intaglio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages intaglio
burtonrider404 wrote:i think this is one of the more clever derby entries. i really really like it. also, my canadian girlfriend really likes it too, and if she likes it, that means it deserves to be a winner.

thanks burtonrider404!

Canuckintn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Canuckintn
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Great idea... but it would be nicer on a different colour shirt... and how about adding the title of Canadian Periodic Table across the top to complete the look.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: O CANADA!

I have no idea what the equivalent of this design would be if a Canadian did a similar concept on American icons, but I'd like to see it.

Regardless, I hope my shirt is funny--in honor of SCTV. Either way, I've taken into account lots of feedback from woot-ers and almost matched my previous entry's votes already, so I'm as happy as a lumberjack. Thanks...
]

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Get Busy

Great shirt, looks awesome! You definitely have some skills and are putting them to good use. Keep it up!

rglee129

yikes- sorry for such large images in my post! I'll fix that next time...

abbemis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abbemis

this shirt is incredible. by far the best in the derby!

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
candemorgan wrote:Nice job Schrobble, you got our vote

Thanks.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

rglee129

abbemis wrote:this shirt is incredible. by far the best in the derby!

O THANKS!

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

your definitely skilled! nice representation! i especially like the moose : ) but all the expressions are fabulous; the beaver is hysterical!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Wild animals of Canada

This is probably my favorite design so far in this derby. It's different and intelligent and aesthetically appealing (good choice with the small text).

insanecarbonbasedlif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif
Re: What'd you say?

Well, it was exciting while it lasted. Thanks for all the votes, comments, and the short time in the fog, everyone! Bit of a rollercoaster, these woot derbies.

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
Re: Canada!

This is very intricate. Nice work!

insanecarbonbasedlif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif
Re: Canada's Detritus

Wow - how'd my detail JPG get so blurry?

rglee129

narkus wrote:your definitely skilled! nice representation! i especially like the moose : ) but all the expressions are fabulous; the beaver is hysterical!

Thanks Narkus. Coming from the Ostriches artist, that means a lot!

mikectc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikectc

A word of explanation to those of you who have not yet met any "Canadians" abroad. This shirt is dedicated to American tourists who pose as Canadians through the used of shirts or more commonly Canadian flag patches on there backpacks in order to avoid foreigners disdain.

Do real Canadians wear shirts with Canadian flags on them?

mikectc

Props of course go to the fish pocket shirt for inspiring me not only in the design of this shirt but in my entire participation at shirt.woot

Shiba Ogami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Shiba Ogami
easeandgrace wrote:This is very intricate. Nice work!

Thanks!

Here is where to vote!

mikectc

Re: ON TOP

This was obviously going to be censored.
But it is quite neat. I really like the role reversal as I think I have seen shirts before joking about Canada being on top.

easeandgrace

Re: Posers Eh!

Cute shirt... I live in Washington state. I've had some great times in Vancouver, B.C., and I don't know if you know this, but among its charms is the fact that it's considered to be the city with the very best Chinese restaurants in this part of the world. It's impossible to get bad food in Vancouver!

I've never disguised myself as a Canadian! ;-)

acutevt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages acutevt
JadenKale wrote:The only thing I am worried about is the dark red color. We have had problems with dark colors on dark shirts before, and Id be afraid that the dark red wouldn't show well on the black. I really like the design. Its like a really nice tattoo design for someone who loves Canada. I have a friend who will probably be moving there soon and she would love this as a funky tattoo. I hope it does well for you though. Nice to see more interest in the derbies

I was thinking the same thing about the dark red. If that becomes an issue, I was thinking of changing the darker red to cherry red and the foreground to white.

Wine newb? Seasoned pro? This is a recommendation engine for wine.

netcong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages netcong
Re: Royal Anthem

I love the Sex Pistols!!! Great design. Nice touch with the earrings.

easeandgrace

Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

C'mon, Lake Ontario Sunset. Stay in the fog, stay in the fog... waving my magic wand, doing my best sorcerer's apprentice imitation. Stay in the fog... stay in the fog...

Obviously, I want this shirt.

deejmurph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deejmurph
2thFairy wrote:I'd lose the captions on the face and maybe move them to the bottom and/or top.

Well the inspiration comes from here
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/06/02/bmpunk102.xml

CuterThanYou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CuterThanYou
Re: Canada: It's What's For Breakfast

Mmmmm... You can't go wrong with pancakes!

Good luck~ O:

mikectc

If I buy ten of these shirts at $10 a piece and than mail them back claiming that they are one dollar bills woot will send me another shirt? cuz that would be pretty cool.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
easeandgrace wrote:Cute shirt... I live in Washington state. I've had some great times in Vancouver, B.C., and I don't know if you know this, but among its charms is the fact that it's considered to be the city with the very best Chinese restaurants in this part of the world. It's impossible to get bad food in Vancouver!

I've never disguised myself as a Canadian! ;-)

That's so funny to me, because when I had family in Detroit, they used to take us across to Windsor to get Chinese food.

The Bridge between Detroit and Windsor has the distinction of being the one place where you can cross into Canada going south (and of course cross into the US going north).

mikectc

If I buy ten of these shirts at $10 a piece and than mail them back claiming that they are one dollar bills will woot send me another shirt? cuz that would be pretty cool.

mikectc

Re: Wild animals of Canada

I appreciate that you are calling it the Canada goose as opposed to the Canadian goose (which is not its name). I once heard a rumor that Canadian geese are not named for the country but instead for a naturalist of the same name. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Wikipedia says no but I have little faith in it.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
deejmurph wrote:Well the inspiration comes from here
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/06/02/bmpunk102.xml

My bad. That's funny!!

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
Re: Rating Canada

Woo hoo! First time in the Hotness!

mikectc

Re: Traveling Abroad

"Don't shoot I'm Canadian, Eh!" I love it.
My shirt was thinking along similar lines. Now I guess I am the hoser.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
insanecarbonbasedlif wrote:Did I hurt you in a past life or something, or do you just like being mean for the sake of being mean?

It is not mean to point out facts. The fact is that there are enough shirts on the market that say "EH?" and have a maple leaf that this is not at all unique. It's not hatred for you. I would say that for anyone who had posted this.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
AdderXYU wrote:It is not mean to point out facts. The fact is that there are enough shirts on the market that say "EH?" and have a maple leaf that this is not at all unique. It's not hatred for you. I would say that for anyone who had posted this.

*giggles*

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign

Wow--thanks for all the positive comments and the votes everyone! I honestly thought that only a couple of people I know would vote for this, but I guess I was wrong... This is awesome!

AdderXYU

superspryte wrote:Any reason your caps lock breaks when you type "fog" in your posts?

It's an acronym... "Funny Over Good"

mjc613

Re: National Flag of Canada

I am very glad to see that Joel showed up. Now I don't have to worry about my husband buying this shirt and upsetting the neighbors.

It also cleaned up the shirt pool so I can concentrate on what is really available.

Congrats to everyone who moved up.

AdderXYU

ejtracer wrote:Sweet shirt idea, love the 80's, but I'm betting Pac-Man might be a copyright infringement. But I could be wrong considering its parody nature.

Shigwarm won with a pac-man parody during halloween. If this gets rejected, woot's got a hell of a double standard.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
derekfilley wrote:Very nice art, but the colors really detract from it in my opinion.

Congrats on your win btw ;-)

Thanks!
Ya, I was going for something "different". Guess I went a little too "strange" on the colors. EH well. I don't mind sitting out this derby, the last one was crazy as it is. My vote is for THIS!
Cool Leaf scribble!
that's in the fog atm. I so want one.

mjc613

Re: Glowing Polar Bear

I hope the designer comes back to answer the previous questions. Can't tell how many color were actually used to make this bear, or if half-tones were used.

AdderXYU

bethebike wrote:For all of the negative comments about how simple the "Grow" design is, I could comment that this design probably took you less than 5 minutes, but I won't be that presumptuous.

And unlike the designer of grow, I wouldn't deny it!

The difference is that the other shirt took second in a derby which, by definition, was full of well thought out and well put together and time-consuming work. This is 15th in a derby about Canada. I've never claimed to be against simple design. Woot's just unable to read between the lines.