twallis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twallis
VOLTACO wrote:No, sorry, I guess I was asking Twallis, or anyone who knows, if there is some way to get this on a shirt if this design doesn't win.

I would check CafePress in about 60 days in Soothed By Rainfall's store.

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
Re: Can't Beat Canada

2008 Seal Hunt begins in 6 days... say something

http://www.hsus.org/protect_seals.html

standenvernet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages standenvernet

Bloody genius !

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Northern Night

Very nice, hope you get lots of votes!

alexspivey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexspivey
dasmonkeyboy wrote:2008 Seal Hunt begins in 6 days... say something

im down

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
sailstud25 wrote:... I hope it stays in the fog, but I'm not gonna try to squeeze it into my sig since it's already fogged and sure to continue getting attention. Good luck!

What the hey... maybe my sig will help get votes (not to be self-important tho!)
I'll try to get the image out there just that little bit more, because I do want this one!

Come on voters!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
anarchyvirus wrote:Fantastic! Finally something other than leaves and beavers.

Thanks. I tried to go a different route. Although, it does have a leaf and mentions beavers. Canada, eh?

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo
SLaden wrote:Love it! Now do the same shirt in French!

Great idea! I wish I had thought of that. It might have pushed my vote total higher.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
sailstud25 wrote:What the hey... maybe my sig will help get votes (not to be self-important tho!)
I'll try to get the image out there just that little bit more, because I do want this one!

Come on voters!

Thanks so much for putting me in your sig! I'm really hoping this will make it through to printing.

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia
Re: Maple Leaves

vote, people, vote! I want this shirt!
/wish it were in the fog.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
SailorButterfly wrote:Very nice. I like how the leaves looked stamped on.

Yeah, the stamped effect is what makes it, IMHO... otherwise would be kind of iffy, so great design work in that regard. Also helps it kind of look like a raked leaf pile; so makes me think of autumn.
...while I can't wait for spring!
Tomorrow's the equinox, and we may get snow again Friday! (near Milwaukee, WI)
arrgg :-/

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

Seattlejo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattlejo
mpturkey wrote:I agree with you Jaden. In looking through these designs there are only a few that I would wear. This would have been one of them. If woot is going to apply the rule that you used another shirt to get an idea then they need to reject the Periodic table. Dmitri Mendeleev designed / developed that years ago so I would consider that a knock off as well.

Agreed, I've also seen many many shirts with polar bears and maple leaves, so how can the shirts in the fog not be rejected?

I loved this shirt.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
limepez wrote:Kind of reminds me of the new Stephen Malkmus album.

I hope this doesn't disappoint you, but unlike mr. malkmus, I don't design with my back to my audience.

Still, cool that he's got something new out. Pavement aren't a band I got too deeply in, but they have a lot of stuff I do like.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Oh, daedalus, I didn't mean to kick you out!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Get Busy

Vote for the only Beaver to survive the Rejectionator!!! Support a Canadian National symbol!!!!

GET BUSY!!!!!!

Trivia - The Nova Scotia Association of Architects celebrates the last Friday of February as National Beaver Day.

HotIceCream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HotIceCream

wow. such a great shirt. I hope people don't penalize you for being late. this deserves a fog run.

mihalis aya

Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Did you know that this shirt is proven to boost your IQ by 10 points when voted for and subsequently purchased?*

Disclaimer: Does not boost IQ.

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
mjc613 wrote:Can you supply either a detailed picture of the plane, or say what colors you used?
The belly of the plane appears to have gradients on my screen, and I'm hoping that's because the colors are close together.

I'll have to give you a definitive answer on the exact colors later, but I can assure you there are no gradients. All the colors are separated.

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

mjc613

Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

The Maple Leaf (Acer rubrum)

There are ten maple species in Canada, but it is the sugar maple that is most commonly thought of as our national tree. A stylized version of its 5-lobed leaf - one of the country’s most recognizable icons - adorns the Canadian flag. Its leaves are 7 to 13 cm in diameter, and like all maples turn a colourful red-gold in the fall. The bark of the young sugar maple is smooth, gray-brown but turns scaly and furrowed with maturity.
The sugar maple is known the world over as the source of the sweet sap used in the production of maple syrup – a unique Canadian delicacy. Each spring this sap is collected from the trees and boiled to produce maple syrup, some of which is further evaporated to create maple sugar. [34 liters of sap = 1 liter of syrup or 3.6 kg of sugar]

The Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) is another unofficial symbol of Canada

mjc613

Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Fireweed

(Epilobium angustifolium

The Yukon chose the fireweed as its floral emblem in 1957. The fireweed is a tall plant with many small, dark pink flowers. It grows in places like clearings or next to roads and rivers. It is called “fireweed” because it is one of the first plants to grow after a fire.

daedalusknight

mihalis aya wrote:Oh, daedalus, I didn't mean to kick you out!

If last night was any indication, I'll be back in again soon. And out again. And in again...

daedalusknight

mjc613 wrote:The Maple Leaf (Acer rubrum)

There are ten maple species in Canada, but it is the sugar maple that is most commonly thought of as our national tree. A stylized version of its 5-lobed leaf - one of the country’s most recognizable icons - adorns the Canadian flag. Its leaves are 7 to 13 cm in diameter, and like all maples turn a colourful red-gold in the fall. The bark of the young sugar maple is smooth, gray-brown but turns scaly and furrowed with maturity.
The sugar maple is known the world over as the source of the sweet sap used in the production of maple syrup – a unique Canadian delicacy. Each spring this sap is collected from the trees and boiled to produce maple syrup, some of which is further evaporated to create maple sugar. [34 liters of sap = 1 liter of syrup or 3.6 kg of sugar]

The Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) is another unofficial symbol of Canada

Thanks for the information.

Why am I hungry for maple syrup all of a sudden? :-)

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
daedalusknight wrote:If last night was any indication, I'll be back in again soon. And out again. And in again...

*gasp*

*giggle*

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
daedalusknight wrote:If last night was any indication, I'll be back in again soon. And out again. And in again...

Sounds like a good date!

mjc613

Re: Northern Lights (Take II)

Can't stand to wait to see how this shirt does? You can adopt a polar bear RIGHT NOW at the World Wildlife Federation - Canada website, and get a toy bear to bout, I mean boot. You can help real polar bears survive global warming, pollution and out of season hunting with your contibution.
http://www.wwf.ca/en/PolarBearCentral/AdoptAPolarBear/default.asp
And then vote for this shirt to promote the bear's natural habitat.

daedalusknight

Well, for those of you who like to withhold your votes until as late as you can, this is your time to shine. There's been a heated contest all through the week, but now it comes down to the last 24 hours before voting closes.

Look carefully at those in contention and make your choice. Decide which shirt you want to see make it to print and throw your support behind it... there are a ton of interesting shirts out there but only three can make it to the printing stage (unless we get lucky and have a tie). It's time to pick your pony and let your voice be heard. This is the time, this is the place... don't wait any longer or you might get stuck with shirts you don't care for.

And that would, you know, really stink.

Thanks to all my supporters and to my worthy competitors who have been setting the bar high for me, and who have been fascinating, strong, and (for the most part) kind. I can't say who will come out on top, but I'm happy to have run the race. I won't be around most of today to push my design, so I hope I've got enough momentum going to soar into third place in time for printing. Thanks to all of you, and to Woot as well.

DaedalusKnight

jessil7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessil7
mjc613 wrote:Woot ran a similar shirt in the Winter derby. Yours is different, but I wanted you to be warned.
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=7590

thanks for the warning; i just started with the shirt/derby thing and didn't realize that there had been a similar shirt. I hope mine is different enough.

mjc613

Re: Can't Beat Canada

This is probably considered off-topic.
If this was entered earlier, Joel would probably rejected this. Since this is late in the derby, you are probably safe.

bryozoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bryozoan
mjc613 wrote:This is FANTABULOUS!!!! I wish this could have been entered earlier, since I doubt this will make the top 20 in the time allowed. This is wearable and beautiful and deserves to be seen.

Agreed. This is really nice.

Artfires

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artfires

Please, please vote for this one!

And Please Please please submit these designs earlier so they have a chance!!!

mihalis aya

mjc613 wrote:Fireweed

(Epilobium angustifolium

The Yukon chose the fireweed as its floral emblem in 1957. The fireweed is a tall plant with many small, dark pink flowers. It grows in places like clearings or next to roads and rivers. It is called “fireweed” because it is one of the first plants to grow after a fire.

Very interesting. Thank you (and thanks for the sig promo!)

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: It's All About the Bacon

My dad sent me this link to a Firefox tshirt design contest. The entry period has already ended, but I thought some of you might like to see the designs that they liked.

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

#24 should have been Tf (Two-four) mmmm beer

VOLTACO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VOLTACO
twallis wrote:I would check CafePress in about 60 days in Soothed By Rainfall's store.

how would I go about finding his/her store on cafepress?

nycanuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycanuck
dasmonkeyboy wrote:2008 Seal Hunt begins in 6 days... say something

Put me down for one pair of boots.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjc613 wrote:Vote for the only Beaver to survive the Rejectionator!!! Support a Canadian National symbol!!!!

GET BUSY!!!!!!

Trivia - The Nova Scotia Association of Architects celebrates the last Friday of February as National Beaver Day.

Only? Really?

^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Royal Anthem

Hey DeeJ- Cute entry. (Just received an email from your sister that's how I knew this one was yours!) Congratulations on your first derby entry. Good luck! I hope you will continue to submit to the derby! PM me if you have any questions!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Sasquatch gets his hair did - in Nothern BC

Wonderful shirt. Congratulations on being the lead shirt in the Best Loser Awards this week.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

cdncarlie wrote:Je l'adore!!! j'espère sincèrement que vous gagnerez! (I love it, I sincerely hope you win) ;-)

Je n'ai pas vu cela. Merci beaucoup! (And pardon if I messed up my French...it's been a while.)

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

twallis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twallis
VOLTACO wrote:how would I go about finding his/her store on cafepress?

http://www.cafepress.com/soothedbyrain/2850124