imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej
easeandgrace wrote:My friend who lives in Winnepeg says this is definitely the best one. He should know! :-)

tell him thanks

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
geekfactor12 wrote:My pancakes have no syrup! Vote for the only syrup-free pancakes, y'all!

Seriously, though, if we're rejecting shirts for making different jokes with the same inspiration (in this case, Canada's anthem), then why is a joke based on the periodic table (when other jokes have been made using the same inspiration are all over the web, including several shirts) still in the fog?

Because the designer is apparently providing half of woot with free radio.

dhouse87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87
OpenDesign wrote:^^^

Oh, and that isn't sarcasm in the second part! I'm not trying to be arrogant...

I've had this one voted for since the original, love it. Te abstract placement of the circles, all around, I just LOVE this shirt, and was TOTALLY hoping it'd be fogged.

(I like it with the N, because it made it more artsy, i feel, but that's just me)

GOOD LUCK!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Wearable Temperature Converter

I live in Arizona, and need a sweatshirt till it's at least 75 degrees fahrenheit. Ironically enough, I prefer to wear jeans over shorts, and often will be chillin in my toasty toasty denim during those months when it's 115 or higher.

Check out my blog:Here!

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
Re: maple leaf

Gorgeous

bumpass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bumpass
Re: Get Busy

I'm lovin' it. Hope this goes the distance.

CaucasionSensation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaucasionSensation
superspryte wrote:Calling to "get rid of" someone is rude, regardless of what he has or hasn't done. I'm asking that you consider rewording to make this post less rude. Your opinion is valid but you need to be courteous.

Yes please... You and the other fellow come across in a poor light. I'm sure you're both bigger than that.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Oh man... this is getting to be nail biting time... with less than two days left to vote, I'm back in the fog and back in the "new hotness," but will this spunky little contender have what it takes to go the distance and make it to third place in time to be printed? It's going to be a real tough challenge, but I hope I can really shine through here (no pun intended).

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
geekfactor12 wrote:My pancakes have no syrup! Vote for the only syrup-free pancakes, y'all!

Seriously, though, if we're rejecting shirts for making different jokes with the same inspiration (in this case, Canada's anthem), then why is a joke based on the periodic table (when other jokes have been made using the same inspiration are all over the web, including several shirts) still in the fog?

I had the same question. Rejections have been VERY haphazard this derby.

Reject 1 America's hat, reject 4 designs with gradients, leave the America's Hat with gradients.
Reject Blame Canada, leave Canadaistan. (Both are anti-Canada.)
Reject the Anti-Hilary design, leave the Anti-War design (Canada has cooler heads).
Reject "Puck Off", leave "What the Canuck? ".
Reject the curling design because there was a curling design that was never printed, leave a periodic table when there is a periodic table in print.
And there's more........

The only thing that has been consistant has been the rejection of beavers.

Explodinggreenllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Explodinggreenllama
Re: Cold one, eh?

Love it, definitely one of my favorite movies!

"I'm Snug the joiner, and I'm a man."
-Daniel Parvis, Midsummer Nights Dream

daedalusknight

mjc613 wrote:I had the same question. Rejections have been VERY haphazard this derby.

Reject 1 America's hat, reject 4 designs with gradients, leave the America's Hat with gradients.
Reject Blame Canada, leave Canadaistan. (Both are anti-Canada.)
Reject the Anti-Hilary design, leave the Anti-War design (Canada has cooler heads).
Reject "Puck Off", leave "What the Canuck? ".
Reject the curling design because there was a curling design that was never printed, leave a periodic table when there is a periodic table in print.
And there's more........

Perhaps we can get a clarification from on high? I think it would help designers work better if we were more clear about the rulings here.

Maybe there only appear to be gradients from afar, or maybe they haven't gotten around to being rejected yet... or maybe the friendly moderator is wrestling with a tough call before ruling something out?

mjc613 wrote: The only thing that has been consistant has been the rejection of beavers.

Okay, well that one needs no clarification. :-)

mjc613

daedalusknight wrote:Thanks for full disclosure. It is my (admittedly unexpert) opinion that your design is sufficiently different from the previous desgin that there is no reason to disqualify yours. They do share design elements in common, but are clearly very different in form, much as several of the leaf shirts here are different in form.

Other opinions may vary, but I think yours is okay.

I agree with daedalus. They both use the same word. One has a picture of a hose, the other has a nozzle at the end of a letter. If this is a copy, then theoretically woot could disqualify every design that says Canada and has a maple leaf, since they are all share design elements with Something else somewhere else on the web.
JMO - I am not Joel.

CherrieGirl31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CherrieGirl31

Thanks for the cheers.. I dont use face book, the idea didnt come from there.

Sure, I'm sure we can get a great deal on a house!

As you can tell I'm not a Hillary fan!!

You'll see me at the political race!! that wuz teh funneh ;o)

Re: Canada is better!

mjc613

Re: never seen snow

I think you misspelled Palm!

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: never seen snow

I've never seen a Plam Tree either...

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Wild animals of Canada

This can get 300+ votes more, right?? Yeeaaaaah! Thanks everyone for voting!

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
Re: Wake up

Wow! once I figured out what the Canadian maple looks like, I just can't stop.

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007
mjc613 wrote:If I didn't want that cup for my own team (in the US), this would make me cry too.

that wuz teh funneh, this one is great!

~D

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
bluchez wrote:Another celebrity sighting of this shirt. Photographed while the couple were on vacation in the Philippines.

Ha, Hey, who's that hottie on my shoulder yo? (god, wat a kiss ass i am.)

Bluchez, you are art smart.

I like that you have put our shadows on the ground, and where the cast shadow of my head is.

Do you do celebrity fakes? LawLZ.

galleywest

quality posts: 1 Private Messages galleywest
Re: double hockey sticks, eh?

If this doesn't win it's a CRIME.

insanecarbonbasedlif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif
mikectc wrote:I definitely had to look up detritus. Must have been sleeping through my ecology course in college. Anyways very nicely done.

Thanks!

daedalusknight

Re: Derby Entry 11783

Hang on, folks... let's not get into a flamewar here. I came to Adder's defense before and now I'd like to speak to what Brizz is talking about. There's a very specific, confusing set of circumstances.

Both KLSWoot and Cheesesandwich created shirts with the same visual style (sheet music with text), the same kind of gag (alternate lyrics) but with a different joke (not knowing the words vs. Canadian girlfriend). KLS' shirt got rejected because of this.

Similarly, this shirt has the same visual style as other shirts (boxes and text), the same kind of gag (alternate elements) but with a different joke (Canada vs. Food/beverages).

I don't think Brizz should be expressing things quite so negatively, though. I can think of a number of explanations as to why this shirt hasn't been rejected (or rejected YET) so I wonder if there's any way we can actually contact our kind moderator and get a clear, logical response? It seems to many here that either KLS' shirt was unfairly rejected or that the periodic table should be rejected too... either one could be the case. Let's talk things out fairly and without ire and hopefully we can get an official ruling here without anyone's feelings getting hurt.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
daedalusknight wrote:Let's talk things out fairly and without ire and hopefully we can get an official ruling here without anyone's feelings getting hurt.

Is this the Dr. Phil show?

daedalusknight

2thFairy wrote:Is this the Dr. Phil show?

Heheh... nope. Just trying to get a clear answer here rather than have people start yelling and quitting Woot.

irrational

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irrational

I like the design... but terrible shirt. Political shirts like this one always show up and stuff like this is just stupid. If it makes you feel better i accidentally voted for you. I'll leave it because i'm too lazy to change it back.

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: Hoser Airlines: Take off, eh?

This is a resubmit.

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
highgrassfarm wrote:Wow! once I figured out what the Canadian maple looks like, I just can't stop.

that wuz teh funneh! It's like a whole new world, eh?

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar

I like it! You've done a good job with the leaves moving outward.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

daedalusknight

ejseader wrote:This is a resubmit.

It looks much better without the photo, and it's printable too. :-)

I have a cousin in Canada who would love this one.

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib

Oh my god, I want this pig!!

marissajared

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marissajared
mihalis aya wrote:Thank you! I tried to choose something that is definitely Canadian (though in my research I learned they also grow in the colder climes of Europe) without being obviously Canadian in a way that requires an explanation.

First thing I thought when I saw it was Alaska and Denali. Great shirt either way!

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84

This is magnificent. Poetry in motion. Oh.. OH snap. It just lit up my life. Thanks

highgrassfarm

eyeslikesugar wrote:I like it! You've done a good job with the leaves moving outward.

Thanks! I just start playing with ideas and a while new shirt comes to me

highgrassfarm

jamescho84 wrote:This is magnificent. Poetry in motion. Oh.. OH snap. It just lit up my life. Thanks

Thanks a lot! I'm glad people can see that

highgrassfarm

eyeslikesugar wrote:I like it! You've done a good job with the leaves moving outward.

You should see some of the other leaf pictures I have done.

redghia69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redghia69
rres wrote:I would never buy a nature shirt that you would find in the National Park gift shop but this...I would buy. You should design shirts for Park Gift Shops. Their sales would go through the roof.

“Oops, it’s a tourist shirt” was my first thought once this was done. To a place almost no one’s ever been (second thought) and pretty Canada-specific on a week when few Canadians will be voting, since they haven’t had the opportunity to purchase anything yet (third thought). Ah, well – it’s done and you never know.... Part way through it, I wrote down “Northern Lights” as a second idea. sigh.

Thanks for the kind words though!
Thanks also to sailstud, mjc, and the others that left comments. Even when the design isn’t destined for greatness, your comments are encouraging.

mehron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mehron

Rally the troops to get the vote out. We're so close!

CaucasionSensation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaucasionSensation
Re: Canadian Blue Hare (le Lapin bleu)

This is actually quite excellent! Reminds me of the sad little bunny from Matt Groening's illustrations of yore!

jenny78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenny78
Re: Skating Away

It makes me sad that this hasn't gotten more love from people.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
marissajared wrote:First thing I thought when I saw it was Alaska and Denali. Great shirt either way!

Thanks! I'm hoping desperately for a surge in the next two days--I really like my own shirt and want to wear it.