elohssa


quality posts: 3 Private Messages elohssa
Re: Pac Man Eating Canadian Bacon



I don't care if it is American bacon, I'd wear this shirt!

clerise


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clerise
Re: Canada: It's What's For Breakfast



I BELIEVE IN YOU TIG.

<3

stannley


quality posts: 2 Private Messages stannley
JadenKale wrote: I want to go up there sometime. If she ends up moving to Canada, I'll have a chance to go up there finally. She's looking between Montreal or Toronto, but it's not difficult to get on a train from Toronto to Vancouver if you want a leisurely trip (at least that's what my brother tells me).



You could wait a couple years and go there for the Olympics You really did do a great job capturing the different totems and the research shows IMO.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Canadians do it on Ice...



Okay, finally a really cool double entendre curling shirt! You don't have one, you probably NEED one, so you can look cool at the Winter Olympics in 2010 in Vancouver, CANADA!!!

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
2thFairy wrote:This is getting old now...



I kind of think it's getting even funnier, keep it up.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Andy47240 wrote:From the thumbnail I thought it might be official.
-Andy



Yeah, I might have done TOO good a job on it... the silliness is being diluted.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Schrobblehead wrote:It came out pretty good, though the math is kinda like 2+4=9. Somehow Canada is probably far less sissy a place than England or France. oh wait...Alex Trebek is from Canada while the UK has Sean Connery.



There is some inherently cool thing about Canada, true. But Britain has good TV (most of prime time and just about everything for kiddies is British judging by the accents and ideas). And france has good food and wine. Canada has... well, Canada had the Red Green Show!!! . And good beer, curling, and mooses.

...a moose once bit my sister...

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Fedora Borealis



My first and only submission. This was tough to think about even though I'd been to Canada just a few days before this theme was announced. Other than the occasional "eh" There wasn't much different about it. Sure there's a stray moose now and then, but they don't bother you as long as you buy them drinks... Pretty sure that was Canada.

bmckay


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmckay

Very nice design. Good line work. I wish it was the full leaf centered, though.

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Posers Eh!



Ha ha ha, this is great. I know a lot of people who have done that to save their necks. It can get pretty hectic in the world if people know you're American. This could also be useful once they make it mandatory for you to have a passport to go into Canada.

andrewlb


quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
JadenKale wrote:The scribbles are his signature... I'm fairly sure. But I agree with Adder, here. I don't care for how close the text is to the bottom of the bottle. Especially seeing it's got text there as well. It's very busy and very boxy. And I would go one further to say that the bottle is a lost cause if you want it printed here, because the color is so close to the background it just won't show up.



Guys thanks for the critique, I don't mean to sound snobish here so sorry if I do. What I did was took the tree from my other line drawing and made the colors into red and white, admittedly I wish I had just done it with a red tree and white middle or vice-versa, not both. The maple syrup thing was just an idea that I liked, and you are right in the fact that The shirt is:
Cluttered
The shadow doesn't really make sense
And the tree is a little boxy, if you look at my entry in the line drawing derby (Stairway to...) then you can see it there as well, this happened because the tree goes right to the edge of the 16 by 20 and I only noticed when I was done what had happened
All this said, The reason This isn't looking that great is because I did this in only an hour and then left for vacation, I just wanted to get something quick down and practice modding old versions

Your critique tho is helpful and if I get time I will resub this keeping in mind the things you have said. Chances of winning will be slim to none but it will be fun so thank you!

-andrewlb

I'm only human

deejmurph


quality posts: 0 Private Messages deejmurph
2thFairy wrote:My bad. That's funny!!



thanks!

physicalmishap


quality posts: 0 Private Messages physicalmishap
ebonyglider wrote:yes please someone explain it

is it because americans are stupid and don't know where canada is?



i think that's the idea. this would make a great shirt cause people would ask you what it means all the time!

TAYLORT5


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: F*CK CANADA!



To the designer "hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa" fail.


You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

thatrobert


quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Get Busy



Alright! KidG is overdue for some appreciation around here.

echelon7


quality posts: 0 Private Messages echelon7

Fail? I'm pressing the shirt myself because of the initial response on Woot! over the past couple of days. These will sell great independently. Do-it-yourself for the win. Having been in bands, I already have a hook up at screen shops, and the initial investment comes down to $2 a shirt screened wholesale. That's $8 profit sold at $10 + shipping. Yeah, I totally failed.

Beefcoat


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: On Guard For Thee.



Sach, I love your design. There is a professional quality about it that you don't see in many of the other shirt designs. I really like it. GMV

insanecarbonbasedlif


quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif
AdderXYU wrote:It is not mean to point out facts.


Ah, but it all depends on how you say them. There is a nice and a mean way to say almost everything. You seem to be making a practice of choosing the most vitriolic sarcasm with every post.

AdderXYU wrote:It's not hatred for you.


Nice to know - I'd rather not have enemies, even virtual ones.

shawnathon86


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnathon86

hahaha
AMAZING!!!

mjpupillo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
mjpupillo wrote:Woo hoo! First time in the Hotness!



And now my first time out of the Hotness. I liked it better in.



shawnathon86


quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawnathon86
Re: Sugaring Off



AMAZING HAHAHA I WANT ONE!!!

EyeTeeGuy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages EyeTeeGuy
mihalis aya wrote:Yay!



Lots of ladies voting for this one.....

EyeTeeGuy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages EyeTeeGuy
Re: Canadian Periodic Table



Love the design, voted for it, won't buy it.

EyeTeeGuy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages EyeTeeGuy
bmckay wrote:Very nice design. Good line work. I wish it was the full leaf centered, though.



Vetty nice indeed, eh!?!

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Duel Citizenship



Really well drawn! Clever take on the dual citizenship. I like it very much.

zuniteton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton
mjc613 wrote:I hope the designer comes back to answer the previous questions. Can't tell how many color were actually used to make this bear, or if half-tones were used.



Sigh I think you all are right you guys.
I am still pretty new at this I am sorry if I submitted something that wont work. I don't think its going to work but I am not sure either...thanks for all you help! I resubmitted this guy last night but not glowing, I couldn't get it down to really obvious 5 color glowing, oh well.

Thanks again, you live you learn.

soothedbyrainfall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages soothedbyrainfall
artulo wrote:Really well drawn! Clever take on the dual citizenship. I like it very much.



Thanks! Dunno if it'll get anywhere near the top since I'm entering it kinda late but no matter as I had fun doing it.

soothedbyrainfall.net

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
jimiyo wrote:dum, dum, dum dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum, dum duuuum.



*laughs hysterically* !!!


Beefcoat


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Andy47240 wrote:Verry nice illustration Beefcoat.
-Andy



Thanks a ton Andy!

Beefcoat


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Canadian Blue Hare (le Lapin bleu)



This is my Ode to the famous Canadian Hare that is in danger of becoming extinct. Save Canada's beloved blue hare.

Beefcoat


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11683]One Tank, Industrial Complex,



Love the reference! GMV

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Canadian Blue Hare (le Lapin bleu)



Nice job, Beefcoat! My heart really goes out to this little blue hare.

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
rglee129 wrote:Thanks Narkus. Coming from the Ostriches artist, that means a lot!



oh, not me : ) I can't draw a stick figure! I'm just an art-tee junkie! believe me, when you can't draw, you really appreciate people who can, whether it's a funny concept or something that's just pretty : )


Beefcoat


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Wild animals of Canada



Where is the blue hare?

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
mikectc wrote:A word of explanation to those of you who have not yet met any "Canadians" abroad. This shirt is dedicated to American tourists who pose as Canadians through the used of shirts or more commonly Canadian flag patches on there backpacks in order to avoid foreigners disdain.

Do real Canadians wear shirts with Canadian flags on them?



I don't know, but many Americans where clothing with some type of American flag, including patches; I don't think that's odd. i never think twice about it


narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
mjc613 wrote:That's so funny to me, because when I had family in Detroit, they used to take us across to Windsor to get Chinese food.

The Bridge between Detroit and Windsor has the distinction of being the one place where you can cross into Canada going south (and of course cross into the US going north).



wow, i live in detroit and didn't even know that : )


artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Beefcoat wrote:Where is the blue hare?



Sorry I could only fit so many on without it feeling cluttered. There were lots to choose from!

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Patriotic Pancakes



I'm not one to start controversies, but I found this while searching around online.

narkus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
Re: Cute baby seal



cute, indeed!!!