superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjc613 wrote:Thank you to the 1st 3 stalwart souls. I now only need 6!
Remember, that is only to reach 300. If 400 of you want to vote, go right ahead!!!

When I was scanning to forum earlier I saw this post but didn't realize it was about my entry. Heh, I fail! I'm also embarrassed and might start being shy for the next hour... ^_^;

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

turtlejack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtlejack

Best shirt ever. I totally want this.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
superspryte wrote:When I was scanning to forum earlier I saw this post but didn't realize it was about my entry. Heh, I fail! I'm also embarrassed and might start being shy for the next hour... ^_^;

I guess you haven't fully scanned page 44 yet (the future banned girl of woot smiles sheepishly).

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
mihalis aya wrote:I hope it makes it, too! Right now it looks like I'd be fighting for fourth, but if you have 200 friends who can vote...

Sadlly, it seems that the two of us are still at least 40 votes shy of getting printed. I sure hope there are a bunch of absolutely last minute voters who will come to rescue one or both of our shirts... or maybe that the Wooter in charge will see how very nice and civil to one another we've been, despite being the closesest competitors this race and he'll decide to print us anyway.

I'm not saying that'll happen, but it would surely net him at least 500 shirt sales from each of us, yes? Gotta have hope. :-)

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

mjc613 wrote:I guess you haven't fully scanned page 44 yet (the future banned girl of woot smiles sheepishly).

For Februarium? No.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
mjc613 wrote:I guess you haven't fully scanned page 44 yet (the future banned girl of woot smiles sheepishly).

You mean for the post I warned you about and that she deleted last night?

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
m2n wrote:GREAT SHIRT, I HOPE IT WINS, CAUSE I'LL BUY ONE
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY?!?!

This shirt may be considered clever in some circles, and neat as a poster such as the one he took his "inspiration" from, but as previously mentioned, this would not make a good shirt by any means!

Maybe we can all vote for all four of the shirts near by to elevate them above this... just a thought, but I admit it probably isn't feasible.

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
daedalusknight wrote:Sadlly, it seems that the two of us are still at least 40 votes shy of getting printed. I sure hope there are a bunch of absolutely last minute voters who will come to rescue one or both of our shirts... or maybe that the Wooter in charge will see how very nice and civil to one another we've been, despite being the closesest competitors this race and he'll decide to print us anyway.

I'm not saying that'll happen, but it would surely net him at least 500 shirt sales from each of us, yes? Gotta have hope. :-)

That would be lovely! I think printing the 4th and 5th place as very limited run (1500 total?) and second-day prices would be quite profitable for woot. On the other hand, it doesn't fit with the one shirt/day thing. Otherwise, we'll just have to hope for a best-of!

daedalusknight

mihalis aya wrote:That would be lovely! I think printing the 4th and 5th place as very limited run (1500 total?) and second-day prices would be quite profitable for woot. On the other hand, it doesn't fit with the one shirt/day thing. Otherwise, we'll just have to hope for a best-of!

I think they could stand to sell one of our shirts each day... it's only two extra days out of the week. :-)

daedalusknight

Hey, folks. How about ten extra votes for my shirt real quick so I can finish off at a nice round 500? It won't get me into printing status, but it'll feel all warm and fuzzy. :-)

daedalusknight

daedalusknight wrote:Hey, folks. How about ten extra votes for my shirt real quick so I can finish off at a nice round 500? It won't get me into printing status, but it'll feel all warm and fuzzy. :-)

{reference} You'd do it for Randolph Scott. {/reference}

superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Beaver Mountie

Yay 301 votes! Thanks everyone! ^______^;

EDIT: 302 ^_^;

linylou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linylou
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

I'm sad to see that this isn't in the fog! I think it's the only one I would have actually bought from this derby.

KENPARS0NS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KENPARS0NS
Re: Do the Canadian Math! Barrister Baguette = Beer!

This is hilarious! I can't believe this is the first time I'm seeing this one and it's too late to vote... bummer...

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
daedalusknight wrote:Great Scott! Nearly five hundred votes now and I'm still in danger of not getting printed? With so many people showing their love for this shirt, I'm in awe. Less than four hours left, folks... can you help me make this little dream a reality? Thanks so much to all you wonderful people who have supported me so far... I really want to get to third place in time to make you all happy. If you haven't voted yet, now's the time! :-)

arg, I can't believe it looks like the periodic table is going to be printed (according to shirtderbystats.com)! Unbelievable.

You were making a surge, and I only hope that site is wrong and I can buy one of these!

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

enin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enin

thank you all for your kind words and votes!

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

That is an awesome shirt! Being a Canadian who works in the US (and is over here daily) I would love this shirt, hopefully it will be for sale soon

This would be a kick around the office too, even tho were biz casual (dress down on Fridays but no t shirts.. I kn haz sadness?, but this would be acceptable) :D

daedalusknight

sailstud25 wrote:arg, I can't believe it looks like the periodic table is going to be printed (according to shirtderbystats.com)! Unbelievable.

You were making a surge, and I only hope that site is wrong and I can buy one of these!

It doesn't look that way. I just barely pulled ahead of fireweed in the last fifteen minutes. Thanks for your support, though.

darkbard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkbard

Sir, you win 3 internets for this design!

I totally want this shirt!

As for the comment on how it would look on a woman with larger "assets" I'm here to tell you that it doesn't matter. It doesn't look odd at all. And people stare at my D's anyway so I might as well give them a good reason to do it. ;)

mjpupillo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjpupillo

Thanks for the note. I like your execution better. My inspiration was a bad joke that used the same idea.

"How does a Canadian spell Canada?"

Answer in really bad, overdone Canadian accent: "C. Eh. N. Eh. D. Eh."

Good luck with the sales.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sailstud25 wrote:arg, I can't believe it looks like the periodic table is going to be printed (according to shirtderbystats.com)! Unbelievable.

It has been before. There have been times when it's ended up that a "Safe first" is third, or fourth, or kicked out just before the derby ends. It's all just estimates, after all. It may be worrisome, knowing how briefly the predicted fourth was fogged, but it has happened before.

I wouldn't, however, make a habit of complaining about the vaguely clever but unwearable succeeding. You're not at a site that can handle critique, nor handle shirts which require more than a moment of thought to grasp. You'll be tarred and feathered ready-quick if you continue to voice contrary opinions.

Aquatopia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aquatopia

I support this message.

mjc613

MHBoston wrote:You mean for the post I warned you about and that she deleted last night?

No. She knows which one I mean.

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
linylou wrote:I'm sad to see that this isn't in the fog! I think it's the only one I would have actually bought from this derby.

Me too, but there's always next week! I have two (one finished, one being worked on) so far.

rjkoche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjkoche

Great design! I would buy one, shouldn't of been rejected for bringing up the ridiculous policy behind clubbing seals!

rjkoche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjkoche

I originally liked the idea of the title to clarrify, but then again nor a huge fan of all the writing. So I pondered and thought to myself that if the table was shaped like a maple leaf then it would make everybody understand. Either way great job!

Hookeedoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hookeedoo
Re: maple leaf

This is awesome! I have been sitting here trying to come up with something more better than awesome, but I'm not sure there is anything. What I really like is how it becomes life when you pull back from the detail.

Good Luck! I hope you take first place!

Spurius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spurius

I don't think I like the placement. After thinking about it, It's hard to think of any place on the shirt it would look good. I feel like the bottom right or left would be best though...

shirt.woots
Fire Swallower, Sun Decay, For the Birds, Yokohama
Woots
Polaroid T737 7MP Digital Camera

khrissteen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khrissteen

Um, I hate to break it to you but Canada has been it "officially" independent from Britain since 1982.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Canada#1982.E2.80.931992
Although we've considered ourselves independent since July 1, 1867.
However we do still kiss the Queen's lily white hiney.

Smarty1600

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Smarty1600

I love this shirt. So sad it didn't win. Maybe there will be a theme where you can feature the beaver and the moose. They are freaking adorable.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I'm pulling for you. Good luck!

pilfpolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pilfpolf

Ovulating? My Goodness! I love this shirt

is there anyway to get it even if it doesnt win

mjc613

pilfpolf wrote:Ovulating? My Goodness! I love this shirt

is there anyway to get it even if it doesnt win

Filtered post

rublue30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rublue30
Re: Wearable Temperature Converter

i live in northern Minnesota and i haven't worn long pants in 6 years, and anything over 0 is no coat weather. i love this shirt and hope you win!!

Jemmacakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jemmacakes
rogueangel wrote:Too true Jemma and mjc613,

I've found myself quite baffled by woot's recent choices as well. Maybe we could appeal to woot to set up an "editor's choice" arena? Perhaps making modifications for these choices, like smaller runs than the derby winners, etc. It would be great to see a few of those great entries resurrected.

From your mouth, to woot's ear!
;)

Great shirt btw.

deejmurph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deejmurph

Thanks!
I'm definitely going to continue to submit..it's great practice.

I have your Leonardo shirt and love it!

I will email you if I have questions, which I'm sure that I will. I've started doing a lot of design at work but I"m always given the image to design around. I've been drawing for years, but I haven't done much original design with computers, so it's a bit new to me, but something I'm really trying to develop further.

Thanks again!

klswoot wrote:Hey DeeJ- Cute entry. (Just received an email from your sister that's how I knew this one was yours!) Congratulations on your first derby entry. Good luck! I hope you will continue to submit to the derby! PM me if you have any questions!

clinhpham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clinhpham
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

This shirt needs to win. For those who desperately want this, take back any of ur votes on the current shirt winners in the fog! *hopes*

dinoadventures

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinoadventures

You get my vote!

mehron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mehron

Sigh. I wish this one would have made it.

Figit090

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Figit090
Re: Northern Night

WOAH that's awesome! great job!