders included. Anthropomorphic animals just give me the jibblies. I can still love the boys without loving this shirt, never fear.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
AdderXYU wrote:you think that's bad, look up "eh" on cafepress.

Wow, 504 "EH" shirts.
-Andy

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: It's payback time

he should be smoking.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
brizz wrote:he should be smoking.

Wait, we can still fix this- just have him holding a toothpick! ;)

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
geekfactor12 wrote:Wait, we can still fix this- just have him holding a toothpick! ;)

well personally, i'd just never ever let my kid wear a shirt glorifying guns and violence. It's an insidious influence and needs to stop.

mihalis aya

artulo wrote:Indeed, you can buy a child size mountie uniform shirt from a internet store based in Canada (as far as I can tell, since they take CAD as currency). But, I believe that my design is significantly different enough that it should be safe from any sort of copyright infringement. There are no logos or copyrighted images in my design anywhere, I drew it all by hand. Thanks for looking!

The internet store is the official store, run by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Veterans' Association. I'm seriously doubting your design is different enough to stay up--they've rejected on much shakier grounds. Good luck, though!

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
Re: It's payback time

Makes me think of the timeless lines about "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do you?"

This is a good design.

sreden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sreden

I do love Canada but when I went up there and asked for a Dr. Pepper, no one knew what it was. what gives?

RobertStumbaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
mihalis aya wrote:I'm scared of lots of things. Spiders included. Anthropomorphic animals just give me the jibblies. I can still love the boys without loving this shirt, never fear.

i know! I just googled spiders as i suggested to you and i didn't last for more than a second before screaming and closing the page.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: hoser.

Thank you all for the first 50!

mihalis aya

RobertStumbaugh wrote:i know! I just googled spiders as i suggested to you and i didn't last for more than a second before screaming and closing the page.

That's an impressive admission for a 20 year old guy. I'm proud of you, Robert.

My advice: do not move to Australia. At least, not bush Australia. Melbourne was okay--it was too cold for us to get spiders, really.

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007

~D

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Josephus wrote:It seemed to me that a baby harp seal ought to be fighting back against the killers, so that's what this fella is getting ready for.
I picture a whole commando team of these guys, ready to rise up and start the revolution.

Diggin' it...
Nice artwork, humor and a conscience...

GMV

(I hope you didn't have to search through all the horrific images I had to to find a good starting point)

geekfactor12

Josephus wrote:It reminds me a little bit of the Worth1000 kiııer pancakes:

Those might be my new favorite face-looking pancakes. Up until now my favorite were some pancakes on the cover of a hyatt menu that looked like Animal from the muppets.

mihali

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihali
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

And to think that when you said fog, I thought weather. Well done, beloved. It's beautiful. like I said, stunning against the black.

Atherton5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atherton5
threeshirts wrote:A shirt featuring the subversive Amero would also be a good idea. There is always popularity in conspiracy theories.

Just because it's a good idea doesn't get you anywhere in this contest. But I would like to see a whole contest series on conspiracy theories, that might actually be fun!

freeforged

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freeforged

I'd like to see someone actually sculpt their facial hair like this someday...

Re: Moosestache

amykate

quality posts: 4 Private Messages amykate
Re: One Small Step For Moose

Nice! Love the helmet :-)

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
easeandgrace wrote:So many clever ideas coming out! I like this one - it reminds me of the t-shirts with a tuxedo image on them that guys wore at my high school years ago.

Thanks, easeandgrace! Maybe this one would have done well in the Trompe L'Oeil derby too?

Andy47240 wrote:Artulo, yours is way better anyway. The large image really shows the time you out into it.
-Andy

Thanks so much, Andy. I think it's different enough. Hopefully Woot does too.

mihalis aya wrote:The internet store is the official store, run by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Veterans' Association. I'm seriously doubting your design is different enough to stay up--they've rejected on much shakier grounds. Good luck, though!

Thanks for the good luck!

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Hairless Beaver

Dang, I was going to do a bald beaver...

VOTE!

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Canadians are smart

circular reasoning works because...circular reasoning works because...(repeat)

VOTE!

Andy47240

yeeter wrote:Dang, I was going to do a bald beaver...

We could never have enough bald beavers, so have at it.
-Andy

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
cdncarlie wrote:i knew before i saw who the artist was that it was you jaden....wonderfully done, as always!! ;-)

Thanks!!! I'm really happy he's doing so well in the first few hours!

JadenKale

cloudberry wrote:Lovely! Trilliums are my favourite, I'm hoping to plant some this Spring.

I hope this gets some more attention! I'm happy that Mihalis Aya is in the fog, but I think it would be great for both flowers to make it up there. We need some good old fashioned girl support here!

Andy47240

Re: RCMP

Whoohoo!! 2 hours and not a single vote. Has to be a record or something.
-Andy

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: RCMP

The calling to participate is strong, eh?

I like the illustration - well done and the character faces are great. The bulky text and leaf are throwing me off, especially the French (which I don't understand or trust an internet translator). It'd be better to let the characters stand out more and the text/leaf be more of a background thing. Good luck!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
geekfactor12 wrote:Those might be my new favorite face-looking pancakes. Up until now my favorite were some pancakes on the cover of a hyatt menu that looked like Animal from the muppets.

Thanks a lot... now I'm hungry for Animal pancakes. :-)

JadenKale

zuniteton wrote:This is only my second derby so I would love advice- I took this picture in Churchill Canada- Polar bear capitol of the world
I normally would not use white for a shirt but this is one exception- it doesnt really work otherwise

I think you need to turn these into vectors. You have more than the allotted colors when you include all the shaded areas. Pretty, but not printable.

JadenKale

Re: Northern Lights

Did you do the northern lights entry from the Winter derby? (found it oddly ironic the same title done with the same font)

JadenKale

Re: canada is for lovres

Not too fond of the misspelling when everything else is spelled correctly. Typographically speaking, I think you could have gone with a font that looked less calligraphy in design and gone for something that really incorporated the leaf into it.

CreationsFromChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CreationsFromChaos

Obviously, intended to represent the burning of US draft cards and the escape to the Great White North. Note that the dates and info on the draft card is in style of the Vietnam area cards but is updated with current years and dates relevant to the Iraq War.

Six color design on Navy shirt:

Black - Pantone Black
Beige - Pantone 614
Yellow - Pantone 116
Red - Pantone 180
Orange - Pantone Warm Red
Gray - Pantone 429

Re: Where else to go with your draft card up in smoke?

CreationsFromChaos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CreationsFromChaos

Oh, and the design is intended to be as high up on the side of the collar as possible without going outside the printable area.

Thanks!

Re: Where else to go with your draft card up in smoke?

mhmiles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mhmiles
Re: CANADA

best shirt evarrrrrrr

Fbi2thegrave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fbi2thegrave

this is really really good. nice job!

jensenmr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jensenmr

I like the idea behind this, and I usually don't get overly concerned with details, but it bothers me that the border line isn't very accurate. If that line were fixed, this shirt would be even better.

thebaldwinboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thebaldwinboy
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Beautiful, as usual, my dear sister. I voted, of course. Uh, and so everyone stops thinking I'm endowed with the luck of the irish, could you get a shirt not pink or purple printed? I have enough trouble as it is. Kthxai. :p

thebaldwinboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thebaldwinboy
thebaldwinboy wrote:Beautiful, as usual, my dear sister. I voted, of course. Uh, and so everyone stops thinking I'm endowed with the luck of the irish, could you get a shirt not pink or purple printed? I have enough trouble as it is. Kthxai. :p

Tee hee. happy comes up endowed with the luck of the irish.

geekfactor12

daedalusknight wrote:Thanks a lot... now I'm hungry for Animal pancakes. :-)

Me too, especially since I tracked down a picture:

Mmmm, Animal pancakes...

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
Re: Cold one, eh?

This was the fictional brewery in the Strange Brew movie. It looked like a creepy castle, thus the logo.

Thanks!
FF