crazylikecatfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazylikecatfish
Re: Northern Lights (Take II)

You got my vote. Love the lights and the polar bear, woot.

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Moose In Snow

very nice

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
geekfactor12 wrote:Not always- RobGlenn's Hidden Message Day was rejected twice and still got printed. Some fogged entries can survive it, and this should have been early enough to be in that category. It's too bad that the votes aren't lining up, tho.

Robglen is a law unto himself ;-).

You're right in that some fogged entries do survive resubmission, but most do not (i speak from some pretty extensive experience on this one ;-) I guarantee you that this shirt would be ranked higher if it had not been resubmitted.

Then again, i'm sure the fifty whiny posts cluttering up the board on the first iteration probably were not helping things.

In any case, at least two shirts above this one should be gone in the long-awaited rejectoration storm, so it ain't over yet.

Check out my blog:Here!

acutevt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages acutevt

This is my first entry ever! Please vote for it if you like it. Otherwise, please critique me.

Vote!

Wine newb? Seasoned pro? This is a recommendation engine for wine.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Schrobblehead wrote:I really like this. I've always liked that style of native american art. I've never known what it was called, but I've seen entire buildings in Washington painted in this style and always wanted to do something like that myself. gmv.

Thank you!! I really had to look up alot of information on these. I was very worried that if I just designed it off the cuff, I'd look like an dope. I wanted to make sure these stood out from others I've seen (I live in Wisconsin so I've seen a few from the HoChunk nation and a few other artifacts from long ago).

Jemma, I'm going to have to ask my friend about that. I want to go up there sometime. If she ends up moving to Canada, I'll have a chance to go up there finally. She's looking between Montreal or Toronto, but it's not difficult to get on a train from Toronto to Vancouver if you want a leisurely trip (at least that's what my brother tells me).

narkus

Re: Canadian Maple Leaf

i like your concept. cool

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

crazylikecatfish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazylikecatfish
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Amazing, love the colors, the birds, the leaves, and I love how there's meaning behind it as well.

narkus

easeandgrace wrote:Well, I just had to. Don't know if it'll fly, but I wanted to say it.

i'm glad you did. so sad. so many just don't care about animal issues at all. at least some people will think about it seeing your entry. wish more could be done : (

ttdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ttdesigns
2thFairy wrote:Wow.. sounds like too much weed to me.

woot wine actualy

anarchyvirus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anarchyvirus
Zodgilla wrote:Creative, very funny. Heather Gray wouldn't be my color of choice... But hey, it's a Canadian Periodic Table of the Elements. And that's just cool.

yeah really, gray is lame.

ebonyglider

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ebonyglider
Re: 4 out of 5 U.S. Americans

yes please someone explain it

is it because americans are stupid and don't know where canada is?

derekfilley

acutevt wrote:This is my first entry ever. I hope you like it!

[img]http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/acutevt/The_Dark_Side_of_Canada-7oaeib-d.jpg[img]

I like it, and you obviously have some skills. Hope you stick around in these derbies!

ebonyglider

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ebonyglider
Re: Wearable Temperature Converter

this shirt is really awesome, one of the best woot shirts i've seen. i hope you win

narkus

Re: Wild animals of Canada

i really like this

derekfilley

Re: Canadian Can-Can

Very nice art, but the colors really detract from it in my opinion.

Congrats on your win btw ;-)

derekfilley

Re: maple leaf

You, my friend, are a crosshatch fiend ;-)

zuniteton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton

Spiteless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spiteless
JadenKale wrote:A white trillium serves as the emblem and official flower of the Canadian province of Ontario. Named for it's trio of petals and supporting leaves beneath it, the Trillium is a very delicate flower and is protected in a number of US states as well as one certain breed of Trillium is protected in Ontario. Also, a white trillium serves as the emblem on the Franco-Ontarian flag.

IMO you'd have a better design if it larger and placed on one of the sides. Having one trillium on your chest is awkward.

I like the design though

wettoad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wettoad
Re: Got Tuque Eh?

this needs more LOVE!!!!!!! vote!!!

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: FREE CANADA

the simplicity of this design causes me to reach that zen moment of transcendence. heart to heart AngelicBoris, you are truly gifted like a chinese calligrapher.

Word. :j teh he.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
crazylikecatfish wrote:Amazing, love the colors, the birds, the leaves, and I love how there's meaning behind it as well.

Thanks so much.

zuniteton

janet13 wrote:*Beautiful*. And how close where you were you took the pic?

*giggles* I was VERY close- too close! But luckily I was on a "Tundra Buggy" A vehicle that is practically a tank that he could not reach me in. He certainly seemed to be interested in the snickers in my pocket though...

On second thought- maybe he just thought of me as a big snickers....hmmm

you can see more shots of him in the link below

acutevt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages acutevt
derekfilley wrote:I like it, and you obviously have some skills. Hope you stick around in these derbies!

Thanks for the support. Now I just need to get everyone else on board :-P

Wine newb? Seasoned pro? This is a recommendation engine for wine.

JadenKale

Re: Rejected Canadian Beer Mascots

yeeter, love the concept, but I think you went the wrong direction with the text. It's already hard to see, then you make it more difficult to read by putting it in blue with a gray/white border. It's really hard to read. I would have liked to see blue with a black border, or black with white, or black with blue. Even just the light color text by itself works wonderfully, but the two light colors don't work for me. And I noticed this recently with a shirt I didn't buy from woot (shocking! I know) and I've really always have known this but I like to dismiss it at times, but serif fonts stink at long distances. You lose parts of the letters.

I love the design. I think the tags underneath all four are witty (kinda wish the lumberjack had movement lines to show he's off-balance), but I'd really like to see you fix the font (and BTW add the tag under the moose. Your detail is missing it!), and see if a better font would be more appropriate.

Calvin888MEN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Calvin888MEN
2thFairy wrote:daily loosing? is that like diarrhea?

the freudian mis-type is very telling... sadly...

zuniteton

Re: Big Polar Bear!

*giggles* ok ok I promise this is my last polar bear shirt- I was just having too much fun! I hope you like it and I am ALWAYS glad to hear any critique and advice! Thanks!

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
JadenKale wrote:yeeter, love the concept, but I think you went the wrong direction with the text. It's already hard to see, then you make it more difficult to read by putting it in blue with a gray/white border. It's really hard to read. I would have liked to see blue with a black border, or black with white, or black with blue. Even just the light color text by itself works wonderfully, but the two light colors don't work for me. And I noticed this recently with a shirt I didn't buy from woot (shocking! I know) and I've really always have known this but I like to dismiss it at times, but serif fonts stink at long distances. You lose parts of the letters.

I love the design. I think the tags underneath all four are witty (kinda wish the lumberjack had movement lines to show he's off-balance), but I'd really like to see you fix the font (and BTW add the tag under the moose. Your detail is missing it!), and see if a better font would be more appropriate.

Thanks for the comments JadenKale. I will fix it all now, forget about me whining about sleep just a moment ago. I'll try different Fonts, and colors...and re-submit (maybe diff shirt color too).

VOTE!

zuniteton

narkus wrote:i really like this

very nice

AnGeLiCbOrIs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AnGeLiCbOrIs
Re: FREE CANADA

Thanks jimiyo!

JadenKale

Spiteless wrote:IMO you'd have a better design if it larger and placed on one of the sides. Having one trillium on your chest is awkward.

I like the design though

I had this discussion in the forums beforehand. I had considered putting it in the middle, as well as in, what some of the girls call, "the Scrunch zone" being the bottom sides. I had originally put text with it then cut that out, and felt a pocket flower would be best. If it's huge (and considering the type of Trillium I drew) it would start to look like a hibiscus and just looked wrong. I didn't want that feel. These are tiny flowers that don't grow in bunches and I felt the solitary flower worked best just above the pocket spot.

I am glad you like the flower. I really did try to keep it like the photos I had found. I had never seen one until that afternoon.

gabrielvw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabrielvw

I also really like it- very cool and well done!!
GMV

Spyder228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spyder228
Re: Canadaistan

I don't know I kinda like it.

JadenKale

acutevt wrote:Thanks for the support. Now I just need to get everyone else on board :-P

The only thing I am worried about is the dark red color. We have had problems with dark colors on dark shirts before, and Id be afraid that the dark red wouldn't show well on the black. I really like the design. Its like a really nice tattoo design for someone who loves Canada. I have a friend who will probably be moving there soon and she would love this as a funky tattoo. I hope it does well for you though. Nice to see more interest in the derbies

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
derekfilley wrote:Shouldn't have resubmitted... it's the kiss of death for a fogged entry.

dum, dum, dum dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum duuuum.

JadenKale

yeeter wrote:Thanks for the comments JadenKale. I will fix it all now, forget about me whining about sleep just a moment ago. I'll try different Fonts, and colors...and re-submit (maybe diff shirt color too).

awww I didn't want to take you from a soft bed!

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Rejected Canadian Beer Mascots

Per some suggestions from JadenKale, this is a resub. See Biggie picture because the shirt comp looks bad:

VOTE!

CaptainKeekles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaptainKeekles
Re: Northern Lights (Take II)

Absolutely fantastic design. Hope this one gets the votes it deserves.

solituned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages solituned
Re: Hungry Bear

Nice art, but I think the design is too large on the shirt.

fencepost

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fencepost
Re: The Wild Blue Yonder

I'm thinking my father really needs this shirt.