mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: canada is for lovres

Did you intentionally misspell Lovers? I keep thinking its saying "books" - Livres.

Terribliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Terribliz
Re: Lost in translation

I'd definitely buy this if it had "y'all" instead of "ya'll" I hate when people spell it like that...

tomwelden3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomwelden3
Re: Beaver Mountie

simple and well done

mjc613

Re: National Flag of Canada

My husband wants one of these. I am petrified he will wear it to a business function with Canadians and cause an international incident.

mjc613

Re: Maple Leaves

Zenne, as soon as I saw the thumbnail for this, I recognized your style. Keep up the good work! Beautiful stuff as always.

Terribliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Terribliz
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

No Alex Trebek?! phale

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

i really don't understand why this shouldn't be rejected. The theme is Canada, not the Yukon...it would be no different than putting up California's state flower for an "American" theme.

I understand completely the desire to have something that doesn't scream Canada, but woot made Canada the theme, so we're stuck with it. I think this is pretty and all, but doesn't seem on topic to me.

bonipoof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonipoof
Re: What'd you say?

I actually go through each submission full screen (to give everyone an equal chance) and the numerous "ehs" and maple leafs were starting to wear me out a bit.

Not this one though.

This is definitely something I would wear. Vote. Check.

And I'm not even including the ones that were gifts!

bonipoof

Amach06 wrote:Most wearable shirt so far. Great job.

Agreed. If not THE most then certainly in the top three.

sebing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sebing
Re: Flight of the Ojibwe Wawa

beautiful! And you spelled Ojibwe right!!

bonipoof

Re: Flight of the Ojibwe Wawa

I like it! I think it would look good under a sports coat or something.

rendyubaldo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rendyubaldo

like the beaver hopefully it win so i can get one ;]

Spotnik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spotnik

I really like the idea and the colors. This shirt would have my vote, except for the giant "N". I just don't like that element of the design. It doesn't belong.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: aboot.ca

I would like to thank my winter boot for posing for this drawing for several hours without any bathroom or coffee breaks. What a good sport!

Seriously though, I tried to do something different, and I hope you like it. If so, vote 'er up! : )

neepateller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages neepateller
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

This is just brilliant.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

AdderXYU wrote:and just wait til it jumps over that shark!

On its way to Burger King?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

echelon7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echelon7
Re: Never thought I'd see the day...

Oh the FBI is going to love this one. Copying money is a felony. FYI.

PopeYmir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PopeYmir

Moose are my favorite animal.

Is it going to be that big on the shirt?
It looks way too big right now. It should take up much less space.

fyrefall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
yeeter wrote:Castle Elsinore was also the setting for Shakespeare's "Hamlet" -- and that's why we see the ghost come out of the video game at the brewery it was an analog of Hamlet's father's ghost. Take off hoser.

Yeah, my explanation was for those unfamiliar with the whole Rosencrantz and Guildenstern angle, in case they wondered why this was on theme.

brizz

mihalis aya wrote:Thank you! I tried to choose something that is definitely Canadian (though in my research I learned they also grow in the colder climes of Europe) without being obviously Canadian in a way that requires an explanation.

for the record, it also grows all across the northern U.S. - it was a scourge in the early twentieth century in areas that were heavily logged. The novel Fireweed by Mildred Walker (A great book btw) is set in a logging town in northern Michigan.

brizz

Re: What'd you say?

Now this is a "simple" design that works! Love it...and I would wear this all the time! lmfao.

galligator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galligator
mjc613 wrote:As stated in the other entry similar to this, the scale for the US is smaller than the scale for Canada, so they do not match up at the right places. Can't wear this.

Really?

galligator

jenny78 wrote:This is seriously awesome. I hope it isn't too late for it to win.

thanks! thats really nice

brizz

Re: Get Busy

In all honesty, this is the best shirt in the derby so far. It's really well designed, funny, and works perfect on a shirt. So many of these derbies are dominated by stuff that might be funny, cute, etc...but aren't good shirts - this is a great example of how to design a t-shirt.

brizz

sebing wrote:beautiful! And you spelled Ojibwe right!!

that wuz teh funneh!

I voted and love this one! But i've got a soft spot for all things Ojibwe

mnmiga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnmiga
emerica wrote:*giggles* looking at it now I should've made the lines thicker...

I'd vote for it without the words. Yes Canadians say EH, don't say it as much anymore and tired of it being on everything.

mnmiga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnmiga
mjc613 wrote:My husband wants one of these. I am petrified he will wear it to a business function with Canadians and cause an international incident.

This shirt was done and done and done after the snow boarding tested positive. Sorry not original.

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

This shirt represents my place in this derby flawlessly! Love it!

malproxy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages malproxy

What's the red thing, a guy riding a pelican?!

galligator

Re: Eh'dum and Eh've

So I'm not really sure where I was going with this. It's really late (or really early depending on how you look at it). I had this idea and just got up to design it. Whether you vote or not, comments are appreciated! Thanks!!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Canadian Plaid

Is this a photo or pixelated red?
-Andy

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: F*CK CANADA!

At least he's consistent FAIL!!!!! that wuz teh funneh Rejectonism

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

galligator

Re: Border Friendly

Some abstract line art I decided to play around with. I really like the way it turned out.. Thanks!

galligator

burtonrider404 wrote:well, i've had a recurring nightmare where i'm being chased by the fonz and he's yelling at me to check out his tattoo. one time i turned around to look at his tattoo and he started to take off his shirt, and thankfully, i woke up. it's really scary. so, this shirt terrifies me. but i'd still wear it.

Was it a tattoo of Roy Orbison on his butt?

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Goose Stopper Upper

Trying something new here.... I drew out the top and side of the can, but couldn't figure a way to get the side label to bend around the can right other than to render it in 3D. So that's what I did. 6 shades of gray. Is it worth a vote?

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: maple leaf

i really liked your la calavera and blackbird entries from the past 2 derbies (really wanted that half skull, such depth...alas 4th)
once again, MEIN LIEBEN! line work, keep it up ~ GMV

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
brizz wrote:he should be smoking.

brizz wrote:well personally, i'd just never ever let my kid wear a shirt glorifying guns and violence. It's an insidious influence and needs to stop.

that wuz teh funneh

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
redghia69 wrote:Trying something new here.... I drew out the top and side of the can, but couldn't figure a way to get the side label to bend around the can right other than to render it in 3D. So that's what I did. 6 shades of gray. Is it worth a vote?

Hahaha! Even if it doesn't win, God forbid, I'll bet it would sell like hotcakes at the Bellevue mall. Those d*mn geese are everywhere around there. I love this shirt!

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
Re: Birth of a Nation

Yeah, but maple seeds are so blah compared to acorns... this is a good idea, it's just wrong tree seed, is all. :-)

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: moose abstract

Welcome aboard you up Northers you