Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
Re: Northern Night

hella beautiful.

Worse it's so late. I am unvoting everything and voting for this.

It needs to be a shirt so badly.

If it doesn't make the woot derby, maybe an editors choice?

LOOOOOOOVE this shirt!!!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Do the Canadian Math! Barrister Baguette = Beer!

Wow... I thought cartoons would be a hit. Guess all voters want are leaves and flowers. Must change focus for next derby...

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: O CANADA!

This is a nice picture. I really enjoyed looking at your website too!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
SkekTek wrote:Wow... I thought cartoons would be a hit. Guess all voters want are leaves and flowers. Must change focus for next derby...

NOOOOOO!!! Don't do that! We crave variety... well, at least those of us with taste!

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
daedalusknight wrote:Well, for those of you who like to withhold your votes until as late as you can, this is your time to shine. There's been a heated contest all through the week, but now it comes down to the last 24 hours before voting closes.

Look carefully at those in contention and make your choice. Decide which shirt you want to see make it to print and throw your support behind it... there are a ton of interesting shirts out there but only three can make it to the printing stage (unless we get lucky and have a tie). It's time to pick your pony and let your voice be heard. This is the time, this is the place... don't wait any longer or you might get stuck with shirts you don't care for.

And that would, you know, really stink.

Thanks to all my supporters and to my worthy competitors who have been setting the bar high for me, and who have been fascinating, strong, and (for the most part) kind. I can't say who will come out on top, but I'm happy to have run the race. I won't be around most of today to push my design, so I hope I've got enough momentum going to soar into third place in time for printing. Thanks to all of you, and to Woot as well.

DaedalusKnight

I am SO going to get mah fave shirt. *doin' the gettin' mah fave shirt dance*

:-)

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Northern Lights (Take II)

Thanks for the polar bear info mjc613. I will check into it. I love the composition and colors of this design and will have to buy it should it place even though I have way too many shirts. This is one that will go great with jeans and I love its quiet charm. So happy it's been in the fog ;-). Congrats opendesign!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Multinational Canada

May I ask how Canada equates with Chinese/Japanese? I'm pretty sure the national languages are French and English.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
dasmonkeyboy wrote:2008 Seal Hunt begins in 6 days... say something

http://www.hsus.org/protect_seals.html

thanks for the web site

narkus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages narkus
nycanuck wrote:Put me down for one pair of boots.

ew and ugh

asyrith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asyrith
Re: Canadian Leaf inside a Canadian Leaf made of leafs

I totally would wear it. I love the colors and the leafiness of it all. GMV

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
superspryte wrote:May I ask how Canada equates with Chinese/Japanese? I'm pretty sure the national languages are French and English.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=011b7438-172c-4126-ba42-2c85828bd6ce&k=44011

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/story.html?id=011b7438-172c-4126-ba42-2c85828bd6ce&k=44011

Thank you. I didn't know that.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

asyrith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages asyrith
Re: O CANADA!

I am agreeing with everybody else here. This shirt is the best in the derby. I would love to have one. This is the third week in a row that I don't like anything in the fog. Best of luck to you in future derbies! I want to own this shirt! /cry

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: Sasquatch gets his hair did - in Nothern BC

Thanks all for the votes- 36 isn't bad for my first entry. I will try harder on the next one.

Also thanks for giving me the idea to gussy up my tshirt comp. I will work on that and try to get better at it.

rres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rres
Re: Sasquatch gets his hair did - in Nothern BC

Hey

I just saw that Best Loser award - WOOHOO!

I never felt so happy to be called a Loser Teehee. Thanks so much. I feel like doing the Sasquatch dance now.

crazyharry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crazyharry
haxrox wrote:Good observation- I can dig it. I was suggesting that Canadians don't need to concern themselves with temperatures above 10C; I wasn't really considering indoor temperatures. How warm do igloos get? (winking emoticon) It's weird how relative short-sleeve weather changes w/ geography. I went to school near Pittsburgh and have worn Tees in freezing weather, but now that I'm in the South, sub-60F calls for a fleece.

Heck, there's a guy here who wears a t-shirt regardless of the weather.

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

haxrox wrote:Good observation- I can dig it. I was suggesting that Canadians don't need to concern themselves with temperatures above 10C; I wasn't really considering indoor temperatures. How warm do igloos get? (winking emoticon) It's weird how relative short-sleeve weather changes w/ geography. I went to school near Pittsburgh and have worn Tees in freezing weather, but now that I'm in the South, sub-60F calls for a fleece.

My friend from Montreal says they're still swimming in the lake at -40, hehe. Then again, in the same joke she said that finally when the world gets to 0 Kelvin the people of Montreal will decide it's getting cool enough to put on a jacket. ^_~

m2n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m2n
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

GREAT SHIRT, I HOPE IT WINS, CAUSE I'LL BUY ONE
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrIanPir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrIanPir
jimiyo wrote:I was gonna do some Canadian animal dressed in a star trek suit with the caption

"Oh, KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANnnnada."

but I figured it was a waste of time.

You should've done that. At least Shatner is Canadian. Henry Winkler is from NYC. That really ruins the moose "Eh" shirt for me. Well, that and the Fonz is so tired. "KHAAAAANada" would have been much better as a shirt.

This periodic table, though, is very clever. Coming up with an idea for each element took some thought.

MFdobbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MFdobbs
jessil7 wrote:thanks for the warning; i just started with the shirt/derby thing and didn't realize that there had been a similar shirt. I hope mine is different enough.

Don't think it's different enough, guy.

EyeTeeGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EyeTeeGuy
alftuba wrote:No kidding, this shirt gets cooler every time I look at it. Everyone vote for it PEASE!

why is this shirt not in the fog?

I don't get the demographic of wooters here. So random.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

Why the hell did you put that red thing at the bottom? I would vote for it except for your narcissistic need to have your name on it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Come on, come on, come on! Last ditch rush for third...!

sid3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sid3000
Re: Canadian Plaid

Id like this a lot more if it had a Superman effect to it. Like there were rips around the edges that has an appearance of a maple leaf, and the layer underneath is plaid. That would be so cool

linylou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linylou
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Glad to see this back in the fog! I would actually wear this one.

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
2thFairy wrote:NOOOOOO!!! Don't do that! We crave variety... well, at least those of us with taste!

Yeah, your cartoons are well done... don't lose heart in them.
I'm afraid I didn't quite get the equation though. Better luck next time!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Wow... I come back from a long, hard day of workin' for "da man" and it seems I'm stuck in fifth again... but, holy frijoles! Over 450 votes and this shirt still isn't going to get made? I feel like I'm letting a whole lot of folks down here. Wouldn't it be worth it to the Wootmaster in charge to print something with such a huge amount of support? He could sell 500 shirts easily, I'm sure.

Well, life is life, I suppose, but I still haven't given up hope. All you night owls and early morning risers, all you last minute and last second voters, stand up and show your support for the sunset shirt! We've still got time left and there's no sense throwing in the towel when the finish line is right in view and within the reach of a quick sprint for the top.

To all you kind folks who have been supporting my shirt, thanks so much and here's hoping you get what you want out of this derby. Excelsior!

ttdesigns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ttdesigns
kylemittskus wrote:Why the hell did you put that red thing at the bottom? I would vote for it except for your narcissistic need to have your name on it.

I agrea the logo runes the shirt

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
jessil7 wrote:thanks for the warning; i just started with the shirt/derby thing and didn't realize that there had been a similar shirt. I hope mine is different enough.

yeah, it's tough to know... I've been watching for a couple months now, but still learn about new things already done & unofficial rules all the time. It baffles me sometimes and I'm not even designing yet!

your design is beautiful though! look forward to seeing more.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
ttdesigns wrote:I agrea the logo runes the shirt

I guess the discussion last time this person entered the Derby did not sink in. People told him/her that the signature chop takes away from designs. And last time it was not quite as apparent, but this time it sticks out like a sore thumb and totally ruins the design. For that very reason, I would NOT consider voting for this design.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

if you wanted your chop on the shirt, (again for whatever reason) you should have incorperated it better and for gods sake the color should blend genius.

Hazelnuts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hazelnuts

this shirt doesnt mean anything. i was just trying to think of different shirt ideas and i thought it would be funny to portray canada as a communist country. then i started thinking russia really isnt far from canada...

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
sid3000 wrote:Id like this a lot more if it had a Superman effect to it. Like there were rips around the edges that has an appearance of a maple leaf, and the layer underneath is plaid. That would be so cool

now that's clever...

Aberrantic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aberrantic
HotIceCream wrote:I like this shirt so much. too bad its color scheme and "look" is so close to another shirt i already own... Cool Breeze. I'm sure you've heard of the shirt... longest selling shirt, i think.

Nope, longest selling is Zombie Season

I loved la calavera, and this is of the same ilk. Just great. Keep it up!

dasmonkeyboy

narkus wrote:thanks for the web site

A couple of mouse clicks is all it takes...
At least you get to voice your opinion about the hunt...

dasmonkeyboy

narkus wrote:ew and ugh

Just wait the till the Shirt.Woot "Veal Derby"...

CpprCr8

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CpprCr8
Re: Beaver Mountie

Go Go, Spryte! I'm trying to rally the wine.wooters to your cause!

-cj

cjsiege & CpprCr8: A girl & a car, living the w.w dream!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Hazelnuts wrote:this shirt doesnt mean anything. i was just trying to think of different shirt ideas and i thought it would be funny to portray canada as a communist country. then i started thinking russia really isnt far from canada...

The countries that end in "istan" are not Communist. Some countries were part of the former Soviet Union now have names with "istan" at the end, but that is to show that they are now free to express themselves and their religion, not because of their politics.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
snarkygal wrote:I guess the discussion last time this person entered the Derby did not sink in. People told him/her that the signature chop takes away from designs. And last time it was not quite as apparent, but this time it sticks out like a sore thumb and totally ruins the design. For that very reason, I would NOT consider voting for this design.

You're right; it was really cool until I saw the sig. =(

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
superspryte wrote:Only? Really?

^_~

Spryte, I am grovelling and begging for forgiveness. Although I do not know how, I overlooked your Dorchester MountieBeaver when I wrote that KidG's was the only beaver entry to suvive the rejectionator. It has survived beautifully, and needs more votes. I hope you reach 300 tonight!