KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: One Small Step For Moose

Okay... so the original one was rejected because I can't count and it had 7 colors... This has been revised and re-submitted to be only 6 colors... Stupid Woot and your repressive and tyranical rules

Really, this shirt is all about the moose's helmet... I loved the idea of a custom helmet to contain the antlers... And once you have a moose in a space suit you might as well put him on the moon... and once he's on the moon he might as well be planting a flag... and what better flag than that of the great Canadian Nation!

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Josephus wrote:
you just never know who's going to show up in a woot t-shirt. potentially.

Heh... This is great. You're a master of photo alteration.

I wonder if, someday, Woot will be able to print photos on T-shirts... you would be able to create something astonishing I'm sure. :-)

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
janet13 wrote:Cool idea and I like the text. Is the bear a bit distorted? He looks too tall and pulls the set a bit out of proportion, imho.

Yeah, as artulo already stated, the bear is just that much bigger when standing. It also would've been neat to see the wingspan of the Canada goose, (while no albatross, it'd be fairly impressive) but I definately see that it doesn't fit the design.

My only minor gripe is the numbering trend... why didn't you flip the goose and caribou to continue the swapping sides numbering?
GMV regardless!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
daedalusknight wrote:Heh... This is great. You're a master of photo alteration.

I wonder if, someday, Woot will be able to print photos on T-shirts... you would be able to create something astonishing I'm sure. :-)

tgentry blows me away. That's something we in the photoshop contest had once talked about doing, making our own a photoshop contest winner t-shirt line, but then woot came out with shirt.woot, and the quality of printing from photos just isn't comparable to silkscreening, so it withered away. too bad, although the copyright issues are much more difficult. :^|

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
AdderXYU wrote:It works because it's clearly parody. You're being way too serious about an entry that is clearly saying "wow, two food items and an arrow is a wearable shirt?"

This wasn't meant to be a winning shirt. It was meant to point out how weak the concept of the last winning shirt was.

But I don't think that shirt won because it was two food items and an arrow. It had to do with the colors, and the recognition of the song. All the winning shirts could be identified with their song without the "Inspired by" Title. They didn't require explaining. This one, as simple as it is, does. And if I missed the point of the shirt, I'm sure others did too.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: Put the leaf in the flag

Hahaha! You did post it! I love it.. fantastic parody. ;)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
sigaru wrote:... no. [sorry.]

Why do people apologize for not liking something?

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: It's All About the Bacon

It's all about the bacon....Canadian bacon that is! Maybe it's the round pigs that make those great round bacon slices that fit so conveniently in our English Muffins.

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
eyeslikesugar wrote:Hahaha! You did post it! I love it.. fantastic parody. ;)

Thank you *bow*

highgrassfarm

mjc613 wrote:But I don't think that shirt won because it was two food items and an arrow. It had to do with the colors, and the recognition of the song. All the winning shirts could be identified with their song without the "Inspired by" Title. They didn't require explaining. This one, as simple as it is, does. And if I missed the point of the shirt, I'm sure others did too.

I do appreciate the lesson in the psychology of color. I will have to think more about that in the future. I typically just go with what I like. That's not doing me much good so far.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

I really like this design, it has great color choices. I have only seen the sunset from the American side of lake Ontario, and it's spectacular. If anyone is in the Rochester area I recommend going to "Marge's" to watch the sunset. That way you can get liquored up and sit on the beach.

dekonstruct

dekonstruct

Re: maple leaf

Simply elegent daahhhling.

eyeslikesugar

highgrassfarm wrote:I do appreciate the lesson in the psychology of color. I will have to think more about that in the future. I typically just go with what I like. That's not doing me much good so far.

Woot voters are a crazy bunch; even they don't know what they want.

sailstud25

cdncarlie wrote:hmmm, i'm from Alberta but i've never been there. what part of alberta is it in?

This shirt is unbelievable! I've never been there, but you've done a beautiful job... can certainly picture/imagine the scenery of Spirit Island! GMV

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

eyeslikesugar

Re: Don't club babay seals!

Wow! You did a great job on that seal! I'm impressed.

highgrassfarm

eyeslikesugar wrote:Wow! You did a great job on that seal! I'm impressed.

Thanks!

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
Re: If Tank Girl had been Canadian

I appreciate any support on this shirt, this is my first ever submission. Thanks for looking!

highgrassfarm

Re: Put the leaf in the flag

I just recently learned what the "Canadian Maple" leaf looks like. Prior to this, I must have been drawing the "American Maple" leaf.

eyeslikesugar

highgrassfarm wrote:I just recently learned what the "Canadian Maple" leaf looks like. Prior to this, I must have been drawing the "American Maple" leaf.

Hahaha!

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
Re: Canadian Hockey

Old time hockey!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: It's All About the Bacon

<3 piggie! GMV

daedalusknight

Josephus wrote:tgentry blows me away. That's something we in the photoshop contest had once talked about doing, making our own a photoshop contest winner t-shirt line, but then woot came out with shirt.woot, and the quality of printing from photos just isn't comparable to silkscreening, so it withered away. too bad, although the copyright issues are much more difficult. :^|

I understand. Yeah, I actually have tried printing photos on shirts before... either they look great but don't last through many washes or they are durable but not as high quality an image.

I wonder if there's some alternative item that could be profitable and fun to design for... mugs maybe? Not something people buy as much as they buy t-shirts, I guess.

pinkcrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkcrow

daedalusknight

dekonstruct wrote:I really like this design, it has great color choices. I have only seen the sunset from the American side of lake Ontario, and it's spectacular. If anyone is in the Rochester area I recommend going to "Marge's" to watch the sunset. That way you can get liquored up and sit on the beach.

Thanks so much for the compliment.

I've been to Rochester... had a great time there. I'll have to check out Marge's if I can make it back up that direction.

I usually fly out to Toronto when visiting Canada, but a road trip past Niagara would give me a great excuse to visit Rochester. Of course, I'd want to go when it's warm, as I'm told that the snow can be a bit much at times. :-)

kixxster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kixxster
kixxster wrote:I appreciate any support on this shirt, this is my first ever submission. Thanks for looking!

Oh yeah, inspired by Tank's bullseye shirt in the movie, but with a Canadian twist

sailstud25

geekfactor12 wrote:Joel likes sunsets, and long walks on the beach.

This is really cool! Now I'm torn between this and redghia's Spirit Island...
GMV for sure, would probably get both if I could, but alas... :-/
Come on, stay in the fog!

gargrazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gargrazz

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan

Huh.

sailstud25

mwh1986 wrote:Buy it now!

http://www.cafepress.com/maidenvoyage.145668476

Bummer if woot deems it too similar(don't mean to jinx) I like the leaf behind it and much simpler and thereby cuter. Almost on the cute factor of Li'l Nessie!

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
Re: Ontrillio

Being Ontario-born, I would love to get this shirt for the females in my family.
Poetic, simple design.
Well done.

mwh1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwh1986
Re: Canadian Boxmeme

wow you always get like 10 or 12 votes and then nothing hardly.

IMHO - You should spread your 10 votes out some that way you have a better chance of getting in the hotness.

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Josephus wrote:vectormagic charges now, don't they?
They do a really good tracing job, though.

I downloaded the free .png...since it's vectored you can still stretch it without too much of a problem...and the pic was high-res to begin with.

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
PemberDucky wrote:Your FACE looks like a porcupine!
BURN.

Your face doesn't actually look like a porcupine.

my hair kinda does sometimes look like a porcupine... your post is hysterical cause i use "your face" as my comeback to everything lately even when it doesn't really make sense

Please check it out

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Poser (resub)

Sorry everyone,
the last one had one too many colors. I got rid of the green. Sorry again! And thanks to those who pointed it out.

host47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages host47

I like it alot, even though I also like Canada. I think I'll snag the IMG and make one from cafepress with it. :-P

Keep Woot's Servers Alive: host47.com/woot

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
mjc613 wrote:Good catch, JK. I also see 7 colors
Clouds - grey and white ; Flying geese add - yellow, dark grey and black outine
Shirt detail adds red; Grass adds green.

Sorry, everyone. I didn't quite catch it before I submitted. Thanks for pointing it out. I have resubmitted this without the green
Sorry again.

host47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages host47

Once my flower grew! I Love it!!

Keep Woot's Servers Alive: host47.com/woot

daedalusknight

sailstud25 wrote:This is really cool! Now I'm torn between this and redghia's Spirit Island...
GMV for sure, would probably get both if I could, but alas... :-/
Come on, stay in the fog!

Glad you like it and thanks for the vote.

The great thing about Woot is that you can actually vote for both my shirt and Spirit Island and hope for both to win. They may not make it, but you can at least support your favorities.