Bryan818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bryan818
2thFairy wrote:Nice!

Thanks

Please check it out

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Shigwarm wrote:I really like the color combo.

Thank you. I love your shirt too. :-)

Sewcrazy411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sewcrazy411
Re: CURRRLING

I LOVE this one....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny!!!!!

Seems some don't get it????????????

longhorn22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longhorn22
Re: FonzEhhhh!

I tend to agree that Cho is a wonderful artist, but I would never wear this shirt. It's clever and funny, yes, but there are dozens of sites on the internet where you can get clever and funny shirts. Woot should be unique every single week with the derby winners. And just to reiterate, I do think a lot of these designs are great work. But not on shirts.

cjkyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cjkyle
Re: Rorschach's Canada

i just might have to get this for my 2 canadian friends.... strange how fiercly loyal canadians are

monkeypye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeypye
Re: lil' canada

I live in St Petersburg, Florida and I swear there are more Ontario license plates this time of year then there are Florida license plates.

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: What'd you say?

I would totally wear this shirt every day. Great job on the stamp effect too!

daedalusknight

highgrassfarm wrote:This is the National flag of Canada. The maple leaf has been used since the early days of Canada to symbolize the land and it’s people. The maple leaf was first proposed to be the emblem of Canada in 1834. The maple leaf was for many years the symbol of the Canadian Armed Forces and was used by Canada in both world wars. The maple leaf wasn’t used on the Canadian flag until 1965. The maple leaf is fun to draw!

Red and white were approved as Canada’s official colors in 1921.

Enjoy!

No way this is going to fly as PG-13. Remember the pot leaf that was used as a Canadian Flag in the Line Art derby?

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Great work! Original, Informative, and Hilarious...

longhorn22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longhorn22
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Love the shirt! Finally a good derby entry that is near the top!

quicksilver88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quicksilver88
Re: Maple Print

nice colors and design with the leaves...for some reason i just don't like the big picture though...too cluttered? i'm not sure. A for effort : )

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan

I love Cho in the derby, please continue submitting stuff.

Though I would also love to see Wednesdays as "Derby contestants - Non-derby art" days, for consistantly talented derby folks like Cho, Tgentry, Jimiyo, mwm8180, fablefire, jadenkale, etc..."

I know we get their art already in the dailies sometimes (noting the pirate that arrived in my mail yesterday), but a set derby-stable day would be awesome.

That would make Wednesdays as much a day to look forward to as any derby winner day!

blazeSpec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazeSpec

this shirt is something I would actually wear. I cant say that about most of these

quicksilver88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quicksilver88
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

way feminine, but i might buy one if it wins anyways...you get my vote regardless. i like the contrast with the black background alot. the pink glow on the preview gives it an overpowering girly aura, something you might want to be careful with your next submission.

lunartan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
daedalusknight wrote:No way this is going to fly as PG-13. Remember the pot leaf that was used as a Canadian Flag in the Line Art derby?

i think that's the point... same artist
another hilarious entry and description, HGF

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Wraparound Flag

Not exactly a wraparound but the best I could do with the size limitations. Inspired by favorite comic as a kid -- Alpha Flight.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

Hmm, maybe this is obvious, but if you follow the lines on one thermometer across to the other, you get the equivalent temperature in the other units. The catch-22 is that the Canadian thermometer doesn't go high enough for short-sleeve weather, but if you don't say anything about that, I won't either.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: Maple Leaves

Don't drink the kool aid little girl!

Check out my blog:Here!

daedalusknight

longhorn22 wrote:Love the shirt! Finally a good derby entry that is near the top!

Thanks so much! I'm so happy that my shirt's in sixth place... that's the highest I've ever charted. I have no idea if it has what it takes to make it to the fog (or, dare I hope it, to printing) but I am really happy to see so many people choosing it. Thanks again!

derekfilley

I hate getting knocked out of the fog by someone I like... now how am I supposed to complain, huh?!?!

;-)

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
quicksilver88 wrote:way feminine, but i might buy one if it wins anyways...you get my vote regardless. i like the contrast with the black background alot. the pink glow on the preview gives it an overpowering girly aura, something you might want to be careful with your next submission.

Thanks. I'll take that into consideration. The ink itself should be more purple than pink when printed, if that helps win any guys over.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
derekfilley wrote:I hate getting knocked out of the fog by someone I like... now how am I supposed to complain, huh?!?!

;-)

It's only because I love you, Derek. ;)

Shigwarm

Re: Spirit Island, Alberta

Wow! This must have taken ages to create. Looks great!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

This is really quite lovely! Well thought out and a great design. Definitely different than the bulk of the entries so far!

daedalusknight

lunartan wrote:i think that's the point... same artist
another hilarious entry and description, HGF

Oh... sorry... did I spoil the joke? It sometimes takes me a while to catch on to deadpan. :-)

derekfilley

Re: Got Tuque Eh?

Weird that this one stalled. Woot voters... I can't figure 'em out.

Shigwarm

Re: Take Off, Eh.

It pretty much my favorite quote from the movie "Strange Brew" eh.

derekfilley

cdncarlie wrote:Nous avons besoin de plusieurs tee-shirts comme ça à mon avis !

J'suis d'accord... allez, au boulot!

derekfilley

mihalis aya wrote:It's only because I love you, Derek. ;)

Well, if I have to be beat, i'm glad it's by you ;-)

sallen1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sallen1234
Re: CURRRLING

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Matey - that be the finest shirt I ever sawrrrrrrrr.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
daedalusknight wrote:Oh... sorry... did I spoil the joke? It sometimes takes me a while to catch on to deadpan. :-)

This is at least the 3rd derby he's entered his "maple leaf" in as a design. It'll probably get rejected again and again until Joel gets sick of him not taking the hint and probate or ban him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox
Re: Joe Boxmoose

Hey, I used to have one these! It was awesome! Man, I remember taking boxmoose to the park like every Saturday; we'd just kick a ball around or graze or whatever. Then when the weather was bad, he'd let us use him as a doorstop. That guy was crazy! One time, we snuck him into a mall and he ate like every power tool he could find. I have so many fond memories of boxmoose. The sad thing is, one night he fell asleep smoking and burned himself down. Aww, I miss boxmoose. I hope this wins!

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
Re: Mmmm, Candian bacon, TASTY!

It's not just bacon, it's Canadian. It's from the tummy, it's yummy and downright tasty. Please let me know what you think and how I could improve. I noticed a slight difference between the shirt template file color and the template Senor Jack posted, but anyway, the shirt is Navy, the graphics are vector, 6 colors. Good luck everyone,
:j

artulo

Re: Be a Mountie

Thanks for all the votes, everyone! Here's a large version of the print, which will be printed as large as wootable:

Go Large!

samwaltzjunk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samwaltzjunk
Re: God Bless NORTH America!

Ummm... considering Mexico is part of North America, it certainly deserves a section. Check out the flag for NAFTA at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAFTA

artulo

Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Really clever and well thought out! GMV for sure.

Jambando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jambando

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
derekfilley wrote:Don't drink the kool aid little girl!

I see what you did!

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404

i didn't know flowers could grow in the yukon, and besides, it's only a territory.

Shigwarm

Re: Rorschach's Canada

Very cool design!
"In this inkblot I can see a whale, and it's blowing water out of it's blowhole."