cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
artulo wrote:Is a Canadian Bobcat the same as a lynx? Either way, this is cool and I love the colors. You have a good eye for design, Cheesesandwich!

Thanks for the kind words!

I think they are very close relatives, but not exactly the same. Although, but are totally FIERCE.

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
Re: Canadian Leaf inside a Canadian Leaf made of leafs

This is my colorful representation of the Canadian leaf, using other Canadian leafs, surrounding a Canadian leaf. Heh...

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
daedalusknight wrote:What site is doing that?

i dunno the name, but it was the side deal some time early this week.

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
geekfactor12 wrote:I think Sigaru is referring to Best Losers, but they don't print anything- they just link to places (like Bountee, Cafepress or Spreadshirt) where artists are making their own derby designs available for purchase.

oh, alright. i guess i was confused then. [sorry for looking like an one that smells of Elderberries.]

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
Re: maple leaf

The maples in the fog are very nice indeed but yours is beautiful. Subtle and classy, this should appeal to guys and gals. good luck.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
RobertStumbaugh wrote:sry but i copied your thing where you use joel as a model. i hope you dont mind.

No problem, the more the merrier

blazeSpec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazeSpec

If this doesnt win please please please keep making shirts like it.

flassdaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flassdaddy

This is awesome and so very true.....

blazeSpec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazeSpec
blazeSpec wrote:If this doesnt win please please please keep making shirts like it.

...so that one will win, not sarcasm

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton
cheesesandwich wrote:Thanks for the kind words!

I think they are very close relatives, but not exactly the same. Although, but are totally FIERCE.

Wonderful!

Wish it was not in gray though- oh well

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
RobertStumbaugh wrote:vectormagic.com is amazing. Thanks a million for introducing me. I'm gonna be able to come up with something awesome for next week. so pumped!

edit: if shirt.woot.com wants people to make some incredible shirts they need to have a list of resources somewhere on the site to help people out. vectormagic.com should be at the top of the list. eww a write us button at the top of the page. Thats probably where i should be typing this.

You're welcome! I found it in the forums ages ago--like derby 9 or 10?--and LOVE it. If you're going to go the free png download route, make sure you leave a large blank border around your image you're actually vectoring. They now add a watermark to the bottom or side edge (depending on the orientation of the image) that you'll need to remove after the fact.

houracle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houracle

why AND not OR????? I love my maple, but don't want to die immediately thereafter, eh?

Re: Patriotic Pancakes

houracle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houracle

It is stupid cute though, I'll give you that!

houracle wrote:why AND not OR????? I love my maple, but don't want to die immediately thereafter, eh?

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Jemmacakes wrote:I worked with some folks of the Tlingit (sounds like "cling it") tribe many years ago.

Very nice shirt.

Thanks Jemma! I think the tribes that inspired the design were the Kwakwaka'wakw and the Nisga'a. (I apologize if I mistyped the names)

BigKuntry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigKuntry

What's kinda funny is...I think someone else entered a shirt like the one your bird's wearing...

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
zuniteton wrote:Wonderful!

Wish it was not in gray though- oh well

You are too kind!

I know that heather gray is a hated color by some, but it makes such a wonderful, interesting neutral background. You'll all come around...I did!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
houracle wrote:why AND not OR????? I love my maple, but don't want to die immediately thereafter, eh?

The premise is that the pancakes only wish to be eaten (and thus die) with Maple syrup. The pancakes are saying the text in the speech bubble, not the shirt wearer ;)

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
geekfactor12 wrote:The premise is that the pancakes only wish to be eaten (and thus die) with Maple syrup. The pancakes are saying the text in the speech bubble, not the shirt wearer ;)

Oh, great, now I'm hungry again and I'm convinced that my pancakes WANT to be devoured. :-)

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Canadian kaleidoscope C

Pattern of maple leafs spelling out a kaleidoscopic C. Sorry for the crappiness of the comps- woot's server refused to take the jpegs. Below is the good version I couldn't get submitted:

pennylaned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennylaned
mjc613 wrote:I've run into many people who say y'all who can't spell it. They don't know it's a contraction for "you all".

Don't matter to me, I say you guys. Yes. To women too.

I like the shirt since I work with Texans and Canadians.

Technically speaking ,yes y'all is right
But here in Texas we don't say you we say ya as in thank ya. So, the appropriate way in Texas is to contract you all to ya'll. Gotta remember we know what we are saying and spelling but no one else does!!

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
JadenKale wrote:Thanks Jemma! I think the tribes that inspired the design were the Kwakwaka'wakw and the Nisga'a. (I apologize if I mistyped the names)

A lot of the totems are similar, there is a commonality in the archetypes.

If you ever get a chance check out the Museum of Anthropology at University of British Columbia.
http://www.moa.ubc.ca/
Simply stunningly amazing.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
Re: Lost in translation

LOL!!
how goes it eh? Seems to be a debacle and/or debate over phonetics vs. proper English
(wait do we speak proper English here in Texas?) , If this hooser of a design wins (yeah right)I'll scourer the internet for the most popular spelling. Sound like a winner, eh?

Graye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Graye
BigKuntry wrote:This is my second attempt at the derby...

Any comments / feedback / constructive criticism is greatly appreciated...

thx

Interesting adaptation of the image to the theme, unfortunately it is a copyrighted image and will be rejected (like this one). Don't let it keep you from trying new things though. ;)

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: The Wild Blue Yonder

Props to the Canadian Air Force.. Pride of the Northern Skies, Defenders of the Polar Regions.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Patchitect wrote:Props to the Canadian Air Force.. Pride of the Northern Skies, Defenders of the Polar Regions.

awesome job Patch!!! Way to go. I love how fluffy the geese look! Will they print up the shoulders like that? I like it though!

Patchitect

JadenKale wrote:awesome job Patch!!! Way to go. I love how fluffy the geese look! Will they print up the shoulders like that? I like it though!

Hey - they can print it as high as they can.. it'll still look good...

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
mjc613 wrote:Call me a geek, but I had to try it. Went to www.aboot.ca, and the page came up as

O_o

That's it, nothing more. Now no one else needs to waste their time checking it out.

Nice bout, an

Thanks. : ) I had to try it too before submitting, just to make sure it wasn't a big thing that would make my shirt get rejected. Also, just curiosity.

daedalusknight

Re: The Wild Blue Yonder

This will work out. Beavers are not penguins, so no problem here. :-)

ejtracer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejtracer
Re: Pac Man Eating Canadian Bacon

Sweet shirt idea, love the 80's, but I'm betting Pac-Man might be a copyright infringement. But I could be wrong considering its parody nature.

Patchitect

daedalusknight wrote:This will work out. Beavers are not penguins, so no problem here. :-)

Woot has a history with aviator rodentia....

zuniteton

Re: Moose In Snow

It Moose be Canada!
I would love some input- this is only my second derby- and I need the advice!

Thanks in advance!

Spooky021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spooky021

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, dis is soooo cuuuuttteee!!! I hope it wins! I wll proudly wear the beaver on my chest!

Wow, that just sounds bad, eh?

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Moose In Snow

Nice choice of colors and I like how the snow shadows in the foreground recapitulate the shape of the moose's antlers.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Graye wrote:Interesting adaptation of the image to the theme, unfortunately it is a copyrighted image and will be rejected (like this one). Don't let it keep you from trying new things though. ;)

I did a version of her in the graffiti derby and it made it all the way to the end without rejection, but sometimes they don't monitor things very well.
-Andy

daedalusknight

Patchitect wrote:Woot has a history with aviator rodentia....

I must have missed that derby. Rats with wings?

fencepost

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fencepost
Re: living in Canada cost more

Heck, last night I was saying to my wife "If I had more artistic ability or wanted to spend the time putting a design together, I'd be doing something that said 'Debased Northern Currency' with the Debased scratched out and 'Strong' written in."

If someone else wants to do that feel free, but you may be a bit late for this derby.

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin
bnp4106 wrote:I've been watching the derbies since I found about them when my girlfriend showed them to me (sokowa). This is the first shirt that I've seen that I would buy and wear.

thank you all for the kind words

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Wild animals of Canada

Text is hard to read in this small version - click below to see larger! Hope everyone likes it.

Go Large!

zuniteton

zuniteton wrote:Ok thanks guys!

Sigh- on second thought I don't know if I can- I have been trying, it just wont do it for me...oh well...Thanks for all your help everyone!

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
Re: Blame Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blame_Canada