haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

"Put the Leaf in the Flag" is probably one of my favorite songs evar. GMV! I'm guessing you're going for 42 votes because that's how many times they sing the chorus.

you put the leaf in the flag, la da dee doh doo,
the leaf in the flag, something something snow
milk in a bag, da da baby seals
leaf in the flag, oh canada...

ricosuaveishere

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricosuaveishere
Re: Cute baby seal

can I give someone money for this shirt already...

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: O Canada! - Sorry that's all I know!

Just in time for the next Olympics. The Canadian National Anthem tshirt....O Canada! .... oops...that's all I know.

HotIceCream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotIceCream
Re: maple leaf

I like this shirt so much. too bad its color scheme and "look" is so close to another shirt i already own... Cool Breeze. I'm sure you've heard of the shirt... longest selling shirt, i think.

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
haxrox wrote:"Put the Leaf in the Flag" is probably one of my favorite songs evar. GMV! I'm guessing you're going for 42 votes because that's how many times they sing the chorus.

you put the leaf in the flag, la da dee doh doo,
the leaf in the flag, something something snow
milk in a bag, da da baby seals
leaf in the flag, oh canada...

Verse 2

I put the leaf in the flag, you put the leaf in the flag
Everyone everywhere put the leaf in the flag
If the flag doesn't have a leaf it's just a rag
leaf in the flag, oh canada

blazeSpec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazeSpec

wow, this one has been climbing the ranks like theres no tomorrow. I'm counting on it being encompassed in fog shortly

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ricosuaveishere wrote:can I give someone money for this shirt already...

all we can do is vote for it, and hope they pick it up for a best-of derby. thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

klswoot

Re: It's All About the Bacon

Thanks Artulo and 2thFairy. Late start this week, but I wanted to get something entered. Makes it more fun to have at least one 'horse' in the derby. This week the horse is a pig!

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
highgrassfarm wrote:I just recently learned what the "Canadian Maple" leaf looks like. Prior to this, I must have been drawing the "American Maple" leaf.

I will never understand woot's rejections based on poor illustration. They reject your flags, because they don't think you did a good enough job on the maple leaf. They rejected my flying gentleman, because apparently he looked like a water fowl. All this, yet they leave a periodic table that isn't numbered or colored like a periodic table. You can never predict what they will do, so best of luck in your future drawings that woot determines it looks good enough. GMV.

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Canadian Blue Hare (le Lapin bleu)

From the Canadian Blue Hare

TravelingKailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TravelingKailey
Re: Skating on the Rideau Canal

I like the look... it would be a great winter shirt, but I don't think it really fits the theme. I don't think it screams Canada for many people

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: It's All About the Bacon

I like it KLS! It makes me want to eat bacon! nicely done.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
sailstud25 wrote:Yeah, as artulo already stated, the bear is just that much bigger when standing. It also would've been neat to see the wingspan of the Canada goose, (while no albatross, it'd be fairly impressive) but I definately see that it doesn't fit the design.

My only minor gripe is the numbering trend... why didn't you flip the goose and caribou to continue the swapping sides numbering?
GMV regardless!

Wow, thanks for your vote and support with the image graphic! I hadn't even thought about the even/odd numberings until you mentioned it! I just put them in order on height and what I considered a good arrangement. The only other thing was the colors are somewhat related to relative danger to people, should you happen to run into one.

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
klswoot wrote:Just in time for the next Olympics. The Canadian National Anthem tshirt....O Canada! .... oops...that's all I know.

Wait. You mean there's more?

klswoot

Re: O Canada! - Sorry that's all I know!

mjpupillo wrote:Wait. You mean there's more?

l.ol! I know! Apparently so!

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
bluchez wrote:I will never understand woot's rejections based on poor illustration. They reject your flags, because they don't think you did a good enough job on the maple leaf. They rejected my flying gentleman, because apparently he looked like a water fowl. All this, yet they leave a periodic table that isn't numbered or colored like a periodic table. You can never predict what they will do, so best of luck in your future drawings that woot determines it looks good enough. GMV.

Thanks! I have found some of the rejections to be caprecious. The first time it happened to me I was upset. But hey, I figure, that's part of the sport of it. At least now I know why my leafs on the flags weren't acceptable. I'll have to wait for an American theme and submit it as an American maple leaf

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
highgrassfarm wrote:Thanks! I have found some of the rejections to be caprecious. The first time it happened to me I was upset. But hey, I figure, that's part of the sport of it. At least now I know why my leafs on the flags weren't acceptable. I'll have to wait for an American theme and submit it as an American maple leaf

Hahaha! You both crack me up... they already did the "America" theme; it was the citizenship derby. At least citizenship to wooters = America.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
daedalusknight wrote:Glad you like it and thanks for the vote.

The great thing about Woot is that you can actually vote for both my shirt and Spirit Island and hope for both to win. They may not make it, but you can at least support your favorities.

Absolutely, man... I did vote for yours and I hope it stays in the fog, but I'm not gonna try to squeeze it into my sig since it's already fogged and sure to continue getting attention. Good luck!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

northcutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages northcutt
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Awesome design! You have my vote.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
artulo wrote:Wow, thanks for your vote and support with the image graphic! I hadn't even thought about the even/odd numberings until you mentioned it! I just put them in order on height and what I considered a good arrangement. The only other thing was the colors are somewhat related to relative danger to people, should you happen to run into one.

Oh, that's great with the colors! I hadn't picked up on it, but so very useful, um, should I... um, encounter any of... those... animals. lolol

But seriously, I do like it even more now!

Come on people, VOTE!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Poser (resub)

GMV. I'm not keen on this derby in general but this is funny and well-designed.

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: maple leaf

this is painfully awesome. and brown. I have an army of brown t-shirts-- could always add more.

good luck!

smithsonia

daedalusknight wrote:I hope everyone likes this one... It kind of has a personal meaning and I'm not sure it'll resonate with everyone. Back when I was a kid my family and I would occasioanlly head up to Canada to visit my mother's relatives. We would usually go in the early fall when the leaves were all turning and the loons and Canadian gese were all in flight... headed south I guess. My mom's not with us anymore but I still remember the way she loved the changing colors of the leaves and the sight of those birds in flight. I wanted to pay homage to that with this shirt; I call it Lake Ontario Sunset. Please let me know if you like it. Thanks!

that story is really sweet. and your shirt is beautiful.

smithsonia

Re: Maple Leaves

very whimsical. I love it.

smithsonia

daedalusknight wrote:
I kinda wish Woot had more shirt colors, though, as a warm, dark grey would be perfect (their grey's cool and lighter).
:-)

I own an "asphalt" grey shirt, rather than the usual heather, and it's pretty nice.
/but the black is fine. ^_^

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mjc613 wrote:But I don't think that shirt won because it was two food items and an arrow. It had to do with the colors, and the recognition of the song. All the winning shirts could be identified with their song without the "Inspired by" Title. They didn't require explaining. This one, as simple as it is, does. And if I missed the point of the shirt, I'm sure others did too.

It had to do with people being unable to react to a design, but needing simplicity. There's nothing about this one that DOESN'T identify with the song in question... it's a literal interpretation thereof. Everyone has heard the song, because it's in the ranks of joke items such as "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" and "Dont Worry Be Happy". The people voting on it weren't Nilsson fans, and probably still don't know who wrote and sang the song. Many may only have voted because it was from Reservoir Dogs. Others may know it solely from the more recent Coke commercials. There is identification, but nothing else, in the graphic. So really, it was two food items with an arrow. Rationalize it as you will, there's little else to hold this shirt in esteem.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
bryozoan wrote:Being Ontario-born, I would love to get this shirt for the females in my family.
Poetic, simple design.
Well done.

Thanks Bryozoan!!! I love the compliment!

yeeter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yeeter
Re: Maple Leaves

Zenne,

You have style.

VOTE!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
host47 wrote:I like it alot, even though I also like Canada. I think I'll snag the IMG and make one from cafepress with it. :-P

Generally that is called stealing. I don't even know what shirt it is you like, since you neglected to prove knowledge of the quote functions here, but even at its worst, the designer deserves any profit to be made from it.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mwh1986 wrote:Buy it now!

http://www.cafepress.com/maidenvoyage.145668476

I don't really see the similarity. Aside from a moose and a hockey stick.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

eyeslikesugar

AdderXYU wrote:Generally that is called stealing. I don't even know what shirt it is you like, since you neglected to prove knowledge of the quote functions here, but even at its worst, the designer deserves any profit to be made from it.

this shirt

JadenKale

mwh1986 wrote:Buy it now!

http://www.cafepress.com/maidenvoyage.145668476

It's not the same. Yes, a moose playing hockey, but it's not the same. And I find it rude that you put a 'buy it now' in my thread. I drew this from scratch and that would be like telling anyone who does a moose, or refers to hockey or does a leaf, that it's been done before and needs to be removed. My design is original and I have the sketch to prove it.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
AdderXYU wrote:Many may only have voted because it was from Reservoir Dogs. Others may know it solely from the more recent Coke commercials.

I didn't like the shirt and therefore did not vote for it. However, I was familiar with the song when it was featured on the Muppet Show. Man, that was a cool show once upon a time....

eyeslikesugar

2thFairy wrote:I didn't like the shirt and therefore did not vote for it. However, I was familiar with the song when it was featured on the Muppet Show. Man, that was a cool show once upon a time....

Agreed. I loved the episode with Vincent Price and vampire Kermit =D

On topic:

Please vote for this shirt!
link

jpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpolson
Re: Poser (resub)

Cute. Unfortunately, it's probably too late to get many votes.

pgibby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgibby

You left out Don Cherry! ha ha

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
JadenKale wrote:It's not the same. Yes, a moose playing hockey, but it's not the same. And I find it rude that you put a 'buy it now' in my thread. I drew this from scratch and that would be like telling anyone who does a moose, or refers to hockey or does a leaf, that it's been done before and needs to be removed. My design is original and I have the sketch to prove it.

I REALLY am not trying to get this rejected, but for what it's worth: This shirt is an anthropomorphic moose playing hockey. The other shirt is an anthropomorphic moose playing hockey. This shirt was not copied from other shirt, but do feature the same content. Was it inspired by the other shirt? Probably not, but obviously impossible to prove. Some "consistency" of rejections is purely a pipe dream, I realize, but there was a shirt rejected in this derby that wasn't too different of a situation. Cheese's curling stone & croosbrooms was rejected for being too similar to an entry from Adder for a previous derby. It was obviously designed from scratch, the other shirt isn't available for purchase, but the similarities of the concept were enough for the rejection. Again, I'm just offering my ramblings, not saying the decision should go one way or another.

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan

Is this going to become the next flying penguin?

I hope not, because this is a cute shirt by a creative designer. Of course, every shirt in each derby is gonna have someone start whining about it. Kind of like a right of passage!

alftuba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alftuba
Re: Wild animals of Canada

I don't think the bear is wrong, in fact I think it's about right. But if that's a normal sized caribou, then that's the biggest goose on the planet. Something's definitely wrong there. I think everything else is right in relation to the goose, but the caribou (and the bear to match) should be MUCH bigger.

JadenKale

bluchez wrote:I REALLY am not trying to get this rejected, but for what it's worth: This shirt is an anthropomorphic moose playing hockey. The other shirt is an anthropomorphic moose playing hockey. This shirt was not copied from other shirt, but do feature the same content. Was it inspired by the other shirt? Probably not, but obviously impossible to prove. Some "consistency" of rejections is purely a pipe dream, I realize, but there was a shirt rejected in this derby that wasn't too different of a situation. Cheese's curling stone & croosbrooms was rejected for being too similar to an entry from Adder for a previous derby. It was obviously designed from scratch, the other shirt isn't available for purchase, but the similarities of the concept were enough for the rejection. Again, I'm just offering my ramblings, not saying the decision should go one way or another.

I understand what you are trying to say, Blu. But again, if that was the case, then every stereotypical reference in this derby would be trashed. Add the fact that the moose in that link is copyright clip art that someone is trying to use to make a shirt for profit, and it's not I who should be removed, but rather hers from cafepress.com. Cafepress has much the same rules that woot has in using artwork that is not yours for profit.