superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Jemmacakes wrote:Hey...why was my comment removed? I have a Cho and a Jimiyo shirt that I adore, wait, two, Cho shirts.

I am not entitled to be frighted by Fonzie flashbacks? Will my stevadore hook be straightened from fear? Unlikely.

I don't get the moderation...but the point is, this particular collaboration isn't flying up my flagpole for a couple reasons: Fonzie is just scary and I have moose locally who are also rather larger than my rather large equine. The combo scares me.

Where's my diaper....

Didn't mean to cause any drama...whatever that was...but I am not entitled to comment on the way I feel about the shirt?

Molto confuzio

The shirt was resubbed. Your comment was probably under the other one.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

peldano

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peldano
Re: America's Hat

Dang,..my apologies everyone.

Zia Lia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zia Lia

Canadian bacon is ROUND.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: F*CK CANADA!

Woot didn't want any Canada hate, so it will probably be rejected for that if not for language.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

tomwelden3 wrote:simple and well done

^_^ Thanks!

ebwebster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ebwebster

Sigh. The secret service, which is part of treasury, is in charge of pursuing counterfeiting. And this is not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfeit

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
geekfactor12 wrote:Ditto- I think that's even the norm for me lately. This is the first week in a long time where I've done anything purely vector-based... and personally, I tend to like the detail of hand-drawn stuff better than the precision of vectors.

The derby has a way of rewarding ideas just as often as it rewards execution, so I think even first-timers have a great shot at a win. Take a chance and give it a try, people.

I also usually purely work via scanned sketches, but I don't know that I'd call myself an "artist". This week, on the other hand, is pure vector work

AdderXYU

janitorjulius wrote:There's no C in USSR, eh?

but there are three in CCCP

AdderXYU

derekfilley wrote:I think you did an above average job on the details, but like mihalis, I would be shocked if this made it all the way till Thursday. Woot has rejected shirts that were far more dissimilar.

Nothing you can do at this point, just enjoy the ride ;-)

woot has also printed shirts that were far more similar. There's really no way to tell for sure.

Unfortunately, since Art is generally more "artful", he'll probably get the axe. Shoulda used a bunch of clip art... he'd DEFINITELY stay in the game that way

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica
mnmiga wrote:I'd vote for it without the words. Yes Canadians say EH, don't say it as much anymore and tired of it being on everything.

Do you think it'd do a lot better without the words?

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

galligator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galligator
galligator wrote:Some abstract line art I decided to play around with. I really like the way it turned out.. Thanks!

Also - here is a close up of the design.

AdderXYU

brizz wrote:Now this is a "simple" design that works! Love it...and I would wear this all the time! lmfao.

Except there are about 5000 "eh" shirts on the market. If woot printed this, we'd get lucky 5001

kimbo3311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimbo3311
cdncarlie wrote:oops sorry i should have clarified what i meant by the whole table...i just meant the two extra rows (lanthanoids and actinoids)

Either you are a nerd for knowing the series names that are 'missing', or I'm a nerd for understanding what you meant the first time you said "the whole table".

Either way, this is a great shirt.

galligator

galligator wrote:So I'm not really sure where I was going with this. It's really late (or really early depending on how you look at it). I had this idea and just got up to design it. Whether you vote or not, comments are appreciated! Thanks!!

And here is a close up:

kimbo3311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimbo3311
Re: Border Friendly

nice shirt... I think this is the best maple leaf shirt I've seen yet!

Toys4Tommy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toys4Tommy

Really ought to say "Shaved Beaver".

kar131313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kar131313

Nice! I like the belly scales & smooth back. Good color choice, too.

caburns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caburns
Andy47240 wrote:Is this a photo or pixelated red?
-Andy

It is 3 reds on Photoshop. I hate that it gets so fuzzy when I submit it. On my computer it is crisp and clean. How can I avoid this? The posting doesn't do it justice.
CB

kar131313

Beautiful color choice & design, but I'm not too fond of the big "N" either. Maybe a compass rose instead?

jaf28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaf28
mjc613 wrote:I was thinking the same thing.

Well it depends on what part of Canada you are from. My friends in college from Hallifax pronounced it "aboat." : )

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: Goose Stopper Upper

Nice vector job!

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

kar131313

Re: Falling Maples

I really like your design. Why did you choose a Japanese Maple instead of a Sugar Maple leaf?

lokislair

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lokislair

Love this! I sure hope it wins, I have got to have it! Geese have been arriving by the masses for the last week here.

mnmiga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnmiga
emerica wrote:Do you think it'd do a lot better without the words?

I wish as I do like it. Just don't know how many hockey fans on woot. Also I could have posted about the EH on some other shirts but I choose yours because I liked it.

kray01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kray01
mjc613 wrote:You don't have to convince me. It's up to woot. I'm just giving you info based on previous derbies. You may want to look at the what is woot page to see what kinds of things they will disqualify.

Yes inciting the president of the USA as either Satan or Hitler is acceptable, any and all provocation at free thought or making a social statement representing any one individual other then the collective, I mean free mind is prohibited.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Oh man.. hahahahahaha!!

2thFairy

jimiyo wrote:if only the fonz was a childrens rhyme who actually wrought tyranny over smaller animals with violence and abuse, this i assume, like little FooFoo, would be considered 'hilarious, and funny' and be more to the woot audience sensibilities.

Too good!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
caburns wrote:It is 3 reds on Photoshop. I hate that it gets so fuzzy when I submit it. On my computer it is crisp and clean. How can I avoid this? The posting doesn't do it justice.
CB

This is a nver ending problem with red. Make sure you have no compression on the design when you export it. That helps alot, but it will usually always be a tad fuzzy looking.
-Andy

2thFairy

Aberrantic wrote:This shirt would be insanely awkward on a woman. It would be distorted on the chest, and, in order for anyone to read it, they'd have to peer at said woman's chest for several minutes. I just don't see that turning out well.

Being a woman and one who was naturally blessed in the chest, I really am amazed at how many people make this comment. If I see a shirt I like, I buy it. If someone stares at my chest to read the shirt, more power to them. If a design is distorted on your T-shirt, you really should consider getting a shirt that actually fits, i.e., a larger size. Far too many women are wearing clothes that are too tight as it is.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
brizz wrote:i really don't understand why this shouldn't be rejected. The theme is Canada, not the Yukon...it would be no different than putting up California's state flower for an "American" theme.

Are our states not part of our country? I guarentee you people would do things like the Statue of Liberty and the Golden Gate Bridge if we had a US theme, which are both state-rooted as well. Fireweed doesn't grow exclusively in the Yukon, as pointed out. It is a cold-weather flower that thrives in a lot of Canada. But it is the official flower of the Yukon, which has a symbolic, great white north sort of feeling for a lot of people.

I tend to interpret the theme given in an unusual way. Sometimes that works out--Innovation, and now this. Sometimes it doesn't. But I stand firm that, just because I've approached the theme from a different place than most of the other entries, doesn't mean my interpretation is invalid and should be rejected. If you have concerns, please hit the tattle button instead.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
galligator wrote:Also - here is a close up of the design.

I do love a scribbly shirt. Very pretty.

DivineGoth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DivineGoth
Re: Bull Hockey

Zomg! I <3 this shirt!!! I absolutely must have one! I <3 Moose, I <3<3 Canada and I <3<3<3 Hockey!!! This one totally got my vote. The only thing that would make me happier about this shirt is if it were on a black tee...any way that might be a possibility?

dangnabbott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dangnabbott

I love it. As a Canadian myself, i would totally wear it.

2thFairy

kray01 wrote:Yes inciting the president of the USA as either Satan or Hitler is acceptable, any and all provocation at free thought or making a social statement representing any one individual other then the collective, I mean free mind is prohibited.

Grow up.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
kray01 wrote:Yes inciting the president of the USA as either Satan or Hitler is acceptable, any and all provocation at free thought or making a social statement representing any one individual other then the collective, I mean free mind is prohibited.

Actually, that shirt got rejected last derby.

Woot has rules. They have them on the What is Woot page, and on the submittal form . They have unofficial rules as well (no comic sans font, no flying penguins) that you can read, if you go to the link for derekfilley's list at the beginning of this thread.

If those rules are not to your liking, there are other shirt sites. Check them out and see if one is a better fit for you.

fencerpts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fencerpts
Terribliz wrote:I'd definitely buy this if it had "y'all" instead of "ya'll" I hate when people spell it like that...

Second that!
Better still, since I'm not from the South, "You talk funny!"

mjc613

galligator wrote:Really?

OK, I messed up. I should have said that the scale of the US on your shirt was larger than the scale of Canada on your shirt.

Compare your design to the map you posted, and you will see that Canada extends past the US on both coasts. However, you have Windsor ON close to the Upper Peninsula of Michican instead of fitting under Detroit, and Nova Scotia is over the northern part of Maine instead of out past the easternmost point of Maine.

mjc613

fencerpts wrote:Second that!
Better still, since I'm not from the South, "You talk funny!"

I've run into many people who say y'all who can't spell it. They don't know it's a contraction for "you all".

Don't matter to me, I say you guys. Yes. To women too.

I like the shirt since I work with Texans and Canadians.

galligator

mjc613 wrote:OK, I messed up. I should have said that the scale of the US on your shirt was larger than the scale of Canada on your shirt.

Compare your design to the map you posted, and you will see that Canada extends past the US on both coasts. However, you have Windsor ON close to the Upper Peninsula of Michican instead of fitting under Detroit, and Nova Scotia is over the northern part of Maine instead of out past the easternmost point of Maine.

Agreed. Thanks for pointing this out... I wish I could modify and upload a new pic I'd do it.. It's actually just a dumb oversight by my part. shoot.

kjmendoza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjmendoza
Re: Maple Leaves

As soon as I saw this shirt, without recognizing your name, I knew you did the Lady in the Water shirt. Love your style!

www.quilt-scrap.blogspot.com