swedishchef1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swedishchef1

Doh, just saw Antigra's entry...I really have been working on this concept since Friday morning, it just took me a while to find the time, and I didn't view the previous entries before submitting...great minds think alike, eh?

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
Re: Canadian Roots

That’s really nice Artulo. Another one of the surprises of a rather uninspiring theme. It’s a little late, but I hope you still get lots of well-deserved votes. gmv.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

OOOOO, more topography! Shirt looks blue on my screen and goes well with the other colors.

kadoda77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadoda77
Re: Pour le Poney

Nice.

dorbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dorbie
Re: America's Hat

The png transparency has not been handled well by woot. Live & learn. Ignore the black crap outside the t-shirt.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Wow! Very nice..

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Hi everyone - was pretty tired when I posted this! It's on a navy tee, thanks for your votes!

Here's a link to a LARGE image!

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica
Re: Wearable Temperature Converter

I think this may help during tests.... :D just like the Boston Tea Party shirt, I know now that that day was.... crap this is why I need the shirt...

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

maxdamage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxdamage
mjc613 wrote:When you are dealing with people like me!!! I put on a jacket if the temperature drops below 70F!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Damn, I grill in shorts and short sleeves at 30F

cdncarlie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdncarlie
Re: Rating Canada

very creattive. Great job! GMV

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
bethebike wrote:For all of the negative comments about how simple the "Grow" design is, I could comment that this design probably took you less than 5 minutes, but I won't be that presumptuous.

It's really nice that you aren't being presumptuous. It would seem to me that you were one or the grow fans, so I'd think you'd love this simple design. GMV. I hope it wins. S.E.T.

cdncarlie

Re: Pour le Poney

very original...love the play on words (great song btw) and the font. Nicely done! GMV

My shirt.woots: When Doughnuts Fly, Kawaii, Random Shirt x3 (Dino Wino, Killer Bees, Unfriendly Locals),Do the Math, Zombie Season, What Dreams are Made of, Random Shirt x3 (Ghosts!, Dramatic Jackalope, Man-Boy)

hrsegal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hrsegal
Jemmacakes wrote:luuurve!!!

Ditto! This contest theme sort of left me luke warm. I don't have enough feelings for Canada either way to want to wear a t-shirt about it, but this shirt is really great. It got my very first ever woot vote! Good luck!

cdncarlie

looks like gradients to me...and woot cannot print gradients, sorry

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: Put the leaf in the flag

OK, I'm still trying to gather more than 42 votes. I don't know what it takes, but maybe there's a contingent out there that understands this one, and will vote for it for comedy value anyway.

Come on, it's just 42 votes!

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
highgrassfarm wrote:OK, I'm still trying to gather more than 42 votes. I don't know what it takes, but maybe there's a contingent out there that understands this one, and will vote for it for comedy value anyway.

Come on, it's just 42 votes!

it did make me laugh. i don't know how wearable it is due to the small audience that would understand it, but gmv for making me laugh. nice job.

annabellee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages annabellee

Took me a minute also, but now I can't stop. Great job!

highgrassfarm

mjpupillo wrote:it did make me laugh. i don't know how wearable it is due to the small audience that would understand it, but gmv for making me laugh. nice job.

Thanks! But I don't plan on winning. I'm not sure I want to win. Just more than 42 votes, that's all I want!

hrsegal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hrsegal
Re: maple leaf

I love this shirt because it is in keeping with the theme without being a cheesie tourist t-shirt that you'd buy at a Niagra Falls trap. Quietly lovely. Good Luck!

3devious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3devious
ebonyglider wrote:yes please someone explain it

is it because americans are stupid and don't know where canada is?

Yes. We never bother to find out where something is until we are going to bomb it. My geography of Persia is excellent, but I need Mapquest to find anything more than 80 miles away.

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru

one's already been done and gotten rejected. also, do i see gradients? it might just be my imagination...

sigaru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru

... no. [sorry.]

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya

Oh, that's pretty.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
mjpupillo wrote:Nice play.
The yellow reminds me of beautiful tulip Tracy.
GMV.

I was about to say that I don't know who tulip tracy is, but now I see the filters have switched out the word d*ck. Yes, d*ck tracy I can see that. Was he Canadian?

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo

smart shirt. fashionable and helpful for we americans who travel to canada and can only get weather reports in celcius.

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader

Maybe 5 at the most. Boooo. I'll have to find a more cartoonish picture I guess. Frig. I thought it was a good idea. :-(

I vectored the picture with VectorMagic (www.vectormagic.com).

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

mjc613

Dorbie, I think this is the best version I've seen of this theme, but as has been stated, since it's been done before, so woot will not print it.

As dismal as this sounds, I recommend you check what has already been rejected and why (if you put your mouse over a rejected entry on the derby page, a label with the reason will show up). This will give you a clearer picture of what woot is looking for, and save you time and energy before you submit something that won't fly.

That said, I hope you will post more entries soon.

highgrassfarm

IIt occurs to me, judging by some past derby winners, that Wooters love instructional shirts. Therefore, I am doing by best to provide the Wooting community with iinstructional shirts. Behold, my first example!

mjc613

I am guessing that you are parodying Lime in the Coconut. While very funny, this shirt doesn't work as well because:
1- There is no shirt that says "put the Leaf on the Canadian Flag". Unless you are hearing the Lime in the Coconut song, or unless you were on woot last week, it might not occur to you that this is a parody - or of what.
2-The contrast of the colors of this design is not as strong as the aforementioned shirt. The lime green vibrated with the blue background, and the brown produced a soothing affect, drawing people to that shirt like a magnet. The lkight blue of this shirt does nothing for the red and white. Dark blue would be better. Brown would too. It needs a stronger color.
3- The leaf is too large for the white panel of the flag. The brain just rejects things that do not fit. The flag should be larger, in order to keep the detail of the leaf.

I'll vote for this, but I hope you will return the favor and vote for the shirts in my signature.

highgrassfarm

mjc613 wrote:I am guessing that you are parodying Lime in the Coconut. While very funny, this shirt doesn't work as well because:
1- There is no shirt that says "put the Leaf on the Canadian Flag". Unless you are hearing the Lime in the Coconut song, or unless you were on woot last week, it might not occur to you that this is a parody - or of what.
2-The contrast of the colors of this design is not as strong as the aforementioned shirt. The lime green vibrated with the blue background, and the brown produced a soothing affect, drawing people to that shirt like a magnet. The lkight blue of this shirt does nothing for the red and white. Dark blue would be better. Brown would too. It needs a stronger color.
3- The leaf is too large for the white panel of the flag. The brain just rejects things that do not fit. The flag should be larger, in order to keep the detail of the leaf.

I'll vote for this, but I hope you will return the favor and vote for the shirts in my signature.

Thanks for the advice! I definitely need all I can get. The favor will be returned.

highgrassfarm

highgrassfarm wrote:Thanks for the advice! I definitely need all I can get. The favor will be returned.

By the way, very funny is all I am hoping for. As George Bush would say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: Ogopogo (Canadian Lake Monster)

its really nice to see a Canada shirt that doesn't have maple leaves or Canadian flags on it. [or "eh] I would love to wear this shirt!

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: Canadian Blue Hare (le Lapin bleu)

I love the creepy bulgey eyes, gmv

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mjc613 wrote:I am guessing that you are parodying Lime in the Coconut. While very funny, this shirt doesn't work as well because:

It works because it's clearly parody. You're being way too serious about an entry that is clearly saying "wow, two food items and an arrow is a wearable shirt?"

This wasn't meant to be a winning shirt. It was meant to point out how weak the concept of the last winning shirt was.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ejseader wrote:Maybe 5 at the most. Boooo. I'll have to find a more cartoonish picture I guess. Frig. I thought it was a good idea. :-(

I vectored the picture with VectorMagic (www.vectormagic.com).

vectormagic charges now, don't they?
They do a really good tracing job, though.

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque
Re: maple leaf

Lovely. That is all.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
markzero wrote:The randomness of the NUMBERS didn't bother you?

YES! I love me my Aaarrrgyle, but on this one the colors at first and then the numbering completely throws it off IMO. I do like the Boxing Day is 1226 (absolutely randomly, but it obviously works)

Otherwise, besides the way Mike Honcho refers to himself like that, pointing out the beaver positioning is very annoying. Thank you woot for rejecting so many absurd beavers!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Thanks for all the kind words, especially from those of you who's arms know no cold. The colors might be iffy, but if a unified field theory holds, the state of particles at the big bang predetermined every subsequent state of the universe, so unless you believe in something beyond the physical which can still alter the physical, the design with these colors has been a certainty for billions of years. But I guess any distaste for the colors is a similarly derived state of particles/energies in the mind, so there's no use arguing with what must be. Happy St. Patty's Day!

highgrassfarm

AdderXYU wrote:It works because it's clearly parody. You're being way too serious about an entry that is clearly saying "wow, two food items and an arrow is a wearable shirt?"

This wasn't meant to be a winning shirt. It was meant to point out how weak the concept of the last winning shirt was.

Here....Here....*clap...clap....clap* well said!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: sashimi bear

you just never know who's going to show up in a woot t-shirt. potentially.