daedalusknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages daedalusknight
AdderXYU wrote:Shigwarm won with a pac-man parody during halloween. If this gets rejected, woot's got a hell of a double standard.

You've got a point there. Does anyone have an image of that Halloween shirt? Did it look exactly like Pac-man? It's hard for my poor, overworked mind to remember something so far back.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Canadian Bobcat

THis cat has much the same coloring as our cat. GMV!

mjc613

Re: Lord Stanley's Cup

This may have a lot to do with Canada, but if I bought it, it would be for US hockey fans.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
daedalusknight wrote:You've got a point there. Does anyone have an image of that Halloween shirt? Did it look exactly like Pac-man? It's hard for my poor, overworked mind to remember something so far back.

it was a pumpkin. So no, not exactly. But really, if someone can copyright 5/6ths of a circle, surely any parody is dangerous ground.

personally, I'd buy every shirt for the next three months if doing so could make "video game parody" the next on the list with "flying penguins"

wooterer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooterer
mikectc wrote:You probably only changed it to get around being rejected but I think it is now a much better shirt.

Thnx!

zweiss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zweiss
Re: Canada: It's What's For Breakfast

You know, from far away, it looks like the syrup and butter are a little boy. You get a vote for that whether you meant it or not.

daedalusknight

AdderXYU wrote:it was a pumpkin. So no, not exactly. But really, if someone can copyright 5/6ths of a circle, surely any parody is dangerous ground.

Ha! That's a funny thought... copyrighting a pie chart. :-)

Somebody with legal experience here should investigate this and prove Pac-man's image is not copyrighted. Then he could be free for everyone to use.

AdderXYU wrote: personally, I'd buy every shirt for the next three months if doing so could make "video game parody" the next on the list with "flying penguins"

Oh heck yes... sign me up for both those derbies. :-)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
bone1977 wrote:Please tell me you got this idea from this video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4015303277534468083&q=karate+bear&total=418&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Too Funny,

Bone

that's great. Sashimi bear prolly woulda taken that guy's head off, though. nobody messes with his dinner. ;^)

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: Sasquatch gets his hair did - in Nothern BC

I've been watching the derby for a while and finally decided to throw my hat into the ring.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Josephus

mjpupillo wrote:If sashimi bear took on cat-fu, who would win?

Cat-fu, no doubt. He's quick, you know- like a...cat.

BanderMort

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BanderMort

Great shirt, got my vote.

daedalusknight

Josephus wrote:Cat-fu, no doubt. He's quick, you know- like a...cat.

I think you're right... after all, those cats were fast as lightning!

brizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizz
Re: Duel Citizenship (3 colors)

really like this one! But then i'm a history nerd so it's a given....nice design though!

laughdavid1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laughdavid1
Re: 4 out of 5 U.S. Americans

Really Sad.
I think the most tragic thing about the comments, and a twist on the actual design concept, is the fact that both Mexicians & Canadians are "Americans".... (it also might skew the numbers if you take it in to account).
In some parts of the Central America ie Guatemala they will argue with you if your stupid enough to call yourself an "American". In Guatemala the name for a United States citizen equates to "United Statesian".

laughdavid1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laughdavid1
ebonyglider wrote:yes please someone explain it

is it because americans are stupid and don't know where canada is?

Yes...

Josephus

daedalusknight wrote:I think you're right... after all, those cats were fast as lightning!

in fact it was a little bit frightning. :^)

daedalusknight

Josephus wrote:in fact it was a little bit frightning. :^)

Really? But they fought with expert timing... ;)

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz
Re: Canada Is Canuckier.

Hey! We should all vote for this RIGHT NOW. Thanks. :^)

ianthemighty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianthemighty
rres wrote:I've been watching the derby for a while and finally decided to throw my hat into the ring.

Your feedback is appreciated.

This is incredible! Maybe I'll order two of the tiniest size, so I can wear both at the same time!

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
Re: Big Polar Bear!

I like this image, however it is outside of the printable area on the shirts, as it shows it goes all the way to seam.

The colors look great, I like how it looks on a cream shirt, and I am not a big fan of cream shirts in general. Good job.

vha2581

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vha2581
Re: Canadian Goose

Looks good, smooth.

vha2581

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vha2581
Re: Northern Lights (Take II)

Nice blue lights

bnp4106

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bnp4106
2thFairy wrote:oh man.. BURN!

Yep, she doesn't mind she knows that puffy sheep and demented childrens songs aren't my thing for t-shirts, although I do find them hilarious.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
JadenKale wrote:
Stann, thanks for that knowledge too! I think the winter Olympics are in Beijing, China this year and then in 2010 they're back in Vancouver, Canada.

Summer olympics are in Beijing. Summer olympics are held every 4 years, and the winter every 4 years, rotating (so 2008 summer, 2010 winter, 2012 summer, 2014 winter, etc).

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: Ogopogo (Canadian Lake Monster)

Half the fun of putting on clothing is knowing you get to take it off.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Northern Lights (Take II)

GMV. I like the design and the colors. Good luck!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
SkekTek wrote:Okay, finally a really cool double entendre curling shirt! You don't have one, you probably NEED one, so you can look cool at the Winter Olympics in 2010 in Vancouver, CANADA!!!

GMV

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

rres wrote:

Yep, that's the inspiration, except mine's at my stepmom's house now. ^_^ Isn't he cute?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mjc613

Re: The Real Afternoon Delight

Zero, we discussed some of the issues with this in the derby thread a few days ago. This looks like the same photo from then, and because of that, there are problems with halftones and gradients, which woot cannot duplicate.

This is smaller than the picture you posted back then. If this is not a photo, could you post a large picture showing the detail of how you achieved this affect?

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

geekfactor12 wrote:That's a great stuffed animal, maybe I'll buy it so I can walk around with it when I buy this shirt.

Unless it raids my closet, of course:

That is awesome.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

LadyChic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyChic
superspryte wrote:Yep, that's the inspiration, except mine's at my stepmom's house now. ^_^ Isn't he cute?

he is as cute as a button

I'd take the shirt and stuffed animal in a combo pack =D

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

LadyChic wrote:he is as cute as a button

I'd take the shirt and stuffed animal in a combo pack =D

Now, *that* would be awesome. <3

...except I already have the animal. ^_~ Thanks for the vote! ^_^

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres

Hard to picture that - but I'm all for you buying a bunch of them :D

How about 2 more for your feet too?

=D

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

rglee129 wrote:Thanks Narkus. Coming from the Ostriches artist, that means a lot!

I'm guessing you're referring to the flying ostriches? That was jamescho84. ^_^

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
narkus wrote:oh, not me : ) I can't draw a stick figure! I'm just an art-tee junkie! believe me, when you can't draw, you really appreciate people who can, whether it's a funny concept or something that's just pretty : )

Well, at least I got the praise of an shirt.woot aficionado! Even better!

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

easeandgrace wrote:Cute shirt... I live in Washington state. I've had some great times in Vancouver, B.C., and I don't know if you know this, but among its charms is the fact that it's considered to be the city with the very best Chinese restaurants in this part of the world. It's impossible to get bad food in Vancouver!

I've never disguised myself as a Canadian! ;-)

People in Japan think I'm Brazilian. No joke.

mjc613

This is very impressive. Some people may not think of the Sasquatch when they see this dwg and not vote, but do not let that discourage you. I hope to see more art from you, whether in this derby or future ones.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjc613 wrote:That's so funny to me, because when I had family in Detroit, they used to take us across to Windsor to get Chinese food.

The Bridge between Detroit and Windsor has the distinction of being the one place where you can cross into Canada going south (and of course cross into the US going north).

It's also the busiest US/Canada border point. Not just of Michigan's three, but of the entire border. (I grew up within an hour drive of the Ambassador Bridge and Tunnel)

< / fun fact >

irrational

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irrational

Not the biggest fan of pink but having it on the red helps. Hope this one at least makes The Fog.

irrational

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irrational

Thats some fantastic line work, but thats also a lot of brown...