daedalusknight


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset




Hey, folks. I've just been playing around with Jack31081's super cool shirt templates... take a look:




Gives you a slightly better idea of what the actual shirts might look like. :-)

Wow... less than half a day left worth of voting and I'm back in the fog AND in the hotness... closing in fast on third place... I'd appreciate any votes headed my way, as things are getting down to the wire here!


mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Ontrillio


White Trillium (Trilliium grandiflorum)

Ontario chose the trillium as its provincial flower in 1937. This white flower grows in the forest in the springtime. It is called the trillium because it has three petals and three leaves. The “tri-“ part of trillium means three.

For info about other Official Flowers of Canada , check out http://members.shaw.ca/kcic1/

zuniteton


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuniteton
dmkooosbc wrote:I think your choice of colors and placement is perfect!



Hey thanks everyone!

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Jemmacakes wrote:Wow, they don't call you snarkygal for nothing, ;)

Seriously, though, I don't think the chop is a bad thing.

It doesn't bother me at all. Heck, we have so much ugliness on woot that it can get repetitive. The artist puts a sig on their design. Big deal.

The last few days have been horrible. I mean just fugalicious. That two legged sheep, the easter bear, tonights heads, the foo foo/ren & stimp rip off. I mean the list is endless. Random shirt offs are like waiting for a cancerous polyp to come in the mail. Joy.

Oh wait, was that snarky? I guess it was.

call me snarkycakes.



Jemma, I was just thinking that it was hard to love any of the recent dailies, and that we should ask people to vote carefully!

We did have some beautiful art this derby, but some of it is being ignored by the voters. It is amazing to me that with all the available talent, woot has selected some strange choices.


rogueangel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogueangel
Re: Northern Night



Greetings fellow Wooters,

Many thanks for all of your support, I would like to extend my deepest apologies for not submitting this design sooner, unfortunately it took me longer to complete than I anticipated. Thanks again everyone, I hope we can still give this derby a good run! Sincerely, rogueangel.


As for kylemittskus, ttdesigns, snarkygal, peppersagooddog, eyeslikesugar and brizz:

Thank you for your input, the issue of my signature was discussed in depth during a previous derby entry, if you have any questions regarding it's use you may send me a PM and I will happily issue you a transcript of the discussion. I’m sure that you would agree that a repetitive theme, so thoroughly dealt with previously, provides no fuel for intellectual growth, nor is criticism without an alternate solution in any way constructive.

I look forward to conversing with any person, who wishes to address the use of indigenous themes, line, choice of colors, subject, or any other compositions found in my designs. Sincerely, rogueangel.

”One against the collective.” -Rogue Angel

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Moose In Snow



My only reservations about this is the design being too close to the bottom of the shirt (for tucker in-ers) and the cream background (some people are vehemently anti-creme!).

MOOSE TRIVIA
The male is called a bull, the female is a cow and the young are calves.
Moose make a strange whistle-like call and grunting noises.
The moose can be seen eating during the day and night, but they are usually out at dawn and dusk.
Moose often live alone.
They try to avoid humans.
A moose will go crashing through the trees when frightened.
An angry moose can be very dangerous.
In September and October the bulls use their antlers to fight each other to win females. Then in late fall the bulls' antlers fall off and new ones grow.

rogueangel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogueangel
mjc613 wrote:Jemma, I was just thinking that it was hard to love any of the recent dailies, and that we should ask people to vote carefully!

We did have some beautiful art this derby, but some of it is being ignored by the voters. It is amazing to me that with all the available talent, woot has selected some strange choices.



Too true Jemma and mjc613,

I've found myself quite baffled by woot's recent choices as well. Maybe we could appeal to woot to set up an "editor's choice" arena? Perhaps making modifications for these choices, like smaller runs than the derby winners, etc. It would be great to see a few of those great entries resurrected.

”One against the collective.” -Rogue Angel

lunartan


quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunartan
Re: maple leaf



This design really reminds me of dipping dried leaves in paint and impressing them on construction paper.

Nice job, Enin. Hope your maple leaf holds out, very wearable imo. I really liked your la calavera design; but think your perspective, effect and depth works well with this subject matter, too.

penlight


quality posts: 2 Private Messages penlight

This is beautiful work. I totally want this shirt.

presenttnz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages presenttnz
Re: Border Friendly



This one got my vote. It wins the in the aesthetics department. I liked it so much I looked up the spelling of "aesthetic".

kenney9226


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
micromarcie wrote:is he flippin' the bird?



Oh, you're right, it sort of looks like he's giving you the "you're number one" sign. The intent there was for it to look like he's doing the "my team's number one" sign to show his confidence in his attempt to go over the falls in a barrel.

I think in order to look like the bird was really being flipped, the thumb would have to be on the other side.

Yes, it's totally the "we're number one" sign. Definitely no bird flipping here.

THanks for all the kind words this week, folks! I'll try to do better next time for you!

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
kenney9226 wrote:Oh, you're right, it sort of looks like he's giving you the "you're number one" sign. The intent there was for it to look like he's doing the "my team's number one" sign to show his confidence in his attempt to go over the falls in a barrel.

I think in order to look like the bird was really being flipped, the thumb would have to be on the other side.

Yes, it's totally the "we're number one" sign. Definitely no bird flipping here.

THanks for all the kind words this week, folks! I'll try to do better next time for you!



Love the strip!

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Re: Beaver Mountie


Good luck with this design. You do some great shirts. My daughter goes to UMaine, and will really get a kick out of this shirt.

When this goes up on shirt.woot, make sure that you alert the Cyber Pub. Don't always make it over here after the pub. You know how that goes.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

daedalusknight


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
lunartan wrote:Nice job, Enin. Hope your maple leaf holds out, very wearable imo. I really liked your la calavera design; but think your perspective, effect and depth works well with this subject matter, too.




No worries there. This shirt is by far the vote leader... way in first place.

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
mjc613 wrote:Spryte, I am grovelling and begging for forgiveness. Although I do not know how, I overlooked your Dorchester MountieBeaver when I wrote that KidG's was the only beaver entry to suvive the rejectionator. It has survived beautifully, and needs more votes. I hope you reach 300 tonight!



This is the last morning of the Canadian derby. I need 9 stalwart souls to vote for the Beaver Mountie, so it can reach 300 votes by noon. I am asking those of you who voted for Get Busy, since I know that there are over 450 of you who appreciate this Canadian symbol.
If you need the link, it is here: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11484

KENPARS0NS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: How Canadians Spell Canada



That's so funny... we both had the same idea for this derby... (FYI: not implying this is a rip off... I genuinely think this is a funny coincidence)... I just guess great minds think alike...

I, however, didn't submit my version to woot since I thought it made for a good bonus shirt... It's available for sale on my website... You should check it out!

Anywho, great idea... Got My Vote!

fyrefall


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyrefall
Re: Cold one, eh?



Thanks again to everyone who voted!!

"Ten bucks is ten bucks." -Geddy Lee (from the Bob&Doug song 'Take Off!)

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
mjc613 wrote:This is the last morning of the Canadian derby. I need 9 stalwart souls to vote for the Beaver Mountie, so it can reach 300 votes by noon. I am asking those of you who voted for Get Busy, since I know that there are over 450 of you who appreciate this Canadian symbol.
If you need the link, it is here: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11484



Thank you to the 1st 3 stalwart souls. I now only need 6!
Remember, that is only to reach 300. If 400 of you want to vote, go right ahead!!!

daedalusknight


quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset



Great Scott! Nearly five hundred votes now and I'm still in danger of not getting printed? With so many people showing their love for this shirt, I'm in awe. Less than four hours left, folks... can you help me make this little dream a reality? Thanks so much to all you wonderful people who have supported me so far... I really want to get to third place in time to make you all happy. If you haven't voted yet, now's the time! :-)

ejseader


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
bct74 wrote:You should lose the question mark - make it a declarative statement:
"Take off, eh."



Isn't "eh" a question though? I thought it's the Canadian equivalent of "huh"? To me, "Take off, huh." wouldn't make as much sense as "Take off, huh?"

Kind of silly to get into a grammatical issue over a t-shirt regardless. that wuz teh funneh

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

Hazelnuts


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hazelnuts
sid3000 wrote:I would just buy this shirt for the sake of ambiguity. I would enjoy the questions and comments I would get from wearing it on a regular basis.



it would be pretty fun to wear

trippregan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages trippregan
Re: FonzEhhh



While it's pretty big, I can really dig it! I really appreciate something original in a Derby like this one that seems to be awash with different spins on the same two-three ideas...

GMV!

______________________________________________

Master the Cap•A•Cooz and you've mastered life

rdcollns


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdcollns

This doesn't look that complicated. I'm wondering if the people who reject entries bother to look at the large scale print image to determine if they are correct or not. Since this is a black and white image, a little spill between one gradient and another probably wouldn't affect the image anyway.

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
rdcollns wrote:This doesn't look that complicated. I'm wondering if the people who reject entries bother to look at the large scale print image to determine if they are correct or not. Since this is a black and white image, a little spill between one gradient and another probably wouldn't affect the image anyway.


They try to, but sometimes run out of time. If you see something that does not fit the guidelines, you can use the tattle button, but I first try to ask for clarification on the shirt's thread.

I can't tell which shirt you are referring to, so I can't tell if it is truly gradients, or if they used dots from two colors next to each other. In the future, please don't delete the reply part of your note - it contains the thumbnail image of the entry you are referring to.

KENPARS0NS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Duel Citizenship (3 colors)



Great work... and perfect shirt color choice for this design... it feels muted like an old map... I love it!

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Canadian Periodic Table


Something on another thread caught my interest, so I went exploring.

An entry was made during the leap frog derby with a similar theme.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A PERIODIC TABLE, JUST ONE ELEMENT.

Februarium


Since there are some similar design elements, and because this was a previous derby entry on woot, I thought it should be brought up.

KENPARS0NS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Rating Canada



HAHAHAHA! This made me laugh out loud... Great Idea! Great Job!

KENPARS0NS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: KAMOUNTIEDOSCOPE



CHEESE IS BACK! YAY!

mihalis aya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
marissajared wrote:I meant to say the colors are so accurate and perfect it's impressive. Seriously, I get homesick every time I see this design. Man I hope it makes it, I'd buy 3 for sure!



I hope it makes it, too! Right now it looks like I'd be fighting for fourth, but if you have 200 friends who can vote...

KENPARS0NS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: The Wild Blue Yonder



All I can think when I see this is Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries"...

Awesome!

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Beaver Mountie


I need 3 more stalwart souls to vote for this Mountie!!! We want 300 votes before the polls close.

quijibo666


quality posts: 0 Private Messages quijibo666
mjc613 wrote:Something on another thread caught my interest, so I went exploring.

An entry was made during the leap frog derby with a similar theme.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A PERIODIC TABLE, JUST ONE ELEMENT.

Februarium


Since there are some similar design elements, and because this was a previous derby entry on woot, I thought it should be brought up.



Not that is matters because the Leap Year entry has absolutely nothing to do with the entry here, but I think you're thinly veiled attempt at sabotage would be better done had you not put the surrounding fog entries in your sig. Thought it should be brought up.

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
quijibo666 wrote:Not that is matters because the Leap Year entry has absolutely nothing to do with the entry here, but I think you're thinly veiled attempt at sabotage would be better done had you not put the surrounding fog entries in your sig. Thought it should be brought up.


My signature has been the same for the last 24 hours.

This was new info to me, and I thought others deserved to know it.
I am not trying to thinly veil ANYTHING. I am stating facts as facts and opinions as opinions.

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
mjc613 wrote:I had the same question. Rejections have been VERY haphazard this derby.

Reject 1 America's hat, reject 4 designs with gradients, leave the America's Hat with gradients.
Reject Blame Canada, leave Canadaistan. (Both are anti-Canada.)
Reject the Anti-Hilary design, leave the Anti-War design (Canada has cooler heads).
Reject "Puck Off", leave "What the Canuck? ".
Reject the curling design because there was a curling design that was never printed, leave a periodic table when there is a periodic table in print.
And there's more........


For those who wonder why
I posted this earlier.

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
mjc613 wrote:I had the same question. Rejections have been VERY haphazard this derby.

Reject 1 America's hat, reject 4 designs with gradients, leave the America's Hat with gradients.
Reject Blame Canada, leave Canadaistan. (Both are anti-Canada.)
Reject the Anti-Hilary design, leave the Anti-War design (Canada has cooler heads).
Reject "Puck Off", leave "What the Canuck? ".
Reject the curling design because there was a curling design that was never printed, leave a periodic table when there is a periodic table in print.
And there's more........


For those who wonder why brought up an entry from a long past derby, this previous post of mine may clear things up.
I am just want woot to be fair to KLS, and and to the curling entry designer.

MicronXD


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MicronXD
derekfilley wrote:That grafeeti shirt was her right foot... this, unfortunately, was her left.

*Shudder*



LMAO

that was good :P

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

polarbear22 wrote:Good luck with this design. You do some great shirts. My daughter goes to UMaine, and will really get a kick out of this shirt.

When this goes up on shirt.woot, make sure that you alert the Cyber Pub. Don't always make it over here after the pub. You know how that goes.


Thanks! It's not going to be printed though. It's in 10th place (which is nothing to shake a stick at) and since they only print the top 3...not so much. I will, however, always post a link to vote in the derby cyberpub in the future. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjc613 wrote:I need 3 more stalwart souls to vote for this Mountie!!! We want 300 votes before the polls close.


You are too sweet. Really. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte


quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjc613 wrote:This is the last morning of the Canadian derby. I need 9 stalwart souls to vote for the Beaver Mountie, so it can reach 300 votes by noon. I am asking those of you who voted for Get Busy, since I know that there are over 450 of you who appreciate this Canadian symbol.
If you need the link, it is here: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=11484


I don't know what I did to deserve this, but it's awesome. Thanks! ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
superspryte wrote:I don't know what I did to deserve this, but it's awesome. Thanks! ^_^


I like round numbers.