+ Add a Comment

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: Patriotic Pancakes

Meh. Why does GeekFactor always get the 25th place spot? Favoritism!

pimpdoubt

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pimpdoubt

am i able to vote for myself? :P

Re: canadia pills

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Patriotic Pancakes

Pancakes!! It's all pancakes!!!

artulo

Re: Zamboni Police

Great! Love the Mountie driving a zamboni. Clever and great rendering.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:O M G if gamma rays turned Dr. Banner into the Hulk, what will they do to a big ol' BAHR?!?

a science nerd?

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: I Hate This Place

best canada shirt so far.

easeandgrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages easeandgrace
Re: Help Me

Well, I just had to. Don't know if it'll fly, but I wanted to say it.

artulo

Re: hoser.

Adder, I think this is really well done! Simple and clever. GMV already, just thought I'd post some thoughts.

peppersagooddog

Re: Help Me

nothing rejectable on the shirt that i see.
the plight of the seal is easy to see and still kid safe.
unlike the evil peta people that attack my kids, this is well done.

BanderMort

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BanderMort
peppersagooddog wrote:best canada shirt so far.

Thanks, I have a friend that's says he's from Canada. I tried to tap into his personality to create this shirt.

artulo

Re: Maple Leaves

Zenne, this is gorgeous...great detail and movement. The colors go really well together. I'm sure this will stay right up there at the top!

RobertStumbaugh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RobertStumbaugh
Re: Fireweed - Flower of the Yukon

what is shirt.woot.com's demographic like? It seems like you can get votes by putting a cute face on anything. I just want to know who I should be designing tshirts for. cool shirt btw.

easeandgrace

peppersagooddog wrote:nothing rejectable on the shirt that i see.
the plight of the seal is easy to see and still kid safe.
unlike the evil peta people that attack my kids, this is well done.

Thank you! :-)

easeandgrace

Re: The Canada Club Scene

Raising the injustice consciousness of Wooters everywhere. Good to see.

AdderXYU

RobertStumbaugh wrote:what is shirt.woot.com's demographic like? It seems that there are alot of female voters and middle aged people. It seems like you can get votes by putting a cute face on anything. Like the pancakes from this week and those bubbles from last week. Also shirts that are a little girly get votes like the king of carrot flowers from last week or this shirt. I just want to know who I should be designing tshirts for. cool shirt btw.

The honest answer is, no one really knows. The woot base is incredibly fickle and usually wholly perplexing.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa

Had to look up the rules last night, it says you can. Now I'm starting to wonder though

I wanted to find a way to just have EH everywhere, but EH WELL.

kingwoot2008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingwoot2008

This is a really good shirt. Well done. I hope people don't skip over it.

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle
Re: Canadian Periodic Table

Maybe too much of a nitpick for a spoof concept, but you've repeated at least three symbols: Cd, Cr, & Sk.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

Patchitect wrote:You traced a stuffed animal?

Oh yeah, after I cut it up to lay him flat.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

easeandgrace

Re: I Hate This Place

First I said "Oh my Gawd", then I started laughing... this is morbidly funny!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

PemberDucky wrote:Your FACE looks like a porcupine!
BURN.

Your face doesn't actually look like a porcupine.

LOL! No, I imagine it doesn't.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
RobertStumbaugh wrote:what is shirt.woot.com's demographic like? It seems that there are alot of female voters and middle aged people. It seems like you can get votes by putting a cute face on anything. Like the pancakes from this week and those bubbles from last week. Also shirts that are a little girly get votes like the king of carrot flowers from last week or this shirt. I just want to know who I should be designing tshirts for. cool shirt btw.

I think if you try to pinpoint the demographic, you'd end up missing it. Designs just seem to click with people sometimes, and I don't think you can predict it. None of the shirts you mentioned were printed, so I don't think they quite had it either (well, this week's pancakes might...don't wanna jinx 'em!). Just try your best each week! ^-^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

RobertStumbaugh

AdderXYU wrote:The honest answer is, no one really knows. The woot base is incredibly fickle and usually wholly perplexing.

The only thing I can figure out is that individuals like myself (20yo male) must be in the minority.

andrewlb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
Re: Good Syrup Comes From Happy Trees

Parody of the Cow commercials, and maple syrup is the best

I'm only human

SailorButterfly

The colors almost give it a morbid look...like the tree is sucking blood up from the syrup bottle. Not a complaint, though, I think it's actually kinda cool.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RobertStumbaugh

SailorButterfly wrote:I think if you try to pinpoint the demographic, you'd end up missing it. Designs just seem to click with people sometimes, and I don't think you can predict it. None of the shirts you mentioned were printed, so I don't think they quite had it either (well, this week's pancakes might...don't wanna jinx 'em!). Just try your best each week! ^-^

Yeah I'll keep trying. I really thought I had something special this week with my superman/canadian flag design. Click on it and give me some constructive criticism if you have the chance.

again, cool shirt

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Re: FonzEhhh

Looks like I'm not the only one who really wants to wear this:

artulo

Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

Beautiful, and perfect on black. What really does it for me with this one is the color of the geese in contrast to the leaves. I can tell you worked hard on this one and it definitely shows!

AdderXYU

Andrew, I'm going to say this now, in hopes that, unlike some people I've commented on when they had slim to nil votes, my critique is understood.

This is really too cluttered. There's a lot going on, and it's not that it's bad, but there's way too much of it. The slogan is too close to the text of the syrup bottle, the scribbles around the tire swing don't really make sense, the styles seem to clash all over, the tree is too boxy... I think you've got some ideas in here, but I think you'll do waaay better with it if you try to distill it down to one basic concept... as it is, there's so much going on that it feels slapped together and not designed. I know it can be hard to give up an idea, but sometimes they need distilling

peppersagooddog

unlike the aforementioned shirt, this screams psycho peta person.
nice pun, but its going to get rejected.

SailorButterfly

Aww...I couldn't wear this on a shirt, it would look like I was advocating the act.

dasmonkeyboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dasmonkeyboy
easeandgrace wrote:Raising the injustice consciousness of Wooters everywhere. Good to see.

For the record... I've never met a Canadian I didn't like... and Toronto freakin' rocks.

AlcoholicRage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlcoholicRage

I like it.

RobertStumbaugh

Re: Canada Man

robots bleed oil

BanderMort

AlcoholicRage wrote:I like it.

Me too.

BanderMort

Re: Canadian Tuxedo

Hahaha, nice.

darthv8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthv8r
Re: RCMP Riders

East, West, and North Coast Suckas! We be Rollin Ice cold!

easeandgrace

Re: Connect with Canada

I like this one, too. Go, us!

easeandgrace

dasmonkeyboy wrote:For the record... I've never met a Canadian I didn't like... and Toronto freakin' rocks.

I love my Canadian friends. They're just as horrified as I am by the baby seal slaughter - just because they're Canadian doesn't mean they automatically condone it. And Toronto is a gorgeous city! :-)

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Lake Ontario Sunset

I agree -- really beautiful, and thanks for sharing the inspiration. I really appreciate something with intention and meaning. GMV, and good luck!