;-) great artwork by the way

Check out my blog:Here!

burtonrider404

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burtonrider404
Re: Canadian BoardGame

i thought you couldn't use the same word twice in scrabble

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
highgrassfarm wrote:This is the National flag of Canada. The maple leaf has been used since the early days of Canada to symbolize the land and it’s people. The maple leaf was first proposed to be the emblem of Canada in 1834. The maple leaf was for many years the symbol of the Canadian Armed Forces and was used by Canada in both world wars. The maple leaf wasn’t used on the Canadian flag until 1965. The maple leaf is fun to draw!

Red and white were approved as Canada’s official colors in 1921.

Enjoy!

Great job this week hgf. I think this design works better with fills, and always thought the line art canadian flag lacked the contrast that this one brings to the table. Keep up the good work.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: FonzEhhhh!

Hey jimi or Cho, what shirt color is this design on?

derekfilley

Shigwarm wrote:Very cool design!
"In this inkblot I can see a whale, and it's blowing water out of it's blowhole."

I see a cherubic guy with his head thrown back on the left. his hand to the right is tossing food into the air.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

just a little post in hopes that this makes the longest single shirt thread ever.

oh and next time jimiyo, post it under your name so people can hate you too. its only fair after all.
i have not always voted for cho designs, and frankly the ones i like best are usually the failures (RIP water buffalo) but to not notice that there is and adamant crew of cho haters would be blind. it makes me feel like i should vote for him just for spite. i wont, cause i have morals (somewhere). i just want it to be known though, that the reason i dont enter is not because i fear the cho machine, its because i dont want the abuse. if i wasnt up to par i would get berated and if i was awesome i would be hated. thats just not worth it to me. props to every single one of you that brave the masses for a few bux.

derekfilley

Re: Maple Print

Stylish ;-)

jonomc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonomc
jimiyo wrote:Gettin hot in here..

i was going to give my 2 cents, but this topic has already gone sour. I'll just say nice work jimi and james, as usual.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: Canada Wild

O M G if gamma rays turned Dr. Banner into the Hulk, what will they do to a big ol' BAHR?!?

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

On a "side" note, I love this shirt!
-Andy

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Re: National Flag of Canada

Love it, love it, Love it! And, if it ever got printed; I would buy it =)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

andrewlb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb

A design I would definitely buy!

I'm only human

kwilder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwilder

Strange Brew was a great movie. I am still hoping someone will throw in a "steamroller" reference into a shirt. But this is great!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Munch, Eh?

Clever idea! Would probably be better with the moose a bit bigger...

mmmmm...moose munch is so good! just thinking about it makes me hungry.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
wrongidea wrote:Traveling overseas in the near future? Might get better service and shot at less with this shirt. Show your Canadian pride (even if you're not)!

Don't forget when voting; it's printed on the back!

(wrongidea forgot to put that text on the detailed pic)

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

burtonrider404

Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

also, if i saw someone wearing this i would not think of canada.

RichCreque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RichCreque

Not having bought a single shirt yet, still can't vote, but you should know you'd have my vote if I was able to get it.
I'm not a girl, and would look a bit strange wearing this, but I could definitely imagine a few of my girl friends wearing this happily. And for Woot prices, I'd be glad to get it for them.
Maybe this will be my shirt devirginization, and I can vote for your cool designs in the future, but until then good luck getting printed .

No woots yet..Hoping to get started soon. And started entering derbies.

fillengroovy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fillengroovy
Re: Eh?

Who dose'nt love a little beaver now and then, Eh?

daedalusknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daedalusknight
thatrobert wrote:Not exactly a wraparound but the best I could do with the size limitations. Inspired by favorite comic as a kid -- Alpha Flight.

I was just about to say that... looks like our old friend Guardian (or Vindicator or whatever... :-). I used to love Alpha Flight back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

eralc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eralc

soo sad but true... probably not for anyone that i know since i live 10-15 miles from niagara falls..

and for anyone that has spent any real time in canada its a fantastic country!
I <3 Toronto

mihalis aya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mihalis aya
burtonrider404 wrote:i didn't know flowers could grow in the yukon, and besides, it's only a territory.

It's actually reasonably warm in the Yukon in the summer. Americans have a general misconception about Canada, believing it's always cold. Summer in the southern parts of Canada is no different than summer in the northern parts of the US they sit next to. Summer in the Yukon (the generally habitable bits, at least--not the 'Land of the Midnight Sun' above 66o north) is around 25C/77F.

Of the three territories and ten provinces of Canada, I thought these were the prettiest official flower.

burtonrider404 wrote:also, if i saw someone wearing this i would not think of canada.

That was the idea.

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
daedalusknight wrote:Lovely... but is the ink pink or white? It's a little hard to tell. Maybe it's the monitor I'm on.

The ink is an off white with a hint of redish/orange. So, it's almost pink or cream. But not quite. It appears lighter or darker depending on moniters.

mihalis aya

RichCreque wrote:Not having bought a single shirt yet, still can't vote, but you should know you'd have my vote if I was able to get it.
I'm not a girl, and would look a bit strange wearing this, but I could definitely imagine a few of my girl friends wearing this happily. And for Woot prices, I'd be glad to get it for them.
Maybe this will be my shirt devirginization, and I can vote for your cool designs in the future, but until then good luck getting printed .

Thank you very much! What a lovely sentiment. I think you'd look dashing, by the by.

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
artulo wrote:Thanks for all the votes, everyone! Here's a large version of the print, which will be printed as large as wootable:

Go Large!

Cool... now you're thinking outside the box... well, inside..the.. shirt... whatever...

Nice shirt
GMV

eralc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eralc
cdncarlie wrote:so sad but true..... ='( i still get asked all the time if we live in igloos or if i speak Canadian.....um....come on now, really?! it never ceases to amaze me how iggnorant some people are about a country which shares thousands of kilometres with the states

this is really sad...i <3 canada, esp. Toronto...grew up about 15-20 miles from Niagara falls. i cant imagine people thinking that the southern border was to canada...

mihalis aya

Re: Maple Leaves

Beautiful.

daedalusknight

Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Wow! I made it to the fog! My first time. Thanks so much to everyone who voted... now I hope it can stay there. :-)

Up for trade/sale in men's L:Shell Competition--The Shredder--Color Thee Fresh Here's my list of wants

imthej

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imthej

wow....a wearable shirt in the fog...nice job man

cloudberry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cloudberry
Re: Ontrillio

Lovely! Trilliums are my favourite, I'm hoping to plant some this Spring.

daedalusknight

Shigwarm wrote:The ink is an off white with a hint of redish/orange. So, it's almost pink or cream. But not quite. It appears lighter or darker depending on moniters.

Cool... Well you've got my vote. I've got a cousin in Kingston who would love this. :-)

highgrassfarm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages highgrassfarm
bluchez wrote:Great job this week hgf. I think this design works better with fills, and always thought the line art canadian flag lacked the contrast that this one brings to the table. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! I love the looks of this one better too.

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

Love the design, but cannot do the lower edge placement. *deep sigh*

burtonrider404

Re: Zamboni Police

hHAHAAH PLEASE WIN

burtonrider404

mihalis aya wrote:That was the idea.

okay. good luck!

mihalis aya

lalouque wrote:Love the design, but cannot do the lower edge placement. *deep sigh*

Yes you can. I'm 5'2" and a little chubby. Photo evidence is available in the photos thread (world of woot). If I can wear it, anyone can!

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne
Re: FonzEhhh

Don't let the drama get to you. ^^

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: 4 out of 5 U.S. Americans

5 out every 4 Americans are bad with fractions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

mishiefishie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mishiefishie
Re: I swear, she lives in Canada!

This is awesome! How is everyone not voting for this?!?

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Re: FonzEhhh

Wow, I like this even better than the first one. Keep up the good work jimiyo.

thatrobert

quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
daedalusknight wrote:I was just about to say that... looks like our old friend Guardian (or Vindicator or whatever... :-). I used to love Alpha Flight back in the day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Yeah, as soon as they killed Vindicator the 1st time it went downhill and random from there...